What Lies Beneath

Sevris is tasked to go undercover.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

What Lies Beneath

Postby Sevris on June 30th, 2019, 8:27 pm

33rd Day of Summer 519 A.V

"Sevris Lazarin. Pleasure to meet you." The young Lazarin extended a hand towards the merchant sitting down at a table. The merchant reached up with his free hand as his other had a drink already in its grasped. The young Solider was dressed nicely, with a red and gold silk outfit, a short black cape with the Lazarin emblem on the back. It hung nicely on his shoulders as he sat down in a stool chair next to the short man.

Phineas Moretti, a well known and self-made Ravokian man. Sevris was able to spy him from the entrance of the Malt House. The Soldier had been in there keeping an eye on the citizens. Trying to pick up useful information as mouths ran rampant inside of a tavern.

While he was sitting at the bar, with yet to order a drink. He was able to catch movement from his peripherals. There was a couple turn of heads as people noticed an individual enter. He peaked behind his shoulder to see Phineas walking in. Dressed as a the wealthy merchant he was, there was fine brother leather suit and black cotton pants.

A waiter walked to him quickly and pointed him to an open seat. He seemed to be a regular. Now making his presence known to Phineas. He seemed unperturbed by the sudden appearance of Sevris and even greeted him. "Phineas Moretti, the pleasure is mine. What brings you to my table." He was formal and cut him to straight to the point.

"First. Let me..." He gestured towards the waiter who was walking by. "Can I get two glasses of wine please." The waiter nodded and walked towards the bar for their order.

"Silver Slivers. You mean business alright." Phineas chimed in.

"Oh. You wanted a mug as well? Should have said something when the boy was here." Sevris sarcastically said with an arched eyebrow.

Phineas looked confused for a second before seeing Sevris's face break into smile and and they both exchanged a slight chuckle. "For now they will do. I wanted to ask you a few questions." He leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees . "As a merchant, I'm sure you have your own security team that handles your day to day."

Returning to business, Phineas leaned back and answered with a straight face. "I do. What of it?"

"Soldiers such as myself provide another more powerful blanket of protection. If there is any such need of our services. Look no further than the Stryfe. There is no enemy we can't snuff out. I'm here to extend such a service."

"You've come at a good time actually. There are many strange things going on. The Stryfe would be perfectly suited to deal with these problems." He said to Sevris. He had established a conversation with him, which was part of the course.
Last edited by Sevris on July 25th, 2019, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

What Lies Beneath

Postby Sevris on July 3rd, 2019, 2:17 am

"Ever since the escape of that Dravalak and it exploded the Merchants ring. The incident has spurred a group to start making more bold moves. Usually I would ignore fanatics as they all lead to ruin one way or another. But some of my shipments have been taking hits. My goods are being preyed upon by an unknown assailant of some sort. My caravans usually move throughout a number of locations in Ravok.

The Nitrozian Plaza is where I have most of business. But my bookkeeper has shown me irregularities in my goods. We've noticed a significant dive in some of my earnings. But there are some more obvious attempts. Caravans intercepted by masked individuals, and even a few of my warehouses have been robbed. Real shady business."

"Any leads so far?" Sevris inquired.

"No. There's no trail of any sort. I've searched thoroughly before I thought I had to involve the Black Sun and Ebonstryfe. And I trust my people, they wouldn't steal from me. I didn't want them to be targeted unfairly. This smells of someone else...something else."

Sevirs brought a hand to his chin, pondering the information given. There was a group not long ago that tried to make a stand against Rhysol. These type of organisations need money to keep them afloat. "Perhaps I can look around for you. The Stryfe will conduct an independent investigation into this matter. I'll personally lend a hand in the manner."

"Right...whats the price?" Phineas said after a questioning look. He was smart.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

What Lies Beneath

Postby Sevris on July 18th, 2019, 2:06 am

Sevris smiled as he began to notice how keen Phineas was. He knew that the young Solider was not just helping because it was his job. The waiter had returned, with a platter of drinks at hand. He picked up his cup and and Phineas reached over and did the same. The two began to sip their drink, nice and strong. It was Sevris's first time tasting this particular one.

"No price. Just that you remember the good name of Lazarin. That we are also as trustworthy as the Nitrozians." A lie of course. His price was something that materials could not buy. Information. His invitation would allow him to see how far his contacts reached. These small business he had did not allow for much exposure, so no one would notice.

But he himself was a very big business director. His influence on the Ravok community was considered to be a cornerstone. If he were to secure a straight line to him and the Lazarins, it would boost their credibility. More importantly, it would boost his network.

"No price you say." Phines's eyes narrowed as he didn't exactly buy what Sevris said. But he was a gambling man, if this solved his problem and gained him a new friend in the army. Without a single penny, that was a good deal. "Sounds like a good deal to me."

"Excellent. I will begin my investigation shortly. We will keep in contact to exchange any new information." Sevris reached a hand over the small table to Phineas.

He reached out as well and shook it. The old man laughed as they parted. "Its obvious you're new to this. But I see that you're trying. Trial and error."

Sevris smiled and raised his mug to him, "I'll only get better." They both laughed and continued their drinks.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

What Lies Beneath

Postby Sevris on July 24th, 2019, 6:06 pm

34th Day of Summer 519 A.V

The next morning was a bit hazy. The young Soldier had been left with no choice but to recover from last night. After settling a small deal with Phineas in catching whomever is stealing from him, they continued to drink. And as they drunk he released a just a tad bit more information that Sevris could use. While he was getting to the belligerent stage, he mentioned something interesting to him.

Before he said he did not believe that one of his own was behind it, but he did bring up the strange disappearance and reappearances of a certain individual that works for him. Only bringing him up because he thought it was funny how he was able to do that, and how strange it was. Sevris nodded along, being sure not drink too much so that he could retain this information.

He to found that strange, only in light of his current situation. Sevris had pressed on. "What is his name?" Trying to glean information that may be important later.

"His name is Hanes Galatos. Strange guy, but he gets the work done." Phineas had said with a grin.

Sevris got up and poured himself some wine he had saved for himself. Only thing that can cure a hangover is more alcohol. While he was taking his measured sips to cure his slight headache. He started to ponder the first step he would be taking in this investigation. Without drawing to much attention that he may be investigating his own people. The Lazarin had said he would be stopping by and asking his employees questions to help narrow down these crimes.

After finishing his glass of wine. He went to don his black officer uniform. Emblazoned with the Ebonstryfe symbol, when he was seen they know he would mean business. Then he left the comfort of his home and went do his job. This Hanes was working today moving an export of wood and other goods Phineas moved around.

It was in the Nitrozian district. Running this operation alone it would be much quicker. He went to the nearest Ravalosamen. There was particular man he wanted to talk before he got to the district. As he boarded the small boat, he greeted the man. "Well met Bedivir."

" Ser Sevris? What brings you to my neck of the waters." He answered the Soldier.

Sevris got comfortable for the ride as he sat down. "I'm on official business. Investigations into some...strange mishaps. I heard you were the man if I needed to know about...strange mishaps." He reiterated playfully.

Bedivir nodded as he understood what he was referencing too. He began to push the ravalosa into the waters and took a paddle to start rowing.

"I think I may know what you are referring too."

"A new 'friend' of mine has brought to the Stryfe's attention of someone messing with his wares. They seem to be well connected as they haven't been caught red-handed. But the stealing has been taken notice of. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that?"

"Nothing specific of that nature. However, there is something that may connect the two. There has been gatherings of a group of individuals. They frequent my boats at times. And they are always different. But there is a always three to a group. Usually cloaked with their heads down. So I cannot give you an accurate description of them."

"Where do you usually drop them off?" Sevris said sitting up in the boat. Now this information didn't exactly correlate. But maybe it did, it would be up Sevris to piece it together or not.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

What Lies Beneath

Postby Sevris on October 21st, 2019, 10:08 pm

"Its always the same area Ser. The Dark Plaza. In pairs of three, I drop them off in different parts of the Plaza. More often, its usually around the Spot." Bedviris finished. Rowing the boat they were making good way into the waters. Sevris was left with this new intelligence, and pondering what to do with it.

There was a slight advantage in this investigation, and that was the group was unaware he was looking for them. It wasn't a huge operation by the Ebonstryfe or the Black Sun. That means if someone had ears on the inside, they would be unaware of the snooping Stryfe member.

The independent move would serve to be useful in finding out who was orchestrating thing. "Alright. Thank you for the information Bedivir. It will help us in the long run. Continue what you are doing, serve Ravok and it will serve you back. In the meantime, take me to the Spot. Perhaps that's where I should start."

"Yes Ser." Bedivir did as he was told, and began to row towards the Dark Plaza. Sevris began to think what it was that was going on. It seemed that this group was indeed organized. It was probably a sham to get money out of the powerful merchants in this city.

Though it was clever, the city always had ears. Betraying the people had severe consequences. Even doing so in the presence of Rhysol, these members were bold enough to continue their actions. They would pay dearly for there forwardness. Sevris would be the one to deal it.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)