Completed [Pig's Foot Tavern] Why do they come to him?! (Dresden)

Kreig, once again, finds himself on the teaching end

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Pig's Foot Tavern] Why do they come to him?! (Dresden)

Postby Kreig Messer on March 17th, 2018, 12:30 pm

20th of Spring, 518 AV, 14th Bell.

Resting in a bed does not make a happy Kreig, and after a few days of that Kreig decided that to avoid driving himself man he NEEDED to go out and about. Oh he still felt and looked as bruised as a tomato as he travelled the narrow roads and passageways, passing by housing buildings that seemed familiar but not really. Architecture was never the Berth’s strong suit and few buildings could be said to have been standing more than single decade if even half that.

In a way he was familiarizing himself with his home once more. With each step there was a limp, with each limp there was an ache and with each ache came a wince although he tried to hide that good. Two dangerous fights in less than a handful of days meant the physical pain he felt was high. It was the price he had to pay and he largely accepted the licks he received.

As he walked he passed by the countless degenerates, thieves, thugs, what have you, and the common hardworking folk who bared it and in a way largely accepted it. Oh, the latter wish there was less of the former certainly. But for that there had to be order, law, authority. And while Kreig softened to idea the average Sunberth citizen did not.

No kings, no masters. The masses tolerated none of that and thus the gangs constantly have to toe that thin line of being less of a nuisance to the city and being more trouble than they were worth. Kreig silently chuckled, it would take something big to change the mind of the masses. 500 years since the fall of an empire, and merely decades since the fall of a mad mage and his government, meant that hatred for authority would be centuries still.

Ultimate he ended up to a familiar place, the Pig’s Foot Tavern. An old haunt of his, many a brawl had been had hear much to the owner’s dismay though the man was a beast when it came to protecting its assets.

He walked, passing by the chairs and tables, raucous chatter and drunken laughter assaulting his ears. Approaching the bar itself and taking a seat upon a stool “Hey there, Merv. Gimme a mug of ale” Merv looked, up narrowed his eyes, and Kreig was certain he was contemplating throwing at him.

Merv didn’t look like he aged a day, which is saying something about a man who could have been his grandfather. Kreig merely smiled even though the action caused him to wince, waiting patiently. Ultimately Merve pulled out a mug, poured ale from a Keg, and slid to Kreig without a word.

Kreig chuckled at that, raising the mug in salute and taking a sip.

Tastes like shyke as always.
Last edited by Kreig Messer on March 25th, 2018, 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Dresden Muireach on March 18th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Dresden was a paranoid kid. Realistically every single kid in Sunberth like him was paranoid. Recently he had been affixed to the idea that he needed to learn how to fight and that he needed to do it soon. The young boy's thoughts were crowded with ifs and whens. Like when would Dresden not be able to run and what if he couldn't fight when that happened? That's why he sought Kreig. Because it was better safe than sorry.

Making his way through the wide street and slipping through and out of tight and narrow alleyways he made his way towards the best location he knew for information. The Pig's Foot Tavern. It was a very active place even if it wasn't the friendliest and for those willing to risk a limb or two he could produce some very good results. Or it could produce broken limbs and shattered bones.

Dresden was apart of those faceless masses that constructed Sunberth. He wasn't a member of a gang or a well known person in the criminal world he was just a child trying to survive in a harsh and unforgiving environment. He had some unique qualities that made him stand out ever so slightly. The most notable is the fact he seemed almost perfectly adapted to living in Sunberth or in the Quarters at least. Even if adapting took a lot out of him.

After jogging for at least a couple chimes he made it to the Tavern with a determined look on his face. It didn't expect the best results but that wasn't going to stop him. Only thing that would stop him know was... well anything involving physical trauma but he pushed that thought to the back of his mind and payed it no attention.

He walked in scanning the area. As usual it was stinking of alcohol and old men with the slight hint of some sort of narcotic substance here and there. His ears were flooded by the constant roar of the people having a good time or arguing.

He slowly made his way towards the bar and lifted himself up onto a stool with a bit of effort. Once he had made himself comfortable he saw Merv and called out to him "Hey Merv. Heard of a guy called Kreig?" Merv give him a glare before resuming his business. Dresden sighed and turned to his neighbour whom he'd spotted whist walking up to the bar.

Working up the courage to ask he let out a breath and looked towards the banged up fellow who unknown to him was who he was looking for and asked the question.

"You heard of a guy called Kreig?"
[/frame2]
Last edited by Dresden Muireach on March 27th, 2018, 7:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Words: 17615
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2017, 10:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on March 18th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Said banged up looking fellow was enjoying his al when he heard that, then he paused as he sipped. The voice was young, but was undoubtedly of the male spectrum. Without lowering his ale, Kreig turned an eye towards the source to see a short young with only one good blue eye and a cloudy one. He was on the small side, which would have lead Kreig to believe him quite young yet the pitch seemed to contradict that. Clothes were a size too big, and he wasn’t sure if that’s because he might have had meat on his bones or that indeed it was simply because he didn’t fit them proper.

He kept drinking from his ale, sipping the beverage butnot taking his eye of the lad as he then tiltedhis head back and began to gulp it all down without stop before tilting back forward and slamming the now empty mug upon the bar counter much to Merv’s dismay.

Raising a sleeve he wiped off what liquid stuck to his beard, then turned upon the stool to look upon the lad proper, resting an arm upon the counter.

Before he said anything, he contemplated if he should be straight and honest with the lad. After all, he did find his target even if it was clear he didn’t realize that. Buuuut this was Sunberth and gang initiations usually didn’t have a set age, even if the lad looked a bit too soft to be a ganger he could be an errand boy. Of course what would an errand want with Kreig he had no idea but hey, better safe safe than sorry after all.

Also he was feeling mischevious.

“And what would a boy yer age be wantin’ with a fellow like that? Now I ain’t one to care what a wee feller does usually, but lookin’ fer a loony petcher that seems a tad bit….oh I dunno, as shyked as going up Shykeriver”

He raised his brow, put on a bit of a frown, and waited for the young lad’s response.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Dresden Muireach on March 18th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Dresden felt rather intimidated examining his neighbour, the studded gauntlets were what really got to him. He could easily imagine them making a dent in his skull.

Dresden watched him casually sipping at his ale whilst waiting for his response. He withdrew slightly when he began to chug down his ale watching the mug as he slammed it onto the counter focusing on it for a moment before turning his attention back to the massive man he asked a question to.

When Kreig looked down upon Dresden he almost instantly straightened up, his hands sitting casually in his lap. He wasn't exactly terrified but it was always best to be respectful around big scary strangers.

Dresden hoped that with good luck he'd be able to find out what he needed, get out and then proceed to whatever else he'd need to do before finding his intended target... even if he had no idea he was already with said target.

"What isn't shyked up in this place? Anyhow i just need to... learn a few things and i was trying to find him for the sake of getting a good start. You wouldn't by chance know the nutter yourself?"

He studied his expression carefully and tried to come to a conclusion as to what the man was feeling. Whether or not he was looking at him with contempt or with concern he couldn't tell.
[/frame2]
Last edited by Dresden Muireach on March 25th, 2018, 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on March 18th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Well the lad had a point, what wasn’t shyked in Sunberth? If there was than the amount of such would only be counted on one hand Kreig felt. And of course, out of the mouth of babes Kreig learned he was indeed thought of a nutter. Well, nothing new really but it was nice to get that verification now and then.

He sighed, shifting on his seat and facing the bar counter again, resting his arms on the counter “Oh ay, about the same age he an’ I are. Seen ‘im about the quarters way back when” He began, wondering how long would it take for him to keep this up or for the kid to get a clue. He was giddy inside to be sure, though he was a tad annoyed that he found someone else that seemed to want to learn how to fight.

Or so he assumed, unless the kid wanted to learn how to look like a nutter. It was fairly effective in keeping crazies away even if in return you do end up looking like a crazy.

“Kid like him was violent, always pickin’ fights with those bigger than him. In fact he was as savage then as he is now if ya could believe it.” Kreig chuckled, tossing out bits of his own life. He wasn’t gonna deny that he loved himself a fight even back when he shouldn’t. Least his mom raised him right which was a lot more than anyone else could.

“An’ now he’s even nuttier, ya know went into two fights he’d right on winnin’ with, only days between both an’ comin’ out as bruised as wheel crushed rat both times” Yes, he was bot admonishing and singing his own praises there. Raising a palm to cover his face as if in disbelief yet actually hiding a grin on his face, then biting his lip to hold in a laugh. Placing his hand back on the counter, his ears picked up the chuckles of a couple of people who actually watched the fights and were picking up on what was going on.

“Oh an’ he was laughin’ an’ smiling like a maniac. Big ol’ Travis an’ pretty Anna ain’t knowin’ what hit ‘em” He tsked, putting on a slight frown . Then he looked at the boy “Are ya really sure ya wanna meet a man who could leave ya barely recognizable stain on the dirt an’ only left ya that way out of mercy?”
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Dresden Muireach on March 18th, 2018, 7:03 pm

So Kreig and this person were the same age. That was good to know. More importantly he came from the Quarters. This was something he could use to perhaps guilt trip or mani. Either way he could possibly work with what he was being given.

He seemed to be telling a good story. But that was the issue. A good story wasn't true even if it sounded convincing. His suspicions were growing with each passing moment and said suspicions were convincing him that something was up.

"Well if he was and still is violent he'll be a great teacher won't he? If he's experienced he'll know more tricks." He picked up on how he knew Kreig's mother raised him right. It seemed like those two were friends so it wasn't too far fetched. He still didn't put full trust in him though.

He smiled slightly when he mentioned the fights and the fact he won them. Kreig was not only a nutter but he was a nutter who could easily take a person out from the sounds of it and he seemed like a rather hard fellow himself. He also took notice of the fact he covered his mouth. Dresden wasn't stupid. He didn't know what he was doing but he had the feeling he was either being disregarded or being mocked.

He was blind but he wasn't deaf. People were chuckling. He didn't know why so he disregarded it for now.

"So you watched the fights eh? Must've a been a sight to see." He said thinking about the comment he made about a bruised rat. The man he sat next to had obviously taken some damage and seemed to know a lot about these fights and about Kreig... he mostly lingered on the fact he was bruised up himself. He could tell something was off by now and he had an idea about why the people he heard chuckling were chuckling "If i need a madman to teach me how to punch someone i'll deal with it. Say from what i've heard it was quite the fight weren't it Kreig?"
he was correct in saying this even if it was without his knowledge. He could've probed a bit more to try and be certain but he figured it would be quicker this way. Or well. At least he thought it would be quicker
[/frame2]
Last edited by Dresden Muireach on March 27th, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on March 19th, 2018, 5:33 am

Kreig smiled in a mixture of amusement and sincerity. Good, kid could actually take a clue. He supposed out of fairness to the lad who caught on that he was indeed talking to Kreig and not someone who knew him. Very few actually knew him save through word of mouth and Tall Johnny’s. The son of Sunberth gave a shrug that said ‘You got me’ and smiled impishly.

“Quite a sight if you were part of the audience, I actually felt it” He dropped all pretenses now, reaching into his pocket and pulling out about 4 copper to actually pay for the ale he just had “You know lad, if you’re smart enough to get a name you ought to be smart enough to actually get a description of the person you’re looking for” He teased, letting out an impish chuckle as he face the laugh.

“I mean, it’s nice to know some folk think of me as insane but if I were anyone else in this town I’d think your face would be meeting that mug and a splinter would be getting that other eye of yours” He said warmly and raised the palm of his hand to show that he would not be carrying that out, he did have morals after all.

He then extended that same hand for a shake, whether the lad accepted or not was his own prerogative ultimately, but ultimately mattered little to Kreig who would have understood should he not shake the proffered appendage “So yeah, I’m Kreig Messer, boy. A fighter at Tall Johnny’s, a place fit for the whole family or what not if your family happened to be gamblers”

His eyes narrowed then in curiosity, raising one leg over the other as he leaned forward “Now answer me this lad, you come here seeking a man whom by your own words is a nutter wanting to learn from him. Thing is, why would you assume said nutter would want or have the time to teach a lad he knows nothing about?”
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Dresden Muireach on March 20th, 2018, 9:57 pm

It was rare that Dresden was correct the first time round. Judging from the expression the bruised up man was giving him it seemed like Dresden had made a somewhat good impression. The nexr challenge he had was to convince Kreig that he was worth taking on as a possible student.

He rolled his eyes at the subtle jest. He would have responded in kind if the joke wasn't true. Dresden suddenly felt very, very idiotic. Why did he not get a description? He could've been searching for days if not for his sudden stroke of luck. Disregarding the feelings of incompetence that he found suddenly building up inside of him he looked upwards towards Kreig.

The man's words triggered a physical response from the boy. He imagined that scenario in his head. He watched it play out, defenceless with blood gushing from a broken nose and the sudden loss of sight in his only functioning eye. The idea utterly terrified him. Dresden brought himself out of this day dream and smiled sheepishly at him. "Guess it's nice that your not anyone else."

He hesitated for a moment before reaching out and clasping his hand tightly and giving it a good shake. "Sounds like the perfect place to bring children..." He mumbled quietly. "Least it isn't a brothel i guess."

He kept his posture straight. The prize fighter asked a question Dresden couldn't quite answer. "I didn't assume you'd want to bother teaching me. If anything i assumed you'd cave in my skull as soon as i mentioned your name. You grew up in the Quarters, you know how it is there." He responded "I... i just thought that maybe i could get a lesson or two from you. Something to help me survive more or less." He tried not to sound like he was begging. He didn't think he'd get too far if he sounded too desperate.
[/frame2]
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on March 21st, 2018, 4:43 am

Kreig wondered if he was so easy to read when he was the lad’s age, he didn’t doubt that he was more than likely so. He had not mean to make the lad feel too harshly about not being smarter about finding Kreig, his eyes lingering onto the boys face as he could note how disheartened he felt and annoyed with himself. The follies of youth, then again most adults weren’t quite smart in Sunberth.

What was more obvious was the reaction he had to the thought of losing another eye, that was good. Kreig wasn’t exaggerating when he said that if it were anyone else, and if they shared Kreig’s bloodlust, that they’d have roughed the lad badly enough he’d barely able to live and would have been a better mercy to kill him. If anything he’d wanted something like that to stick to get the boy to think things through and if he really wanted to risk his wellbeing on such things.

He let out a chuckle, fists covering his mouth in amusement at the brothel comment. Oh no, a brothel definitely wasn’t family friendly. In fact its more for making families. He should steer away from that, gutter humor could wait for now.

His brow quirked, then shot up in brief surprise. Lowering his leg as he crossed his arms now, he wondered why the boy would think he’d give him a couple of lessons without the actual teaching part. What was he going to say? Aim for the family jewels and poke their eyes out and that’s it? And the fact that he was willing to risk his being by asking someone who by any an account is a nutter….

Kreig wondered if he’d found someone who had less of a survival sense than he did. Yahal save him, the thought of that actually terrified him.

Looking over the boy he could see that his words still stood. Without any meat on his bones and at his age, Kreig was rather certain that the kid would never really win a fight with an adult straight up. That blind eye was also a severe disadvantage that would need be overcome. Honestly the jewel kicking and eye poking were sounding more and more viable advice for the kid by the minute and that was knowledge so common a Yukman would know it.

He scratched at his chin, closed his eyes, and then exhaled. The kid wanted to learn some stuff to survive, not fight. There was a marked difference in that you didn’t always need to fight to survive. Opening his eyes his gaze upon the boy firmly, then fell upon the tavern. He took note of all the tables, the chairs, the people, he took the distance between them and the door.

“Kid, how good at running would you say you are?”
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Dresden Muireach on March 21st, 2018, 6:43 pm

Seems progress was being made at a somewhat good pace. He'd gotten his request across at least. Though he guessed that this was where things would go down hill either slowly and steadily or immediately. He would have to wait and see.

Kreig had most likely caught onto the fact that Dresden wasn't the most subtle of people when it came to expressing his feelings. He wouldn't know how Krieg would react to his show of fear and hesitation. So far he he hadn't seemed too concerned, if anything he seemed pleased.

He let a a small smile escape at his own joke. He noticed that Kreig definitely found it a little humorous. It was a rather pleasant moment even if it was a fleeting one. Any sign of getting along was appreciated highly.

And here was where everything he planned up fell and collapsed in on itself with no possible chance of recovery. He took notice of the changes on Kreigs face and clenched his lift fist gently. Failure lead to nothing and he wouldn't have this be a wasted opportunity.

Not again. He thought to himself, i'm not being an idiot again.

He watched him as he scanned his body. Young, thin, vulnerable, helpless amongst many other words came to Dresden when he imagined what Kreig was thinking of him. The thought irritated him making him clench his fist the slight bit tighter his nails starting to dig into the dirty flesh on his palm.

Once Kreig had finished his observation of the guttersnipe Dresden relaxed a little, his expressions softening and his attention returning towards Kreig ready to listen to whatever else he had to say. He was certainly scheming something. Dresden didn't question it.

He chuckled. That was a good question to ask him. He had always been a good runner, nothing too impressive but he could escape most situations using his legs and some good short cuts. "I've done a lot of it through my life i'd say i'm pretty good at it." He nodded "Why'd you want to know? want me to petch off or something?" He asked bluntly
[/frame2]
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next