[Windward Boardwalk] Strange People (Leyla, Open?)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Aamu on December 17th, 2010, 7:13 pm

15th Day of The Season of Winter, Early Morning

It was one of „those“ days. This mood varied from person to person, but still, it was bound to happen to everyone at some point. Aamu was walking down the Windward Boardwalk, it was a long time since she could enjoy a little time to herself, without counting her training that is.

It was a pretty clear morning, and besides some extra chills it gave the heartily inhabitants of Avanthal, it was also bound to be a steady sign of a beautiful day, which was yet to come. She pulled a bit at the ends of her cloak playfully as if she was going to tear them off, while she was trying to get a bit warmer. Unlike most Vantha, she did not bear any marks from the queen, and that was enough to make her shiver a bit at what was pretty normal for marked people. She could not help bu wonder a bit if she was wasting her life on feeble things. Not that hunting wasn't a great profession, it was, but.... something was missing, a social life of sorts. She never really got bound to any creature, human or not so human.

She was already twenty-one, and the heart of the matter was, she was not getting any younger. She did not mind being single, but she did often dream of a family of her own. And the pressing ice maiden mark was not as bad as people generally think. It was just a slight bother, as she came to know what it meant in the society of the people of aurora.

She felt a bit dizzy, she had skipped lunch today as well, it was not the most wise of decissions, that much was for sure. As she could hear her stomach growling, she quickly sat down on a nearby bench. Then she raised her knees to her chin and hugged around them as if she was some scared three year old. It was a weird sight, that was for sure, not that Aamu cared for how it looked like.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Words: 17599
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2010, 1:13 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Leyla on December 19th, 2010, 2:38 am

Leyla had finally found Windward Boardwalk. She had slipped into her Vantha form a short while before when Leth gave the sky over to Syna. She walked to the end of the boardwalk and sat, letting her feet hang over the edge, looking down into the probably freezing water. She watched as the water stood still with the occasional ripple from the wind or a fish. She was looking for clues as to why she was here or why she kept changing into a Vantha during the day, and why her true form only showed at night, but in a more human-like form. She wasn't sure if looking at water, which she wasn't even sure was where she fell, would help her remember how she fell or why or anything pertaining to the past at all. She sighed, glancing at the sky, wishing to be up there.

She walked a little back up the boardwalk and sat down on a nearby bench, deep in thought. It took her a few moments to realize there was someone next to her. She decided to be at least slightly social, she couldn't waste the day moping around like the last few. She faced the Vantha with her usual violet eyes. "Hello," she gave a slight smile. "Layla, nice to meet you"
From a whole other world. Fallen into mystery. For her life to become one.
Leyla
The night sky, it calls me...

Words: 4276
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2010, 1:46 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Aamu on December 21st, 2010, 11:28 am

Just a nudge :)You should change your character's physical description while in Vantha form, as when you transform into a Vantha, you can't have white hair, or horns. You are purely Vantha, only possible deviations being scars and things like that. This is all based on a fact that you were a simple Vantha in the past life, so if by some permission i am unaware of, you do have permission to have Eth horns while being a Vantha, then please apologize my intrusion, but if not, you really 'ought to get that fixed. Well that was it from me. :) We all make mistakes at first, or at least i did xD That is the only mistake other than your name wrong in the past post, so don't think i have something against you or anything :P

Aamu was just about to fall asleep when she glanced both right and left without moving her head too much. It looked like someone was coming, so she guessed the sleeping part if off, and anyway, it would probably be a bad idea to fall asleep on a sight like this one.

She was not in one of those „social“ moods today so even after the girl sat down beside her, she did not twitch in the slightest. After a while the girl jumped in place as if she saw a ghost, was it only now that she had realised that she was not alone? Was she one of those dumb people? Well it was not like Aamu had anything better to do than to litsen to her, and so she litsened.

Did she say her name was Leyla? The Vantha girl had not yet heard a name like that before today so she got a bit interested into talking back. And the girl seemed strangely.... well absent... or at least compared to other people. Aamu took some time to answer and she realised it only while talking back: „Aamu, Aamu Frostfawn..... glad to have met you as well. So how come i haven't seen you before? What hold are you from?“ the tone was kept at a somewhat cheerfull level, and it was finally then that she realised that Leyla might not be „slow“, maybe she was just thinking something through on her own.

Leyla did not belong there, was Aamu's first association. But how could she not belong? She was a Vantha just like any other, wasn't she? Then why was the feeling so different?
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Character sheet

Postby Leyla on December 24th, 2010, 4:23 am

oocThanks! I fixed it. When I was making my character I didn't know if they shrunk or went away since it was a bit strange to have a Vantha with horns in the first place.
"Snowsong..." she glance at the water and gave a sad smile before looking back at Aamu. "I'm new here, I just came here a few days ago. I used to live here a while ago though." Or, from what she had heard, in a past life. "What do you do for fun around here?" She tried to change the course of the conversation before it got too far. It would just make her terribly homesick again. She would eventually find out anyway if she stayed too close or say her change at dusk.
Leyla

Character sheet

Postby Aamu on December 25th, 2010, 3:37 pm

So she really wasn't from around here? Or she was and Aamu was just overthinking the whole thing? Her eyes tended to shift colours quite often while thinking, she never fully understood what was going on in her heart, at least not until her head would come to a stop. The usual green imprint in her eyes was now shifting slightly towards somewhere between hazel and brown, it was hard to pinpoint her feelings now, even if they were her own.

„A Snowsong, eh? I once knew a Snowsong, he was a bastard“ Aamu chukled slightly before she quickly changed the subject : „Fun.... hmm... fun..... yea... mmmm.... no... That settles it, i have no idea“ she said firmly while scratching the back of her head with a wide grin plastered on her face. The girl was now getting curious as she faced Leyla and spoke up some more questions: „So why did you leave? Or why did you come back? Most people do only one in their lifetime....“ her voice trailed off a bit, as she had realised that what she had said might seem a little harsh.

She didn't really expect Leyla to answer her questions, she was simply stating her curiosity, and even that might have been a bit overboard. Banishing any awkward ideas she answered the question she had trouble with earlier: „I don't know what Snowsongs do for fun, but most of us from the Frostfawn hold enjoy hunting quite a lot“ she spoke in a silent voice as if she was trying to remember something she had forgotten.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Character sheet

Postby Leyla on December 25th, 2010, 6:36 pm

Leyla was quiet for a moment. "I left because my time was up, as most species do. But why I return still remains a complete mystery to me. I actually don't remember... anything... But I guess it is better that way." She barely knew this woman, yet she found that she was coming out to her. It actually made her feel better and hurt at the same time.

"Well enough with the sadness lets go hunting!" She smiled brightly, slightly bouncing. It wasn't music, but it was something to take her mind off the sky. "Actually, does it make a difference if I don't know the first thing about it?" She tilted her head to the side a bit, picturing herself rolling uncontrollably down a mountain while Aamu chased after her and grimaced. "Err, if we do go, I'm staying as close as possible to you. How long does it take by the way? I must get back by sunset." She wondered if Aamu would think her different if she suddenly changed into an Ethaefal. This city was open to all races yet she still couldn't shake the feeling of not being accepted.
Leyla

Character sheet

Postby Aamu on December 25th, 2010, 7:52 pm

:PI really am sorry for not noticing it before,not that you have picked bad skills, but you simply lack some skill points. If my math is correct, and i sure hope it is, you still have not taken any racial bonus points. Those would grant you another +10 in either carving or storytelling. Again, i'll repeat, don't worry, this is only a minot misshap, and can be fixed quite easily. :D :)

Even though the stranger was jumpy, Aamu took a moment to consult herself on the pros and cons of taking an amateur into the wilderness. Almost all she could think of were reasons not to do it, but still it seemed fun to be in charge of something, or this time, someone. After frowning a bit, deep in thought, she suddenly opened her eyes wide in sudden realization: „Your time was up? You speak as if you had died once already....“ her voice trailed off slowly as she did not to linger on that thought. It only made her feel like a complete idiot and she did not like that.

Instead of waiting for another, probably confusing answer, she just jointed some more words onto ones that were already spoken: „Actually hunting can be quite a treacherous thing; There are days when you stroll out into the wastes and come back dragging some prey within the bell you had left your house, but then there are those „bad“ days, on which you will feel as if there is someone up there in Ukalas who is helping your prey get away. Those days are bleak, and happen more often than not, since i am still not so skilled in tracking, not to mention my serious lack of attention when it comes to stealth...“ her voice was suddenly cut off, as she had finally realised the length of her rant.

She wanted to go home before sunset? But of course that much implied when it came to Vantha hunting, it was close to impossible to hunt at night. But the way she said it made Aamu wonder; Was this girl afraid of the dark?

Shooking her head to herself, she quickly continued her speech as she did not want to froget what she was going to say: „Not knowing much about hunting can prove to be a bit dangerous, not that i would let anything happen to you, but still, i'm just stating the obvious. Not knowing how to hunt, or track, or trap anything..... is fine to me. I am not a really good teacher, but still it should not matter as it is quite easy to pick up on those things as you go. And....“ her voice quickly went silent as she realised she got a bit too enthusiastic.

The last, but not the least, question was accompanied by an answer to Leyla's last question: „It would most likely cost you six bells at the very least, but yes we would in theory still get back much sooner than the dark. Which brings me to another question; Have you ever wielded any form of a weapon before, or at least have you owned a bow?“ She made it her duty for the tone not to sound too disencouraging, but she was already guessing the answer she was going to get.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Character sheet

Postby Leyla on December 28th, 2010, 3:20 am

oocD: I always find I way to leave me at a disadvantage. Thanks for pointing it out :D
When Aamu suggested that she had died once already, her eyes flashed a dark onyx, but quickly turned back to it's usual purple. She listen to Aamu's rant. It was dangerous, she would be foolish not to know that, but it was something to take her mind off... things. Aamu seemed enthstastic about it and she said it wouldn't take that long. But, she's never held a weapon, or, at least, doesn't remember ever holding one. But maybe she had? What would happen if she remembered? Their was a possibility that she had been a Frostfawn like Aamu in a past life. She could supply the attention, too, since Aamu said she couldn't... well, mostly. "I'd say it would be kind of risky, but what's life without risk? And isn't it better to learn something if you had the chance than wait 'til you'd have to go without a single thought on how to? But... as for weaponry. I'm not sure I've ever held a bow, or anything weapon-like in that matter, but I might be able to remeber how to do it if I tried. As long as we're back by dark than I'm sure it'll be ok." She thought back on what she said before correcting herself, "Uh, you know cause it's, umm, more dangerous at night." It sounded a little shaky to her but it was a better reason than the truth. And besides, no lie would prepare her for what she was to do, if she was going to anyway.
Leyla

Character sheet

Postby Aamu on January 2nd, 2011, 11:22 am

Leyla was weird... and her sudden correction did not make her seem any less in that light, but nonetheless, it was fun to interact with her. Aamu could not help but smile as the taller creature was cautious with the way she held herself; „If i was any taller, i would rule the world by now“ Aamu thought to herself seemingly silent. Finally she figured she needs to talk back in order for the whole conversation thing to work.

„What is life without risk? We can certainly agree on that much, but please, just remember that resolve when things don't look so good; Wouldn't want you to lose your head out there, would i now?“ Aamu laughed a bit at her somewhat morbid moment, but she still got her gear in check quick enough for a continuation: „Well everything is easy as long as you try; Still i could help you learn a bit on my bow, but even if i do so, you will probably not be ready to go on a real hunt immediately.... even so... it should be fun, so what do you say?“ her voice rang a cheerfull tone during the entire line, only to vapor bit by bit into the past.

Aamu was happy the girl was friendly, even if she did not seem like it, she was happy she felt like she was in charge of someone, and above all, she was curious about Leyla's past. But that could all wait for later, she was now standing up, facing Leyla silently, with a grin on her face; Whatever the answer was, this scene had lingered on for too long, so it was either due to continue or to simply end here.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Character sheet

Postby Growl on May 1st, 2011, 3:30 pm

Appreciation Time!

Name: Aamu

Experience: +2 interrogation (for asking questions)
+1 socializing
+1 rhetoric
+1 teaching
Lore: Meeting New People

Name: Leyla

Experience: +1 socializing
+1 interrogation (for asking questions)
Lore: Meeting New People

Additional Notes: First of all, if you put your feet in the waters of Avanthal, (assuming they weren't already frozen over), you would freeze and more than likely get sick.

Sorry this thread ended so soon!
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office