Closed (Midnight Gem) Unexpected Lesson

Ren is having a very bad day

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

(Midnight Gem) Unexpected Lesson

Postby Rene Rafar on July 17th, 2018, 1:23 am

"You sure?" she asked. Ren began to show him what she did know attacking as if she was in her cat form curving her fingers into claws launching herself at him as if she was fighting off someone who was going to harm her until she had warn herself out.
Rene Rafar
Player

Words: 47214
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2018, 2:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on July 18th, 2018, 10:34 am

Kreig wondered if he needed to word that better considering, though if he were quiet honest he wasn’t sure he could have considering he just asked her to demonstrate her movements in front of him… not by demonstrating said movements by attacking him. Kreig mentally groaned as he blocked one of her attacks,

She was quick, he will give her that and no doubt attributed to her nature as a cat kelvic. The movements of her hands were bent for quick, sharp, scratches that would unpleasant cuts on his personage if he hadn’t moved to block or redirect her attacks, or outright shifted himself to outright avoid them.

It didn’t take long however, as however primal and quick her strikes were… it began to slow as she tired. If he had to set her in a serious fight than he would have hoped she cut a vital right at the go otherwise Kreig was sure she wouldn’t last five chimes.

“Alright alright, ye can stand down” He said a touch firmly as he lowered his arms and steppe back, his breath hardly worse for wear in comparison to the effort she showed.

“Alright, so ya fight like a cat but I can read ya like a book” He stated simply as he began to pace, scratching the side of his face while never taking his gaze off her “Ye ain’t a slow fighter, that there’s a good thing. But yer like a bolt from a crossbow ya know? Let ya fly an’ ya can travel far an’ fast, but once yer reachin’ the end ye’d be about low on energy”

He brought his fist to slam into the palm of his other hand “An’ like it unless ya hit where it matters yer gonna be a wasted shot”

Ideas formed in his mind as he pondered what to do, even as he went on “An’ all it takes is a crack in the shaft or snappin’ off the head ta make a bolt unusable, so one good hit ta you makes it jus’ about the same I reckon”

He then held up his hand and raised a finger “ So whatcha need to learn is where, when an’ how to hit with ‘yer’ claws, so we’re gonna see about adaptin’ those punches to something that works for ya an’ come up with new stuff on the fly”

He then raised a second finger “Ye ain’t got much energy ta last in a good fight fer long, an’ while I can’t be here daily I’m gonna see about givin’ ya some exercises ta build that up’ which plays inta…”

He raised a third finger “Even if ya hit fast an’ cut somethin’ good, it nevers hearts to build up some muscle, a jab’s only like getting’ smacked with a rag if ya ain’t even got bite to it an’ if ya get grabbed by someone I’d at least expect ya ta have the strength ta force ‘em off or give ya leverage to break away”

Three things, three important things. There were other things, but he could give her those during the periods he taught her. And who knows, maybed he could drag Kelksi into it, he at least hoped she kept up her unarmed training despite the single lesson.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on July 18th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Ren slowed at his words to stop breathing hard. when she was fighting she wasn't trying to hurt him so most of her attacks were swats at best she didn't try and go for the kill shots for he was a friend of Kelski's and she had hope a friend to her as well. This fight was different than any others she had been in mostly they were meant to either protect her enough to get away or the one time she did take a life but that was only because she couldn't get away.

As she listened to the three things he wanted her to do she nodded "I can see what you mean I hope I didn't hurt you for I wasn't trying to. You just said to show you and I really didn't know how else to do so." Smiling at him. "Most of my fighting was to get away as fast as I could." Sighing she told him about the one she couldn't get away from and how his life ended at her hands.
Last edited by Rene Rafar on July 20th, 2018, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on July 20th, 2018, 5:27 pm

Kreig listened, nodded, and sighed “Well ain’t like you had yerself a choice” Kreig said casually, scratching the side of his face, few had the power to show mercy here in Sunberth and get away with it, and Kreig felt that really; killing the man was her best available option. Oh she probably could have avoided him as long as she could, but sooner or later they’d cross again and so even then she might have no choice but to end him.

Kreig let her know as such, there was no sugar coating such a thing and truly it would have been a disservice “Thing is fer you darlin’, ya can either ‘come fast enough that ye’ll always escape, or be dangerous enough that they’ll be havin’ two-thoughts wether ta tussle with ya”

He let out another sigh “Or be friends with folk who are right dangerous, but really even them options ain’t a guarantee” He admitted honestly, he looked to her sympathetically “Best ye can do stronger, an’ don’t be ponderin’ upon them deaths, nightmares are bad enough as is lemme tell ya.” And he had personal experience on philosophical discussions with himself about life and death to not want someone else to start pondering about with guilt.

“Anywho, I gots me an idea about usin’ a jab with that well… ‘claws’ of yers, an’ repetition is good for the body ta get used ta things so… nuff gabbin’ and lets get to it” He said, taking up positiong and turning to the side, raising his left hand only this time in an open palm, thumb on the inside with his fingers held in that claw like manner that Ren had demonstrated to him.

His mind went through the process of how a jab with such a hand position would work. The key point would be the nails or the ‘claws’ themselves. If someone had sharp enough nails then they could use to scratch and cut peoples flesh, not deep cuts but cuts nonetheless. Cuts themselves are painful enough and especially if exposed to air and dirt he supposed.

His hand darted forward in a jabbing motion, he imagined his fist not punching someone’s face but rather his nails brushing against skin. If cut and filed to a point they would leave behind sharp scratches on his target’s face. He then pulled his fist back as quickly as he launched, and imagined his hand making another scratch on the return trip, adding even more to what was already done.

He threw another ‘claw’ jab as he dubbed them, and another and another. Presumably more possibilities that could be done against the mental image he was forming.

“Right, I’m getting’ ideas” He voiced

“Now, for brusin’ this here ‘claw’ jab ain’t good for shyke, but I’m reckonin’ its right good for them scratches. If yer precise in your punchin’, ya could claw not just the side of there faces, but claw right atthere eyes as yer throwin’ an’ pulling back. Make ‘em half blind on one side of their face” He explained, throwing one such jab at an imagined head, imagining his nails clawing at the corner of said eye and making a second attempt on the returning strike.

“An’ ya could probably use it cut something in the neck if ye ever find yerself forced ta be killin another but ain’t got a weapon or even a rock” He said, throwing another ‘claw’ jab aiming it for the neck, but he reckoned the cut wouldn’t be deep enough “But ya probably need pretty sharp claws or somethin’ ta da that, easier ta do the eye thing he remarked”

He threw a few more of those ‘claw’ jabs, trying to picture more “If’n ya had somethin’ sharp enough on those fingers, ya’d probably be doin’ deeper cuts or even quick small stabs if yer careful nuff not to get ‘em stuck”

He stopped then, lowering his arms and then raised his right hand in that same position “Heck, I reckon ya can do sharper ones with that straight punch I showed ya to…really, I reckon’ if I adapt any of the punches I know they can be leavin’ good cuts provided I’m keepin’ in mind I ain’t bludgeoning someone with ‘em an’ more like cuttin’ ‘em”

This truthfully had him wanting to test such things out, probably in his next fight at tall Johnny’s.

He turned to look at Ren,now scratching the back of his neck with his left hand and raising his right ina go ahead gesture “But yeah, I reckon’ that say… ya practice ‘em at least an hour every mornin’ ya can have ‘em down pat, eventually they’ll be practically instinct an’ yer arms will get right used to ‘em after some 5 to 7 days at which point I can show ya somethin’ else”

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Rene Rafar on July 20th, 2018, 10:54 pm

Ren nodded "Thanks I will and I'll also try working the punches that you had shown me at first. If I can get where I can fight both ways one with claws and the other just punching It would be good to know them both so your moves cant be predicted." Thinking a loud as she was watching his moves and intimating him when she wasn't real sure of the right form should be. "That would be great Kreig." Smiling at him, "Seeing as I have taken up most of your practice time I'll head up stairs and bring back some water to drink."

With that she did as she said and came back a couple chimes later holding out a glass to him as she slowly drank from her own water glass.
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on July 25th, 2018, 7:45 am

Kreig simply nodded, watching her leave as he sat back on the ground and scratched his the side of his neck letting out a low sigh. He enjoyed it, he must admit. Then again he usually enjoyed trying to impart some part of his skills to people willing and Rene showed that. Still he wondered if he could find even more ways to adapt or create a style for the cat-kelvic. Turning punches into claw like strikes was obvious now that he thought about it though that was simply him using a lesson he’d learned throughout his entire brawling spree.

Everything was a weapon.

And so it led him to try and seeing if he can use the nails of his fingers as weapons in a way that could benefit the cat Kelvic, though in truth he’d also learned something. Like Rene said; variety was key, and a good variety of attacks meant to constantly keep the opponent guessing. When she returned the brawler smiled kindly at her as he accepted the glass of water, sipping as she sipped.

His mind wandered on tomorrow, the day after, and the next. He wondered if the others were interested as well, to learn how to fight without weapons when they find themselves without. It would set him at ease, he felt, to know even at their most weakest they’d have something to perhaps fall upon no matter how slight.

But well, that was something to ponder another time, and so he just drank his water.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on July 25th, 2018, 8:07 am

Grade :
Rene Rafar

Experience

Skill XP Earned
Unarmed4 XP
Endurance 2 XP
Acrobatics1 XP
Observation2 XP
Socialization 4 XP

Lore

Unarmed: Straight Punch
Unarmed: Jab
Unarmed: Straight 'Claw'
Unarmed: 'Claw' Jab
Kreig Messer: Unintended Victim
Kreig Messer: Willing Teacher

Kreig Messer

Experience

Skill XP Earned
Unarmed 2 XP
Boxing1 XP
Teaching 3 XP
Socialization 2 XP

Lore

Rene Rafar: Leaping Ocelot Cat Kelvic
Rene Rafar: Had a Terrible, No-Good, Day
Rene Rafar: Fights Like a Cat
Unarmed: Straight 'Claw'
Unarmed: 'Claw' Jab

Notes :
Feel free to PM me with any questions concerning your grade.

Credit goes to Trickster for this lovely Template

e
e
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Previous