Lorcan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Lorcan

Postby Lorcan on December 29th, 2010, 12:04 am

Lorcan

Physical Information

• Race: Isur/Inarta
  • Birthday & Age: 488 AV (22 years old)

Physical Description

Standing 5'6 tall, Lorcan is a well built young man entering his twenties. He is shorter than most humans, but nothing too much out of the ordinary. His left arm is somewhat thicker and denser then his right. If observed closely silvery lines where normally veins would be can be observed. Lorcan has a somewhat pale skin complexion along with flaming red hair which is usually kept short, but not very organized. His eyes are green-greyish with a black spot on his left eye.

Character Concept

Lorcan is a strange individual, very chaotic in his behavior, sometimes he will be a stream of words while at other times he won't speak a complete sentence for hours on end. He cares mostly for himself and his adoptive brother Dervish. He doesn't care much for the common things in life, he is however, obsessed with creating things, swords, daggers, chairs, potions, pots, pans, you name it. Anything at all. Whether he learns of this by reading a book or smashing a hammer into a hot piece of metal doesn't seem to bother him.
He is also not very big on ethics, it gets in the way of his ability to pursue his dreams. Because of the way he had been treated as a child and because he'd never really had parents to guide him into the right direction. He is however mature in his dealings and will almost always go with the safer route. He can also see a little better in the dark than most people, because of his Isurian heritage.

Character History

Lorcan was born inside the orphanage which later became his home, not that it'd ever felt like a home, More like a prison with enemies around him everywhere. He soon learned that being a good boy wouldn't help him at all in this place so he usually tried to find solace in books and trying to avoid his bullies. Then around the age of 8 he notices a new boy, a weird one, getting into a fight with a couple of the meanest guys in there. Lorcan had no idea what to do but knew this new kid would get slaughtered if he didn't help out, so instead of running like he usually did he stepped up and shouted that they better backoff from him. Which, surprisingly enough they did. They soon became friends, but Lorcan found out that this new kid had no name, so he simply called him the first thing that came to mind, Dervish.
After that they were soon left alone by the other bullies, because together they could handle any of the others. However, eventually time passed and Lorcan turned sixteen, the age where he'd be let go along with 600 gold mizas. To buy himself a house and become an apprentice somewhere. Before he left the head of the institution called Lorcan and explained to him that his mother had left him something before she had died, it was a Sword-staff. He took the weapon in his hands and knew that he'd keep this close for the rest of his life. And so he left with all of his belongings. After getting himself a house he got a job at the nearest blacksmith "The Defiled Blade". Soon his year as a blacksmith's apprentice began. When when that year passed, Dervish was let out and came to find him. And so they were reunited.

Training & Skill Points

Lores

Languages

Fluent Common
Basic Isur
Broken Nari

Equipment/Possessions

• 1 set of simple clothing, working boots, road worn travelling cloak, backpack (Starting Package)
  • 1 Sword-staff (family heirloom)
  • A roughly made iron dagger. (Flashback, Getting out.)

Ledger

Secret :
  • 600 gm (starting package)
  • -500 gm for the housing, ([url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic6650-20.html[/url])
  • +300 gm from Dervish to pay for the housing. (history)
  • -1 gm, 5sm for a meal in the sliver (Silver Sliver Tavern)
  • ------ total
  • 400 gm

Thread List

Secret :
Flashback: Prison playground -Finished-
Flashback: Getting out -Finished-
Silver Sliver Tavern -Finished-
Just another day?
Within the heat of the forge
Being wacky isn't always bad
(Un)wanted visitors
Last edited by Lorcan on February 19th, 2011, 10:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lorcan
Player

Words: 35386
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:10 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Lorcan

Postby Lorcan on January 22nd, 2011, 9:13 pm

Lorcan

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Lorcan
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Nop, just Lorcan, or Lor but I prefer Lorcan
3. How old are you? 22
4. What is your height? 5’6
5. What is your weight? About 220 lb/100 kg

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I’m a short guy with a thick left arm and blazing red hair.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. They usually just notice a short guy with red hair, I guess because nobody else around has such red hair they figure I’m a freak.
3. What is your favorite body feature? I really like my left arm, it allows me to do things like pick up blazing metal and it works well in a fight.
4. How physically fit are you? Very, working 10 hours a day in a smithy is quite tasking, but it helps a lot.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Just about anything I can find, a regular shirt, some brown pants, and leather apron when I’m in the smithy

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? I have no idea.. my father is either somewhere or dead. And my mother died at my birth, she did leave me a swordstaff to defend me with though.. So maybe she wasn’t so bad.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Not a clue.. If I do I’d like to meet them.
3. What is your extended family like? Not a clue.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? My friend Dervish practically IS my family.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Animals… they can be pesky but also very nice, I don’t think I’d harm one if it didn’t do anything to harm me first.(note, he isn’t fond of birds anymore than a wolf or something, but he does admire the way they’re free to do and be wherever they want.)

1. Where were you born? In the orphanage of Ravok
2. Where do you live now? In a house near the Defiled blade, in Ravok
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I don’t know, I’ve never been outside of Ravok and I haven’t heard much of other places.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I usually hang around with Dervish, roaming the streets or canals.
5. Where do you fear to be? Anywhere near the inner circle of Ravok… The voice scares me quite a bit

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) Quite a few scars and burns from working in a smithy, but nothing too severe.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed, but I use my left a lot too, so I’m almost ambidextrous.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Common with a little Isur and a very little amount of Nari, I sound just like a regular human in Ravok because I was raised by them.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I’m.. nice, I think? I’m not very confident and I some times have the feeling like I’m two people in one body, my head is too chaotic.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? I have a left arm that has quite a few markings, but no I don’t think I’d want to alter my body much, I’m fine with the way I look.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? A smith’s apprentice
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I love my work, it’s my boss I dislike. Though he never yells at me without reason. But when he does he can’t be stopped… it’s bothersome. And I don’t have much artistic freedom, but still I get to be a smith!
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? A master craftsmen of sorts? I’m not sure what.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? A master smith… or maybe a glassworker?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? A slave trader.. anything sentient shouldn’t be in bonds.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? A quiet one, the bullies were quick to bully me, but they had enough others to pick on, I quickly learned how to avoid them.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? The time I met Dervish.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? When the headmaster beat me for stealing a book, even though he never found it, he knew I’d done it.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? None.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My book, it inspired me to create things. Aside from the headmaster and Dervish there weren’t many important people in my childhood. And the bullies, though they switched faces on occasion.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I was given little education at the orphanage, I was taught to read and write a little, I picked up a few isurian words in the smithy. I learned a lot about locks and blacksmithing from my book and in the smithy as well, I was mostly charged with making locks and the occasional knife. Though at times I was given bigger projects as well.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I like learning about smithing or crafting, shaping or drawing anything!
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Mostly from the book and within the Defiled blade.
4. How do you learn best? Doing things, reading works too, but less well.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Becoming a mastercraftsman and having the ability to create anything

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? I have a close bond with my friend Dervish, and I can form bonds with the people around me, but it takes a lot before they become actual close friends.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I don’t trust people that much, if they prove themselves nice enough then I will trust them a little, but not with everything.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Straight.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. That one time Dervish and I got in a fight, he got very upset and threw me around the bar… I was laying there a little groggy and this cute girl walked up to me and helped me up, she helped me clean up and after I thanked her we hung around and eventually I grabbed her hand and looked her into her eyes, and then we kissed. Then we went out for a while, but eventually she disappeared in the chaos of Ravok, I suspect the ebonstryfe, but have no proof.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. I’ve been too busy with being an apprentice and hanging around with Dervish to Really find a girl.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Dervish once pulled me to a bar, sat me down and bought me a mug, he said I needed to cool off from work once in a while. It was one of his first times as well, so we both kind of… got really drunk. I have no idea what happened, and Dervish simply won’t tell me, but I do remember Dervish’ eye was completely black, he said he’d ran into a door.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Dervish occasionally pulls me to the bar if he feels I’m overworked Again.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Beer is good.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? I have never tried them, nor do I think I will, need my mind to be sharp and clean.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Alcohol is fine with moderation, but you should be careful with any drugs at all.. Not that I’m an expert!

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Smithing, crafting, creating.
2. Do you like to read? Books about theoretical crafting maybe?
3. What annoys you more than anything else? My fellow apprentices, they seriously do not appreciate the opportunity they’ve been given, sure I don’t like my boss either but I don’t bitch and moan about it all day long!
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Beating a hot piece of metal with a hammer, or fitting the tiny components of a lock together.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Girls… I’m kind of awkward about them, I’ve learned to keep my cool, barely. And sometimes my own tongue, it just won’t stay still, it gets me in awkward situations some times.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I like red.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Twilight, everything is just as bright as day time but in a different way. And the metal seems to really radiate light at this time of day.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The first sword I forged myself, it was riddled with mistakes but it was mine. My sword staff is a pretty good second I think..
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I love a good steak, but I barely ever get access to them. Mushrooms… funkgy thingies..
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I don’t really care about the weather, though sometimes in the distance I can see massive storms raging over the land, I’m a bit fascinated and a bit scared by them.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Somewhat neutral, leaning to optimism.
2. What are your religious views? Rhysol is a scary bastard… and I know too little of any of the other gods to really take my pick.
3. Would you be able to kill? If provoked I might be able to deal a lethal blow. But that would require serious provocation.
4. What are your views on sex? I hear it is awesome, I myself have better things to do.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? When one is skilled enough to accomplish anything.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The best thing would be getting a job at the Defiled Blade, but I figure it is also my worst because I deliver goods to the ebonstryfe…
2. What is your greatest regret? I guess leaving Dervish at the orphanage all alone wasn’t very nice.
3. What is your best/worst memory? Well the orphanage before Dervish came round wasn’t very great.. But meeting Dervish and getting that job at the Defiled Blade are probably my best memories ever.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Various incidents involving dervish and beer…
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Forging my first sword. Making sure Dervish wasn’t killed by those bullies.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Unless I see any reason to I really don’t lie to people.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I’m prejudiced against the ebonstryfe, they’re all mindless deathdealers.
3. What makes you happy? Creating something. Crafting.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Dervish, and maybe my sword staff, it’s all I have left of my mother.
5. What makes you angry? When I make a mistake during crafting, or when Dervish pulls some stupid stunt.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? I treat everyone nice enough, but I always make sure I keep an eye out for myself.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Dervish, he is my friend and my brother.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Most of the master smiths, because of their skill and determination.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. An ideal lover would be there for me through thick and thin, she would look pretty and she’d allow me to do my thing.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why I trust Dervish with my life, because we’ve been through so much, and because I’d do the same for him.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I tend to avoid conflict whenever possible.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? No.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Large groups of people are noisy…
4. Do you care what others think of you? I try not to, mostly I succeed at that.
5. What do you think of others, in general? They can be interesting to watch, and maybe I can even remold them into someone better. But honestly? Steel is easier.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? I consider myself a nice person, and I try to be civil at all times.
2. What is your greatest weakness? My mind is too chaotic most of the time.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d let Dervish get away with much less crazy stunts!
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Quite introverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Organized, or well, I try to be.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? I don’t know that much about them yet.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I fear Rhysol and the Voice.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? I have the first gnosis mark of Izurdin, Izentor, I got it at birth.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I don’t really follow any, (yet?)
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? Killing sentient beings that do not deserve it.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Crafting
2. What is the best part of life? Crafting
3. What is the best part of death? There… isn’t?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Not for a very long time, somewhere in a smithy with the fires of the forge roaring.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My creations.
Lorcan
Player

Words: 35386
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:10 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet