Closed [Trail of Waterfalls] Death on the Water (Elea)

Savis and Eleutheria meet.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Trail of Waterfalls] Death on the Water (Elea)

Postby Savis Maren on July 30th, 2018, 8:45 pm

86th of Summer, 518

As the season drew to a close, Savis Maren found that the effects of djed mutation began to simmer off. She'd been adventurous with their craft throughout the season, expanding upon her knowledge of Animation and even using it to her advantage. She was proud of her creations and carried Sil with her in her rucksack. As her voice returned, she found it best to leave the Voice Box in her home, a relic unneeded in the reclamation of her own voice. A soft hum escaped the Nuit's lips as she traveled higher along the mountain. The path was neat and tidy, the wooden planks easily supporting the Nuit's weight as she passed through. The Nuit had recently undergone its change and wore a different face. Her body, like the last, was young and new, presumably some illness plagued it in life. Unused to possessing a male shell, Savis' gait was lithe and feminine, her steps smaller than her legs were comfortable making. The Nuit stood at a height of six feet, far taller than her previous form. She'd used the past few days to adjust to the difference and felt comfortable with her adopted gait. Her movements were sluggish by nature, her posture somewhat hunched and the dark bags were well formed under her eyes. Her pallid features, sullen expression and vividly pale eyes portals to the eternal soul buried in cold flesh.

The pathway carried the Nuit through the trail and her gaze was abound. A current pulled torrents of water through, waves of it cascading down the face of cliffs and crashing into rocks. It was relaxing to be in the presence of such majesty. The Nuit had no pulse or even a heart in its chest, but certainly, if she was alive it'd be beating with excitement. Savis found intrigue cast upon her expression as she paced along the pathway. Djed poured from the depths of her soul and coursed into her arms. Her pace took slower still as she focused, severing the link her pathways had with her left arm. The limb slumped at her side as she implemented Projection. Her astral arm moved quicker than her physical limbs, and it stretched just slightly as it cast forth and plucked a stone from the ground. Her grip on the smooth surface was weak and her strength was as such. When she threw the stone, the force behind it was pathetic, and it plummeted against the cliffside instead of making it into the water. Savis let a soft 'tch' escape her lips as she moved her legs to carry her forth. She plucked the second stone from the earth for her second attempt. However, she wanted to advance and was eager to get off the wooden bridge that connected the ledges.

The Nuit continued along her path, bringing the stone in her possession and handing it from her astral limb to the physical limb she still had control over. She failed to notice another on the opposite side of the bench as she made the effort to re-connect her astral limb to her physical. Four ticks of effort before the action completed and her gaze wandered. In the Nuit's view was a lovely, redheaded young woman. Her features bore the warmth of the living and she seemed preoccupied. Making sure that her bulky arm was capable of movement, she raised the limb to chest level. The woman sharing the bench Savis sat on would see before her a pale figure. Tall and perhaps handsome in life, the male body bore the signs of its undead condition. Black curls cast along its head in waves combed off to the side. Pale, unblinking eyes cast forth towards her, tongue and gums black as a brief movement of lips brought the sight into view. Savis' body was tall, but gaunt, with its chest and abdomen unnaturally thin in comparison to its size.

"Well hello there," the Nuit spoke aloud. Its voice was cold and hoarse, still recovering from the mutations of her djed in spite of the switch to a new body.

Curious, the Nuit thought to herself.
Last edited by Savis Maren on August 3rd, 2018, 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Words: 399286
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2018, 11:49 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eleutheria on July 30th, 2018, 9:29 pm

83rd Summer, 518 AV

Not all those who decay, are dead.

The lovely, red-headed woman was deep in thought about her current current prospects. Mostly wondering what kind of books to aquire from the library, as soon as she'd secure free time. Not now, of course. Now was the time to continue work, pay attention, give all you have and then restore the will and energy in the scenic views of the waterfalls. Her soul, psyche, mind, felt funny.. it was hard to describe. But it was not enough to get her in a bunch, in all-black garments of pants and cotton shirt. Then she heard a voice, hailing her in what was meant to be a friendly welcome... right? She turned her head around.

Of course, Elea, never having seen a Nuit in her life, jumped from the seat, letting out a high-pitched gasp. There was a man before her, who, quite frankly, didn't looked well. He did not ate in days, evidently, he was paler than the moon, his lips were black, his eyes were a shiny void, almost a window to a soul.. she was looking at a walking corpse! It could speak in something that could pass off as a female voice.

Elea's sweat, face, no, whole body, turned cold. This thing was so surreal. Was she on drugs? They said the waterfalls were safe... well, as safe as the walkways were, but this? Maybe it had a soul, banished from death in some way... it spoke after all and was not rushing to devour her alive. Still, dreded Elea was not letting her eye off the corpse and kept her hand close to her sole countermeasure: a dagger. If it would not harm her, it would not. Elea sought no trouble in this weird city, not from things that struck first. If it lurched to feast on her flesh on blood, Elea would be sure to add a taste of cold iron to the meal.

She never saw a Nuit before. "H... hello." - she started. She never spoke to an undead before. "May I.... perhaps ask what are you, exactly?" - She never was in such an uncertain situation, the only comparable one was in Ravok, not so long ago.

She feared to offend the corpse, if it meant no harm, but she feared to let go of her sight on it, if it did. A matter of luck: could go either way in this city.

"Be... Be seated, perhaps. Really, I must be honest: I don't know anything about what you are, or what are you about, or what do you intend to do with me. I fear you'll.. need to start with the basics." - Elea's voice was fast, somewhat close to stuttering and her dread was written all around her face, even as she compelled it to smile welcomingly. An image of both comedy and tragedy: A girl trying to be as polite as humanly possible, while her soul was encompassed with fear.
Mysteries are fire. Truth burns.
Eleutheria
Absolute Madwoman in making

Words: 55731
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2018, 4:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savis Maren on July 30th, 2018, 9:54 pm

Time did nothing to soothe the spirits of the living. When they looked upon the visage of death, there was a natural trepidation. Corpsewalker, she'd been called before. Bodysnatcher, even. The titles and insults thrown at her alike was the custom for the living dead. It seemed, however, that the girl before Savis was stricken with fear. The Nuit spied her hand shifting to her hip and the idea of being struck down in such beauty brought a measure of comedy to her situation. Savis was not so fearful. Rather, she turned the stone in her hand and mused upon the beauty's words. She asked questions of the being she feared, possibly intent to satisfy her curiosity? The tall undead tossed the stone weakly, catching it in her palm as her head tilted with the manifestation of her own questions.

"You may first ask my name, girl," her words were stated plainly. Her undead condition instilled a harshness to her tone that brought with it a coolness to her being. She offered an easy laugh as she was asked to be seated. Demanding and curious, the redhead seemed to be and Savis Maren was already seated by the time she spoke. Savis Maren considered her words, and as she did, she sought to separate her astral body yet again. She did not bother disconnecting her entire arm, but rather, just her hand. The limb took a moment to part from its source, but when it did, the movement was invisible to the eye. It was clear by Elea's position that she was armed and Savis preferred not to rely on her good graces to avoid wounds. The projected limb opened its hand and lightly grasped at Eleutheria's wrist. The undead offered a smile before acquiescing to her demand. Her questions would be answered.

"Calm down. Take a breath," a laugh threatened to break past Savis' lips at the idea. When did a Nuit ever tell something to breathe? She narrowly avoided laughter as she said next, "Who I am and what I'm about are things you can learn with time. What I am... I suppose I'll let that question 'break the ice.' I am a Nuit. I walk this earth in living bodies that are not my own and their decay measures the time I occupy them for." She stated the reality of her condition plainly, having endured it for far too long to be in any way squeamish or shy about her state. She shrugged her shoulders and the grasp upon Eleutheria's wrist tightened just slightly.

"Now I supplied you with an answer, but not my name. I've always been of the belief, my dear mortal, that the first to ask is the first to answer. Introduce yourself, and I'll release your hand. Stay your hand, and perhaps, we can grow at ease in the other's presence."

In truth, the Nuit wanted recourse. Summer proved to be a trying season, with the wild djed that settled as fog on the city of Lhavit nearly driving her mad with its torment. The Nuit offered a smile, black gums and straight teeth presented to Eleutheria. The projected fingers trailed along the back of her hand and wrist, the movements weak and slow, as if meant to reassure the mortal of the Nuit's benign intentions.
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eleutheria on July 30th, 2018, 10:29 pm

83rd Summer, 518 AV

Not all those of harsh speech, are harsh.

The hell? Now Elea's hand was being grabbed by something invisible, prompting her to jump again. Soon, however, presumption exiled fear. Projection. Strength: Unknown. Perhaps Elea's aquaintance was intending to let her know of her capacities.. or part of them. Then she was told to calm down and take deep breath. Elea would never think in her darkest dreams of a situation like that, but, realizing it was either that or getting completely in a bunch, she tried to comply. It helped. A little bit.

What helped more, was the corpse's introduction. No, not corpse's. Nuit's. They seemed to be spirits, able to possess bodies. They needed a new one for some period of time. All right. Was Elea's body next in line? Probably not: The composition of the corpse her aquiantance wielded wasn't completely bad.

It spoke coldly and harshly, but it would seem that such is the fate of the undead who learned to talk in the first place. The Nuit was even capable of laughter, something most useful in diffusing the situation. The Nuit caressed its projection around Elea's arm, rather than keep it in place now. And now, Elea was asked to introduce herself, greeted with a deathly smile. Not the best move in calming her down, but even Elea's fear tired down.

"My name is Eleutheria. It's the 19th summer of my life, right now. Just call me Elea, though, please. I only recently arrived in Lhavit. My....." Actually, why did she had to tell anyone of her origins? Her default thought about her Ravok ancestry was the following: Ravok does not take kindly to foreigners and non-humans. That leaves a fair chance that foreigners and non-humans respond in kind. - "My job is assisting in philtering. At heart, though, I'm an alchemist. I came here for furthering my knowledge, having heard of its learning facilities." - those were the only things she trusted to tell a stranger. It was something to be revealed anyways, should this extraordinary and ghastly conversation continue.

"A Nuit, is the only name I can go on by you right now. Please tell me your name, or whatever you wish me to call you. I'll stay my hand. I feel I must admit, it will take me some time to feel quite safe around you.. but I realize I know naught of you and that you showed no intentions of malice. When I keep my eye on you.. I ask that you take no offence. If you seek to converse... converse we shall." - she said, still in a slightly fearful voice, but growing calm and steady.

Maybe Elea was way too polite for her own good. No one liked undead really: Could her speech be seen as dishonest? Elea soon remembered that she was still quite afraid: Was it hard to lie when in dread? She merely tried to make the Nuit aware that she is not intending harm, but will remain open about her wariness. Lest the Nuit comes closer... something Elea was quite unready for.

Eleutheria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savis Maren on July 30th, 2018, 10:55 pm

My, oh, my. She's just a girl. Well, is she, really? Nineteen is three more summers than I spent as a mortal girl. A lifetime ago,

There was jealousy in the Nuit's mind as she thought of the reality she faced. Tempted, the Nuit was to reach forth and caress Elea's face. However, such an action might prompt a retaliatory response. Already, there was fear in every fibre of Elea's being. It seemed that laughter helped, to an extent, but clearly there was a great measure of fear that bolstered the anxiety that existed in mortals. Savis Maren did not release her when she spoke, but was quickly reassured as Elea's voice grew steader and she seemed to relax in some form of the word.

Savis kept her astral limb in motion but released Elea's wrist. The ethereal hand moved in the air and took from the Nuit the stone in her corporeal hand that worked. She tossed the stone up and down, attempting to better control the limb and its movements even as her attention remained fixated on Elea. Projection was a somewhat simplistic discipline in practice, and she felt her djed siphon from her physical shell to her astral body, fuelling the effort she enacted. The Nuit nodded as she listened to the woman's words, seeing the reason in them. There was no fear visible on the Nuit's male countenance, but rather, a measure of intrigue that grew and grew to encompass a smile that was both visible and benevolent in nature. She didn't bother to hide the gaze that set upon Elea. A lovely shell was so endearing to see. But gone were the days when Savis Maren chose her corpse and paid to have it delivered to her.

I've made my bet on Lhavit. I'd much rather remain in the city's good graces... Even if it means wearing this hideous male guise.

The thought cast upon Savis and quickly faded into nothingness as she parted the corpse's lips to speak. Elea had given her quite a bit of information about her. And plainly, the Nuit liked what she heard. To be informed of Elea's interest in alchemy brought a smile to Savis' features and her voice was laden with a pleasant tone to it that fought with the last vestiges of djed mutation. As a result, she spoke in a squeak, a mixture of comedic and dulcet in nature,

"You may call me Savis Maren. There's no need to be concerned with my reception. I know what I am, my dear Elea. I've spent four times your age in years in this condition and it's not often that I find myself taken well by mortals. My dear Elea, are you truly an alchemist? I, too, am a mage. Perhaps you took notice of the hand at your wrist. A soft grasp, but mine nonetheless. Four, by count, are the magicks that I am learned in. To varying degrees of understanding. Perhaps, if you come to learn ease in my presence, we might find an accord and learn from one another?"

In truth, Savis Maren craved a friend. But, mortals were fickle and their tastes often self-centered. The Nuit did not discredit them for such tendencies, for she had been among them and such selfishness did not fade with time. Savis Maren was taken with the idea of knowledge. It was for the sake of vanity that she drank it in hungrily, and Eleutheria possessed knowledge that she wished to taste for herself. On Sahova, she'd heard of alchemy and the wonders of it. But, she was unsure of exactly how those wonders came about.
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eleutheria on July 30th, 2018, 11:34 pm

83rd Summer, 518 AV

Not all girls with daggers, will harm you.

"I noticed the projection hand you... caressed me with. And I notice you practice on that stone. Projection, no? And, I don't know much more magic-wise than from alchemy. I'll think about your offer, but be advised: I never taught anyone, other than myself. I know you're intrigued, but isn't there a season for all things? Especially if you have a century behind you, certainly."

Elea's openness about her skills had an other perk, as she came to slowly realize. If the Nuit craved her body for its own use, its temptation would clash with temptation to learn from her. But, the terror of the situation was less and less, even though Savis named her "dear Elea", something she was slightly fazed about. Words of affection like that, shouldn't they come much later on? Lhavit had concrete bollocks for letting this one wander around: thus creating a sense of debt to it, perhaps. And Elea had concrete moxie for talking to Savis, which was bound to be appreciated. What other mortal ever did such a thing? Alone? Of course, perhaps the undead thought completely different thoughts than what Elea was pondering about.

"There's no other magic I am capable of.. yet. As I said, I came here for education, we shall see what shall I gather from it. What.. else, would you ask about me? I certainly can't quite relate with a person of your kind. Do you mind if I ask, perhaps.. just how long are you capable of holding to a body before needing a new one? How do you extend its.. usability?

After a while, Elea started noticing the sweat on her forehead, still cold. "Savis, if you excuse me, I want to wash my face" - Elea said. She turned to the stream, turning head around every few steps, so as to keep an eye on her newfound aquiantance.

Perhaps I will be one of the rarest few living humans to have found a friend in... an undead. Anything can happen in this place indeed. Let us hope she won't take kindly to my form... too much. - she thought, as she splashed stream water at her face.

Then, she sat back on the bench, face wet with stream water, much fresher than before. A modicum of peace returned to Elea, against all odds.

Eleutheria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savis Maren on July 31st, 2018, 12:03 am

It was in the pursuit of dissolution of conflict that Savis Maren chose her words. 'Dear' and 'Friend' were tossed around to strangers who were not immediately repulsed by her presence. The wild djed threw a curtain over the Nuit's plans of fully assimilating into the city. At her work, she'd been a glowing recluse shut in the back. She assembled collections of gears and tools for Edward but did little else before the day prior. She noticed her voice return to her. The glow faded away and additionally, her ability to move as a mortal would diminish. Savis Maren was slowly returning to normalcy and she found she vastly preferred it overall. The Nuit found intrigue in Elea's demeanor.

Even in fear, she pushed questions out into the world. There was a clear desire for knowledge beset upon this girl and Savis Maren perhaps saw a measure of herself in the young, redheaded lass. A sigh escaped the Nuit's lips as she eased back into the bench. In the depths of thought, Savis took amusement that Elea perhaps thought herself a prize to be taken and inhabited. Indeed, in the past, Savis Maren considered relations for the sake of inhabiting bodies. She'd befriended children and watched them grow into adulthood before claiming them through dubious circumstances.

That life is over, now. Lhavit has made good on their word and you'll do the same, she assured herself as she looked over Elea one final time. There was temptation but all the while, there was an interest that outweighed anything else. World magicks, in particular, were Savis' preference. She took to them as a moth took to lantern light, basking in the potential of utilizing djed that did not stem from the soul. Elea, in spite of her fear, seemed equally curious about the Nuit's nature. Perhaps the being might indulge such curiosity.

Savis Maren felt her projected limb twitch and lower. Previously, it hovered above the both of them, turning the stone as she sought to further the intuitive manipulation of her astral body. However, she grew weary of such manipulations and feared that stretching her limits for too much longer might result in an unwanted mess. She remembered still the ichor leaks of before and was keen to not horrify Eleutheria as she frightened Edward Lucis. Without answering Eleutheria, she brought the limb back towards her physical body. She produced her brush from the inside of her rucksack and then raised her working hand to quiet the girl for a moment.

"Watch and you might find this interesting..." she began before taking the vial of paint in turn. She turned the lid and set it on the bench beside her before dabbing the brush in black paint. She left the brush in the paint and shifted her arm so that her useless wrist was turned up into the air. In the middle of her wrist, Savis Maren began to paint a rune.

Pechi.

The sigil was simplistic in nature, a focus meant to aid and amplify the djed that passed through the area. Once the sigil was painted, Savis began to labour of infusing life to her wrist once again. Little by little she re-attached the spectral hand to her physical body. The stone that hovered in the air dropped to the whims of gravity and Savis took care in re-attaching the strings that held her astral body together. The sigil upon her wrist dissipated with use, the Focus serving its purpose once her limb was properly re-attached. Satisfied with her efforts, she closed her hand into a fist before shifting her attention towards Elea. The woman's questions took a turn for the morbid, a turn that brought laughter to Savis' lips.

"It's so curious that you ask that... It depends on a variety of factors, including condition of the corpse to the care taken in the Embalming process... My previous body I held for ninety days. This one I've held so far for ten and it seems in no rush to decay. There are things that can help aid longevity but in most regards... Nuit are at the mercy of climate."

It was to Savis' benefit that she moved into the mountainous terrain of Kalea, with its jewel, Lhavit, perhaps an ideal habitat for her kind. Eleutheria's features were covered with sweat from the tension of fear and Savis motioned for her to do exactly as she wished. She nodded as the woman headed towards the stream and the Nuit needed to contain her laughter as she watched Elea turn her head time after time. A chuckle did manage to escape her, and she shrugged her shoulders at the fact of it. Rather than follow, the Nuit mage let the djed rise from her soul once more. Rather than call upon Projection, she willed the Sight to awaken. Djed flooded her psyche and her lips parted with an involuntary admission of pleasure. Oh, how the discipline of Auristics awakened a pleasure that she seldom experienced. She felt strain come across her senses, her eyes blurred somewhat from the indulgence of djed. But Savis had to take a look at Eleutheria's aura for herself.

She focused upon the woman as she moved to the water. As it splashed on her face, Savis could almost feel the moisture herself. Brief and weak inflections of fear were present upon Elea's aura, distrust to be expected. Savis experienced more disdain and displeasure in her lifetime than she cared to share or admit. When Eleutheria returned, Savis greeted her with a smile.

"I do hope that helped. Now, tell me, Elea, where are you from? I've been all around the world and yet... I cannot place your accent. You've asked much of me to confide in you. I hope you might do the same."
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eleutheria on July 31st, 2018, 2:31 pm

83rd Summer, 518 AV

The Nuit proceeded to satisfy Elea's curiosity, evidently hopeful for learning something in turn. It would seem her projection power wasn't as lasting as Elea thought, as it ceased playing with the rock. Instead, Elea was prompted to watch and watching she did.

The hand of the corpse was moving up, revealing that its wrist was limp. Savis was then painting something on it. Then, she focused, on something what appeared to be invisible. Eventually, the wrist sprung to life. Elea was watching with eyes wide open, trying to figure out what was going on.

If Projection was about detaching one's astral body from the flesh and letting it do things, as she heard few years ago, then the parts of body that were not ensouled at the moment, should be, in Nuit's case, truly dead. It sort of fitted Savis' description of an undeathly soul inhibiting a dead body. Was however, that sigil she wrote, something to enable the soul's entry unto a body? Or.. merely assisted it?

"If we will be meeting each other, I might as well hear more about you. I remember when my mother was going for philtering, I always was afraid, little 7-year old sod that I was, to even look at her. Eventually, she got me in safety gear and I had to help out. Once I knew what and how, it wasn't all that scary. And now, I'm making a living by doing so. Knowledge exiles fear, doesn't it?" - Elea answered, as she recieved details on Savis' maintenence. As she washed her face, she was feeling funny, but it was nothing to react upon for her: Elea dismissed it as Djed flow making small complaints about magic around Salvis.

Then, Elea heard a query she sincerely hoped to avoid. Her birthplace. Worse yet, Salvis was right when she spoke of her sharing lots of details about her and it would only be fair to respond in kind. Elea took a deep breath. Cornered by her own politeness, she let an answer out.

"I was born in Ravok. The city on top of a lake of same name. Perhaps you did.. heard of it. As I said, my mother is a philterer, that's how we made our living. It has its own appeal.. citizenship means a consistently fair standard of living. You've been around the world, you say.. where do you liked to be the most?"

Strangely, to confide her origins was a relief. Elea already established herself as a person who, while still afraid, should not be feared. Slowly, steadily, she walked over to the bench, the face moistured and well, the wind caressing her arms and black shirt, the legs walking carefully, almost with grace. Elea looked over her again, this time to the stream and the waterfall. Unidentified fish were rushing through it, getting her to regret she was unfamiliar with catching them. The waterfall flows. The water moves on from its white mouth. Wind pulls Elea's loose hair to her left. She proceeded and sat down on the bench, eyes on Savis' shelter of a corpse. Almost unwittingly, she allowed a smile to sneak up on her mouth, bearing no cosmetics other than its own smile.

Eleutheria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savis Maren on July 31st, 2018, 5:27 pm

The Nuit tilted her head as she continued to watch the aura that painted itself into her vision. Eleutheria was a cautious individual, that much was obvious. But in her aura the Nuit noticed no jagged edges that in her knowledge represented a being to be careful of. The undead being instead noticed that her presence was suffused with a bright curiosity that extended to the very core of her aura. A smile cast upon the Nuit's lips as Savis let the answer stew in her thoughts. Savis Maren never visited Ravok. Her master of old never took her to the lake-bound city though she'd heard some of what the place was about. The worship of Rhysol was the very core of that place and the Nuit was somewhat glad that she never need venture there. The fact that the city stood on top of a lake was news to her. More than that, Elea told Savis of her mother and the Nuit was compelled to think of her own. The last time she'd caught wind of her parentage was when she visited their graves in the city of Zeltiva so long ago.

"I've heard of the place," she admitted but said little else on that matter. The question that Elea asked in turn shifted Savis' lips. Thin lips flecked with the crust of dryness pursed as she considered the young woman's question. The Animator didn't know, in truth, how to answer. Her past was an unpleasant venture, filled with slavery to a Nuit that spanned decades and transcended cities. "In truth, the city I've found most enjoyable was my home, Zeltiva. However, Lhavit has grown on me, as well. The city and I have an... understanding and there's incredible beauty here that my kind seldom has the privilege to witness." The Nuit's gaze shifted from Eleutheria and the Sight waned from her gaze. The flicker of djed that had welled in her eyes dissipated and the Animator turned to find her eyes catch the sight of the cascading falls and became momentarily transfixed. Absently the Nuit turned the stone in her right hand. Its smooth surface was a pleasure she only experienced as a shade.

The Nuit did not miss the smile cast upon Elea's features. She was quite happy with her handling of the situation. Diffusing fear and cultivating a relationship were part of the appeals of city living and the Nuit had every intention of establishing herself as a reputable, and even helpful individual. The Nuit made to stand up. She stumbled just slightly from the sudden exertion but caught herself after a moment. Next, the undead looked to Eleutheria and gestured for her to rise and join. "Walk with me? We can follow the path to its end, then turn around and head back to the city proper, if you're interested."

As she waited for Eleutheria to make a decision, the Nuit cast her gaze elsewhere. The Trail of Waterfalls was truly a sight and she greedily drank in the sight of it. She felt the barest flicker of adoration cast upon her senses. The Nuit came to Lhavit in search of sanctuary and a place to cultivate her interest in magic. Never did she expect to fall in love with the diamond of Kalea and the endless beauty the city had to offer the eyes, soul and her non-existent heart.

"In all my travels I never expected a place like this. Zeltiva had the university... Sahova has incredible magic that the Nuit jealously hoard for themselves. This place holds a natural beauty that I've never known. Without meaning to, I fall more in love with and become more jealous of this place every day." she admitted.
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eleutheria on July 31st, 2018, 7:35 pm

83rd Summer, 518 AV

As Savis' reverence to Lhavit became more and more clear, Elea's heart became lighter and lighter. The more the Nuit valued the city, the more she wanted to stay, the less likely was her evicting Elea from her own flesh. With the green vegetation all around them, crystal streams flowing around them and singing birds abound, Savis' host, grey and ghastly was beyond doubt out of place, contrasting with the cascade of life around them. To walk with what appeared to be void in a place otherwise filled with life, like a dark island on a bright ocean, wasn't something Elea expected to live to see. But it was after all, some time after her 19th birthday. She will soon see that Lhavit is filled with extraordinary things like that.

Then again, wasn't Elea also like that, in Lhavit? Its women were cascading with color and fancy dresses: Elea would always dress as plain as she could, in mixture of tar black and sometimes bloody crimson red, complementing her loose light-ginger hair. Most of them were stuffed with jewelry: Elea had none whatsoever. Finally, they seemed so laid back and relaxed, even if still comitted, whilst Elea remained tense and stubborn.

In the end, the natural beauty and prospect for knowledge has sealed the deal. It might not have been home. It might not have had a patron deity, facilitating prosperity and banishing squalor. But it still burned with new knowledge and sciences, all of which she sought to touch, even if not master.

"I'm going back to city proper right away. Once we reach that, I'll have to part ways and head out home. Of course, I'll welcome you walking with me." - Elea replied, nodding, still in more polite than friendly manner.

"I believe it's a quite fair place to cultivate your interest in magics. If you are as interested in that as I think.. then surely you'll love it more as you go. And, though I never imagined I'd say such a thing... we'll have something in common." - Elea chuckled at the notion.

"Anyway... It is a fine place to call home... Assuming you're a citizen, of course. Non-citizens never last long in Ravok, which must be why you never visited.. You said Sahova holds exceptional magics, though? Could you perhaps elaborate?" - Elea heard of Sahova being an important ancient knowledge hub, but not much else.

Eleutheria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next