[Verified by Solstice] Dash

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Dash

Postby Dash on September 16th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Dash

Appearance

Race: Kelvic
Caste: Avora
Birthday: 1st of Spring, 515 AV
Birthplace: Wind Reach

Appearance: In human form: Red hair, gold eyes, 5'8, 140 lbs. remaining lean with a compact musculature.
Because it's easier to change form and he runs a bit hot naturally, he prefers to go shirtless in all but the most extreme cold. His clothing is rusty reddish brown colored in a very close match to his fur color in wolf form.

Kelvic Appearance is a Red Wolf with light markings around the lips and eyes. Dash is 63 inches (160 cm) in length, stands 26 inches at the shoulder and weighs 85 lbs (39 kg.) Just think medium to large sized dog height.

Dash wears a sling for his quiver that always contains a change of clothes for in between Kelvic form. The only thing he can't fit in there is his boots.

He doesn't smile. As a Kelvic, which equates to outsider in Wind Reach, he doesn't see a need to smile. Even when he's sleeping, his appearance is always alert. Dash's gold eyes are keenly watching for movement or threats of any kind while keeping his hearing and scenting sense fully on watch. He's very cautious and on the look out for anything he considers abnormal or unusual. The key to his emotions are in how his pupils react and abrupt changes in his posture. Because Dash's nature in both Kelvic and human forms is open, he can't hide his emotions at all. If he's upset about something, he will lick lips and chew or bite them without even knowing.

Character Concept He's harsh without even knowing it. He's very defensive and one day he's gonna hurt himself jumping to (false) conclusions.
**I'd wet myself if I met him. Dash doesn't know people see him as a scary wolf even in human form. He's my lesson on how we rarely see ourselves the way others do. Dash is clueless why and how they avoid his scariness, glowing yellow eyes, growling and turning into a toothy wolf. He has no idea that it's normal to be scared of a wolf. "it's confusing why people are more scared of him sometimes because don't they know he's the exact same" personality in both forms. On his side, he only sees that he's different and ASSUMES they're rejecting his Kelvic nature. For someone with such good sight, he's blind to social cues and how he comes across. Maybe some day, someone will help him understand.

As is the case with all Kelvics, he has no regard for modesty and doesn't care in the least about nudity. Unless it reveals that he's injured in any way. Then Dash would quickly cover up with clothing.
Because his vision is based on movement, he's utterly fascinated with glass and it will often catch his attention more than someone speaking to him directly.
He's a Red Wolf Kelvic that loves hunting and tracking with a deep appreciation for nature. Dash avoids most Inarta after 4 years of being bullied and it shows in his silent hostility and reserved, lone wolf behavior. He walks with a smooth economy of movement, portraying his Kelvic nature, though he doesn't care about his looks regarding human vanity. The young Kelvic doesn't like to show any sign of physical weakness and will hide it as best he can if anything happens. Perhaps stoic is the best word.

Because wolves are digitigrade, he retains the ability to put most of his weight on his toes and the balls of his feet as he walks. Dash's sense of smell and hearing are preternaturally acute, lending a paw to his growing hunting skills. Dash is a wolf at heart and as such, he doesn't lie. He knows body language would show it so he's honest to a fault.
He tilts his head to the side when keenly interested in what someone is saying so it's innate that this wolf trait carries over into his human side. When he's nervous about something, he licks his lips in a subconscious gesture.

Dash is essentially a feral human in behavior and attitude. The young Kelvic strives to prove he is a great hunter. Although he's not the best hunter yet, it's something that holds great value to him. He has acute hearing so he's unusually quiet and reserved.

Character History
As an only child, he latched on to learning from his hunting mentor instead of focusing on being alone.
Dash is serious, very self-aware, intense and solitary, spending his free time wandering the endless-seeming Warrens in wolf form. At 4 Kelvic years old, unbonded, he stopped looking for a Bondmate altogether, turning even more introspective. He trusts no one and has a shy, reserved personality, like any other solitary wolf that never knew a dam or sire.
When not wandering the endless Warrens, you'll usually find Dash at the Stained Glass Gallery by the Avora's columns staring up at the beautiful ceiling.
Language

Fluent Language: Nari
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language:

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Hunting RB 10, SP 16, XP 26 Competent
Weapon: Shortbow SP 18, XP 18 Novice
Wilderness Survival: Forest SP 16, XP 16 Novice

Lores

Lore of Wind Reach Geography
Lore of Importance of Castes

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
Clothing is rusty reddish brown
-Bryda
-Sontav
-Katinu
-Leather ankle boots
-Short Bow 30 gm
-20 arrows 1gm

1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Glass)
-Brush (Glass)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-Quiver(Heirloom item)
Heirloom:
Quiver given to him by his hunting mentor

Housing

House:
Darniva Common rooms

Ledger

PurchaseCostTotal
Starting package+100 pinions100 pinions
Shortbow-30 pinions70 pinions
Arrows (20)-1 pinion69 pinions

Thread List

Below are current & past threads
Last edited by Dash on September 26th, 2019, 12:47 am, edited 23 times in total.
Dash
Wolf Breath

Words: 50563
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Dash

Postby Dash on September 19th, 2019, 3:30 pm

My Fall threads are listed here

3 Fall 519 AV (after midnight Dream Thread) *i dropped it. wasn't working
The Awakening of Memories

4 Fall 519 AV **2 rations & 1 new katinu, given away. in progress
Don't back down

29 Fall 519 AV *finished, turned in for grading
Hungry As A Wolf

Fall 519 AV * with Oresnya Cacao, A meeting of 2 feral creatures in WR
Fangs
Last edited by Dash on October 13th, 2019, 9:21 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Dash
Wolf Breath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Dash

Postby Dash on September 19th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Currently playing as Dash under the name Dash so as there's no confusion to other newbies like me. This will be updated accordingly.
Last edited by Dash on September 22nd, 2019, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dash
Wolf Breath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Dash

Postby Dash on September 21st, 2019, 5:09 pm

Found this in the character development questions and exactly what I need for Dash. I'll need to make a couple color adjustments if I can though. I don't know BBC codes very much at all. It's a steep learning curve but best investigated independently. **later edit, ty query for dming me a helpful tip.

Dash

Is this not the most beautiful Red Wolf face you've ever seen? Sorry it's so big. I didn't realize the size til after I put it there. I could stare at it for hours.

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Avora Dash
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Dash
3. How old are you? 4 (look 20's)
4. What is your height? 5'8
5. What is your weight? 140 lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. A strong wolf ready to up my status.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Dog, Outsider, stupid, freak
3. What is your favorite body feature? My tail
4. How physically fit are you? Very. Come at me.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? My bryda is about the same color as my reddish rusty colored fur. I can't always tell shades of blue and green apart, but I can see some color. I'm getting some glass added to my bryda at the next Market Day. Maybe I can get a wolf pattern? Glass makes everything beautiful.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother was a Kelvic falcon and don't know my father
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? No.
3. What is your extended family like? N/A
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I wouldn't know. I have neither
5. Do you treat animals like family? Animals are probably the closest idea of family I could fathom

2. Where do you live now? Wind Reach
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Wind Reach
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? What's a vacation? I like the Stained Glass Gallery
5. Where do you fear to be? In a crowd of humans.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) No. And don't insult me like that again.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Left
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Nari mostly and some Common. No I don't have an accent but I do speak a little quieter than the standard Inarta.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? No idea. If so, no one's told me. (bites or chews his lip when nervous, shakes off water and rain like a dog and tilts his head LIKE A friggen DOG when listening to something interesting, making it difficult if not impossible not to laugh at him)
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? Maybe a piercing a two on my ear. It'll shift when I do so I don't want to look stupid. On the other hand, maybe if they see a pierced wolf, they'll stop shooting arrows at my ass.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Hunter
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I live for it. It's who I am.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? An Endal
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Endal Hunters. Duh- because they're alpha hunters. They do more than anyone else.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? Dek, because they're weak.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Outsider
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I went to the Stained Glass Gallery before dawn when I was three seasons old. It was quiet and dark with very muted colors. A blink later, everything was flooded with vivid reflective stained glass in every color imaginable. It all came from a stationary solid ceiling of glass. It was immobile as a rock and yet the light and colors moved over and through it. I want to be like that. To be solid and strong, yet open enough to let the best shine through me. Glass is amazing.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? I don't think I can choose only one petching yasi moment.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? N/A
5. Who was your most influential role model? My hunting mentor

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Hunting, shortbow and a little wilderness survival.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I like learning. A lot.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Some schooling, some mentoring/apprenticeship and a bit of self exploration
4. How do you learn best? by keeping my mouth shut.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? tracking, wilderness survival and something birds.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No. Because I'm an outsider stupid freak dog to them.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? No. Because people petching suck tail burrs.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Huh? I don't understand. You want who you want.
4. Have you ever been kissed? No
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Yes, and that's none of your business you nosy shykehead. What is -wrong- with you? DekLicker!

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. I ate some overripe berries in late fall when I was two. Really weird. I couldn't walk straight and everything was spinning and I kept falling over. It made me weak and then I was sick all the next day. Never again.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? No
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? None
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? no, no thanks
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. They make you weak if you take them and weak for wanting them. If you let the want of a substance control you, you lose yourself.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Glass watching, identifying scents
2. Do you like to read? Not really
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Tired of being called a dog freak and hearing endless dog jokes
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? watching glass at the gallery
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? That no matter what I do, I will always be an outsider and that they blatantly mock and disrespect me despite my efforts at being a productive Avora Hunter. A dek gets more acceptance, trust and respect than I do. And what are they laughing at?!

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Red
2. What is your favorite time of day? sunrise and sunset
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? the glass gallery
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? Meat or anything really. I'm almost always hungry. I haven't met anything I hate to eat. It's food.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? Windy is my favorite. Thunderstorms can be loud. I don't like loud.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? pessimistic
2. What are your religious views? Priskil guides me
3. Would you be able to kill? Of course, it's natural
4. What are your views on sex? I could use more. I'm tense. But mating season's not til early spring. I should visit the Lost Sense. Went there twice-It's kinda awkward. They weren't even in heat.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Being the best provider/hunter.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? TBD in future threads.
2. What is your greatest regret? Trusting someone
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Get away from me
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? yea
3. What makes you happy? scenting, running, seeing glass in the sunlight
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I don't know
5. What makes you angry? Being called a dog, people being suddenly afraid for no reason.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No. She's in heat?
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? No. None. Never.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? Hands?
2. What is your greatest weakness? senses
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? To be a wolf all the time
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? introverted
5. Are you generally organized or messy? depends on the situation

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Priskil
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Priskil
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? no
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I don't know
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I don't know.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Using my senses, running
2. What is the best part of life? see above
3. What is the best part of death? it always serves a purpose in some way even if we don't know why
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? fighting
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? that I'm not a dog
Last edited by Dash on September 26th, 2019, 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dash
Wolf Breath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Dash

Postby Dash on September 24th, 2019, 6:17 pm

My guide on the "everybody knows" that not everybody knows. The common bits of knowledge that aren't commonly known and some that are overlooked.

**read your starting package in your instant messages at the top of the forum. READ and look at the lores on the top of the page. If AFTER READING, you still can't find your answers, *then* ask the staff.

**When making a template, always use justify as part of the formatting. that's the acceptable format in threads.

**Discord names are very confusing. What's ID'd as one thing in chat, is another in DM's and still yet another as a PC on the forum. Having up to 3 identifying names can be horribly confusing! It helps to look at the ava in discord to id them more quickly. For the forum pc name, just ask in discord.

**When in doubt, ask the staff directly for exactly what you want from them. Don't be vague. Read the lores on here first before you ask the staff for information that's already easily accessible in your im box as everyone's first message.

**The majority of the people on the forum are Millennial or Gen Z so if you're among these, you'll fit in well. Others may have a bumpy start. But all *adult* ages are welcome.

**Don't be so quick to put in an ava and sig and fifty flashing moving sparkling animated gifs. This is a writing site. Read first, then you'll know what you should write. Then you add those cute avas and custom sigs--of the right sizes.

**Like music and art, write when you're feeling something strong. Let the words flow to their natural extent without stopping for typos or grammar. Feel it, type, crank that music.

This is my newbie learning all the things on a new forum that are 'known' but not written because they are considered common knowledge. I'm sure I'll add more because I'm learning more every day. Have you seen the write up on Races? It's the place to start reading.
Dash
Wolf Breath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes