OOC Info The Riverfall Character Registry - Spring 518 AV!

Please register if you are playing in Riverfall this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Riverfall Character Registry - Spring 518 AV!

Postby Hurik on March 29th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Hurik, The Bloodmane, Whiskers (Thanks Jomi.)

Age, Sex, Race? 38 (Age at death, turning 39 on the 2nd), Male, Ghost of a Mixed Blood Human with Inartan/Vanthan ancestry.

What is your PC's source of income? Currently Mrs. Craven's loyal servant, and given his ghostly nature, has no practical use for money beyond bribing others.

Describe your character in a short abstract? Hurik is a fast-talking, mostly sane, occasionally murderous, and amnesiac ghost who was a mercenary in life. Now he serves a diminutive blonde stick of a woman in the hopes of finding his still-living (hopefully) wife, and finding out who was responsible for his untimely demise.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? Hurik is visiting for as long as his mistress is, which means he should be staying from about the time she arrives until the end of the season, when he will follow where Madeira takes them.

What are your favorite types of threads? My favourite threads, practically speaking, improve my ability as a writer by allowing me to explore new ways of crafting my character's story. Content-wise, I'm pretty relaxed, as long as you can find a fascinating way to have a thread about cooking bacon, for example. Maybe the cook wants to use the bacon to lure an Akalak into a trap for instance? It's not that hard to spice things up, essentially.

What types of threads do you despise? I really would rather not do job threads, and luckily I don't have to. Solo threads are also somewhat unexplored territory for me, which is why Hurik, my ghost, not needing a job and being tied to a spiritist PC, is my perfect situation for Miz. Suits my needs. Mandatory writing, I guess, is what I despise.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Last season, Hurik really got a crap ton of insight and development especially surrounding his sordid origins. This Spring season is going to be all about how he comes to terms with his new situation, and since he won't be likely to turn anything new up in RF in terms of his past, hopefully much in tune with the season's spirit itself, this spirit will be looking to the future.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? My dream thread would have to be something that makes my character a pivotal part of a larger story in Miz. I don't even need Hurik to be a protagonist, but just to make a lasting mark on the world that might even be reflected in a small part of the lore. I'd love for Hurik "The Bloodmane" to go down in history for something redemptive in nature, or even something infamous too. He has this great duality to him. My dream thread; Redemption or damnation, in a lasting and impactful way, by my little red-headed ghost man.

Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? I can honestly say that without playing in Riverfall, I'm ill-equipped to make assessments of where the city's strengths and weaknesses lie, but I can say from the outset that the place where Riverfall seems the most fleshed out is as a racial capital for the Akalaks, naturally. And as for the area where it appears to lack the most? I suppose I might guess that would be the Inter-City lore/coverage. This might very well be proven dead-wrong by the fact that my PC is a member of the A.I.M. (Alvad Invasion Militia). I can see the logic in minimal relationships/interactions due to the post-Valterrian nature of things. But I don't really get why Riverfall has no written standings (that I could find) with the other settlements in Cyphrus, which is surprising. A slave-capital, a moving tent city of horse-lords, and the ZITH CITY all seem like interesting neighbours whose proximity to Riverfall might have more impact than say, far-off Ravok.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Honestly Goss, what can I even say? You're tough but fair, unbelievably dedicated to the site, and I don't want to get on your bad side. Much like the Riverfall Strength/Weakness question though, I don't know how much I can truly speak to your abilities as moderator when most of my experience with you comes from your role as a Founder. The others above me all seemed to make sensible suggestions, so I'll just tack on my "vote" for their ideas because they seem helpful.

Additional Comments: I'm coming up on the tail-end of some major IRL stuff, but like I mentioned earlier, I'm not too worried about stuff like job threads and the like. Mostly I'm just hoping I can pitch in with my ragtag PC band's group of antics sufficiently, and reap some cool new Hurik development from the freaking awesome seasonal stuff in RF this Spring. Cheers!

All credit goes to the amazing Arisia!
Hurik
Shade of a Silver-Tongued Bastard

Words: 59376
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2017, 8:47 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

The Riverfall Character Registry - Spring 518 AV!

Postby Faradae on April 26th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Faradae (Fara)

Age, Sex, Race? Nine years, female, Kelvic

What is your PC's source of income? Courier

Describe your character in a short abstract? An adventurous lady aging quicker than her storm and stress nature likes.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? Visiting for at least one season, let's see where plots take her.

What are your favorite types of threads? I love anything with a bit of a twist, exploration of new places (it's Fara's first time in RF) and interactive threads that go beyond a meet and greet.

What types of threads do you despise? I don't despise anything, but aforementioned meet and greet threads get boring if there's nothing more to them. I'm also really bad at combat scenes, so I need to practice those.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Fara needs to bond (her biorhythm is about 30 at this point). Also, combat.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I'm drawing a blank here thematically, but the idea is that everyone has fun (player and ST) because nothing runs quite according to plan.

Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? While hierarchies tend to seem a little antiquated, the Akalak pride themselves on the way their society works, and that is most evident in Riverfall as their proud representative. The city is beautifully designed and thoughtfully detailed. ICly, the very same hierarchy would be a weakness in it's immovability. As a Kelvic character, I'll hardly complain about status problems though, that's part character design choice. If I want my character to have a high standing, I could choose a different city. If I wanted a high ranking character in Riverfall, I'd play Akalak. I might run into actual weaknesses while rping, but it's hard to point things out before I start.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? All I've seen from you as a moderator has been excellent, Goss. If I saw any room for improvement, I'd let you know.

Additional Comments: PM me about threading anytime. Anyone. We can make it work. Happy writing!

Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous