Closed Busy Bees (Estavar)

The kitchen gets busy at the Sunrise Nook.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Busy Bees (Estavar)

Postby Saiyin on April 17th, 2018, 7:59 pm

36th Spring 518 AV
Just before sunrise
"Speech"

"Look, Saiyin, could you wait just a gods damned chime please?"

Saiyin flinched out of the way as a frustrated woman with gingery hair brushed past towards the oven. She had introduced herself as 'Ajah' the day before when Saiyin had visited with an enquiry in mind. Ajah was the proud owner of the eatery Saiyin was now standing in. It was called the 'Sunrise Nook', and she had never visited it before. Ordinarily, she wouldn't be there this morning either, but now she had a business of her own to think of and as such her mind had to broaden to think of the other businesses in the city too.

The Sunrise Nook was quiet. At least, the restaurant itself was quiet. The sky was still dark outside, and most people knew that it only opened once Syna's rays had touched the horizon. Saiyin had learnt that only recently too. She was learning new things each and every day when it came to running a business. Should she advertise with scraps of paper, or patrolling the streets shouting about the wondrous services she could offer? Should she wait and let business come to her, or go out and find it? The latter was what she'd chosen, in this particular instance. Most of her days were slow and steady, which was a trifle disheartening. Saiyin worked hard to create heaps of glassware that could easily be sold, in bulk if necessary, but she only had a few takers here and there.

But Ajah had let her in to the kitchen that morning to talk about what Saiyin could offer her. She had anticipated an easy, ten chime chat, where she could talk about the kinds of glass she could sell her and Ajah could nod with appreciation and accept her offer. Instead, she had been met with a woman, hectically rushing around, demanding she help one minute and shooing her away the next. Yesterday, the ginger woman had seemed so much more relaxed...

Saiyin moved where she'd been pointed to, and decided it would not be wise to disturb the restaurant owner any further until she was ready. That left her at a loose end. However, there was one other in the kitchen, and though he was obviously busy cooking too, he seemed a little more approachable than the owner.

She smiled in his direction and approached him, trying not to knock any of the baked goods off the work surface. She was pretty sure she knew the man, perhaps even from the Heart's Festival. She looked at his dark hair, spiked up, and his blue eyes. He seemed decent enough, and she introduced herself again in case he'd forgotten. "Hi, I believe we've already met, at the Heart's Festival. I didn't peg you as a cook..." To her, the lad didn't look like a cook, but then she didn't exactly look like a glassblower. "I can't remember if I already introduced myself, but I'm Saiyin. Is there anything I can help with? I'm not much of a cook, but I'm trying to get out of Ajah's hair until she's more free to talk. If you need me to wash things, or hand you ingredients, then I'm your gal." Saiyin grinned, and pushed her hair behind each ear with both her hands.
Saiyin
~☆~

Words: 34880
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2018, 3:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)