Promises Made in Silk and Linen (Mauriel)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Savis Maren on January 28th, 2019, 9:34 am

19th of Winter, 518 AV

7th Bell.

Savis Maren held her head high, crossed arms set over her breast as she watched the last of the ropes tie together on the front 'door' of the 'cottage' she'd been gifted by Madeira. Though, in truth, there was neither a true door nor was her cottage anything resembling such. Savis looked forth at her completed home, marvelling at the stone walls in the isolated dirt bed at the rear of Infinity Manor's grounds. The Nuit's eyes were wide as she moved her gaze towards the lever, elation pouring throughout her consciousness as a fantasy that draped itself through the mind of any child told bedtime stories of the grandeur of olden Mizahar, a different time when royalty ruled the world.

And then... royalty rises again. Madeira Craven purchased a grand manor for herself, and then this for the 'queen of her little toys', she mused. Far from being ungrateful about the property, which was no larger than the cottages at the Okomo Estates, she was truly in awe of the feat of architecture. Then, the Nuit drifted into something else altogether. The child that stewed within the soul of Savis Maren rose in the midst of fantasy. A girlish giggle escaped the Nuit's lips as she shooed away the construction crew, opening the 'drawbridge' door and at last allowing herself passage into her Castlette.

The Nuit's non-existent heart swelled within her chest, her thoughts whirring as she looked to the simple, but elegant stone facades. There was a massive wardrobe to her right, already stocked with her limited vestments. Then, the table, not yet fitted with its lovely linens, sported the Twin Circles. The Circles of Animation turned into one of the most important shapes in her existence, being both the shapes that created her and the insignia that marked her highest aspirations.

One day, Madeira and I will both be queens, but I'll settle for being a princess until then, she thought to herself. Girlish laughter poured from her lips, high and piercing through the sky in the wake of morning. She spun in the center of her room before her sharp wit carried her to the next necessary inclusions. Savis Maren retrieved the Gadget Arm, placing it in front of the door, hanging it by its strap, tying it between the ropes before she bellowed out,

"Breathe."

The tool whirred to life, flexing its humanoid fingers before Savis Maren moved to her wardrobe. There, she'd pull her black silk dress from her closet, along with the hooded cape and her coat. She placed the dress on the nearest chair to the door before returning her attention entirely to the Gadget Arm.

"Mr. Arm. You're being promoted. Now, you're the royal coat hanger. Your sworn vigil is to hold my coat and those of any guests who pass theirs to you. Fail in this charge and I'll be forced to strip you of your position. Then, it'll be the closet for you. Forever."

The Gadget Arm stirred with Savis' command, its fingers stretched out, then retracted as if grabbing an imaginary coat. Quite pleased with the golem's eagerness to begin its sacred task, the Nuit placed the coat between its fingertips. Immediately, the Gadget Arm took the fabric before raising up in an angle parallel to the ground. The coat hung several feet off the ground, and the Nuit nodded in agreement with his interpretation of her command.

"Good. You'll be a fine servant, indeed, Mr.... No... Sir Arm, the lord of Coats. Now... who's next?"

The Nuit moved towards Wheels, commanding the automaton to open before the Nuit retrieved Tunes. The book automaton was the Nuit's most human creation, with no body to speak of, but a very present personality that'd surely be quite open to sharing in this fantasy of Savis'. Of course the Nuit was aware of her position and station, but wasn't it so fun to pretend? To be someone else? Savis Maren set Tunes open, retrieving her charcoal stick and tuning it to a fine point before she spoke aloud,

"Ms. Tunes! Wake up! We're in a new unlife now, the fo- three of us..." Immediately, Savis Maren was plunged with guilt, the recent destruction of her treasured Sil weighing very deeply in her psyche. She tried to brush off the feeling, looking between Tunes and Wheels with a great fondness before she mustered up the will to speak on.

"I'm royalty, now, you see. We 'live' in a lovely castle, and I'll be damned if I don't have a welcoming comittee every time I come home. So, flip to your fresh page, then remember which one it is."

"Royalty, hmm? Then what does that make me, Savis?"

"You're the blessed crier. Who's to know whose castle this is without the crier to announce her ladyship?"

"Ah! What an honor, Princess Savis!" the notebook called out. The Nuit felt a surge of pleasure course throughout her thoughts, the encouragement from Tunes sufficient to fully engross the Nuit in her wretched fantasy.

"Indeed. Now, I'll dictate it to you, then I'll leave the castle. When the door opens, you'll hear the sound, hm? Immediately, you'll do as I dictated."

"Yes, your majesty!" Ms. Tunes answered before the Nuit began to write.

Welcome, welcome to the estate of the honorable princess, Savis Maren!

The Nuit let high laughter erupt from her lips in waves before she moved, taking herself out of the home before entering anew. With a flourish, Savis Maren carried herself into the home anew, a wry smile on her lips when Tunes followed the Princess' directions flawlessly.

"Did I do it right, Savis?"

"You're promoted again, Ms. Tunes. Now, you're my right hand woman. You have the same responsibilities, but now you can hold your pages higher still."

The aforementioned pages flapped merrily, and the Nuit had just a moment to bask in the glory of her station. The grin plastered upon her features was impossible to remove, and the lush laughter that continued to roar from her lips brought the Nuit even to twirl in her medical vestments, the relic of her visits to the Twuele.

"This simply will not do. Princess Savis will not dress as some peasant!" she insisted aloud. Then, the Nuit threw her vestments into the trash. Quickly, she slid into her elegant garb, throwing her hooded cape over her shoulder before she snapped her fingers. With a swagger, the Nuit shifted her gaze towards Wheels.

"You there, Monsieur Wheels. Like everyone else, you've also received a station. You're my stalwart companion. But, you are also my courier. You remember Mauriel, yes?"

Wheels whirred to life at being addressed. The automaton listened to Savis' question before it began to roll forward and towards her.

"Of course, mistress. Mauriel is friend?"

A pity I didn't make Wheels a bit smarter. He'll get the job done, but he sounds like a fool, she reflected before answering him.

"Yes, Monsieur. She is friend," she answered, her tone mocking in the face of the inferior speech of her most advanced golem.

"I have a letter for you to give her. You'll teach Lady Mauriel how to open your compartment... keeping your voice low as you do it. Then, she'll retrieve this note and follow you here. Okay?"

"Certainly, mistress."

"You'll no longer call me that, either. Now, it's either 'Your Highness' or 'Princess Savis."

"Yes, Your Princess."

"You're not leaving until you get this right," she quipped, her temper rising.

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Good," she answered, before at last moving on and inscribing the note she mentioned. In the mundane pages of her other notebook, she worked. Savis Maren took care to create worthy script of her title, looping her words in a neat cursive.

Lady Mauriel,

Your Princess needs you! In light of Lady Savis' new accommodations, you must come to my home on the property of Infinity Manor. From there, we'll embark on a most perilous quest. That is, of course, the pursuit of finery fitting for this new position.

PS: We'll also use the opportunity to make good on a promise that is as of yet unfulfilled. Make sure to be well-fed before arriving.

Your princess,

Her Ladyship Savis Maren.

With the completed letter, Savis neatly folded it, placing it into the open compartment before she said to Wheels,

"Mauriel lives in the Okomo Estates. We've passed by that way more than once. Surely, you'll remember your way."

"Understood."

Then, Wheels was off, leaving Savis Maren to bask in her miniature castle.

Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Words: 399286
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2018, 11:49 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mauriel on January 29th, 2019, 12:38 am

The fresh mountain morning air filled Mauriel's small cottage, as she sat on its floor, fiddling with her lute. Savis was lucky to find her home, for the Lethborn worked nights for a few days, despite preferring not to do so anymore. Her lute was driving her mad tonight, and as soon as she was out of Scholar's Demise she was on an errand to get the equipment to fix that. Her strings were frayed and hairy, and her pegs turned in clicks, giving her a lot of trouble tuning. She hasn't been loving this instrument quite properly, and it was about time she changed that. She bought a new set of strings, as well as some soap and chalk.

The lute was very delicate, and while she was very impatient, disgusted by how much she let her strings deteriorate, she was still careful to replace them one by one and maintain the tension of the instrument. She undid a string and placed it on a newly proclaimed discard pile. She took the replacement one, and pulled it through the end of the bridge, carefully tying it together, careful not to leave bits sticking out. Before she attached it to the peg, she withdrew the peg itself, and soaped it, wary of overdoing it. She then pushed it back, attacked the string, and tightened everything again. It was a time consuming process since she needed to replace all 15 of her strings. Normally, she would've done this regularly, replacing one by one, but now that she needed to do it all at once it took quite a bit. To her delight, by the time she was done all of the pegs were sliding smoothly and evenly, and she was finally in for an enjoyable tuning experience. Right as she was about to start playing, a loud bang on her door interrupted her. Not a knock, more like a giant piece of wood hitting the door repeatedly.

"Who is it?" she called out, her dagger already out of the scabbard as a precaution, as she considered the window behind her as an escape route. She had no enemies she knew of, nor was she exceptionally rich or famous in order to attract any kind of a violent burglar.

"Wheels, miss friend of Your Highness, it's Wheels!"

Bewildered, Mauriel sighed with relief. She chuckled, partially due to sudden alleviation of tension, and partially because she imagined Savis' reaction had she known the ruckus her servant was causing. "I'll be right there!" She flapped her wings a couple of times, pages of her notebook turning on the table, and the old strings rolling into a corner from the soft gust. She opened the door and Wheels slammed right into her. "Hello, Wheels. How are you?"

"You're Mauriel, yes?" it sought confirmation again.

"Yes, yes I am." She closed the door behind him, finding herself back on the floor. She really wanted to tune the lute, but she doubted she'd have any peace to do so until she found out what this was about, so she left it lying on the bed and gave the golem her full attention.

"Mauriel must open Wheels," it said, childish urgency in its voice. "But first, Wheels has to teach her."

"You have my complete attention," she reassured.

"Alright then. Mauriel must say: Radjud."

"Radjed?" she tried.

"Radjuuud."

"Radjud." Just like that, the compartment opened. She remembered Savis doing this at Alheas, but she would have never recalled the word. It was a bit difficult on her tongue, as the language was foreign to her. It sounded similar to the glyphs Savis mentioned, and she seemed to use similar-sounding words for things. Djed sounded similar too. It must have been a language mages used or something. Though it could have just as easily been entirely made up, Mauriel doubted that.

She reached into Wheels' compartment and, rather unsurprisingly, fetched a letter. Skimming its contents, checking for urgency, Mauriel was rather confused by the out of context phrases, but upon rereading she offered the words a wide grin. She had no idea where the Nuit lived, but was pleased to hear her friend was enjoying new accommodations. She wondered whether she should hurry or give herself time to finish up and get dressed, and decided to opt for the latter. She wondered about sending Wheels back with a message, but she doubted Savis had much use for the automaton while waiting for her back home.

"Wheels, do you mind waiting a few chimes for me to finish up and get ready?" she asked politely. It was a matter of habit rather than any consideration for the automaton, however.

"Wheels wait until Mauriel come with him."

She started strumming her lute and readjusting the pegs patiently. Now that she finally had a luxury of a very precise tune, she got very perfectionist about it. A few chimes later an accord sounded off through the cottage, lighting up the Akvatari's face. "Nice!" She strummed a bit for her own pleasure, before deciding to get a move on.

So Savis called her a lady in the letter, therefore a bit of immodesty in her dress would serve to fortify the undead's fantasy. She put on her red satin dress, which completely covered her tail when she was on ground. She was rather immodest around Wheels, despite knowing of its mirror-eye-thing. Wheels didn't seem to mind, and she doubted Savis would spend her time as frivolously as to dig through its memories. The red color of the dress really brought out her brown hair and eyes, and her wings really made her look put together with this dress. It didn't even need modification when she bought it, for the back was already cut low. She put her cape on - that one did need modification to fit around her wings - and wondered what else the might need. Her Starfire Earring was already on, as she almost always wore it. She decided to bring her lute, carefully packing it in the lutecase. Perhaps the Princess would like some music to accompany Tunes' songs. She packed her bag full of kina as well - suspecting the Princess won't be the only one splurging.

"Okay, Wheels, I'm ready," she said and they headed out.

Infinity Manor was situated on a large property on Zintia peak. Mauriel was fond of its unkempt garden, finding beauty in the uneven and thick growth of trees. In her eyes, it gave it a more put together, natural look, befitting Lhavit: an union of beautiful architecture and fierce wildlife, opposed yet complementary. Wheels seemed to move with ease down the cobbled path, and she was happy to see he felt at home here, for they had taken several detours through the city and she had to fly him back to a place he knew the path from. The manor itself was a luxurious building, four stories high, a breath taking round design, a nice facade, it definitely didn't stand out from the beauty of the rest of the city. A spark of jealousy ignited in the Akvatari, but she reminded herself that the last thing she wanted was being rooted in a place by owning such a gorgeous property.

Wheels lead her right past the house and into the back, where Savis' Castlette was within view. Mauriel stopped, just having to take in the sight. A miniature castle, no bigger than her own cottage! It had the pretend-towers and flags! And large bridge-doors! It might be the cutest thing Mauriel had ever seen. And it didn't look cheap either, it was all made of quality stone and by clearly skilled hands. Wheels just noticed that she stopped following and was circling confusedly somewhat ahead of her. Her wings fluttered and she caught up in no time, picking the automaton up and carrying him the rest of the way. She assumed she wouldn't be needing to call out for Savis, but if she was proven incorrect she'd ask Wheels to announce her as loudly as it could.

OOC-3tk soap
-1jk chalk
Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Savis Maren on February 7th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Within the tiny castle, Savis Maren had plenty of time to revel in the home she'd been blessed with. The wretched anger she'd felt towards Madeira Craven in the weeks since their altercation seemed to dim, festering in the depths of her consciousness as her lavishly dressed form continue to weave through the tiny cottage. She opened her wardrobe over and over, hoping that some magic might turn her the multitude of scarves and a single outfit into a full ensemble of outfits and dresses befitting her self-bestowed station.

A sliver of worry creased the self-proclaimed princess' mind as she thought to Wheels. The golem's programming might have faltered without its mistress around to ground it. But, she had to trust her most precious servant to carry out its commanded tasks. Instead of dwelling on Monsieur Wheels' progress, she returned her attention to Ms. Tunes, striking conversation with the book as she awaited her Source's arrival.

"Ms. Tunes. Do we have enough servants in the castle?"

"Servants? You have two, don't you? Wheels and Sir Arm?" the golem answered, its tone suffused with a cheekiness that elicited high laughter from the Nuit's lips.

"Two? You mean three!" she chided, before continuing on with her thought. "I've been meaning for another. Perhaps another one based on Wheels' mirror inspiration. After all, none of you can advise me on the nuances of dress and stature," she affirmed. Savis Maren was willing to admit some of her faults. Or at least, places where ignorance dominated knowledge. Fashion was such an area, and perhaps someone more savvy than her could be convinced to 'lend' their knowledge to her.

"Wouldn't a talking mirror be absolutely grand?" she mused, looking to her right to allow her eyes settled on the full-body mirror concealed within the wardrobe. In the sleepless nights when so few were up and around to keep her mind busy... additional golems with differing perspectives might help preserve her sanity.

"So long as it doesn't gain my position, I'm perfectly happy for another voice," Tunes answered, bringing another round of easy laughter from the Nuit. Laughter seemed so aplenty these days for the once stoic and inexpressive Nuit. Perhaps, her isolation had truly come to an end. She was even inviting a friend to her home!

"How momentous," she mused, earning a confused utterance from the notebook that the undead dismissed just as readily. The Nuit admired her black silk dress in the mirror when the faint crunch of rolling wheels alerted Ms. Tunes to the presence of Wheels on the other side of the doors. How curious that the wheels hadn't sounded earlier to the notebook, but the tome paid that little detail no mind.

"Your guest has arrived!" the crier bellowed out for Savis to hear before she called out to the outside, her pages flipping to the sentence written less than a bell before.

"Welcome, welcome to the castle of the honorable princess, Savis Maren!" she announced in her rehearsed tone before saying, "Princesses don't open doors, so feel free to let yourself in!" she bellowed to Monsieur Wheels and Mauriel. When Mauriel and Wheels found their way at last, Savis Maren stepped forward and allowed bony fingers to settle on the Akvatari's shoulders in something that somewhat resembled a hug, but with much less touching.

"I see the good Monsieur was up to the task given to him! How wonderful it is to see you as always, Lady Mauriel. Welcome to the Infinity Castlette. A palace befitting a princess is it not?" she asked, one eye closing in a wink before she took the Akvatari's hand and guided her to the center of the room.

"I'll give you a tour, of course," she said, a mockery of one at least given the tiny size of the 'estate.'

"Over there is the wardrobe, which we'll go on to making additions to very soon. Then, there's the royal dinner table, and the Desk of Musings. I don't think you've met Sir Arm yet," she considered before moving on to grander things.

"I owe you another lesson, don't I? We were... interrupted the last time," she mused, not bothering to conceal the glimmer of a smile that marked her countenance before saying, "We can get started while we walk," she said, moving towards Ms. Tunes and prying her from her propped up position.

"You're coming with us, of course."

"Yay!" the tome remarked before being silenced once closed.

Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Mauriel on February 11th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Mauriel had a hearty chuckle at the little crier, inviting her in in her own voice. Honorable princess Savis Maren, by Gods, who would've anticipated this situation upon seeing them bicker back at Bharani? She put on her straight face and fixed her posture, before attempting to open the doors. They were akin to a castle's wall's entrance, opening towards her, although way easier to handle than a heavy wooden structure would be on a properly sized building.

She flashed the most polite of smiles in agreement with Savis. "Monsieur Wheels was lovely as always," she said with a grateful nod towards the creature, careful not to praise the servant too much. As she was introduced, she shook Sir Arm's, well, arm, before offering it her coat. "Pardon me, but I must say, I'm moved to meet you again, my Princess, and for such an important occasion! It warms my heart to see you finally getting living arrangement befitting your royal soul." Mauriel was very eager to play, and more than a touch over-dramatic in her delivery. "What a wretched world would allow you to toll away in improper accommodations is beyond my grasp, but it makes this an even greater moment! Oh, the towers, the magnificent wooden doors! The glorious furnishings, adjusted to your very interests," she said, noticing the carved table, the edge of her lips involuntarily curving into a smirk.

While they exchanged pleasantries and messed around, there was still some conflict in the air. Last time Mauriel saw her friend, they found out that they had known each other for almost a century, rather than mere seasons, and the knowledge left a lot of lingering questions, unexplored feelings, and half-demolished walls between the two. It's like they were suddenly exposed, but neither wanted to deal to much with their own exposure, so they just kind of peaked through the holes in their walls, hoping the other one makes the first move, perhaps only so they'd shut them down. Savis avoided the subject, and Mauriel granted her the same courtesy. She sealed the Akvatari's reading of the situation with her words, referring to their experience as mere interruption.

"Indeed we were," Mauriel said, picking up the coat she just gave to Sir Arms. "Shall I bring the lute along, or will we be coming back here?" she asked. Savis had never heard her play, and she suspected the undead wanted it to stay that way, at least for a while. Maybe she shouldn't have even brought it along in the first place? Taking Savis' advice on the matter, she headed for the door. She opened them for the cottage's new resident, moving out of the Nuit's way. "Does Your Highness want something tailor made that she could pick up in the near future, or rather something less lavish but immediately accessible? The Silk Palace will make you anything your imagination can conceive, but whether something suitable will be on sale is an open question." Some of Mauriel's most beautiful dresses were from there, and other had to be retailored for her Akvatari form so they did end up there either way. She was beyond satisfied with their work and eager to see what they make for Savis. The immortal was well aware of how her two forms were a challenge for a sewer to deal with, but the infinite possibilities that Savis' shifting body's held will produce miserable failure or epic pieces of art.

Eager to start, though, she quit her bubbly act and handed the floor to Savis. She was happy to be back in air as soon as the doors were closed behind them, finding it difficult to drag around on her tail without damaging the rather long dress. She flew low, however, and slightly behind her companion, so she would not accidentally hurt the Nuit with her wings.

Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Savis Maren on February 14th, 2019, 12:20 am

Perhaps the good monsieur is ready for more complicated tasks. A courier is something I might find a great need for, the Nuit mused, the facade of royal speech lost in her thoughts as those silver eyes poured over the golem and wondered just how far its intelligent design could take it. The golem was capable of rudimentary learning, knowing of the places within Lhavit that she requested it to know. But could it know a place merely by description? Or would Savis need to take it there and teach it?

The intelligence of these golems astounds me. Even Ms. Tunes shows signs of higher intelligence that makes it not just tolerable, but truly a pleasure to speak to her.

Savis was plucked from her thoughts by Mauriel's words, a smile carved upon her features as the Nuit reached for the skirts of her black dress and clicked her feet together. She bent into a curtsy, nodding in acknowledgment of her words before she listened in full to the Akvatari woman's lovely encouragement. It was lovely, to delve into this fantasy, this story of the 'princess' banishing from the Nuit's thoughts the drab and the malevolent design she'd forged within herself as a mechanism of defense.

"I agree with you completely. Lady Craven is a generous host, and has seen it fit to grant me the vestments I rightfully deserve!" she said, her head tilted back as she flourished, waving her hand to show off the entirety of the tiny castle. The Nuit felt the passive clutch of aura call to her attention. Within Mauriel, the undead felt the vestiges of disappointment. Their previous meeting was a somber one, the pair of them buried in reminiscence of a life only Savis had remembered fully. The Alheas Crone was a shatterer of worlds and coming to learn that Mauriel was one and the same as that precious Vantha, Sorrell was one of the greatest revelations she'd experienced.

Not here, she said, looking around her as if seeking to find the budding intelligence of the Manor. Woefully ignorant of Madeira's machinations, the Manor heeded the Spiritist's requests and listened in on the Nuit. Savis felt in the vestiges of aura a great sadness, and she believed it to be Mauriel's as she stepped forward and took the lute from her. Slow fingers lashed at the strings, producing a loud but sorry attempt to use the instrument before she said,

"This is far better in your hands. By all means, please bring it with you," she said, keeping her expression neutral, but she did her utmost to keep her tone kind, a warmth settling into her voice before she answered the Akvatari's inquiry,

"We'll go to the Silk Palace, first. There's a specific request I have for the girls there, and then we can go find more generic, but suitably royal facades to dress her Highness up in for the meantime," she said. a grin caught onto the Nuit's features as she leaned forward, these words meant solely for Mauriel,

"I have something for you," she said. The Nuit reached for her paint kit and pulled from it her long, jet-black brush. Dabbing the hairs in the paint, she then reached up to Mauriel's face and began to brush her fingertips along her cheekbones and toward her eyes.

"I'll teach you this glyph. It'll help you with your lessons. Personal magic is more intrinsic, but to the uninitiated practitioner, understanding how to pull the djed from the depths of the soul is difficult."

Just above her eyelids, but below the brows, she created a thick black line, which swept along her features and encompassed both eyes. She left a space on each of her cheekbones before she inscribed,

"Djed." The rune was formed in a matter of moments, with a great deal of practice making it so.

"When I did this for myself, it'd take chimes of effort to form this simple Glyph. Now? I'm wiser and better, and it'd be poor form to make Lady Mauriel wait longer than needed," she said, a haughtiness pouring into her tones before she placed Mauriel in front of the mirror that encompassed Wheels' 'eye'.

"Djed. The backbone or spine. Djed is the power within all things, and the rich djed buried within our souls powers the capacity for personal magic," she reminded Mauriel, an echo of her lesson in the Bharani Library.

"You have to know it's there... you have to feel it within you and coax it from inside. Then, the glyph will bring it to your eyes. Take your time, close your eyes if you need to. Hold onto Wheels while we head towards the rest of Zintia, and allow yourself to let the world brush by the wayside," she advised the Ethaefal. Savis Maren learned Auristics in a much harsher environment, given the same Glyphs by her cruel master and then stranded in the darkness of night without a way of knowing home from not.

"You'll feel pleasure from the coaxing of djed. It's the primary sign of seeing its workings. It's different... new. A sensation indescribable because of how deeply personal one's understanding of their own djed is. Summon it forth, and let me know when you think you're ready," she said as she led the two off of the property of Infinity Manor. When at last, the two of them were alone, with no Manor to listen to their private conversation, she asked,

"Would you play for me soon, Mauriel? I'd love to hear the new inspirations on your old soul."

As Savis Maren spoke, she breached into the depths of her own soul. An unnecessary breath pulled into her lungs as she felt the surge of power rise from the core of her being and into the pools of silver. She looked closely at Mauriel, her radiant aura rising to life. She sought to observe the movement of her djed, to see how the young mage-aspirant did in her efforts to break the mould of the natural and into the sensibilities of the arcane.

Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes