Closed The Stars Above (Dev'Ania)

Dev'Ania learns more about Zintila and what it means to be a Constellation.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

The Stars Above (Dev'Ania)

Postby Luminescence on April 14th, 2019, 6:03 pm

The Stars Above
25th of spring, 519 AV

It was, as far as the season had gone so far, a nice enough morning. It was one of the few mornings where there hadn't been any rainfall, at least yet. The morning sun was pale and watery, hidden behind passing clouds, but still shone cheerily down on the skyglass city.

For a young woman named Sela, it was the perfect morning to do her duties. Twice-marked by Zintila, she had been a Constellation since she was very young, and she loved nothing more than passing along the word of her Star Lady.

Some might say the Tenya had it easier than the other sects, but that wasn't necessarily true. In certain ways, their jobs might even be considered harder. For all that Lhavitians loved their Alvina, they were still busy people with things to do, and not many bothered to stop and listen to Sela.

That didn't bother her. She understood that it was not from malice, but simply lack of time. Most that passed her smiled or nodded, acknowledging her, and that was all she needed.

Sela stood in a corner of the Surya Plaza, speaking loudly enough that passerbys could hear her and decide if they wanted to stop, but not quite shouting.

On such a lovely morning, Dev'Ania found herself out and about, enjoying the watery sunshine; perhaps she had errands to run, or somewhere to be, or simply wanted to stretch her legs. No matter the reason, she would find herself at the Surya Plaza eventually, passing by a brunette woman speaking passionately about the Alvina of the stars.

"For she has always been kind and gracious to us, and she is our guiding light even in the worst of times," Sela continued. She smiled as she caught the eye of a Konti woman passing by, an open invitation to stop and listen and share a conversation if Dev'Ania so wished.

Regardless, Sela continued unless Dev'Ania decided to approach, at which point she would stop once she finished her sentence. "Zintila, our Lady of the Stars, has given more than we can ever comprehend for us and our safety, and it is only fitting that we give what we can in return." Once she finished, she smiled more broadly at Dev'Ania.

"Greetings," she said, warmly. "I am Sela of the Constellations. Have you come to listen and learn about our Star Lady?"
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Dev'Ania on April 22nd, 2019, 3:16 am

25th of Spring, 519 AV

After a long night of performing at work, Dev'Ania retired to her apartment at the Solar Winds. She was greeted by the purrs and rubbing of Ember between the Konti's ankles. The little kitten laid on Dev's foot, wanting to play. Dev lifted the kitten and ran her fingers along Ember's neck and chest, giving her little scratches of affection.

"Miss me, Emmy? What a good girl you are! How about a nice walk to get some fresh air?" Dev snuggled the kitten and walked over to the desk where Ember's leash was laid. She fastened the leash onto the kitten's collar and place her on the ground.

Dev'Ania found her self outside once again. She walked through the city, following behind Ember, going where ever she went. To Dev's surprise, it had not rained yet this morning. The warmth of the radiating sun was felt throughout the Konti's body as it shone down on the city. With the rare good weather of the season, the people were much busier. Dev'Ania assumed the just wanted to get as much done before the heavy rain started.

Ember had led Dev'Ania through Zintia peak until they arrived in Surya Plaza. The usual performers were there but were not gaining much of an audience. Dev'Ania took a seat on a bench to relax.

Ember stood on her hind legs, placing her paws on Dev's leg. She let out meows, wanting to be picked up. Answering her pet's calls, Dev'Ania reached down and placed Ember in her lap. It seemed like Ember had worn herself out and was ready to return home to rest.

Just as Dev was about to head back home, her attention was caught by a woman speaking. The brunette woman smiled and made eye contact with Dev as she spoke. There was a type of inviting and warm tone to the woman's voice that drew Dev closer. She spoke of Zintila, the Lady of the Stars, drawing in the curious Konti's attention even more.

The woman finished speaking and greeted Dev'Ania with another smile. "Hello. Yes, I have come to learn more about Zintila. What are the Constellations, exactly?" Dev'Ania had heard people mention the Constellations before but had never known what (or who) they were exactly. She always just assumed they were actual star constellations or just part of a native saying. It was clear that they were something more than that.
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Luminescence on July 8th, 2019, 1:55 am

Sela chuckled at the Konti's question, but not unkindly. "Am I safe to guess that you are not from Lhavit, then?" It was more of a rhetorical question than anything else, as she continued speaking without much pause for an answer.

"The Constellations are the servants of Zintila and Lhavit. We work to help our Star Lady and keep our city running smoothly. Many of us are blessed with marks of power from Zintila herself, and some of us even work alongside her directly, when it is called for."

She paused to look questioningly at Dev'Ania and then Ember as she held out a hand for the kitten to sniff. "May I?" If she was given permission, she would proceed to scratch the cat's head gently before continuing.

"There are different sections within the Constellations, and of course different ranks. But every member is valuable in their own way; we all have jobs to do and gifts to contribute. I am a part of the Tenya sect; I work alongside others to spread word and reminders of Zintila's faith."

Sela smiled at the Konti and her kitten, folding her hands in front of her as she finished her brief explanation of the Constellations. "I hope that answers your question, Miss...?" She hesitated, tilting her head curiously, as she waited for Dev'Ania to introduce herself upon realizing she hadn't caught the other woman's name yet.

"Of course, if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me! I would love nothing more than to answer them." Sela's words were enthusiastic and genuine, though they likely would have sounded sarcastic coming from anyone but the smiling brunette. "It is my job, after all!"

Suddenly, a thoughtful expression struck Sela as she peered at Dev'Ania. "Actually, say, just how new to Lhavit are you? Have you seen the Twuele yet?" A new excitement sparkled in her eyes as she clasped her hands together excitedly, waiting for the response.

With someone showing interest in what she had to say, especially someone who didn't know much about the city, Sela would much rather focus on them and teach them about Lhavit and Zintila rather than stand in the plaza and talk to the air. "I can take you now and show you around a little bit if you want," she offered Dev'Ania, regardless of her answer.

Even if she had seen it or even been inside before, Sela doubted she had done so with a Constellation as a guide. "Your kitten is more than welcome too, of course," she added with a wink and a small giggle.
Luminescence

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Dev'Ania on August 4th, 2019, 3:19 am

“No, I’m actu-” The Konti couldn’t finish her sentence before Sela began to speak again. She wasn’t from the beautiful city, just as Sela had thought. Although, in her almost three seasons, she was beginning to become acclimated with the culture of Lhavit.

The more the woman spoke of the ‘Constellations’, the more interested Dev became. These were the people who lead the city and spread the faith of the Star Lady, Zintila. The thought of one day being part of this group and serving the Star Lady invade her thoughts.

Dev’Ania nodded her head and extended the now sleeping kitten toward the woman, allowing her to pet it. Ember stayed sleeping soundly even with the noise of the busy city and with the hand of a stranger on her. Though Dev had not had ember for long, it was enough time to learn that Ember was a heavy-sleeper.

Sela had been excellent at answering most of Dev’s questions, but there were still so much she wanted to know about the Constellations. “Oh, Dev’Ania. And this is Ember, my kitten.” Dev’Ania gave Sela a bright smile as she introduced herself and Ember.

The Twuele? Dev’Ania had heard of the place but was never really sure what it was exactly, though she always assumed it was the large tower on Shinyama Peak. The city had so many buildings, she was never able to go to every one of them.

“I have never been to the Twuele. I am still trying to see all the city has to offer, but have become a bit busy in the midst of it,” Dev softly giggled, “But a tour by someone who knows the city would be amazing!”

The Konti had become even more flushed with excitement about the Constellations. Whichever way Sela would begin walking, Dev’Ania would follow beside her, rocking Ember snuggled in her arms.
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Luminescence on August 6th, 2019, 11:46 pm

Sela waited, patient but brimming with excitement, and gave an enthusiastic smile when Dev'Ania agreed. "Wonderful! Follow me, then." She began to lead the way out of the plaza, nodding in agreement to the rest of Dev'Ania's words. "It can be hard to see everything, especially since the city's spread out over the peaks. It's a lot of climbing too, if you're not used to it."

As they walked, Sela asked Dev'Ania a few questions; to anyone passing by, it would sound like polite and idle chatter, but it was clear that Sela was genuinely interested in what she was asking. Her eyes shone brightly as she spoke to Dev'Ania, glancing over at her every few moments.

"So where are you from, if not Lhavit? How long have you been here? What have you been doing? Have you enjoyed your time here?" The questions came quickly, but with enough time between them for Dev'Ania to answer as much or as little as she wanted. Sela listened to whatever the Konti had to say intently, nodding along and making noises when appropriate, all while leading the way through the winding streets and over the skyglass bridge that connected the Zintia and Shinyama peaks.

Finally, after some more idle chit-chat, with Sela pointing out shops she frequented and going on about the weather, the two women arrived at the base of the Twuele. Sela craned her head back to peer up towards the towering tip of the building, then looked over at Dev'Ania with a smile. "It's really not as intimidating as it looks, I promise," she assured the Konti with a giggle.

"Come on!" With a small hop in her step, Sela led the way through the large doors into the building. The main room wasn't overly large, the marble floors gleaming. A few benches and plants scattered the perimeter, with a receptionist's desk taking up the most space. A staircase sat at the other end of the room, and several hallways branched off from it as well. Behind the desk sat a man who glanced up when he heard the doors open, giving Sela and Dev'Ania a smile before returning to the papers in front of him.

"Welcome to the Twuele! This is where the Constellations do most of their work, as well as Aysel and Talora, and of course Zintila herself. This is the main floor," Sela said to Dev'Ania, ushering her inside. "Not a lot happens on this floor, to be honest. There's some meeting rooms and holding cells, and way in the back there are the private quarters for Constellations that wish to stay in the Twuele." She turned to Dev'Ania with a smile, clasping her hands together.

"So! Do you have anything specific you want to know? Any questions or exact interests? It's fine if not, but it will give me a good place to start! Of course I won't be able to show you everything here, but I can show you a few of the floors, maybe find some other Constellations from different sects to bother if you want." Sela giggled, winking playfully at Dev'Ania.

"I don't think I really explained before, but aside from the Tenya, the Seiza focus on law, and the Akka focus on construction." Sela explained, giving Dev'Ania a brief run-down on the sects of the Constellations, before waiting patiently but excitedly to hear what Dev'Ania wanted to know about.
Luminescence

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Dev'Ania on October 20th, 2019, 11:22 pm

Dev’Ania walked through the city with Sela, conversing with her. It was nice to be having a lovely conversation while walking through the city. Especially with someone who seemed so interested in her.

“I lived in Mura and Riverfall before coming to Lhavit and I have lived here for only two seasons, now. Much of my time is dedicated to working or spending time with this pretty kitty.” She smooched her pink lips into the small cat for at the reference of her. “I would say I have enjoyed my time here very much. I have met many people and learned so much while in this city, and along the way, I acquired a sweet, furry friend.”

It seemed like the time it took to get to the government building went by fast with all of the pair’s chatting. By no time, they had crossed the sky glass bridge and arrived in front of the towering building. The Konti was amazed to see how tall the building really was. From a distance, it looked tall, but not this tall. Pure shock stained her pale face as her eyes followed the tower above the clouds. The building reached past the clouds into the sky above as it was never-ending. It was more magnificent than any building she had ever seen.

As the doors to the large tower opened, the only word she could manage to get out was, “Wow.” The look of awe stayed on her face even as they walked inside. The lobby of the building was very pristine and neat. “Sela, this place is amazing.” She gave a warm smile and wave back to the man who sat behind what seemed to be the front desk. “I have so many questions I would like to know, but can you start by letting me know more about the Seiza? I think a good citizen of Lhavit should probably know a little about how the law of her city works.”
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes