Mauriel's Notebook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Mauriel's Notebook

Postby Mauriel on September 23rd, 2018, 8:49 pm

Of Royalty

Once upon a time on an island very far away, lived a monster so fierce that the people yielded to its will, offering it sacrifices and working for it just to keep it docile. Some say the monster was a cruel God, some that it was a powerful mage, and some yet that it was a monster of old, one of the rare still alive. None however dispute its power, for it has left a mark on the culture that cannot be denied by any rational mind.

When this monster came to power, a long line of kings was in the midst of their benevolent reign over the kingdoms. Fair skinned, with big golden translucent wings, light hair, and a light tail to match, they were a sight to behold. But a king who ruled when the monster came was old and blind, and darkness has set into his old heart, not allowing him to heed the warnings of the youth, and so the beast took over, slaughtering his family wherever it found them. Unbeknownst to the beast, however, the king had a lover, and that lover bore him a child, and the two of them escaped far away from the kingdom, where the baby's light features would not be a cause for a hunt.

The beast reigned for a hundred years, while the king's son ended up having three sons of his own. The story of the terrible fate that befell their family was past down to them, and the three brothers decided that they wanted to rescue their people from the claws of this terrifying beast. The eldest brother wanted the glory of being the people's hero, the middle one was hoping for the power restoring the throne of their family would bring him, while the youngest one simply thought that the people's freedom was of utmost importance and it deserved protection from those who would threaten it, as he wanted his freedom defended as he would defend that of others.

The oldest brother went to fight the beast first and was not heard from in seasons. The last one to give up hope was his wife, after which his death was official.

The second brother followed suit, and he was not heard from in seasons. The last one to give up hope was his wife, after which his death was official.

His grandmother begged of the last brother not to go, as his death would end the line, but he said that he must, and promised her to live. The youngest brother then went, and as the seasons past the people had begun worrying that they had lost all three of the remaining fertile people of king's blood, but they have soon received a gift that dissuaded them. The youngest brother had sent them the beast's head, and nothing else, but it was invite enough for them.

When they came back to the kingdom they were welcomed as heroes, their descendant pronounced royalty for his heroism. Keeping only some of the land his family used to own, however, he pronounced the island a free city, making its people swear to never succumb to a corrupt hierarchy again, and to use their lives to pursue virtue, knowledge, and beauty.

When asked how did he defeat the beast, the youngest brother explained that he had not. He simply got the people to put an organized effort up against it, using their unique talents and perspectives to think of the best plan.
Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Mauriel's Notebook

Postby Mauriel on September 23rd, 2018, 9:26 pm

Spark

The sky is dark
Peace foregone
Another spark
From heavens drawn

Splintered is the olden nation
Chaos ruling the astounded
Yearning for a foundation
Praying are the people blinded

Know they not
As they may
That they'll be
Sung one day

For they'll build
A crowning jewel
'Round the mountain
Spin a newel

The sky is dark
Peace foregone
Another spark
From heavens drawn

A spark of hope
Aysel the wise
To help them cope
Reach great highs

A spark of fire
Talora the kind
To inspire
Together to bind

The sky is dark
Peace foregone
Another spark
From heavens drawn

Her sacrifice
Insurmountable
At a great price
Uncountable

Oh, Star Shining
Future of men
You're defining
Again

The trinity
Showed the way to us
To create divinity
Made of skyglass

The sky is light again
The lovers bathing in dawn
And through great pain
Lhavit stands from then on
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Notebook

Postby Mauriel on October 6th, 2018, 3:03 pm

Ghost of The Unforgiving

Once upon a time, in Lhavit, the Star of Kalea, a young nobleman grew to be of the marrying age. His parents were not a true nobility, but were very rich. He had no maiden in mind, and his parents did not want to force anything upon him for material gain, so they decided to host balls where he could meet young women of the city and perhaps take a liking to some of them.

Around the midnight rest, he would leave the event to go take a walk in the Unforgiving, for he liked to hunt and was a mage who could defend himself. The moonlight and the shadows would play with his mind, the beautiful serenity also being the dash of a deadly creature, fear and peace intertwined interestingly.

Coming up to a small clearing, he would think for a moment that he saw a ghost of a beautiful maiden, embroidered of light before him. For a moment he thought his mind was still playing tricks on him, but the beauty moved gently towards him, preserving its shape. She told him that she wanted to attend his ball, but could not due to her immaterial nature. Taking quite a liking to her, he reached for her hand, but she pulled back and disappeared in front of him.

He left the ball the next night as well to go look for her, and soon enough he found her. They talked and walked together for a while, and she seemed to somehow become more real with each one of his gentle looks and kind words. Night after night, they met in the Unforgiving, until one day he encountered her as a maiden like any other, though her physical form retained the ethereal beauty she had as a ghost.

He finally proposed to her, asking her to come with him into the city and be his wife. She agreed, but made him swear an oath to always love her and be loyal to her, for it was his love that materialized her, and his love was what kept her alive. He swore on it without second thoughts, and so they came back to the city and married. They celebrated for days, and enjoyed themselves together for years to come.

Years later, the man's father died, and a large part of the city gathered on the funeral, among them a young redhead woman, attractive and fierce, and with an obvious soft spot for the man. He stole glance after glance, not even noticing that his beautiful wife started fading away with each one. She faded until finally disappearing, leaving but a pile of clothes behind her. He went ahead and married the redhead, but had quickly realized his mistake. She was clearly after his kina, soon enough making demands and causing him grief. Upon seeing her true nature, he divorced her and started going into the Unforgiving every night, looking for his beloved.

But she never came back.

Some say that he still wanders the Unforgiving as a ghost, looking for her, for he could not forgive himself even in death, and lingered on to find her.
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Notebook

Postby Mauriel on January 9th, 2019, 10:40 am

Bitter

There once was a lass in a wee purple frock
Who wouldn't have minded a friend

The verve of this lass was rare and fierce
And kids made fun o' her zeal
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
And they made fun o' her zeal

They talked and talked and talked and talked
'Til she became unable to feel

Her blood had boiled, her heart had swerved
For she too had a story to tell

Trenches she dug, bridges burned
And never went out of her cell

Her frock grew yellow then red
Her lips quiet and pale

Her skin thick and rough and hard
Her body stubby and frail

She would have died if she kept at that
For she too had a story to tell

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Notebook

Postby Mauriel on January 13th, 2019, 9:29 pm

1st of Winter, 518AV

Dear Savis Maren,

I have managed to obtain the location of your current residence. You would not believe the things one finds out if they poke and probe the local drunks! And you must leave quite an impression. I am sorry if your life being under such a spotlight unsettles you, but I thought it'd be strange not to explain my sources.

I reach out to you seeking forgiveness, for I had entirely put aside our plans. The truth is, I have been in poor health throughout Fall. I can hardly complain given what some go through, but I was plagued with unbearable headaches and strange invasive thoughts. I thought it might have been due to not getting enough moonlight, but peculiar events throughout the city had convinced me that it might have been more widespread, though not many are too happy to talk about what they went through.

Either way, I did not think myself capable to engage in magic of any sort in that state, but didn't want to sound like I'm offering excuses. The nature of my illness was peculiar, and I frankly did not know will it ever end. Alas, it did, more than two dozens of days ago, so stepping into the new Season I feel fairly confident that it is not coming back.

I wondered would you still be so kind to meet me at Alheas Park? I thought 6th of Winter at noon might be appropriate, though do let me know if it is not suitable for you. If you doubt that a letter will reach me, I work afternoons at Scholar's Demise, so if it's in your way feel free to hop in for a chat.

Say hi to your notebook!

Regards,
Miss Dazzling
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes