[Note by Luminescence] Samson Talon (Knives)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Samson Talon (Knives)

Postby Samson Talon on June 4th, 2020, 10:39 pm

Samson Talon (Knives)

Appearance

Race: Kelvic
Birthday: 515, Winter 7th
Birthplace: Lhavit

Under the many layers of grime and dirt Knives is a handsome young man. His short self-barbered black hair sticks out like a hanging fern you find in a common Lhavitian home and his black beard like an overgrown vine plant. He has pale white skin and bushy eye brows that hide beneath them a pair of kind, brown bird-like eyes. Saggy old cloths and sharp talon-like nails hanging on top of gnarled fingers and a hunching posture are caused by being continuously crouched on the side of the road whittling bird figurines.

Character Concept

After the passing of his parents Knives has lost his desire for earthly possessions. Selling his family home Knives decided to live on the streets of Lhavit as a homeless orphan to come closer to his ideal to be "as free as a bird". Knives now spends most of his day whittling tiny bird figures to sell to by-passers, bird watching, meeting new people, scavenging for nourishment, looking for shelter for the night and flying freely in his Cinereous Vulture form that to the mountain region.

Knives is a kind and loving. Making new friends and acquiring knowledge drives his day to day life.

Character History

Born to a good home in Lhavit, Knives's parents were renowned herbalists in the city. On his 1st birthday Knives returned home from a friendly occasion to a horrific scene that scarred him forever; his parents laying breathless and bloody on the kitchen floor. The Shinyas and Lhavit's top investigators could not find any evidence as to how they died or who's to blame for Knives's misfortune. Only a few people know Knives real name as he earned his nickname on the street for the many whittling knifes he uses to carve his figurines.

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Busking 14 10 Novice
Carving 26 10 Competent
Escape Artist 10 10 Novice
Foraging 10RB 10 Novice

Lores

Lore of Pycon Maturation
Lore of Lhavitian Birds

Possessions

-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Kina

Heirloom: Golden ring of the Family Symbol

Housing

House: Street

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 Kina 100 Kina
Housing Cash-in +500 Kina 600 Kina

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Last edited by Samson Talon on June 5th, 2020, 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Samson Talon
Just Wing It

Words: 868
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Knives

Postby Gossamer on June 5th, 2020, 3:03 am

Hi there.

This name violates our Name Policy which you agreed to by joining this website and agreeing to our ToU and Rules. Please select a proper name and use it. Knives is a plural noun. We do not allow these sorts of names on our site.

I appreciate that you are trying to conform, but your account name MUST be your actual character name and not a nickname. Your CS must be titled your character name. Knives is a nickname and not a proper character name.

Thank you.

Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Samson Talon (Knives)

Postby Luminescence on June 5th, 2020, 4:28 am

Let me shed some light on the situation

Welcome to Miz, Samson! I'm Luminescence, and I'm here to help. I notice you've changed your name per Gossamer's intervention, which is great; however, there are a few other things in your CS that need to be fixed before you continue.

*Your race & appearance: I know that you mention it in your concept, but I would recommend listing by your race, perhaps in brackets, what type of Kelvic Samson is, ie what his animal form is.

I also highly encourage you to write up a physical description for his animal form, even if it's brief.

*Your age: It is currently summer 520 AV; if Samson was born in winter 515 AV, that would make him 4, not 2. Please adjust either his age or birthday accordingly.

*Your history: I encourage you to expand on your history a little bit; I understand that Samson is young and his parents were killed when he was young, but you do need to at the very least explain where he learned his skills.

*Your skills: Please denote your starting package skills as SP the way you denoted your racial bonus as RB. Also, your total column is off; all of them say 10.

Also, I'm not sure that you meant to take Busking as a skill; that involves performing for coin, and so is usually accompanied by some sort of performance or entertainment skill, and you haven't taken any. Begging would be more appropriate.

*Your lores: Where would Samson have learned a lore of Pycon maturation? I've seen the Pycon's CS and understand you two plan on starting to RP with your PC's knowing each other, but in that case, you need to explain this at least briefly in your history.

*Your possessions: Please choose a cloak OR coat.

*Your housing: Homelessness is not allowed in Lhavit. You have to choose somewhere to live. Your options for permanent housing include a cottage on the Okomo Estates, which come with a garden, or an apartment in the Solar Winds. Alternatively, you can keep your cashed-in money, and rent seasonally from either the Solar Winds or from the Shooting Star Inn.

Once you've made the above corrections, let me know and I'll remove this intervention. Otherwise, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to either PM me or find me in our Discord chat!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)