PM to join Come in the Water is Warm (Nieve)

Turrin encounters a familiar face at the Community Pool

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Come in the Water is Warm (Nieve)

Postby Turrin on April 2nd, 2018, 7:10 am

Timestamp: 75th of Spring, 518AV
Who: Turrin and Nieve

Walking into the Community pool, Turrin was happy to get some relief from the constant sweating that he was experiencing all day. It was a couple bells before evening, so the air was kind of starting to cool in the tropical evening. Turrin looked around and marveled at the design of the pools. Each pool was being fed by a waterfall and the stonework put together quite well for a settlement that lacks a quarry. He was curious if the perfection was put together by magic, but it would be a question Turrin will have to run by Duncan Citrine if he saw him today. Walking over to the soaking pool, he felt the water temperature, and it was quite warm. Pulling his hand from the water, he walked to the main pool and felt the water. It was warm too, but he doubt it was heated like the soaking pool. Syna's brilliance was quite strong today, so she must have had a hand on warming the water.

Walking back to the soaking pool, Turrin took off his boots, talon sword and scabbard, his bryda, and lastly his small clothes. Reaching up, he untied the feathers in his burgundy hair and set them on top of his bryda. Completely naked, the former Endal walked down the step into the water. He could feel the warm water instantly relax the muscles in his legs. Sitting in the water, he ducked his head under the water to get his his mid back length hair nice and soaked. Walking over to the side of the pool, he sat down and listened to jungle birds sing their evening song. Closing his eyes, the warriors mind immediately went to his old aeries and the symenestra woman who inhabited it. When he was younger, he was such a fool, he should have realized his feelings before the flying rat came in and stole her heart. The half breed was always a fool when it came to women, and he completely missed a opportunity to be with a woman who truly loved him.

Regardless, Turrin couldn't turn back time, so he needed to forget about Drusilla. Syka was his home now. Wind Reach and Aponivi were long dead, so he was free from the responsibilities to those doomed people. The thought of owning his own land in Syka excited the warrior. He wanted to hunt, trap, and be one with Caiyha. Also the thoughts of breaking a Dhani neck excited the myrian blood even more. He was home in the homeland of his goddess and surrounded by the beauty and wonder created by Caiyha. The warrior moved his body lower into the water, so the top of his shoulders were completely submerged into the warm water as the songs of the jungle birds brought back memories of a land far different from Syka. The half breed kept his eyes close and thought about the future this brought a smile to the man's face.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Nieve Glass on April 2nd, 2018, 11:33 pm

It had been a warm day, much of which Nieve had spent curled up in her hammock in the shade, dozing on and off. Sinaetri had lightly scolded her, calling her a lazy cat, but she had paid the Verusk no mind.

However, when the heat continued even into the early evening, the Kelvic decided it was time to cool down; so she'd rolled out of her hammock, hitting the sand feet first, and padded down to the water's edge. She was already naked, so in a shimmer of light she changed into her yowlwing form before diving into the waves.

They were pleasantly cool compared to the hot air and sand, but when Nieve reemerged, she quickly realized the issue with her plan; she was cooler, but now the sand was sticking to her wet fur, and she could feel the salt from the sea beginning to dry in her feathers.

With a meow of displeasure, she shook off as best as she could, then took to the air with a leap to make her way to the community pool, which she really probably should have done in the first place.

It didn't take long to reach the pool, though it involved a fair amount of flapping due to lack of a breeze. Circling above the pool, Evie noticed a lone figure lounging with his back against the stone wall, soaking in the warm water.

Quietly as she could, she landed some feet away, folding her wings neatly along her flanks before trotting over. Upon closer inspection, she recognized the man as Turrin; he had volunteered to help search for James earlier in the season, alongside herself and some others.

Some lone feathers sitting atop of the man's clothes caught her gaze; her pupils widened, taking up most of her large eyes, and her tail twitched. Unable to help herself, Nieve crouched down low, then sprang forward, batting at one of the feathers. Her small paws were gentle with it, as she knew better than to destroy someone else's belongings, and after a moment she let it fall back onto the clothing.

She had been quiet, but she was almost certain the flurry of movement would have caught the man's attention. Either way, she turned her bright gaze on him and let out a small purr of greeting before she gave a powerful flap and dove into the pool. She wasn't heavy enough to make a huge splash, but her entrance into the pool kicked up enough spray to hit Turrin.

Bubbles rose, and where the yowlwing had entered the water, a tiny, brown-skinned woman emerged, her wet curls clinging to her face. Evie gave a roguish grin to the man, revealing her sharp white teeth as she pushed her hair out of her face.

"Turrin, right?" She cocked her head to the side. "We met on the expedition to find James." She didn't introduce herself, instead simply assuming the man recognized her and remembered her name. The pool was fairly shallow where she stood, but even so Nieve had to stand on her toes and tilt her chin up to keep her head above the water.

Belatedly, she realized perhaps she was disturbing the man, but she brushed the thought aside. If he didn't want her around he would say so; she was used to being shooed off. Especially when she was in a mischievous mood, which given she'd been lazing around all day, she was; she had an excess of pent-up energy to release now that she was up and about.

"I haven't seen you around much since then. How are you settling in?" The Kelvic asked, giving up on trying to stand and instead pulling her legs up to tread water lazily, her head bobbing above the surface more easily as she kicked slowly.
Nieve Glass
Feathery feline

Words: 99031
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2017, 3:10 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Turrin on April 3rd, 2018, 6:01 pm

Turrin kept his eyes close, but he could hear the flurry of movement behind him. He looked over his shoulder and saw a winged cat playing with one of his feather. He was always a cat person, and if it wasn't for Dru, he would have bought a cat. However, in a city that worship birds a cat would have not gone over with the other residents of Wind Reach. He smirked to himself and went back to his soaking. The kitty was just playing, so he would let him or her play with his feather. Suddenly the winged cat walked to the edge of the pool and the half breed warned, “Careful Kitty. You might get wet...”

Suddenly, the winged calico cat jumped into the water and the small wave hit him in the face. He was waiting for the wing cat to emerge from the water, but in replace of the cat was Nieve pretty face. At the sudden shock of human woman just appearing in his pool. He pressed himself up against the wall in shock, but he relaxed when he saw the friendly face of Nieve staring at him. The hunter realized that the calico flying cat was probably her. She must be one of the kelvic shoplifters. The last kelvic in Wind Reach that he met was a arsehole, but he knew Nieve wasn't, so he nodded when she asked him his name. When she said that she went on the expedition to save James, Turrin said with a smile, “Yes, I remember your face, Nieve. It is good to see you again. Are you enjoying the water? It is quite nice especially after a day so hot and humid...”

When she asked him, how he was settling into Syka. Turrin said with a smile, “It is nice to have a purpose again Nieve. I have been wandering for so long that I forgot what it was like to have a home.” Looking at the young woman, he said with nod, “I originally came from the jungles of Falyndar when I lived in Taloba, so it nice to back in my goddess' realm again. However, I forgot almost all my knowledge of the jungle since I lived in Wind Reach for most of my life. It kind of strange and comforting to be back in my homeland. Where are you from, Nieve?”

Looking at Nieve, Turrin wondered if the short woman was having issues in the shallow pool. Well it was shallow to him, but he learned from past experience to not tease woman about their height in Wind Reach, but Nieve was a good natured soul, so he wasn't worried about her getting offended. Turrin gave her a welcoming nod to ledge and said with a smirk, “You should join me on the ledge of the pool.” Giving her a playful wink, Turrin said jokingly, “It would be embarrassing to drown in the soaking pool...” The hunter continued with a chuckle, “ than I would be obligated to save you, and we might both drown because I have no clue how to swim...”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Nieve Glass on April 4th, 2018, 3:07 am

Nieve laughed freely when she saw Turrin's startled expression, an impish grin on her face. "I'm sorry I startled you," She said, but her grin and amused voice held no hint of apology in it. The man relaxed quickly and seemed good-natured about her appearance, though, so she wasn't worried.

Her expression became slightly more serious as the man answered her question, and she nodded in understanding. "I know what you mean. I feel the same." She was surprised to find out the man was originally from Falyndar; but then again, perhaps she shouldn't have been, given his tanned skin and muscled physique. She tilted her head slightly as he continued. "Wind Reach? Where's that? And who's your Goddess?"

She'd done some research on the region before arriving, but for the life of her, Nieve couldn't remember if she'd heard anything about a Goddess. Turrin asked her where she was from, and Evie smiled without quite realizing it as she thought fondly of her home and her mother. "I was born in Syliras. I came here from Riverfall, though."

Nieve flushed faintly at the sudden teasing, scowling at the man in front of her, but she wasn't really offended. Well, mostly. She was used to being teased about her height. "Hey," She protested, shoving her hands towards him to splash him again, this time on purpose. A giggle erupted from her as she did so.

"Well, unlike you, I can swim." She stuck her tongue out quickly. "So maybe you should be the one worried about drowning!" Despite her words, Nieve kicked to propel herself closer, dropping an arm onto the ledge beside Turrin to hang off of it instead of treading water.

The man was right; the water was nice after such a hot day. Evie stretched her legs, her toes just barely brushing the bottom of the pool. "You really can't swim?" She asked, turning her inquisitive gaze onto the man beside her. The late day sunlight danced off the surface of the water, casting shimmering, shifting reflections onto Nieve's face.

"It's fun. I'm not very good at it myself," She confessed, somewhat sheepishly. "But maybe I could teach you? It would be a useful thing to have around here; and this way, you won't drown in the pool!" She grinned at Turrin as she teased him, flicking more spray at him.

"It's not very hard," She added, encouragingly, turning her body to face the wall and resting her other arm on the ledge, propping her chin on her forearm.
Nieve Glass
Feathery feline

Words: 99031
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2017, 3:10 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Turrin on April 12th, 2018, 6:09 pm

When Nieve asked him about Wind Reach and his goddess, Turrin was a devote follower of the war goddess Myri, but he revered both Dira and Kihala equal devotion along with the provider Caiyha, the nature goddess. Returning the pretty woman's smile, Turrin said with a nod, “My father was a myrian, so I consider Myri my mother goddess. I hold her in my heart above all the other gods. Since I am hunter and warrior, I hold Dira and Kihala with equal devotion. You can't have life without death.” Taking a small pause, the hunter said with a smile, “As I said, it is refreshing to be home. To be fully embraced by Caiyha is comforting. It is much better than to be surrounded on all sides by stone.”

Turrin's golden eyes a gift from his mother looked haunted when he thought about Wind Reach and said softly, “Wind Reach was my mother's homeland, so when my family was banished from Taloba, we relocated ourselves there. Wind Reach is a city made into a belly of a giant Volcano, and they worshiped birds of all types. The wind eagles were the true masters of Skyinarta, and their riders, the endal, are their lords over the Inarta people. It is a world of the strongest of the fitness, and if you are infirm or lazy, you don't eat. The Inarta live life for the moment because they believe life can be taken away at a moment notice...” Turrin took a deep breath and said to her with a smile, “The Inarta are passionate people, Nieve. Living there made me into the man that I am today..”

When Nieve said that she was born in Syliras and lived in Riverfall, Turrin's golden eyes perked up with interest when she mentioned Riverfall. He remembered his father and mother telling him when he was boy that they met in the akalak city. His mother Ceela was Inarta musician while his father was a mercenary. Looking at Nieve, Turrin said with a nod, “My mother and father met in Riverfall before they went back to Taloba to join my father's clan. If you are willing, you will need to share some stories about Riverfall. I was only there briefly, so I hadn't time to gather stories of my own.”

Turrin noticed the flush bloom on her cheeks after he teased her about her height. The hunter felt bad that he embarrassed her. He was about to apologized, but the bubbly woman splashed some water at him. When he heard a giggle, Turrin responded with a flick of water of his own with a smirk of his own. Nieve stuck out his tongue at him. The hunter laughed at the childish gesture, and he had to admit that she got him by pointing out his lack of swimming skills. The curly haired woman seemed to not believe him that he didn't know how to swim. Letting the water hit him in the face, Turrin said with a chuckle, “You got me there, Nieve. I surrender, but no I never learned how to swim. As a boy in the jungle, I learned to stay away from freshwater because of predators like alligators, snakes, and parasites. Wind Reach did have swim able freshwater, but I was to busy working to relax and go for a swim.” Turrin said with chuckle, “However, I was great at soaking in the hot springs in Wind Reach, so if you want tips on busy lazy, I am your guy!”

When Nieve admitted that she was a good at swimming, but she was willing to teach him the basics than she took another jab at his pride again. Turrin wasn't insulted at all, and he chuckled to himself as he wiped the water from his face. The half breed turned to face Nieve and said with a wink, “Alright, I always wanted to learn how to swim, and it will allow me to get to know the pretty girl sharing the pool with me.”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)