Threading the Needle (Sama'el)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Dymphna on December 4th, 2010, 7:22 pm

“This time of year fickle berries are little and orange. Later in the season, they’ll turn red. That’s when you want to harvest them, because they’re at their most potent. But you need to be careful. There is another shrub that looks almost identical. It’s poisonous… I’ll have to show you sometime when we’re out how to tell the difference.”

She peered down at him, studying his face from a different angle. What she really wanted to do was lean down and kiss him. She’d been having those urges more and more lately, and they unnerved her. Fortunately she wasn’t able to bend down to get to his mouth, so she was forced to smile instead, a scheming little look in her eyes for a split second as the thought of what it would be like to really kiss him flittered through her brain. It caused her to suddenly blush.

“Sam, I…”
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 4th, 2010, 9:13 pm

"Do fickle berries look like holly berries when they turn red?" he asked. "Oh, wait... holly doesn't grow out here." He blinked a few times, wondering if she had ever seen it. Perhaps the dried berries traded from colder climes.

He didn't realize a silence had crept over them until she spoke again, and he looked up, nearly overcome by the urge to sit up and kiss her, or pull her down on top of him to see if he could make their edges melt and blend if he held her hard enough.

"I really like you," he said out of nowhere. "I mean, I really, really like you. I've never... liked anyone like this before I don't think."

Mentally he reviewed the women for whom he had borne any special affection in recent years: the Master's daughter -- gratitude and wary friendship; Lillis -- a wonder and lust for the exotic; Ha'na -- more like a sister than anything else, though there was a lust for a different sort of exotic there too; Dymphna.

Dymphna.

"Dymphna, I really like you," he said again, half-aware that he was repeating himself, but finding in his slightly befuddled state that it was of sky high importance that she understand what he was saying.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Dymphna on December 4th, 2010, 10:05 pm

She froze a little, peering down at him with wide eyes. The look on her face was akin to a doe discovering a hunter with his bow drawn on her. Her mouth opened. Then closed. Then opened again.

He… Sam felt the same way as she did? Was her face turning red, because suddenly she felt flush. It was only after that thought that she realized she wasn’t breathing, and so she gulped at the air. She bit her bottom lip before her mouth twisted up into a triumphant smile.

“Sam, I… I really like you, too,” she said quietly, voice shaking just a little over this sudden revelation. “I’m… I’m quite fond of you. And I’ve never…”

She shook her head. She wanted to say something more, but she couldn’t put anything as eloquently as she wanted.
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 4th, 2010, 10:24 pm

His eyes were a little watery as he smiled up at her, but that could have been from his fall and his sudden photosensitivity. Probably it was happiness, though. Not just his normal good cheer, but honest-to-gods happiness.

Gently, ever so gently, he took her hand from his hair and brought it down to kiss her fingertips. She was soft in a pleasing way, though he had an idea that there was strength hidden in her as well. She was, after all, a Drykas.

"I know," he said, and blushed.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dymphna on December 4th, 2010, 10:49 pm

She let out a seemingly shocked giggle at what he did before he was given a dumbstruck smile. Her hand moved to hold his head for him as she shifted out from under him, twisting until she was lying next to him. She tucked one of her hands under her cheek then as peered at him, moving the other back to petting his hair.

“I’m glad you came home, Sam,” she said quietly.
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 5th, 2010, 9:13 pm

"Me too," he said, and deposited a relatively chaste kiss upon her face before settling down to peer at her.

END
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mixcoatl on December 23rd, 2010, 6:43 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Dymphna

Experience
+1 Sewing
+3 Herbalism

Lore
How to Break Sama'el's Concentration
Comforting the Patient
Manly Things and Thumb Injuries

Sama'el

Experience
+3 Riding
+2 Acrobatics

Lore
Showing Off
The Dangers of Pride
Saying Stupid Things
When Fickle Berries are Ripe

Additional Notes: I spent about three minutes trying to come up with a clever way to give you a lore about his "little Drykas", but nothing appropriate came up, so... I hate you for giving me such an awesome oppurtunity.

Oh, yeah, have fun with your new Expert skill. :)

If you feel I've missed anything, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM! Same goes if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous