Completed [Tall Johnny's] The Answer is.... Bodybuilding

An ancient answer that Kreig has decided to embrace...somewhat reluctantly

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Tall Johnny's] The Answer is.... Bodybuilding

Postby Kreig Messer on June 30th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Olav dashed close to Kreig, throwing out jab after jab. Kreig turned and twisted his body trying to avoid them but most if not all had struck like a chisel to stone, slowly tearing away at him. At the end of his flurry of Jabs Olav stepped in to unleash a right hook aimed at Kreig’s side, Kreig could barely blocked as he raised an elbow to pblcok its path. It hurt regardless but it was much better than having his liver struck, that would have ended him immediately.

Dropping his guard briefly, Kreig hoped Olav would take the invite in the midst of his offensive barrage. And lo and behold he did as tried to throw an uppercut which Kreig could barely avoid so fast was Olav’s strike that the skin of Olav’s knuckles grazed against Kreig’s chin.

Time for payback, ya ol’ shaft digger ’ Kreig thought as he threw his fist in a hook punch against Olav’s stomach, but Olav deftly stepped back and to side away from the trajectory of Kreig punch, another jab striking to brawler’s face and then following with a straight that Kreig narrowly redirected with straight punch only for an uppercut to catch the brawler off-guard in the stomach.

Kreig gasped, but had not buckled over. Kreig may have felt like dropping but the fact he hadn’t meant the punch hadn’t much power to, and likely due to Olav’s exhaustion. The older man had little kindle left to burn and Kreig not far behind.

Kreig broke away at that point, panting heavily as he looked at Olave with a wide grin on his face. Kreig was enjoying the fight immensely, and Olav seemed to be feeling the same which made it all the better. Kreig gave Olav a come here gesture with his hands, readying his fist to deliver a haymaker if he timed everything perfectly.

Olav moved closer then, a last burst of energy and perhaps readying his strike to Over throw Kreig with, but at this precise moment a voice shouted over them.

“TIME” And so Olav paused and Kreig had no choice but to relax, both fell on their rears as they gathered their breaths. In the end this spar ended in a draw, but a draw was something that grated at them like a loss. It culd be assumed Kreig would have won had both faught at the height of their energy, but Kreig wasn’t quite certain, Olav lasted a good deal longer than Kreig expected and the speed of his punches were better than Kreig, while Kreig had the virtue of being younger and would have fared better in a location other than the pit.

Ultimately Kreig felt it was uncertain, but if the Tall Johnny ever decided to set the two against each other than Kreig guess their score would be settled then.

For now he just wanted to take a break. The younger man looked over to Olav he looked to bejust as relieved that everything ended, but of course in his eyes there was that spark in his eyes that told he felt as much as Kreig did about their score.

Kreig slowly got up and so did Olav, the employee who had timed their fight wandered seeing as his task was done.

“I coulda taken ya” Kreig boasted even as his everything felt like shyke.

“yeah yeah, go back to yer mother’s tits why don’t ya?” Retorted Olav, who was doing a poor job at hiding his “By the way Johnny says you have a fight tonight”

“Wait what?” Kreig looked back to Olav, who let out a wicked grin “I’m so tired I ain’t sure I got the energy for that?”

“So get some sleep, by night ye’ll get all yer energy back I’m sure, know I will”

“But I’ll be sore!”

“Yeah? Well a real fighter doesn’t gets to always choose when to fight, ‘sides yer replacing another fight an’ yer up against another brat… I’m sure you’ll manage” Olav responded as he walked past Kreig, giving a lazy wave as he no doubted decided to return to his own chambers for some good old sleep.

Kreig looked dumbfounded however, and let out a sigh of tired frustration as he kicked at the dirt and went for his guantlets and practice blade before he wandered off to his room.

He was starting to wonder if Olav wanted him to get tired on purpose, but nonetheless it was Kreig’s job.

Didn’t mean he was looking forward to it.

Word Count: 757

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on June 30th, 2018, 3:52 pm

Kreig trudged to his small room, as soon as he opened the door he dropped his items, closed the door behind him and simply collapsed on his bed “Oh Dhira take me now” despite the unfortunate phrasing hoped the goddess of Death would away only his exhaustion as it claimed him.

His everthing hurt, from his head from all the blowshe received from Olav. To his arms, torso and legs from the exhaustion but also the pain that former champion unleashed upon him. It was if he were wearing a full set of plate armor but with an addition of another suit on him.

Still, Kreig found it worth it. Ultimately Kreig felt that the effort put in today, and of course the effort tomorrow will play a large role in the future. Wether it be immediate or far off, Kreig knew not but ultimately it would play a role.

Rolling onto his back, he looked at the roof of his room. There was nothing special about it, but others it held a meaning; a home, and while Kreig couldn’t consider Tall Johnny as something of his, others would have gladly taken his place to simply say they had a roof over the head and a pillow to lay their heads on.

“Is it enough that I’m trainin’ me body an’ not includin’ me mind?” Kreig asked no one in particular. All he’d done today was simply to forge his body into a more lethal weapon, noting more and nothing less. A powerful punch could lay down a powerful thug but it brought no comfort to a poor man, a hungry child, and a lady in distress. A powerful punch could not build a house, till the fields or cook a meal.

No, other than taking care of thugs and beasts the only good his punches were good for were earning him a hefty amount of coin. He could find use for that at least, and if his punches meant defending folk from the gangs and other threats then at least it was a step in the right direction.

That comforted Kreig a bit, his eyes heavy now. He found he’d no energy to move now as he relaxed into his bed. His thoughts wandered onto to other people now. What we as Kelski doing in her shop? Was she making jewelry or had she decided a day off for the day? What of her tenants? What of her bodyguard? Were they doing good as well?

He then thought of Tent City, was their day just a bit easier now? And the old fortune teller… did old age get her yet? He didn’t even have the energy to snort at that, finding it unlikely the old bird slipped off to the thereafter. Merv was no doubt serving food and drink at the Tavern even if it wasn’t crowded yet, Kreig doubted the old man heard of a day off and would have been offended at the thought.

And so on and so forth Kreig’s thoughts wandered, before losing any semblance of coherence as he drifted off the blissful sleep.

Word count: 519

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on July 8th, 2018, 5:40 pm

Grade :
Kreig Messer

Experience

Skill XP Earned
Bodybuilding 5 XP
Endurance 5 XP
Longsword 3 XP
Unarmed 2 Xp
Boxing 3 XP

Lore

Olav: Former champion of Sunberth
Olav: Old but experianced
Longsword two-handed: Switching stances after strikes

Notes :
Feel free to PM me with any questions concerning your grade.

Credit goes to Trickster for this lovely Template

e
e
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Previous