OOC Info [Wind Reach] Annoucements

Important announcements regarding Wind Reach and its denizens. Please read and subscribe.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[Wind Reach] Annoucements

Postby Solstice on August 24th, 2018, 4:10 am

Important Annoucements

Welcome to Wind Reach! I am delighted to be shepherding the next chapter of this awesome city’s story!

All important announcements for the city can be found here. Players please subscribe so you don’t miss important information. If you haven’t already, please read the Players Guide found -here-. Wind Reach’s play style is very unique when compared to other cities, so it's important to be on board with everything.

To start off I know that Wind Eagles, arguably the most famous part of Wind Reach, are extremely desirable and there will be lots of people interested in applying for the Endal caste. I would prefer for players to work towards becoming an Endal in thread, proving through hard work, commitment to play, and in thread personality and action that they are Endal material. However, you may apply to be an Endal pre-creation if you wish. In both cases, in order to qualify, you need to first meet certain skill requirements. Gossamer detailed these in the previous announcements thread:
Gossamer wrote:
Welcome Solstice to Wind Reach.

And just because its going to come up a million times...

From the Endal Page in the wiki.

Endals require special permission from the Help Desk. Players will be scrutinized more closely in regards to playing in this demanding role. It is rare that players will receive pre-creation approval for play as an Endal. For pre-creation approval a PC must have both the hunting and a ranged weapon skill, one of which is in competent. They must also have at least 15 skill points dedicated to riding. This is due to the high level of skill required in the positions. Additionally they need to write a flashback thread of at least 3000 words describing the event of their bonding to their Wind Eagle. Those who wish to earn their Wind Eagle through threads in the domain, on the other hand, must demonstrate IC to the community that they are Endal material. All bonding threads post-creation must be moderated, no exceptions. Furthermore, individuals wishing to become Endal must actively play in Wind Reach for a minimum of one entire season.

Required Skills

Must have both Hunting and A Ranged weapon, one of which has to be Competent (26 SP or higher) Riding (Wind Eagle) = 15 SP

Other Recommended skills:

Hunting Wilderness Survival Animal Husbandry Tracking Trapping Falconry Leadership Weaponry (Archery, spearmanship, swordsmanship) Fishing

I would also like to add that until further notice, ALL bonding threads, both pre and post creation are required to be moderated by me.

It has occurred to me that there’s the possibility of old players who were once Endals returning as players. Assuming they have met the before stated requirements, then I will have no problem reinstating their rank. The restrictions on Endal requirements used to be much more lax though, and if you haven’t met the current requirements then we will have to discuss how to proceed further with your character.

Also keep in mind that becoming an Avora also has requirements, but it's much less strict. One simply has to be competent in their chosen profession and discuss their apprenticeship in their history, then get my approval. I’ll be communicating with the CS Liaisons and making sure everything looks correct.

Finally, I’d like to bring up the possibility of kelvic Wind Eagles in play. Because Wind Eagles are dire animals, they will require both HD approval as well as my approval. I will also probably only be allowing one or two in play at a time. Keep in mind that if you wish to play a different bird of prey in Wind Reach of a similar size to the Wind Eagles, that the Wind Eagle’s natural territorialism will mean that they will violently reject any such kelvics as intruders. Kelvics with the animal forms of smaller birds such as ones found within the Wind Reach area will be tolerated.

I think that’s it for now! As always, I am happy to answer any and all questions. You can get ahold of me through pm or dm on discord, although I’ll probably be more prompt with responses on discord.

I’m super excited to get started with the city! Happy flying everyone!
Solstice
The Sky Awaits

Words: 184384
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2018, 3:05 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

[Wind Reach] Annoucements

Postby Solstice on January 11th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Moderated Threads Available

Our nest is growing!

I'm extremely excited to see new members trickling in and showing interest in Wind Reach! Most of my discussions with people up to this point have been person to person, so now that we have more people I'd like to put out a general announcement for anyone who happens to join up.

I am offering moderated thread to anyone who is interested! These threads can be anything you like; skill building, character growth, whatever you want! I am going to have three slots available for moderated threads. At the moment of writing this announcement, two of those slots are taken. That means there is a third slot available, on a first come first serve basis. I'll add the slots available to my signature as soon as I can figure out a fancy way of doing it. If you're interested in a moderated thread, you can pm me, dm me on discord, or leave a request in my office.

If you don't manage to get a moderated thread slot, or you want to do something similar to a moderated thread without having to wait on me to post, I will also offer story prompts in a similar manner to the story seeds that Regime does. This will be similar to a moderated thread, but not nearly as strict and will allow the player a bit more freedom to flex their creativity.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone decides to write!

Solstice
The Sky Awaits

Words: 184384
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2018, 3:05 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)