Week Challenge [29th-3rd]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Adriana Sparrow on February 3rd, 2019, 4:46 pm

Last minute sign up!

Skill: Poison
Starting Points: 0
Ending Points: 6pts
Expected Points: ~5
Prize Suggestion: Something related to the skill I think would be best, much like others have been saying as well

Thread(s): Plants and Poisons - Graded 5pts
Corruption Continues - Graded, only first post points counted 1pts
Last edited by Adriana Sparrow on February 12th, 2019, 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Adriana Sparrow
Player

Words: 111649
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2019, 7:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 4th, 2019, 5:00 am

Great Job Everyone!

I'm closing the challenge. We'll have more to come, possibly the weekend after next or so. Graders, please look over the threads here and get them graded if possible. I'll let everyone post their links up in their post and what they started with XP wise in their chosen skill and what they ended with (or expect to end with if things dont get graded) and I'll have some prizes tomorrow night.

Thanks for participating!

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 5th, 2019, 1:15 am

Please update all the threads you posted for this challenge.

I'll see what I can do about grading or getting folks to grade asap so we can award some prizes!

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 15th, 2019, 1:54 am

Sorry this took so long! We had to get everyone graded or everyone graded that was close to finishing. The winners are...

Kelski - 14 pts (Reimancy)
Crylon - 9 pts (Construction)
Kynier - 7 pts (Philosphy)

You all wanted rewards that involved the skill you worked on. The rewards are as follows:

Kelski - The Stunning Opal Dagger

This dagger is crafted from a special Mele activated Opal Gemstone. It has the same ability of its Semele blessed stone - it reflects Reimancy Attacks and can stun Reimancers into immobility. The blade is formed of one solid mele opal while the hilt is made from a solid piece of stag horn. Unbreakable and magical, this item when held out and used as a shield can reflect a reimancy attack back at its mage of origin protecting anyone using it and those standing behind them. Also, when plunged into a reimancer, it can completely stun the mage to the point of immobility until the item is withdrawn from the mage's body. It wounds as if it were a normal average grade common dagger, and wounds made with this dagger - depending on the skill of its wielder of course - will heal as if they are wounds acquired by a normal weapon.

Its stunning ability can be used once per day. It's reflective ability can be used once per day. It will not reflect attacks of any other forms of magic and will not stun any other types of mages.

Crylon - An Isurian Construction Toolkit

Said to be made by Izuridn's hand itself, this toolkit is incredibly old. It has a wide variety of tools in it - all the standard construction tools of the trade - plus a few extras such as a sledge hammer, folding set of sawhorses, and sharpeners for the tools within. It has utility knives, tap & dyes, various types of saws, screw drivers, hammers, all sorts of fasteners, tape measures, woodworking tools (planer, chisel, file, etc), a drill - basically any hand item a construction worker might need. The clincher is that each and every tool is made from Izurian Steel and built to last. While old, the set is not worn other than the battered wooden steamer trunk the kit comes in.

Kynier - Leth's Light (A book on Critical Thinking)

This journal was written by one of Leth's famous priests, Pyrathis Nilam, who broke critical thinking into seven parts and discussed how society reformed after the Valterrian and the philosophy involved. It not only discusses the seven parts of critical thinking...

1. Analyzing
2. Applying Standards
3. Discriminating
4. Information Seeking
5. Logical Reasoning
6. Predicting
7. Transforming Knowledge

...but how society, in post Valterrian Mizahar, has related to their environment as influenced by magic and The Gods. Several Gods are discussed in the book including Leth, Syna, Ivak, Sylir & his son Glav Navik, Rhysol, Priskil and Qalaya. This book introduces key philosophical arguments and makes many leaps and bounds from idea to practical application siting examples from the last 500 years of history.

Everyone else: I didn't forget you! You can take 100 gold for every point you earned in the challenge. If you earned three points, for example, you can award yourself 300 gold. I won't be adding this to your SS threads. Just link this thread to your ledger when you take the gold. Make sure your entries are completely updated before you take any gold. If anyone else needs grading, let me know in chat and I will get those threads graded tonight. Winners? You can take the gold as well as your prizes.

As always, prizes aren't transferable, be sold, or given away as a gift in any way. You can acquire them in a way of your choice.

Thanks for playing!

Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous