Like A Sore Thumb [OPEN]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Like A Sore Thumb [OPEN]

Postby Trios on December 13th, 2010, 5:06 am

Trios stifled a childlike grin at the Pycon’s amusement when she expressed so much joy at the amount of hostility he had been broadcasting to the Drykas. The little thing seemed to enjoy the discord and chaos that Trios had wreaked upon the normality of Endrykas. It was good to see a true free man’s actions being appreciated after all, though the cold looking Isur wouldn’t have mentioned how much joy it caused him to see another being enjoy his actions.

But Trios was also distracted by the small being’s tale of adventure in her life. It was a bit... shorter than he had expected it to be. The Isur would have thought a being made of a clay like substance would had had way more tales to tell. He had thought the small Pycon to be almost as old as he was or maybe some sort of immortal like being due her being made of a rocky substance. Trios had gotten the impression that he had gotten a short form of her life up to this point for some reason and it slightly startled him. But his impressions that he was dealing with a child were slightly being confirmed even now as her tale was being dissected within his mind.

“Wait…sorry ta ask…..but….how old are ya?” Trios said in a soft manner his cold tone seemed to match the chilly air around him. The man’s eyes seemed to zero in on the creature as if trying to see something that wasn’t visible to the naked eye.

“If my ears be right, ya sound like your just shy of ten years old…..but that be impossible.” Trios added trying to think back to her tale. The Pycon was talking as if her growing up hadn’t been to long ago as was her study at that Aura school of hers. Now she even looked like she was in a memory that had been set in her mind not to long ago.

An intelligent creature to have aged as fast as a animal was a bit of a shock to the Isur though he hid his true feelings from display. To not live as long or longer than, a human’s lifespan was a bit of a insult and slightly sad. It was like being robbed of life from the very start of birth. How could such a thing ever be possible?
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Like A Sore Thumb [OPEN]

Postby Ariel on December 13th, 2010, 11:08 pm

"Wait…sorry ta ask…..but….how old are ya?” Trios asked. Ariel looked up at him. Wondering why he was asking. "If my ears be right, ya sound like your just shy of ten years old…..but that be impossible,” Trios continued.

Ariel's eyes just stared up at his, never blinking, willing him to look away, or to tell her why he had asked, or to force the answers out of his eyes. But nothing came, shrugging, thinking less and less of it, Ariel replied simply, "five."

It still amazed her, that she was so young, and hadn't done too much with her life- just learned, and walked around in circles, all over mizahar. Met some interesting people. There was just so much she wanted to do, and so little time to do it all in. Ariel smiled, still looking up at Trios.

"So how old are you?" she asked, knowing that he was far older than she. "And what about your adventures? Surely a pirate has had several of those?" she said, as she slapped the hat she was still sitting on as hard as she could, knowing, that it was still unlikely Trios could even feel it.
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Like A Sore Thumb [OPEN]

Postby Trios on December 14th, 2010, 12:49 am

“Izudin’s boons… it’s no wonder I thought you was still a kid! Five years old but yet an adult” Trios said in amazement stroking his deep blue beard with his right hand as he contemplated the small Pycon. Five years old and trying to see the world for all that it’s worth. Now that was not wasting any time, thought Trios holding back a grin.

“And lets see, its been two years since what I liked ta’call the great beer brawl of Sunberth, eight months since the last time I slept in a regular bed…puts it about fifty or so years I think…..ya I think I am Fifty.” Said Trios trying to keep track of the time he had spent living in Mizahar. He could have been a bit younger or a bit older but it was based on a estimation he had as a child growing up.

“And ya I got tales to boot! Though nothing really legend worthy yet, just some coming of age stuff. Like I remember this one time, Captain comes to me and says that we need a new bowsprit and asks what kind of tree should we be lookin for? Being about thirty and in Sunberth at the time I said we don’t need to make one, the fishing ships there are like apples for the picking for parts. So one night and after a lot of bets that I would not be daft enough to do it, I just hopped aboard a docked ship and ripped the thing off another vessel. Then dragging the damn thing and running like a madman back to the crew with our new bowsprit in tow. And I can also say we got new jibs and ropes too boot since they still were attached!” Laughed Trios in a cold hearty laugh remembering some of the dangerous things he had done in the past. The tale could have been told a lot better but Trios thought that relying on firsthand accounts was a pretty easy story to tell.

“Though I don’t think I can ever buy from Luke’s fishmonger’s ships back in Sunberth again…” Finished the Isur in a calmer manner looking to Pycon for her reaction to his tale.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios

Character sheet

Like A Sore Thumb [OPEN]

Postby Ariel on December 14th, 2010, 1:07 am

“Izudin’s boons… it’s no wonder I thought you was still a kid! Five years old but yet an adult” Trios exclaimed. Ariel tried not to throw yet another fit. She hated being called a child, or rather, accused of still being a kid. After all, she was an adult. Yet, the rarity of her race, and other's lack of interaction with her people, she thought, may make it difficult for them to understand how they aged. Yes, it was their ignorance, she kept telling herself, not the fact that she was a three inch tall clay person. Yet, no matter how much Ariel told herself this, she never believed it, and it never made her feel any better.

“And lets see, its been two years since what I liked ta’call the great beer brawl of Sunberth, eight months since the last time I slept in a regular bed…puts it about fifty or so years I think…..ya I think I am Fifty," Trios added. Ariel looked up at him, the man was 10 times her age, he seemed so ancient to her now. Eons upon eons away. Yet, despite this, she found that she felt as though she knew more than he, never having wasted a minute of time in her eternal quest to learn and to grow. Every moment she could, she was adding to her plethora of knowledge, whether it be through an intellectual conversation, reading an old(er) text, or going out in the field to learn, the young pycon always seemed to be absorbing something.

“And ya I got tales to boot! Though nothing really legend worthy yet, just some coming of age stuff. Like I remember this one time, Captain comes to me and says that we need a new bowsprit and asks what kind of tree should we be lookin for? Being about thirty... they still were attached!” Trios continued. Ariel laughed heartily along with Trios, not really knowing why. She didn't find the story particularly engaging, funny, or remotely worth noting. Ariel felt as though there hadn't been much to learn from it. But she didn't want Trios to know that. After all, she wanted to be able to move on at the end of the day, and that meant she had to be on her best behavior so that she wouldn't get squished, because even though she could easily scurry down the pirate's hat, jump off his leg and into the grass, and run run run, it was unlikely she'd get very far if the pirate chose to pursue her, which was more than likely. Or at least, it seemed that way to Ariel.

“Though I don’t think I can ever buy from Luke’s fishmonger’s ships back in Sunberth again…” Trios added, for what seemed to be good measure. Ariel nodded. She didn't really know what to say. Apparently, pirates and their adventures weren't to her liking. "Suppose not," she said simply, hoping it would be enough of a response for the pirate. To her, however, it didn't seem like enough, and this worried her, but she tried not to let it show.
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Like A Sore Thumb [OPEN]

Postby Trios on December 17th, 2010, 6:23 pm

OCC; Gotta wrap this thread up, Quest is up need the supplies.

“Well miss Pycon, I guess this is where we part ways. The sun be against me and I can’t afford to spend anymore time on my intrigue about other creatures” Sighed the Isur coldly casting a glance in the sky. The sun was indeed starting it’s decent into the horizon and Trios hadn’t yet bought everything that he needed for his search of his ship. Swapping stories with the small creature on his hat did see like a good way to spend free time, but that time had been spent. All that was left was time that Trios needed to use to further his agenda.

“May the wind be at your back Miss Pycon” Growled Trios coldly picking up the small clay women by her wings again and placing her in the grass beside him in an uncaring manner but with a bit more delicate manner than he had at first shown the girl.

Placing his large leather hat on his hat Trios cast a very arrogant smile down on the small pycon in the grass. Rising to his feet Trios continued his cold arrogant face before speaking a few words before he’d complete his supply objective. The adult Isur was glad to see that there were others in this world that could live by sitting around and doing nothing interesting.

“But at least now you get say you met the great Captain Trios in your adventure…..HAHAHAHAHA” Trios would laugh heartily into the air, it was a loud chilling laugh that seemed to echo around him. It was almost part madness, part arrogance but there some something else that seemed almost scary to hear.

The laughing Isur would continue his laughter for a few moments as he took a few steps away from the Pycon in the grass. The laughter would stop as Trios took a casual glance at his position to get his bearings. Finding them almost instantly the Isur would travel to the next merchant where he would gather the rest of the much needed supplies.

Secret :
Travelers Stock (3gm)
Rucksack (1gm)
Small Animal Snare (5gm)
Blanket (5sm)
Bed Roll (1sm)
One Person Tent (2gm)
Compass (200gm)
Spyglass (100gm)
Spade 2gm
Rope 100ft 2gm
Iron Pot 5sm
Camo Tarp 10sqft 12gm
Water Additive 3gm
Water Trap 45gm
Water Pack 10gm
Strong Rations 7gm
Leather boots (low) 3sm
Leather Jacket 1gm
Cotton shirt 1sm
1lbs smoked Beef 4gm
2lbs of apples 2gm

Total= 400gm 5sm
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Like A Sore Thumb [OPEN]

Postby Mixcoatl on December 30th, 2010, 4:33 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Trios

Experience
+2 Intimidation

Lore
Drykas Horse Loving
Ariel's Attitude
Watching One's Tongue
Pycon (Basic)
Confusing Onlookers

Ariel

Experience
+1 Acrobatics
+1 Auristics

Lore
Being Mistaken for a Bug
Trios's Views on the Gods
Pirates Smell
Finding Entertainment in Other's Misery
Isur (Basic)
Confusing Onlookers

Additional Notes: Just a heads up, Ariel, when you post a post that includes an attack/doing damage to another character, you have to post it in the form of an attempt.

Also, I'm a little confused as to how little clay claws broke thorugh an Isur's skin, considering it's super dense, but oh well! Onwards!

Trios, it would be helpful to add a transparent frame over your posts, to make them easier to read. You'd still be able to see the picture, but the text would be much easier to be read towards the bottom. More details here (link article), if you still have questions, just PM me. <3

Also, the lost clans, to my understanding in the Lore article, have been melded in with the remaining clans, if there were any survivors. As such, their arm colors no longer exist, without permission from the Help Desk. You have to change that bit in your CS <3

All in all, a nice read! Sorry it took so long to get it graded, we had a little bit of hot-potato with it, lol. Sorry I couldn't award more useful experience! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a PM!

Trios, please subtract 400 gold mizas and five silver mizas from your ledger.

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous