Completed A Day Outside (Shiress)

Zavya and Shiress meet while Zavya is out doing errands for Ryker.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Day Outside (Shiress)

Postby Zavya on December 5th, 2018, 11:51 pm

Zavya took the proffered chair, carefully sitting on the edge of it as if she were ready to bolt at any moment. The tigress had never really learned how to sit and relax, whether her company was amicable or not. Tense was the Kelvic’s permanent state of being, and it was very difficult for her to be otherwise. So, when Shiress placed the bottle of wine between them, she looked between it and her with wary suspicion. Zavya had never actually had alcohol before, but she knew of its effects, having seen them in people around her. She wasn’t sure she was ready to experience that sort of intoxication around a stranger.

However, neither did she want to be seen as weak or cowardly, so she grabbed the bottle as Shiress had. She eyed it doubtfully before bringing it to her lips and taking a hesitant swallow. Golden orbs widened in much the same way the other’s had, forcing the mouthful down before setting the bottle back on the table. Zavya did her best not to cough, failed, and looked at the wine with reproach. “I don’t think tart is the word I would use,” she said, voice dry.

Shiress’s story soon captivated the Kelvic, the sour taste of the wine forgotten. She even managed to choke down a few more swallows, warmth spreading from her belly through her limbs. Perhaps it’s not so bad, she thought idly as she started to slowly let go, leaning back against the chair with a drowsy gaze fixed on her companion. She winced with sympathy as Shiress spoke of her time in the shop, running out without paying for her herbs. The tigress could well imagine the reaction of the city guard; after all, they were only here in this cottage because the word of slaves could not be trusted. Such extreme reactions for misunderstandings—it was refreshing to be in the company of someone else who understood her reality.

As she went on to describe when she and Rook were locked in a room together and the bolstering words she spoke to him of kindness and freedom, Zavya felt a sharp pang in her chest, accompanied by an emotion hardly recognizable. Tears pricked at her molten eyes, the Kelvic lifting a hand to dash them away in surprise. Zavya hadn’t even known she was capable of crying any more, that she was able to feel anything besides anger or fear. But Shiress’s tale touched her in a way she hadn’t even thought possible, echoing that which the Kelvic had always wished so desperately to believe. I spoke of being free and of kindness. I told him that there was always hope. That no one should ever own another, and that not all humans think and act like those he knew.

How fervently Zavya longed for that to be true, to attain the freedom that so many took for granted. To have someone tell her to keep going, that there would always be hope at the end. The tigress had never found that to be true, having learned early on that hope was a fool’s game. With everything she had gone through, both during her time with Ryker and the years before it, optimism was not a tool in her arsenal. It had been beaten out of her long ago.

Rook had not given up hope, it seemed, Shiress continuing on to the conclusion of her story. How he had come for her, comforted her, and reminded her that she had to keep going. Their bond had formed that night, and the look on the slave’s face told Zavya volumes. To have two men to love, two that would care for her well-being… the Kelvic couldn’t help her flash of envy. She hardly even knew the meaning of the word.

“It makes sense,” she replied in a murmur, reaching for the bottle again. Another swallow was tipped down her throat, though she managed not to cough on this one. Setting it down, she looked back to Shiress. “Your story is beautiful,” Zavya told her, voice soft and trembling, almost wistful. “You, Rook, and I… we have more in common than I might’ve thought. I hope…” A soft hiccup interrupted her words, the Kelvic blinking a few times in surprise before she continued, “I hope I have a tale like that of my own someday.”

Zavya was typically recalcitrant with any sort of information, preferring solitude and silence over the company of those who would inevitably betray her. But, like Shiress, the wine had served to loosen her tongue, and she haltingly began to relay a few bits of her own history, “Like your Rook, I… I was also born in the Institute. I don’t know how much he has told you about that place, but it’s… what they put us through was nothing less than torture.” She bit her lip, reluctant to dig too far into that particular era of her life. Not as if the fate that followed served her much better.

“My master bought me from them two seasons ago,” she went on, glossing over the finer details. “I thought I was saved. I thought being a slave had to be better than being an experiment.” Zavya snorted and shook her head. “I was wrong. Ryker Valdinox was the one to take me home, and I’ve cursed that name ever since.”

Her lip lifted in a snarl. “He was so kind at first. So gentle. But when I didn’t bond with him, it didn’t last long.” Zavya looked at Shiress with a bitter smile. “Sounds like he and your Radcliffe would get along well. Most of the scars I carry came from his hand. Some deserved and others… not so deserved.”

Head cocked to the side, she regarded Shiress with an air of curiosity. “How are you able to have a bondmate as a slave? Does your master know? Does he allow you to see him?” Zavya couldn’t imagine being allowed such indulgence. Ryker would kill her first, she had no doubt of that.

<3I don't mind one bit. :D It was a lovely story.

tiny filler words
Zavya
Hear me roar

Words: 151900
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2018, 9:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

A Day Outside (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on December 6th, 2018, 2:41 am

Shiress, regarding the Kelvic with a heavy lidded, languid gaze, perked up at her words. While Shiress was sharing her story, she had failed to recollect that Zavya herself was a slave and, had she not been so self obsorbed, also a Kelvic, no doubt from the institute. Though, in her own defense, Shiress didnt think anyone would remember the woman was a slave -her beauty alone belied the fact, if not her graceful poise.

Yes, Zavya did have a lot in common with Shiress and Rook, especially Rook, but the one thing she didn't have in common with the bonded couple was hope. Shiress could see it in those downcast, golden eyes. An overwhelming feeling of compassion for the woman suddenly engulfed Shiress, and for Rook. At that moment, Shiress could have dismantled that damnable institute brick by brick and everyone employed there.

At the last of Zavya's account of her Master, Shiress sat up straight, her face sobering if not her mind. Leaning forward she glared at the Kelvic, ignoring her look of curiosity and her question for the time being.

"No Zavya" she said, her voice sharp, biting off each word with an exact pronunciation....and a bit slurred "no scar is deserved." she shook her head before tilting it back with another swig of wine "I assure you, my new friend, no scar is deserved." she grinned, deflating the sudden tension "Unless you gave as good as you got, then its negotiable."

Slumping back in her chair again, Shiress watched the slave for a long moment, before speaking again.

"Imagine a baby is born in a home, cared for by loving parents, and played with by loving brothers and sisters" Shiress leaned forward, resting her arms against her knees, warming to the subject. "and was never told of anything but love and was never shown anything but love, never allowed to leave home or speak to anyone else but her loving family." she paused for effect but ended up sudden, and very unladylike belch and happily took the opportunity to help herself to another swallow of wine before continuing.

"Now, imagine that this baby has grown into an adult and one day someone shows up at their door and starts telling them about abusive fathers and uncaring mothers, bullying brother's and sisters." Shiress feigned a curious expression "How hard do you think it would be for them to believe that there are families out there totally and utterly opposite to their own?" she shook her head "Let alone all the other hate that they have never heard of."

The slave sat back, head spinning. "You and Rook do have a lot in common, in that neither of you knows that good does in fact exist beyond the chains. I've lived it, I do know. My father was a wonderful man, my mother was loving and kind, and my brother." Shiress choked on a sudden sob "My brother was my best friend." she took a calming breath "I was not born into slavery, I was stolen into it when I was fourteen years old, without a single coin changing hands."

Shiress leaned forward to brush a strand of dark hair from Zavya's eye or would have had she not missed and nearly toppled from her chair. Righting herself, she managed it the second time, oblivious to the laws of personal space.

"You know that I could tell someone of slavery and bid them believe it, you see my brands and my scars." Shiress indicated the slave's name brand on her wrist then pulled the collar of her shirt down over her arm and leaned forward so that the other woman could see the fresh markings of a recent whipping "In that same way I'm telling you that there is hope and there is freedom beyond Rykar and that petching thing." she indicated the collar, then suddenly became very serious.

Slowly, a very tipsy Shiress rose from the chair and approached the Kelvic "May I?" she asked politely, indicating the Kelvic slave collar, but ruined it when she didn't wait for an answer. Stepping in behind the woman, Shiress eased back the slave's hair from her shoulders, her fingertips gently brushing the woman's neck, exposing the collar.

"Its a lock and not magic" she noted absently, then slowly turned to gaze about the small room. Stepping away with purpose, the girl banged and knocked around cabinets and shelves until she had found what she was looking for; a slim and very sharp ended letter opener that she had noticed while rummaging for the bottle of wine. Grinning with accomplishment (and a little inebriation) she crossed the floor back to her companion.

Shiress slid the tip of the opener into the lock and jiggled about for several chimes to no avail. Pausing her lock picking, the girl leaned over Zavya's shoulder for the bottle of wine, sipping generously from its contents, before handing it down to the Kelvic. Swaying slightly, Shiress jabbed the sharpened edge into the lock again, swayed a bit more, and began turning and twisting her hand once more. Chimes went by, but Shiress never waivered -she would give her new friend a taste of freedom even if it killed her. Or her friend did.

Click

Shiress froze in place, letter opener falling from shocked fingers to the floor, as the collar popped, clicked, then parted, hanging loosely on the Kelvic's neck.

"It worked!" Shiress yelled, taking a step back, mouth falling open as if it had come unhinged. "I can't free you forever, I know, Zavya" she said into a shocked silence "but at least for a little while you can be you."
Beautiful Boxcode Credit: Rohka
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Day Outside (Shiress)

Postby Zavya on December 6th, 2018, 4:28 am

By this point, Zavya was having a hard time following the conversation, only able to retain the odd detail. Having never tasted wine before, it had only taken a few swallows for the Kelvic to become fairly intoxicated, and here she was, with the bottle in her hand again. Her pupils were dilated, eyes hazy as a dull euphoria suffused her veins. The world around them seemed slower, out of focus… not that it mattered. The tigress only had eyes for Shiress.

Friend. Zavya had never had a friend, at least not a human one. There had been a dire wolf in the KRI, a woman who she would have given her life for, but since she left the Institute… no one. Her sense of isolation only seemed to increase every day—two seasons’ worth of no refuge, no friendly face to turn to on the days she wished she could die. But here was a woman, a human who had never met her and with no reason to care for her… hiding her from danger and speaking to her as if she were a person, not an object. Firmly insisting that no scar was ever deserved. Had the Kelvic believed herself capable of such an emotion, she would have been enamored.

There it was again; the slave spoke of hope. Of the good outside all the evil, of the kind apart from the cruel. She had grown up in a loving family and had her freedom snatched away, and Zavya couldn’t help but wonder… which was worse? To be like Shiress and have known happiness, a life unchained, and to have it all taken away? Or to be like her and Rook, to have been born into a cruel world with nary even a glimpse outside of it?

A hand seemed to reach for her, Zavya frozen in place and unsure how to react. The choice was made for her, however, the giggling woman nearly tumbling into a heap in front of her. That, along with her unceremonious belch from before, even pulled a smile from the stoic Kelvic’s lips—one that was not tainted with bitterness or worry. Was it the wine, or was it Shiress herself that had the anxious tigress nearly giddy? It was impossible to tell.

Shiress’s next assertion made Zavya’s chest tighten, her heart beating as if it might burst. The words she’d always needed to hear, coming from lips that were not her own. In that same way, I'm telling you that there is hope, and there is freedom beyond Ryker and that petching thing. Golden eyes closed for a few ticks, wishing she could believe her. The confidence with which Shiress spoke almost made it possible to do. Almost.

Her eyes opened to find her companion on her feet, swaying to and fro as she moved in her direction. May I? Shiress pointed to her collar and before Zavya could answer, she took a stance behind her. The Kelvic flinched at the woman’s initial touch, gentle hands moving her hair out of the way. Those hands moved back to her neck and instead of flinching again, she longed into it, closing her eyes in spite of herself. That feather-light brush of her fingers nearly had her weak, pining for the tenderness she’d never known she needed.

The other slave briefly parted from her to rummage around in the other room, but it wasn’t long before she returned with her prize, a thin letter opener. Zavya’s brows drew together in confusion as Shiress returned to her place at her back, holding the collar’s lock in her hand. Golden eyes widened in awe. She was going to pick it! She thought of protesting, sure her master would notice any damage done, but she kept her mouth closed. Right then, she simply didn’t care.

Zavya could hardly breathe over what felt like the next bell, dizzy with the woman’s proximity and anxious with the anticipation of whether or not her attempt would be successful. Shiress was very determined, it seemed, and after several clumsy, yet valiant attempts, the lock gave. Amidst their collective shock, her collar popped open and hung innocuously around her neck.

For an entire chime, Zavya remained motionless, both hands gripped around the cool metal. At last, she shakily rose to her feet, rocking back and forth as she threatened to pitch forward. Slowly and ever so carefully, she turned to face Shiress, the adoration in her gaze almost painful to behold. No one had ever done something like this for her before. Drunk or not, she wouldn’t soon forget.

With trembling hands, she slid the collar over her head and set it on her vacated chair. Clumsy fingers undid the laces of her shirt, tugging at it none too gracefully until it joined the collar on her seat. Her pants came next and were even more of a struggle than her shirt, the tigress flinging them to the side as if they’d offended her. For a moment, she stood bare in front of the other slave, unflinching in her regard. A myriad of thick scars criss-crossed her olive-toned flesh, giving testament to the cruelty the Kelvic had known. But it was not this form she was concerned with.

“Don’ be scared,” she told Shiress, words slurred both from her excitement and her inebriation. Stepping back, she offered the other slave a single, radiant smile before a blinding flash of light filled the room.

Where once Zavya had stood was a massive golden cat, five feet long from nose to rump with an extra three feet of tail. Its faded orange color was broken up by soft brown stripes, regularly spaced on a sturdy, muscular form. A large, heavily furred face peered up at Shiress, the tiger’s mouth opening on a quiet chuff. Slowly, so as not to frighten her or herself, Zavya moved in closer, her step halting before she brushed up against the woman’s leg and hip in a very feline gesture of affection. Twining around the human, her tail trailed along the woman’s stomach and back before coming to a stop in front of her. Another chuff as she sat back on her haunches, tail curling around her paws. Those golden eyes still stared at Shiress with the same almost worshipful look, hesitating for a long moment before pushing her head under her hand.

tiny filler words
Zavya
Hear me roar

Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

A Day Outside (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on December 7th, 2018, 5:48 pm

Shiress watched with wide, green eyes as the Kelvic stood, the look on the woman's face drawing a thin smile across the girl's lips. To bring Zavya just a little freedom, even for just a short time, was worth the day's ordeal. Would that she could offer each and evey burdened soul a chime of freedom, a chime to be themselves unattached to chains and without fear of whips.

As the Kelvic began to disrobe, Shiress diverted her eyes, obliging herself to more wine. She had forgotten about this part of the transformation. But, despite her admirable undertaking, emerald eyes seemed to crawl back to the disrobing figure with every undone button until she was gazing unabashedly at the lithe form unveiled before her.

Lines upon lines of scars left in the wake of a torturous existence marked the woman's beauty, a painted tapestry of abuse. A mirror image of her own body, Shiress knew. Green eyes traveled the thick and raised paths of pain; brow's drawing down in familiar sympathy. A bright light caused her to jerk free of her scrutiny, and when she looked back, Zavya was gone, and Shiress went pale at what stood in her place.

"Oh Rhysol petch me!" she squawked, stumbling back a step.

Before her now stood an enormous cat, or so her mind defined it, and Shiress suddenly felt like the mouse. The beast was unlike anything the girl had ever seen or could have imagined. Shiress had thought a larger house cat, maybe, or a picture book cougar, but this cat! This cat was incomparable with the woman's earlier description of 'large.'

The tiger was mountainous, her head twice the size of the girl's and its teeth -fangs- Shiress swallowed, lowering her eyes, watching as the tiger padded softly around her, then sat, curling her tail around her forepaws. Shiress couldn't help but chuckle at the tiger's very house cat like behavior. It looked strange coming from such a colossal beast.

The feline's massive head bumped up against her hand, and Shiress let her fingertips sink into the thick fur between her ears. The Kelvic's fur was quite soft, surprising the girl whose hand rubbed down the cat's head, following the thin line of golden until it broadened out over her back. She walked the length of the cat, her smile growing, careful to step clear of the felines long tail, and back up the other side of the beast, Shiress's fingers never leaving the trail of thick, soft fur. As she reached the tiger's head once again, she carefully stroked an ear, starting at the base with a gentle squeeze and sliding off its tip, once, twice, and then done the same to the other ear.

Kneeling before the massive beast, Shiress took a chime to look in her companion's golden eyes, so much the same as they had been in her human form. She saw kindness in those eyes and the gentleness that the cat exuded through the returned gaze. She smiled, thumbs caressing the patches of golden fur extending off each side of the bridge of the Tigress's nose. Shiress lowered her face and, much as she had done to her cat, Shadow, she touched the tip of her nose to Zavya's in a display of affection. Somehow, despite the present cat's size, it felt right to do.

Lifting her face, Shiress took in the white and golden features of her friend, smile broadening to reveal a row of white teeth, hands rubbing gently at the thin golden stripes at the tiger's cheeks.

"You are a beautiful creature, Zavya." she said, her voice a near whisper "I will be proud to call you my friend"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Day Outside (Shiress)

Postby Zavya on December 13th, 2018, 12:49 am

Zavya closed her eyes as Shiress’s fingers ran through her fur, hesitant at first before leaning into her touch. As the woman’s hands ran down her back, she stood, moving with the brush of her hand in a very catlike gesture. When was the last time anyone had been so gentle with her? Had anyone ever shown her such affection? The tigress wasn’t sure, but she was thankful for it in a way she never knew she could be. Maybe there really was a world outside the abuse she’d suffered. Maybe there were good humans, after all.

She chuffed again, the equivalent of a tiger purr, before opening her eyes as the slave’s nose pressed against hers. The tigress stared at her for a moment longer before a rough, barbed tongue gently swiped over her cheek. Sitting back down, she rubbed her face against Shiress’s shoulder, a massive, yet gentle, paw resting on her knee. There was that word again—friend. A part of Zavya warmed, a part she hardly knew existed. To imagine having a friend, and one so kind as Shiress… she could hardly wrap her mind around it.

Another flash lit up the room, the tiger replaced once more with the kneeling form of a dark-haired human. “You are a beautiful creature too, Shiress,” Zavya whispered, trembling hands cupping the woman’s cheeks. Unsure of what she was doing, she gently tugged the woman’s face toward her and brushed her lips over her forehead. “And I would be happy to call you my friend, as well.” This last was murmured against her skin before she pulled back, cheeks stained red and a shaky smile pulling at her mouth.

The Kelvic’s hand brushed down the side of Shiress’s face before letting it drop back to her lap. “You can’t… you jus’ can’t know what this has meant t’me.” That shaky smile threatened to give way, the tigress clearing her throat and looking down. “No human has ever… ever… gone out of their way for me b’fore. I… before tonight, I didn’t think such a person even… existed.” She hiccupped softly, forcing the words out in spite of their slur. “I won’t forget this. Ever. I… just… thank you. For warning me of those thieves, for hiding me, for the collar, for everything… thank you.”

Her gratitude was as plain as the nose on her face, reaching for one of Shiress’s hands and gently squeezing it. The motion was still hesitant, so used to hands that would slap back before they’d ever caress hers. “I hope… I hope you can find your way back t’freedom. T’happiness. You… you deserve it.”

That was the life Zavya longed for, too, but as each season passed, she became less confident that she’d ever attain it. Every day in the Valdinox estate caused her to become more and more hopeless, her master’s hold over her turning firmer by the minute. She despised him to the center of her very core, but he knew how to manipulate her. He knew how to control. He knew how well fear would keep others in line.

But what he didn’t know was that fear could only last so long. Exposure to the outside world, learning of others whose hands weren’t so cruel, whose words weren’t so harsh… little did Zavya realize, this would be the beginning. The beginning of breaking the hold he had over her, the beginning of the end of her fear. Even filled with such terror, the Kelvic was fierce in her own way. She carried the heart and soul of a tiger within her, something he seemed to forget. It would only be a matter of time before she came to realize her own strength, her own power. And when that day came… Ryker would rue the day he was ever born. She’d make sure of it.

tiny filler words
Zavya
Hear me roar

Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

A Day Outside (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on December 14th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Slow as Shiress's reation was that she failed to close her eyes in time to avoid the Kelvic's shifting light from imprenting on her retinas. Blinking rapidly, she heard the woman's kind words but by the time her vision cleared, well, cleared as much as inebriation allowed, she felt Zavya's tender kiss on her forehead. Green eyes followed the brunette's lips as they pulled away and began moving with words of gratitude.

Giving a wobbly shake of her head, Shiress smiled and replied "You's go'no reason.." she paused and cleared her throat, finding that it was hard for her suddenly thick tongue to form words, "No reason t'thank me." she awkwardly patted the Tigress's hand that took her's, managing to pat her own as much as Zavya's. "We'll both of us be happy an deserve it one day." she nodded, thoroughly believing her words to be true. "we just got t'member to have hope."

Shiress just managed to wrap her fingers around the wine bottle, pulling it down with her as her rear slid off the back of her legs to the floor. Catching herself with one hand out by her side, the other lifted the bottle to her lips for another generous swig of the potent liquid. Containing a good size belch with inflated cheeks, she wiped her mouth with the back of the hand holding onto the wine then handed the flagon over to Zavya, shoulders rising and falling with a dejected sigh as she studied the woman.

Shiress briefly wondered what it must be like to have been born into slavery, having never known freedom at all. Zavya looked to have fared well, she concluded, at least on the outside. Even with the criss-cross patterns of scars marking her body the Kelvic was stunning. Shiress mused she'd have ended up looking like an old, toothless hag having never known anything but chains for her whole life.

Realizing her brazen examination of Zavya's bare form Shiress blushed, the sudden rush of color intensifying the redness of her cheeks, and glanced away, eyes settling on the closest chair before falling to the golden collar currently occupying it. With another violent sigh, she frowned.

"I'm sorry." she said abruptly, hefting a lazy arm to indicate in the direction of the collar "I'm sorry you have to put that thing back on." Lifting her face, Shiress's green gaze met Zavya's golden "I'm sorry you gotta go back to that...t'your...that petcher Rykar and I have to go back to Radcliffe." Looking around to the window, she let out a breath, the air passing through her lips with an unseemly sound. "I'm sorry I canna do more for you." Looking away from the window, Shiress's gaze dropped, her expression turning to that of a pouting toddler. "I'm sorry Syna is setting and my new friend will hava leave soon and we'll be alone again."

Big, fat inebriated tears threatened to fall from Shiress's glazed eyes as she grabbed for the bottle yet again. "But Gods be damned if I'll remember it, though." she said, a wide grin spreading across her lips. As soon as the grin formed, it faded to another frown. "You know what?" Setting the bottle on the floor beside her, Shiress stood, wobbled, paused, and finally reached for the golden circlet and moved to stand behind Zavya, sliding the collar down over her head. "A'least this way you can say you never willil...willingy...willingly enslaved yourself."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Day Outside (Shiress)

Postby Zavya on December 18th, 2018, 2:24 am

“I’m sorry, too,” Zavya whispered, her voice barely audible as she stared at the floor. She hardly even noticed Shiress’s very thorough and red-faced examination of her body. The Kelvic was so used to being treated as an oddity that she rarely felt the eyes any more, even eyes filled with admiration. Skin was skin no matter which she wore; she felt no more naked as a human than she did as a tiger.

But sorry she was… sorry she would have to return to the same old life after such an enticing taste of the world outside. Sorry she would have to bid Shiress farewell and retreat to the Valdinox estate as if nothing had happened. Sorry they would both have to live behind gilded bars once more—bars with no exit, bars with no end.

As Shiress lowered the collar back around her neck and fastened it in place, she felt tears sting her own eyes for the second time that night. She despised that cool piece of gold metal more than she hated anything—a constant visual representation of the captive life she led. It was everything she loathed, everything she wished she wasn’t. Shiress’s drunken sentiment nearly had her sobbing, the woman’s sweetness intermingling with the constant cruelty that characterized Zavya’s life.

Standing, she threw her arms around the other woman, wobbly on her feet and almost knocking them both over. “Thank you,” she whispered into her neck. “I know I said it a’ready, but… thank you.” Zavya held on for a few ticks longer, reluctant to part from her and begin her trek home. Here, she’d found warmth and kindness, but at home… she dreaded to think what would await her. She knew the rest of her night would not go so well as this.

Releasing Shiress at last, Zavya stepped back and walked over to the chair where she’d thrown her clothing. Shakily, she pulled it back on, clumsy fingers fiddling with the buttons and ties until she had herself back in some semblance of order. As she slid her feet back into her boots, something on the floor caught her eye. The Kelvic leaned in for a closer look.

The tigress smiled when she realized what it was, gently picking up her shed whisker and holding it out to Shiress. “There’s nothing I ca’give you that could repay you for wha’you’ve done f’me t’day,” she said softly before pressing the whisker into the other slave’s hand. “But take this. And ‘member me.”

Zavya swiped Ryker’s package off the ground, as well, sighing as she tucked the vambraces under her arm. She took one last look around the cottage, memorizing every little detail. Drunk as she was, she wanted to remember this, to make sure she had a place in her mind to retreat to when life became too unbearable. To remember the time she met a human who hadn’t tried to hurt her. A human who had called her friend. A human who taught her of hope.

“I hope I see you again, Shiress,” the tigress said quietly as she walked to the door, pausing before she opened it. “But if I don’t… I’ll think back on this, and ‘member… hope. That a woman out there… she told me to hope.”

A trembling hand turned the knob, the muted sounds of the city entering the cottage as she pushed the door open. Molten gold sought and held emerald green, memorizing their depths in much the same way she’d memorized the house. For a moment, it looked like she might say something else, her mouth opening before she closed it and shook her head. The moment soon passed, a sad smile crossing Zavya’s lips. “Goodbye, Shiress. And good luck.”

With that, she was gone, heading back in the vague direction of the Noble District. The trip passed in a blur, both from her chemical intoxication and the emotional intoxication she felt from meeting the other. Already, it was hard for her to believe the events of the day had truly happened, each step she took back toward the estate a step taken back into reality. And reality… reality no longer seemed so positive.

As soon as she stepped foot back on the Valdinox property, real life smacked her right in the face. He told me to be back in a bell, she thought to herself with increasing anxiety, shaky legs pulling her toward the back entrance. How many bells has it been since I left? What can I even tell him happened? She hiccupped as she slipped inside, clapping her hand over her mouth. And drunk too? Rhysol’s arse, what was I thinking?

The Kelvic stumbled down the twisting halls toward Ryker’s chambers, avoiding the gazes of those she passed. At least I didn’t lose the vambraces, she thought nervously as she slipped into her bedroom, hoping beyond hope that Ryker would already be asleep and she wouldn’t have to face him until morning. But, in spite of Shiress’s optimism when it came to hope… Zavya knew better. Hope didn’t exist in this place.

“Where have you been?” a low voice asked from the shadows as soon as the door clicked shut behind her, the careful steadiness of his tone sending a shiver down her spine. Freezing mid-step, her package slipped from suddenly numb fingers and fell to the floor with an unceremonious crash.

“I… I got lost,” she answered rather lamely, even her skin twitching with unease.

“Lost, huh?”

Ryker rose slowly from her bed, his movements calculated and predatory as he stalked toward her. She backed up with every step he took forward, but there was nowhere for her to go. Three steps and she was back against the door, hand groping for the knob, but not quick enough. Fast as lightning, she found herself pinned against the wood, one hand at her throat with her wrist in a bruising grasp.

“I said one bell, Zavya. Do you remember?” His voice was a menacing whisper in her ear, slowly twisting her wrist until she was whimpering in pain. “I believe I was very clear about that. So imagine my surprise,“ here his grip on her throat tightened, Zavya’s breath shallow and quick, “and dismay when I come home two bells later and discover my precious tigress is nowhere to be found. Now what am I supposed to think, hm? That’s she’s disobeyed me?” His grip tightened further, her wrist at an unnatural angle that felt like it might break at any moment. Sweat beaded heavily on her skin, little choked noises replacing the shallow breathing from before. “I thought surely that couldn’t be. She wouldn’t be so stupid. And then I thought… Maybe she’s hurt or maybe someone’s taken her. And I even started to worry, Zavya… to worry that you were out there, alone, scared, bleeding out on the ground…” With a growl, he released her wrist and shifted his grip to her face, yanking her chin up to stare into his eyes. “So imagine my… profound relief to find you alive and whole and…” He inhaled deeply, the steel blue of his eyes as fiery as her own. “Drunk.

Her master’s grip remained firm on her throat as he pushed her over to the bed, shoving her backward and releasing her at last. Her own hands replaced his at her neck, coughing violently as she doubled over. “Please, I’m s-sorry,” she rasped, shrinking back against the wall as he advanced. “I won’t do’t again, I s-swear.” Zavya curled into as tight of a ball as she could manage, as if that would somehow protect her from the fury soon to come. “I’m sorry, so sorry, Master, please…”

Ryker’s hand ripped at the front of her blouse, before grabbing her collar and yanking her to him. “No, you’re not. But you will be.”

The echo of her scream travelled down the empty hall, the next several bells proving Ryker’s assertion undeniably correct. But even through it all, Zavya would not reveal where she had been—she would not betray her newfound friend, the only woman who’d ever given her something to believe in. He could flay every bit of skin from her body, but she’d remain silent to the point of death. There wasn’t much she could do, but at the least she could keep Shiress safe from a fate like her own.

tiny filler words
Zavya
Hear me roar

Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

A Day Outside (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on December 22nd, 2018, 12:51 am

Your Grades!

Zavya

Skills

Acting: 1
Intimidation: 1
Unarmed Combat: 1
Weapon (sword): 1
Story Telling: 1
Rheteric: 1
Observation 5
Solcialization: 4

Lores
Sullins residence
Sullins residence: Sancuary
Shiress: Rescuer
Shiress: Radcliffes slave
Shiress: New friend
Rook: Shiress's bond mate
Sayana: Shiress's slave mistress
Rook: Maned Wolf
Elias Caldera: Mysterious compainion of Shiress
Elias Caldera: Ebonstryfe Soldier
Hope: Freedom is possible

Rewards & Penalties

Notes What a fun and exciting thread! Thank you so very much for writing this adventure with me!

Shiress

Skills

Acting: 1
Unarmed Combat: 1
Weapon (Dagger): 1
Story Telling: 1
Rheteric: 1
Larceny: 1
Persuation: 1

Lores

Zavya: Kelvic Tiger
Zavya: Rykers slave
Zayva: A friend
Zavya: Worth saving

Rewards & Penalties

Notes

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous