Closed [The Catholicon] Routine Checkup

Saga comes in for a checkup, Gemma attends.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[The Catholicon] Routine Checkup

Postby Gemma Parker on March 15th, 2019, 8:34 pm

Spring 28th, 519av, 9 Bells

Gemma inspected the patient’s arm. She had fallen into the fire and burned her hand and arm. She also had a seared line where her arm had fallen against a roasting rod. Gemma kept her wince internal. It was horrible to see someone in this state, but at least Gemma was getting more confident with her treatment and care. She was currently praying to Rak’keli to heal the wound. She was learning that in spite of all the work she did to learn and improve her herbalism and medicine, this was the biggest value she offered to her patients and her work.

“All right, Mrs. Tum. I’ll whip something up for this and be back soon. In the mean time, I’ve prepared you an infusion that should help to reduce the pain. Go ahead and sip this over the next hour to keep the pain down. It’ll take me a little while to put together a good treatment, but when I have it ready I’ll be back, ok?” She smiled, offering condolences and hope to the patient with her eyes and expression.

With the patient now receiving the pain control infusion, Gemma headed down to her preparation room. For simple things like infusions and decoctions she was able to do most of the work in the patient’s room, but for something as complex as a cream she would need her own space to work. She got to the room and began grabbing the items she would need. She had already experimented with this particular blend at home and was confident in its potency.

She grabbed a jar of infused Vyfox oil and a container of Tulja tincture, putting them both on the workbench. She also prepared a chunk of beeswax and poured the infused oil into a double boiler which she set on the stovetop. While that was melting, she prepared the container she would be using along with the mixing implements and a little essential oil. She returned to the oil and stirred in the melting wax until it was fully mixed. She poured the hot liquid into the container she’d prepared and turned off the flame.

She now had to wait for the liquid to cool, so she had time for one or two more patients.

She hopped up the stairs two by two and headed over to the consultation room, tagging in with the doctor that was on shift. He never took breaks, and when she could, Gemma liked to take over for him to give him time to breathe.

“Hey, Dr. Yonatan. I can take the next few if you want. I’m waiting for one of my concoctions to cool.” She smiled widely as she bounced into the room, full of vitality.

“Sure, Gemma, that sounds great. How long will you be in?” He asked.

“Probably like twenty chimes or so, give or take. Just enough time for a cat nap. I’ll get you when I’m done.”

“Sure thing. Thanks, kid.”

He walked out and Gemma poked her head out of the door. Who’s next?”
Gemma Parker
Player

Words: 219685
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Saga on March 18th, 2019, 6:08 pm

The journey to Lhavit was a journey to remember. Saga was enjoying the weather that spring brought them. Walking down the streets of Lhavit looking for a clinic to go to. Wearing his nice robes, he was feeling under the weather though. He remembered the strange winter, where winter did not come. They were dealing with sticky warm weather that wasn't befitting to him.

But this was a wonderful place. Free from the military confinements of the Knights, he wanted to find a way to become a student of Towers of Respite. To increase his knowledge of magic. The dangers became relevant during his time in Riverfall, before he ventured out to become a Knight. So Lhavit seemed perfect. Magic was not shunned here. It was welcomed, and taught with a level calm unseen in the land.

To say the least he was lucky to find a place like this. But he felt during the journey overseas. That he might've contracted something from some of the boat riders. The ride was long arduous. He wanted to make sure he was devoid of sickness early, it was on his mind constantly make him paranoid.

He knew the place was called the Catholicon. It was quite breathtaking to say the least. He had seen this type of buildings back in his hometown of Riverfall. It seemed just like the right place he was looking for. He climbed up the many stairs till he reached the large burgundy doors. Then he knocked on the door, before entering. A habit he picked up from Riverfall. He walked into the Catholicon, and walked through an elaborate hallway. Very nice. It led him to central room.

The reception area. He took a seat and waited to be attended to. It wasn't long before he heard a door opened. And that was when someone poked out their head and said, "Who's next?"

Saga didn't see any other patients around at the moment. He raised a hand slowly and said "I believe it's me."
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gemma Parker on March 21st, 2019, 12:49 pm

Gemma poked her head out the door and looked around, her eyes falling on the corporeal manifestation of midnight. His skin was the darkest she had ever seen and his hair was as white as the moon. She couldn't help but raise her eyebrows in surprise, but she tried to limit her reaction to this. He stood up and even at a distance towered over her.

"I believe that's me." He said with an accent. Gemma couldn't place it, but she could tell he was not originally from Lhavit. He was clearly older than her, but without having more of his kind to compare him with, she couldn't guess his true age.

"Great! Come on in." She smiled, stepping aside to let the man into the room ahead of her.

Once they were inside, the much shorter Gemma gestured to the padded bench for the man to sit down.

"Good morning! Can I have your name, please?" She asked. She began to prepare for the exam, shifting around some of the tools Dr. Yonatan used to better suit her preferences. She would have to remember to put them back when she was done.

“So what’s the purpose of your visit today?”

OOC :
Sorry for the short post. I didn't want to go too far ahead.
Gemma Parker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Saga on March 28th, 2019, 5:34 pm

The woman who popped her head out, seemed to be the caregiver. The woman smiled and called for him to come in. She was much smaller than him, but everyone was around these parts. Even in Riverfall he stood strong and taller than most. He walked forward, making his way to her. The two made their way into the small room and she immediately began to access him.

First was his name, "I am Saga Otor. Pleased to meet you." Then she asked what was his purpose of his visit today. The woman gestured towards the bench within the room, he moved his robes out of the way and began to sit down. "I wanted to check if everything is all right. During my travel here. A long arduous journey, but there were many sick with us. A little check up was in order."
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gemma Parker on March 29th, 2019, 2:19 pm

"All right, great, let's get started!" Gemma said with a smile. He moved his robes and revealed a strongly muscled chest, making Gemma's breath catch ever so slightly. It wasn't that she was particularly "into" the ashen gray skin, but she could certainly appreciate the god of chiseling’s attention to detail when he made this man's chest and abs.

"Oh." She wanted to say that he didn't need to do that, but she figured it wouldn't hurt to keep the robes open for now, right? She would need to access his chest later to check his heart anyway... No, it probably didn't matter. And if anyone walked in, she could always jump into that part of the exam without missing a beat. Yeah. That's what she would do.

First she approached the bench and held the man's wrist between her thumb and two fingers, checking his pulse. He had confirmed that he was from out of town, but Gemma had already guessed that from the fact that she had never seen him before. There were not many people in the city that were genuinely unknown to her. Maybe some recluses and old people that didn't go out much. But most people came into the Catholicon at least a few times in their lives. That let Gemma see and meed a lot of new people, even if she didn't always remember them all. But she definitely would have remembered someone like this.

"So where did you travel here from?" She asked. "Did you manage to get here before the rains hit?" She tried to ask relevant and interesting questions while she counted out his pulse. He seemed very healthy from what she could tell.

"What are your plans here in Lhavit? I hope you didn't plan to just pass through, because from what they say, the rains will keep everyone in town for the whole season."
Gemma Parker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Saga on April 2nd, 2019, 5:50 pm

They had a doctor with prominent skills back in the giant castle in the middle of Syliras. Although he never went to the doctors, as he was usually very healthy. Eating as healthy as he could, the Knight's preferred lots of unhealthy consumptions. Such as beer and liquor, but Saga stayed away from such things and it was apparent in his physique.

She asked him a few questions on his travels while she was doing her basic check-ups on his body. "I'm coming from the city of Syliras. I am a Mage Knight of the court. I arrived just before the rains started its downfall. Fortunately. Which seems to workout, I planned to stay for a while anyways." He looked at her face with some excitement on his.

"I've come to Lhavit in hopes of becoming a better Mage. The Knight's will eventually have need of my services for more dangerous missions. Magic is treated with some fear and scorn. But not here in Lhavit. It's different here. There's no fear, but appreciation. It's not feared, its welcomed. I can get used to this." He said with a smile.
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gemma Parker on April 3rd, 2019, 2:44 pm

Gemma continued her [s]oogling[/s] inspection, bringing out a small hammer and preparing to check his reflexes. She let his response go unanswered for a few moments while she processed what he had told her. He was from Syliras, where they looked down on magic. It was hard for Gemma to imagine a culture where magic was viewed negatively, but maybe it wasn’t so different from Lhavit was now. There was all this talk about the towers, Ponrose, Elena, and more. It was all politics, but it surrounded the topic of magic. Maybe it was similar in Syliras.

“I’m going to tap this on your joints to see how your body responds, ok?” She said, getting confirmation before she continued. She did as she said, holding one strong arm and tapping against the elbow before repeating on the other. She then checked the knees.

“Good. Now push against my hands.” She held her hands up with the palms facing the dark man. If he pushed, she would test his strength, but only lightly. This was not really about strength, but about balance. If there was an injury in his shoulders or chest, this would reveal it.

“Now pull my hands.” She said, cupping her hands upward for him to grab and pull. Again, she was looking for balance.

“Now stand up and put your feet together. Close your eyes and try to balance.” She instructed, pointing to a spot on the floor for him to stand and stepping back to let him stand up.

Gemma was very interested in hearing tales from afar, and this man was from a whole different city that she had never really heard about.

“Ooh, a Mage Knight sounds pretty cool. What does that entail?” She asked as she checked his balance.

“So you left to come here and get better at magic, just so you can go back again later? Were you like, the best mage in the city or something?” She asked with a smile as she continued walking him through more exercises and tests to check all the major parts and functions of his body.
Gemma Parker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)