OOC Info Summer 520 AV Calendar

The events occurring in Lhavit this summer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Summer 520 AV Calendar

Postby Luminescence on June 8th, 2020, 2:46 am

Summer starts out hot and sunny, though it isn't too long before the skies darken and storms take over the season. Aside from rattling thunder and the occasional strike of lightning that causes unease or even some damage, the season seems mostly uneventful; Lhavitians continue their lives as normal, partying when they can, though there is talk going around throughout the season of strange dreams and nightmares that seem to be plaguing a noticeable number of citizens. A strange coincidence and nothing more, most likely.

Overview of Season Events

☼ Daytime Event - ☾ Nighttime Event
☆ Moderated/Prompted Event

1st: The Watchtowers flare yellow, signalling the end of spring and the arrival of summer.

8th: A party takes place at the Obsidian Club to celebrate the lengthy summer days, and drinks are discounted by 25%.

20th: The Crone's shack which has sat empty and visible since her death has suddenly vanished; rumours begin flying of who or what could be responsible.

☼ 25th: The Crone's shack reappears, with an androgynous Myrian woman having taken up residence along with the title of being the Alheas Crone; she claims to have been friends with the previous Crone, and has taken up her mantle. NPC info will be added to the Shack location shortly

33rd: A not insignificant amount of people begin complaining about strange dreams and nightmares.

52nd: The hot summer weather takes a sudden sharp turn, with the heat melting into humidity as rolling thunderstorms take over the sky. The rest of the season is humid, cloudy, and rainy, with the majority of days featuring a thunderstorm and lightning.

☾ 60th: A particularly bad thunderstorm rolls in, and lightning strikes the skyglass bridge spanning between the Zintia and the Shinyama peaks, resulting in deafening noise and an intense lightshow. It occurs just after the start of the dawn rest, so there are minimal casualties; however, a handful of people are taken to the Catholicon with injuries, and two people who were walking the bridge are killed. Those around who witnessed the event are shaken; the bridge, while in need of a few minor repairs to the exterior, continues holding strong.

61st: The Constellations quickly set to work repairing the damaged bridge, and are done before the end of the day.

☾ 85th: The Spinning Glimmers take advantage of the atmospheric thunderstorms; on a night with minimal rain but intense thunder and lightning, they rent out the entire Surya Plaza and put on an intense fire-dancing show with the storm as their backdrop. Admission costs 2 kina for children, and 5 kina for adults.

OOC Info

You might notice that there are no modded threads or events on the calendar this season; I do have one in mind. However, it's going to be rather tailored to those who participate. I can't give you all much information on it without spoiling things, so if you're interested, you are going into this slightly blind.

If you want to partake in the event I have planned, please post to my office. I'm setting a sign-up deadline of June 21st. That's two weeks for you to decide if you're interested and to let me know; the reason I'm setting a deadline is because there may be smaller things throughout the season that have to do with the event I have planned that will need to be done, as well as due to the fact that I will be personalizing this event somewhat to the PCs that participate. The only potential exception to this rule is if you're a player who joins Lhavit after this date, in which case if you're interested, PM me and we can discuss it. There's no limit to the number of PCs who can participate.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or message me on Discord. :) I really hope that some of you bite for this event, because I'm fairly excited for it.

Weather Throughout the Season

The summer starts off strong and hot, with temperatures soaring well past what most Lhavitians are used to, even in recent years. The sky remains cloudless, making the heat of the sun unbearable and inescapable; many Lhavitians opt out of the layers so commonly seen in the city's fashion. Those that keep their layers make them as light and sheer as possible; short sleeves and hemlines become all the rage. The weather takes a sudden drastic turn around halfway through the season, with unending thunderstorms and heavy rain taking up the remainder of the summer, and the dry heat replaced with humidity.

Seasonal Challenges

Complete 6 of these challenges to earn Lhavit's Seasonal Medal. A maximum of 3 challenges can be completed in a single thread, and if doing multiple challenges in a thread each one should consist of at least 800 words; that is, threads containing 2 challenges should be a minimum of 1,600 words, and threads containing 3 challenges should be a minimum of 2,400 words. Single challenge threads should be a minimum of 1,000 words. If you have completed the challenges, then post them to my office with links to the threads.

✧Have a strange dream or a nightmare

✧Experience a nearby lightning strike during a thunderstorm

✧Earn 5 XP in a skill that starts with either the letter 'D' or 'M'

✧Take drugs and have a strange experience or hallucination with another PC

✧Tell a lie with another PC

✧Get your fortune told by the new Alheas Crone

✧Choose another PC from the registry; find a skill that they have at least 10 XP in that you don't know, and earn 5 XP in it

✧Meet someone of a race that your PC hasn't yet encountered

✧Go sleepwalking or find someone who is sleepwalking with another PC

✧Have your PC experience sleep paralysis
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)