[Note by Luminescence] Darius Tan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Darius Tan

Postby Darius Tan on September 27th, 2018, 8:39 am

Darius Tan

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: Season of Summer, Day 29, 493 AV
Birthplace: Syliras

Appearance:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 135lbs
Skin Color: Slightly Tan
Eye Color:Sky Blue
Hair Color: Jet Black
Scars: A few faint scars along his left arm and on his back.

Character Concept
Darius is a kind, generous, and rightous young man. He loves trapping, hunting, and traveling. He cannot be tied down to one place too long. He has a constant need of adventure and meeting new people. May they be other travelers or simple townsfolk. Darius meets everyone with a smile, but even kind men have a limit. Piss him off and regret it. Double cross him, and you'll have hell to pay. He wants nothing more to find that speical someone and travel around the land with them.
Merits: Good at Trading/Barganing, Decent Hunter, and Good Cook.
Flaws: Crud/Mean when angry, little tolerance for cheaters/Robbers, and Dark Sense of Humor.

Character History
Darius grew up in Syliras, and worked for Feathered Shaft's and learned the art of archery. He lived with his mother, as his father was forced to work in the mines after being caught stealing a horse from the local stables and his family was unable to pay the fine. Darius's mother always tried her best to give him the best life with just herself working, until Darius was able to work. As Darius worked, his interest in archery grew and he became a hunter in the wildlands around the city. In the early years of his hunting days. Darius had stopped to rest for lunch. As he was setting up his fire. A small pack of wolves, three of them attacked him out of no where. He fought back and was able to defend himself, but not without injury. After that day, Darius learned to never drop his guard, even if he thinks it's safe. After a good day or two hunting, Darius would often selling his meats to Butcher of Alban, and his leathers to The Leatherworks. Two businesses within the city that knew his family and helped him out with extra gold. After a couple years of being a hunter, Darius soon found his calling. In the Season of Fall in 511 AV. Darius ran into some adventurers traveling home from a quest. They sat with him and talked about their adventures and they showed him their trophies and arms they had aquired while doing so. One of the adventurers showed him a large beak from a Glassbeak. As they left, he was in awe and amazed by them. He too wanted to become an adventurer. His mother on the other hand was against it, and since she was the only family he had. He listened to her and didn't leave. As time went on and he continued to work and hunt, his dream of becoming an adventurer never died, and he also wanted to find that speical someone that he could travel with as well. In 516 Darius had gather all his belongings and set out on his own to start his own adventure.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: ?
Poor Language: ?

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Shortbow 15 SP 15 Novice
Bartering 10SP 10 Novice
Cooking 10SP 10 Novice
Hunting 15 SP 15 Novice
Wilderness Survival 15SP 15 Novice

Lores

Helpful Lores: (Pick 2)
Lore of Syliran Geography
Lore of Syliran Culture

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
25 Gold Mizas
Shortbow
15 Arrows
Small Quiver (Hierloom)

Heirloom: A Small Quiver engraved with his name, a gift from his mother

Housing

House: As a character, please note that your starting package does not include a cottage; instead, it includes a 20x20 apartment with the furniture listed in the Housing section. As it is the cheapest housing available, the apartment is situated deep within the interior of Stormhold Citadel and does not include any windows, only ventilation shaft to bring in fresh air. Each hallway is lined with torches which are kept lit at all hours of the day, allowing for light and giving residents free access to something to light their hearth from. A diagram is included below:

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Shortbow -30 GM 70 GM
15 Flight Arrows -45 GM 25 GM

Thread List

None As of Now
Darius Tan
Player

Words: 1936
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2018, 5:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Darius Tan

Postby Luminescence on September 27th, 2018, 11:16 am

Let me lend you a guiding hand

Hi, Darius! Welcome to Miz. I'm Luminescence, and I'm here to help; you're on the right track, but there are some things you need to fix with your CS before you can begin to play.

*Your city: Unfortunately, Syliras is closed. That means that you cannot play there as it does not currently have a ST. Your character can be from there, but you cannot write there, even for flashbacks. Please pick one of the currently open cities to live in; Ravok, Sunberth, Syka, Wind Reach, or Lhavit.

*Your concept/history: Please keep in mind that traveling is difficult in Mizahar; it's not impossible, but it's very dangerous and often expensive. You can travel, but you will be spending the majority of your time in or very near cities, especially until you gain more experience in the necessary skills to keep yourself safe.

Also, in your history, I have my doubts about Darius being able to escape three wolves alone with his current skillset and levels; might I suggest adding in that he was with a fellow hunter for the sake of being a bit more realistic?

*Your languages: This isn't necessary, but are you sure you don't want to take any other languages? You would have to justify learning them in your history, but it's not easy to learn languages in-game; just something to consider.

*Your skills: Your skills need to be organized alphabetically. 'Bartering' is not a skill, but rather would fall under 'Negotiation'. 'Shortbow' should be listed as 'Weapon: Shortbow'. You need to list what biome you're familiar with for your Wilderness Survival skill; I would recommend taking forest given where Darius grew up.

Also, you currently have 65 SP points; you are only allowed 50 SP points, but you do get a racial bonus. As a human, you get +15 to one skill of your choice; so please either change your Weapon: Shortbow, Hunting, or Wilderness Survival skill to reflect that the extra 15 is from your RB (racial bonus), not your SP.

*Your lores: Since Syliras is not open, you may wish to change your starting lores to reflect the current city you are in so that they're more useful.

*Your possessions: Please pick a cloak OR coat.

*Your housing: You will have to change your housing to reflect whatever city you decide to live in.

*Your ledger: I'm not sure where you found the price for flight arrows, but they're listed on the Price List as 20 arrows for 3 GM, so you can go ahead and change this! You can also adjust the number of arrows you own in your possessions.

Once you have made the necessary changes, please let me know so that I can remove this intervention. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me; if you haven't already, also do feel free to join us in our Discord chat! You can find the link in your Welcome PM.
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)