Finders, Seekers (Shibura)

Shibura wishes to become a Seeker.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Luminescence on May 15th, 2018, 3:12 am

Finders, Seekers

6th of spring, 518 AV

The afternoon was a hot one; Syna's light beamed down relentlessly on the peaks of Lhavit, the heat unforgiving. The only relief came from a cool breeze that swept through the more open of streets, causing flowers and grass to sway gently.

Perched on the peak of the Tenten Peak, towering above the buildings around it, sat the Bharani Library, gleaming in the sunlight. Large skyglass steps lead up to the grand doors, and to Shibura who stood at the base of the steps, the sight could be dazzling or intimidating; or perhaps both.

At the top of the steps stood two Shinya, one on either side of the grand set of doors, and they both nodded politely to Shibura as he approached. Inside, the library was just as grand; the crystalline ceiling stretched high above, and skyglass crystals lined the floor and shelves, which were filled with hundreds, if not thousands, of books and scrolls.

The inside of the library was blessedly cool compared to the outside; despite there being no draft, it felt akin to entering a shaded cavern, the air just chilly enough to offer relief, but not enough that those inside would become cold.

The library was rather sparse; a few people milled about, some browsing, some reading, and others seeming to just enjoy the shelter from the hot sun. A woman in a white robe passed in front of Shibura, then paused when she saw him standing near the entrance, and approached with quick, purposeful steps.

"Hello," She greeted him, with a quick, courteous smile. Her hands were clasped in front of her, resting on her stomach lightly, and a golden mark glowed dimly on the back of her right hand. "Can I help you? You look somewhat lost."

Her dark eyes gleamed faintly with what was possibly amusement. "The library can be...overwhelming, for those first visiting. It is understandable. Are you new to Lhavit, or have you just never had the opportunity to come here?" Her questions were polite yet curious, and after a pause, she extended the hand that gleamed with the symbol on its back in offering to shake.

"My name is Silvya. And you?"

OOC :
I am so sorry this took me so long Shibura; I know it's a bit short, but once we get the introductory stuff out of the way it should pick up a bit. Thank you for being so patient with me, and of course let me know if you have any questions!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Shibura on May 31st, 2018, 7:12 pm

The heat, the unbearable heat of the afternoon was dreadful, Shibura covered his eyes as he checked his location, it should be around here somewhere… His arm raised above his eyes to shield his vision from the glow of the sky. The building he had been searching for, The great library of Lhavit.it was beautiful in the light of the afternoon he stood, mouth agape at the foot of the steps to enter the library.

As he walked up the steps he noticed the two Shinya guards and he nodded back at them, The stalwart guardians of the city.His mouth opened once more as he stepped through the archway he admired the beauty of the building, The architecture of this city was beyond compare, that was without a doubt the most beautiful building he had ever set his eyes on. Rows, Stacks, Piles, So many books and scrolls filled the shelves and he couldn't help himself but the sight elicited so much happiness in his heart that if he weren't so refreshed from the cool air in the library he would have wept at the site of all this knowledge in one place available to everyone in the city.

A woman approached, quickly and with guided steps, her face was polite and she seemed to know what was going on, perhaps a person in charge, she spoke to him kindly and asked if he needed guidance.

Returning the woman's smile he spoke back to her softly, his face showed a small grin at the notion that he may be lost, no he had come here for A reason.

I, Um.” He cleared his throat and regained his composure.”I am new to the city actually, I came from a Place where knowledge is more safeguarded than this, it's beautiful to see, so many books in one place.”

He gestured to the people milling about in the halls of literature and he smiled happily. “ My Name is Shibura, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, I was actually hoping to find a position of employment within the library, I think it is wonderous what this place has done, do you happen to know who I would speak to about that Miss Silvya ?”
Shibura
Player

Words: 4893
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2018, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets