(Flashback) Cold Winter Nights (Adder)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Blythe on December 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Adder slapped Blythe across the face. She winced with the impact, as she felt the red-hot outline of his hand beginning to form on her face, she had rolled a few inches away from where she was before with the impact.

Adder walked over to her again, kicked her in the ribs. Blythe bit down on her bottom lip as more pain shot through her body, it started to arch more to the side, forming a crescent moon, he had lifted her body up a bit with his kick, but hadn't actually managed to get her to roll around anywhere this time.

Suddenly, as if the man had finally managed to gain control over his anger, he stepped back. He wiped the spit that still dripped down his face away with his sleeve.

Adder then bent down towards her, wrapping his arm around her waist and hoisting Blythe up over his shoulders. Blythe's face was resting on his left shoulder blade. His touch was far gentler than Blythe had expected, but it certainly didn't right any of the wrongs he had done to her thus far, after all, her hands and her legs were still bound in rope.

Adder carried Blythe over to the bed, and lay her down, gently. The bed sank beneath her weight, caressing her like a lover's embrace. It was the only true comfort she had remembered experiencing all night long, but Blythe tried not to let this thought get to her, she wouldn't give Adder the satisfaction of her tears, not again anyway.

After dropping Blythe off, Adder walked over to the blanket that was now lying on the floor. He picked it up, whacked it a few times with his hand to get the dust off, and then threw it over her, the stained side at her feet.

Adder looked at Blythe with a mixture of both shame and deep sorrow. It surprised her, seemed out of place, what was wrong with this man? she wondered, as he whispered, "can't fight our nature," as he walked away and sat down in the chair, staring into the roaring fire, and grabbing the bottle of strange dark liquid he had given to her while she was... away?

Drinking again? Drowning out all your pain and your misery? Or at least trying to? Blythe thought, as she wiggled around on the bed a bit, trying to get a little more comfortable, it was difficult being that her arms were tied behind her, and she always seemed to be lying on them, but after a bit, she managed to roll onto her left side, so she was facing Adder and the fire, she didn't want to look at him, he disgusted her, but at the same time, she didn't want to lose sight of him because she didn't want to give him any more power over her. And as she sat and watched Adder drink and seemingly, become more and more lost in the fire, she truly did wonder if one could fight their nature, and in the end, she decided that one could, although they may not always be successful in doing so.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Mastermind on January 3rd, 2011, 9:29 am

AWARDS

Blythe

Skills
Observation +4, Drinking +1, Brawling +3

Lores
Giving a Cloak Away in Winter Makes for a Cold Time
Out of Body Experiences
Waking Up in a Strange Place
Creepy Strangers
Feeling Helpless

Notes
I know you wanted Unarmed Combat, but I think brawling was more suitable for what you were doing. Also, seduction usually implies intention, so I didn't really feel right awarding anything there. As always, if you feel like I should have awarded something differently, feel free to PM me about it.

Adder

Skills
Observation +2, Wilderness Survival +1, Drinking +2, Wrestling +2, Rope Tying +1, Intimidation +2, Brawling +1

Lores
Bringing Death Home
Other Scaled Sentients
Fighting Temptation
Don't Scare your Prey
You Can't Fight Your Nature

Notes
As always, if you feel like I should have awarded something differently, feel free to PM me about it.
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Words: 19833
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Previous