[Featured thread] [Dream] Dreaming of a Reality (Satu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

[Dream] Dreaming of a Reality (Satu)

Postby Stitch on January 9th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Stitch fell to the ground, charred and broken, coughs racking his body. Smoke curled from every bit of him, signalling just how scorched he really was. His entire body trembled with pain, and he moaned softly, every single fiber of his being screaming out in agony. What had happened? She had taken control? What determined who controlled this world, and who didn't? Who set the rules, and who broke them? If it was their world, a world created by the both of them... Then why didn't he have some kind of control too? Smashing his fist to the ground, he roared out again, but this time in anger. She was cheating! Something wasn't right here! She had just accepted him in his full fury, and had managed to beat him! He turned his glowing Djed eyes upon her, searching her blazing Aura, trying to figure out what the problem was. She was a sickening creature to look upon, but no matter where he looked, he couldn't find anything out of the ordinary! She seeped with utter power, but so did he! This was his world! Why did she-

The children? They were here?

He heard her words, and they caused time to still around him. He slowly turned his head, blazing eyes taking them in, the sudden desperation of the situation crashing down around him. The children were here. In the burning Orphanage. Why were they here? And why was the Witch beckoning them over? They came to her, and she whispered dark words into their ears, ones that transformed their innocent Auras. They looked at him differently now! She had done something to them! Suddenly, Stitch shot up, shaking his head violently, his eyes blazing brighter than they ever had before. Something was welling up inside of him, something that he couldn't contain, something that wasn't allowed to be here. He was supposed to protect himself from this place. He couldn't fail in that task! It was what he had been created for! He lunged out for one of the children, a hand outreached, his face wild with desperation. "No-!"

He warped in a split second, his charred skin shattered, and it was replaced with new skin, this new husk of a Stitch falling to the ground. A different Stitch. A Stitch who radiated love and gentleness, the Stitch who Satu had met in the very beginning. The Stitch who had loved her, just like he had loved any other, simply because she had been a part of this world. He looked confused and lost, his clothes singed, his face streaked with tears and soot. He groaned out with pain, smoke still curling from his body, his Guardian now gone, now unable to protect him from the full horror of the dream. He would remember this. He would remember everything that happened in this dream for a long time. He stared desperately at Satu, and she would be able to feel that magical gaze, frantically trying to figure out who she was. She was part of his nightmare, now. The nightmare had come full circle, and the final stages of it were playing out. Now she was just another part of it, and would be a part of it for awhile. "Who... Who are you?" Stitch whispered the words out, sounding baffled. He wasn't aware of what this place really was, anymore. He was simply dreaming, and she was simply part of it. He didn't even remember where they had first met. That place was non-existant now. "Are you...?" Satu merely led the children away, and Stitch looked on, forcing words to come out of his dried lips.

"Why are you taking them? Children?" They smiled back at him, their eyes shining with a look that was not their own. He tried to get up and follow them, but his legs refused to go. Crying out, he reached out his hand, even though he would never be able to reach. "Don't leave me! Don't take them! Why are you taking them? Who-"

Who wrote that note, Stitch?

She was filled with the taste of that infernal Game. She was here to take what he loved! She was here to do something a million times worse than what the note had promised! No!

"Don't take them from me!" Freedom echoed around the halls of the world, and Stitch helplessly fell to the ground, his strength completely gone from his weary body. "No! Don't take them! Children, don't go with her! It is a lie! She is a lie!" Tears poured down from his cheeks, and he struggled harder than ever as the woman walked off with his life.

Don't go!

Stitch awoke in his bed, his entire body on fire, his forehead screaming in pain. He woke up screaming, the children instantly rushing to his room. He would assure them it was just a bad dream, but inwardly, he was still screaming at the horrors of it. The horrors would be fresh on his mind, and they would be proof of just how badly the Game had effected him.

Who wrote that note, Stitch?
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

[Dream] Dreaming of a Reality (Satu)

Postby Gossamer on January 10th, 2011, 6:35 am

Character: Stitch
Experience: +5 Observation, +5 Rhetoric, +4 Interrogation,

Lore: Knowing Intense Love, Remembering Being Deeply In Love, Welcoming Strangers In Any Environment, Watching Beauty Be Tainted, Experiencing a Second Death of his Wife, Being Impaled in a Dream, Ignoring Common Sense and Pleading, Being Stubborn, Being Blinded by What One Wants Rather Than Reality, Being Impaled in a Dream, Loosing Control, Embracing the Darkness Within, Recognizing When You Are In A Dream And Things Aren’t Real, Being Exploited in a Dream, Having The Children Taken In A Dream And Being Afraid Thereafter of It REALLY happening.

Character: Satu
Experience: +5 Observation, +4 Persuasion, +5 Rhetoric
Lore: Observing True Love In Others, Embracing The Spirit of A Dream, Identifying Innocence, Questioning The World and The Why Of Things, Tainting Dreams, Pleading with Stubborn Men, Identifying the Truth in Dreams, Saving Someone who Doesn’t Want Saved, Finding Resolve, Gathering Courage, Standing Up For Yourself, Speaking Reason, Having A Set Of Values And Sticking To Them, Embracing the Goodness Within, Recognizing When You Are In A Dream And Things Aren’t Real, Identifying Someone’s Vulnerability

Additional Note: I realize this is just a dream thread but I have to tell you I was very impressed on your use of the Chevena and Chavi. You both seemed to really understand both the way we have dreams and people’s histories recorded in the game. I was grateful to get to read this thread. It was lovely, and because it was so well written I think its changed my mind about dream threads and the awarding of XP due to activity within those types of threads. I sometimes try to run Mizahar as reality, and in doing so I loose the fantastical aspect of the game. I think threads like this are truly fantastic and have a the ability to get certain kinds of XP. I did not award combat XP since the physical actions required of combat did not happen in reality, but I did give all the toher skills I thought the thread warranted because they can be practiced and trained silently as well as in reality so while it wasn’t REAL in the sense that it was a DREAM, the practice of both speaking, observing, and even trying to persuade someone is very real even if its only in your mind.

In addition…..

IF Satu and Stitch MEET IN GAME FACE TO FACE they will immediately RECOGNIZE each other and definitely remember every aspect of the Dream.

Like always, if you want changes or have questions, feel free to PM me.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous