Solo Girl's Day in the Sun

Swimming, Sunburn, and Female Bonding

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Girl's Day in the Sun

Postby Selene Curare on May 30th, 2020, 10:46 pm

[quote="Selene Curare"]
Spring 63rd 520 AV

Selene and Pelly were on edge with each other the previous evening so Selene had gotten up early to cut some fruit for the Svefra and when Crane had begun to fuss Selene had taken him out on the deck to play so Pelly could sleep in a little longer. When Pelly awoke she silently fed the babe while munching on some mangoes and bananas.

“So Juli and I thought it would be nice to have a girl’s day at the beach today. Would you want to come? I thought it might be a nice day off from Crane and the two of us could relax with some of the Sykans.” Selene offered a peace fig.

“You know, if you wanted to make up for being so selfish yesterday you could offer to watch Crane for the day while I have a day with my family – but no, you suggest a day where we both get to relax.”

Selene tilted her head in faux confusion Why do I have to do an act of service when my idea can mean we enjoy the day together, “It’s only making up for yesterday if I have to suffer?”

Pelly gasped and glowered at Selene. Hurt made her eyes wet and her lips tremble in a classic pout that threatened to make Selene roll her eyes. This girl might be my best friend, but she knows I didn’t mean it that way. She just wants to play the victim “So taking care of my son is suffering?”

“No Pelly, that isn’t what I meant, and you know it. I love Crane as if he were my own. I just, I thought we could enjoy a day together hanging out with some other women from Syka. I mean, wouldn’t it be nice to spend a day together. Like we did on the journey here?” Selene fumbled, knowing her error might not be so easily remedied.

“Yeah sure Selene. Sure. I’ll just go drop Crane off with the other Oceangems for the day and meet you there.” Pelly said quietly, bringing a mango slice to her lips.

“Great!” That was easier than I thought, I’m lucky she’s such an understanding gem. Selene plopped a kiss on Crane’s forehead and one on Pelly’s foreheard. “You’re a sweetheart. I can’t wait to spend the day in the sun with you and the other women. You’ll adore Juli, she’s this electric intelligent business typhoon and Rainmere is a character. She was the woman dancing at the barbeque. She speaks with the most bizarre flair. She says things like dahling.” Selene gushed, ignorant of the thoughtlessness as she donned her loose dress and headscarf, her hair loose over her shoulders and down her back.

“They sound amazing.” Pelly replied dully, commenting on Selene’s appearance when she turned to leave, “I’ve never seen you with your hair down before.”

“Oh yeah, Juli said the bun looked severe and since I’m not weaving I thought it would be a nice change. Do you like it?”

“I like it better in a bun. Or a braid.” Pelly informed her petulantly.

“Oh.” Selene replied, confused by the unusual seriousness and lack of mirth in the woman’s eyes. “Okay, I guess it is a little too wild this way, I’ll probably get frustrated with it.” She accepted, tying her hair up in a careful chignon. “See you soon!” She waved at Pelly as she slipped out of the door and down to the beach.

Pelly must still be upset with me about yesterday. She’ll have so much fun today, she’ll forget all about yesterday. She’s right I should have helped her clean up, especially after last night’s tension with Ardein. She’s obviously intent on staying here with me…that’s a big sacrifice. I should try and show her my appreciation a little more. She mulled as she tripped her way across the beach to the Tidepool Bar where they had agreed to meet.

Word Count: 658
**Template credit to Lumi**
Selene Curare
Player

Words: 55555
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2020, 12:05 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Girl's Day in the Sun

Postby Selene Curare on May 30th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Spring 63rd 520 AV

She spotted the Juli’s salamander slender form quickly and waved. Holding her stomach, she eased into the large multi-person hammock the three women were draped in. Her leg caught slightly in the netting and she had to carefully keep her wooden stump pointed upwards as she slid into the net on her ass.

“Graceful as always Selene, I thought Symenestra were supposed to be elegant.” Juli’s pink tongue peeked out between her lips and the two other women chuckled.

“Pleasure,” Rainmere greeted with batty eyelashes. She was the same curvaceous little chestnut of a woman Selene remembered from the barbeque. She was bedazzled with rings and a shimmering fabric bikini. Hoops dangled from her ears and her hair was pulled into a ponytail. This girl oozes sex and effortless grace Of all the women she was perched delicately on the wooden edge of the hammock, her arms outspread and hooked on the wooden horizontal brace her legs draped over each other, extended outwards to lengthen her body.

“It’s lovely to meet you, I’m sorry I missed your barbeque.” The woman who was presumably Uta offered a loose hand. Her face was heart shaped with perfectly delicate features that reminded Selene of flower petals. Her hair was white until it met her cheekbones and then died a dark brunette. It was cut severely, but hung in front of her face perpetually.

“Uta, I presume? I’m Selene.” Selene greeted.

“Yes, Uta Lavin, at your acquaintance.” She spoke in a high regal way that Selene found sophisticated and bold.

Quite a group of women. Juli Chaliva the bold independent whirlwind, Rainmere the sexy poised…well I guess we’ll see if she’s a lamb, a dove, or something else entirely. Uta Lavin the sophisticate.

“I hope I haven’t kept you waiting too long,” Selene queried as she took a glass of iced tea offered to her by Juli.

Tucking a strand of long brunette behind her ear, Juli piped, “We’ve been here since before dawn. Watching the pink sunrise is a special delight when we can catch it. But, no worries, you have a young one at home I hear, and it must be exhausting growing that one?” Her chin pointed at her stomach.

“Oh, is this your second?” Uta queried politely.

“Oh no, I presume the little one you’re talking about it Pelican Oceangem’s child Crane. Pelly is staying with me, helping out while I get settled and all. It’s tough to get settled in a new place so pregnant.” She shot a glance at Juli, thinking before speaking. Oh dear, she’ll think I’m making excuses. I can’t give anyone else a reason to react like Tony and think I’m not capable of carrying my weight here. The accidental joke made her laugh internally, distracted from her thought process momentarily.

“Oh I can only imagine. If you’re having any heartburn or issues you should go to the Panacea. Jansen, the healer, is a wonder with pregnancies.” Uta sympathized.

“Oh no, I’m doing alright. Besides, weaving is a largely stationary trade so I can get a lot done even in this state.” Selene rushed, glancing at Juli. The three ladies exchanged looks Selene couldn't understand.

Word Count: 530
Last edited by Selene Curare on May 30th, 2020, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selene Curare
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Girl's Day in the Sun

Postby Selene Curare on May 30th, 2020, 10:49 pm

Spring 63rd 520 AV

“Enough. Enough. Of this baby talk.” Rainmere waved her hand as if batting away pesky mosquitoes. Selene gratefully sipped her cool iced tea and shot Juli a grateful smile. “The heat is going to get the better of us if we don’t cool down in the water soon. Come on little fishies. Let’s splish and splash.” She encouraged, pushing herself off the edge of the large net and making the hammock swing precariously so that all four women fell into the water.

Selene squealed, dropping her glass as she grabbed at the net frantically. Not knowing how to swim she was terrified of landing in the water, and even as the net hung upside down now Selene hung by her toes and nails from the net, her back and stomach submerged in the close-by water. Her fingers and toes were curled around the rope net, skin reaching out to cling to the fibrous material with terror induced enthusiasm. Looking to her left and right Selene saw the three women around her standing chest deep in the water and staring at her.
Juli started the circle of laughter, before it was quickly picked up by Rainmere and Uta.

“Uhm, can you, can you help me down? I think someone needs to undo my…stump….” Selene groaned mortified. While Juli held her in the water with one arm under her shoulders and the other under her back Uta went to the wooden stump that was tangled in the rope and carefully extricated the tangled limb.

Supporting the light Sym, helped by the buoyancy of the water, Juli pulled Selene free and helped her stand. Arms wrapped around the slightly thicker nude form Selene slowly got her foot and stump under her. Her lavender dress floated in the water around her waist, drenched.

“Help?” Selene looked up at Juli through her lashes, the woman’s fingers bringing goosebumps to the Syms flesh. Who would have though a human could be so beautiful, She wondered as the young woman helped her pull the drenched fabric over her head and throw it up on the deck.

Rainmere was the only one wearing a bathing suit, a chance for more sparkles? Selene guessed as even Uta threw her soaked clothes onto the deck.
Selene followed the three women into deeper water, but hesitated when three began paddling into deeper water. Juli stopped, and looked over her shoulder.

“Coming?”

“I can’t actually swim,” Selene admitted.

“Oh, no worries, I can show you,” Juli tucked loose strands behind her ears before paddling back to Selene and taking both of her hands to hold her head above the water and laid on her back, only her neck breaking the top of the water.

“Now you just have to kick your legs up and down,” Juli explained pulling on Selene’s arms and bringing her out to deeper water. Selene could feel the water moving underneath her from Juli’s legs propelling them forward. Selene tried to follow her directions, pumping her legs and rocking back and forth with the effort.

“Relax, I gotcha,” Juli encouraged and Selene slowed her kicks, enjoying the buoyancy of the water. She was completely focused on the brunette and swimming that she didn’t notice the bobbing curly blond on her right until she spoke up.

“Peek a boo!” Pelly whistled at her to draw her attention.

Word Count: 558
Selene Curare
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Girl's Day in the Sun

Postby Selene Curare on May 31st, 2020, 4:58 am

Spring 63rd 520 AV

Breast-stroking Pelly caught up the women swiftly, her muscular chest diving and propelling her body forward easily. She disappeared beneath the water again only to reappear beside the two women. Rainmere and Uta were far ahead of the three and had stopped to wait for them to catch up.

“I can take over,” Pelly offered, and shifted in the water to take Selene’s hands without waiting for Juli’s reply.

“Sure! Uta and Rainmere are just up ahead,” She pointed them out to Pelly before squeaking away from the duo with two easy strokes. Selene held Pelly hands carefully, and as tightly as she dared.

“I’m glad you came! I hope Crane wasn’t fussy handing him over,”

“No kidding, looks like you needed me. Crane was his usual easy self.” Pelly smiled at Selene as she laid on her back in the water propelling herself with just as her legs as Juli had and allowing Selene to kick herself forward. Pelly’s tension had melted into the water and the two friends reveled in the cool water with their usual ease together.

“What do you think of the women?” Pelly asked as they stared to near the group, glancing over her shoulder.

“They’re nice. Rainmere is a happy-go-lucky kind of girl. Uta seems the most serious and proper of the three. I think they’ll make great friends for us,” Selene added the last part in a last minute inspired whim and was delighted when Pelly’s face shone back at her. They approached the other three women who were bobbing in the water, gabbing about furniture.

They moved their arms in large arcs around them, bobbing in the water. Pelly settled Selene in the circle, wrapping a hand around her ribcage and whispering to her so as not to disrupt the conversation, “So extend you other hand and move it back and forth, when your hand goes backwards angle your palm in the opposite direction. No, no, the other way.” She showed her with her other hand as the palm angled to move against the water with each sweep.

“This way you have a large surface area moving against the water that helps you move more water and keep you up. Yeah, just like that.” Selene had extended her hand and passed it back and forth. With her palm braced against the water with each sweep she instantly noticed that she got more propulsion.

“Now kick with your feet, back and forth with straight legs,” Selene nodded and straightened both legs as much as possible. While she felt the water move against her one leg easily her other leg cut through the water more easily without the substance of the whole leg to block the water.

“You’ll have to compensate for that,” Pelly nodded, “use your arms more, there you go. That’s fluttering.” Slowly she let go of the Sym’s ribcage and floated behind her placing her hands under the Sym’s armpits to give her support, but intermittently pulled her arms away to let the Sym try and keep herself up for a few bobs. Supporting her after each few bobs when she started to sink again.

This could be terrifying, not being able to touch the ground. But, Pelly is a petching good teacher. I feel remarkably safe and supported. She’s explaining everything so clearly. Selene was delightfully surprised by Pelly’s authoritative and clear descriptions. She knew the woman to be a supportive encouraging teacher – but not this type of clarity of authority.

Finally, the Sym felt she had a handle on fluttering enough with Pelly’s support to listen in on the conversation.

“I mean, the housing is nothing like Syliras. Syliras is a fortress, so most everyone lives in apartments with no windows. The housing is tight and small with minimal furniture. You don’t have anything like the breezy openness you have in Syka.” Uta explained.

“I find the structures a touch indelicate, but what I love is the open spaces. I mean, you can spin and dance in pretty much every structure here. Then dahling dear, you just throw a little room divider up in there and it’s gorgeous and colourful and you have two rooms.” Rainmere offered, gesturing wildly.

“Yeah, it’s only too bad we don’t have any really wonderful Sykan styled designs for sale. We have some solid coloured Isuas and some Riverfall styled fabrics. But nothing yet that’s Sykan inspired.” Juli looked at Selene meaningfully. What does she want me to say?

“What a room divider?” Selene offered, trying to follow the conversation.

“Oh dearie, a room divider is this rectangular frame taller than a usual person. It’s on hinges, so it can collapse into a flat stack or extend like an accordion. It has fabric or wood slates in it and it’s a way to divide a space up with flexibility or without having to build a wall.” Rainmere explained.

Word Count: 813
Selene Curare
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets