[Note by Luminescence] Forobiath

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Forobiath

Postby Forobiath on June 29th, 2020, 3:15 am

Forobiath

Appearance

Race: Akalak
Birthday: Spring 24, 491
Birthplace: Riverfall

Appearance: Forobiath’s looks are true to Akalak ideals. At 6’11” (though he insists he’s 7’0”), he meets the gaze of his brothers with pale blue eyes set deep in deep, cobalt skin. The boy has a rather round head balancing above shoulders, hips, and a stance all wide even in Akalak standards. He is bulky and muscular, but in a way more similar to a bull or cow rather than a horse. Forobiath has long dark braids that drip over his elbows, and does his best to stay clean.

Character Concept

Forobiath is not weak, stupid, or shy, though he may often come off as it. Rather, Forobiath has lived the last fourteen years of his life with a deep, deep fear of his “dark brother,” the Biath to his Foro, a very loud, scathing, and turbulent soul. Foro tends to overthink and over-prepare so as not to wake the typically dormant dark brother. Foro, young and foolish, now attempts to navigate the Rite of Passage and his father’s undying wish to become Exalted. Simply, Forobiath is a worrier built like a warrior doing his best to not let his family name die.

Character History

Forobiath, son of Forociad Arabitis (the last of his name) and a human mother who gained the status of “late” mother just as Forobiath entered the world, has not left Riverwood since his birth, save for his Rite of Trials and a few haunting hunting parties. Throughout his youngest years, Forobiath showed prowess for caring for animals with a great strength and the ability to trade that strength for tenderness when needed. The boy was quiet and stoic until his Rite of Passage, in which the late bloomer witnessed the death of a close friend at the hands of a Glassbeak and a poorly controlled dark brother. Thus, a much more worrisome, hand-wringing Forobiath tumbled into the light personality, fearing the day when the late dark would wake up. Today, Forobiath is doing his best to both meet and quiet the loud dark brother whom he has only had a few years to know, all the while trying to appease his father with a career animal handling, the promise of a future grandson, and passing his next Rite.

Language

Fluent Language: Tukant
Basic Language: Common

Skills

Please list skills in alphabetical order by competency

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Animal Handling 20 SP 20 Novice
Unarmed Combat 10 SP 10 Novice
Dagger 10 SP 10 Novice
Medicine 5 SP 5 Novice
Geological Identification 5 SP 5 Novice

Lores
Lore of Akalak Culture
Lore of Rite of Manhood

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing (Colorful)
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: a beaded tapestry of tiny, hand-arranged gem beads of varying colors. Made and passed on by a hopeful ancestor, and added onto by his descendants.

Housing

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List

To come.
Forobiath
Player

Words: 1019
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2020, 2:51 am
Race: Akalak

Forobiath

Postby Luminescence on June 29th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Let me shed some light on the situation

Welcome to Miz, Forobiath! I'm Luminescence, and I'm here to help. Your CS looks good so far, there are just a few things that need to be fixed before you continue.

*Your history: A small typo most likely, but I believe you mean 'Riverfall', not 'Riverwood'.

*Your skills: Please organize your skills alphabetically, and then further by competency if you so choose. You seem to be missing your racial bonus (denoted as RB); as an Akalak, you get +10 RB to Unarmed Combat. Also, 'Geological Identification' is not a skill; you can either replace this with Geology or Land Navigation depending on what you were trying to go for.

A small detail, but the Animal Handling skill is typically referred to as Animal Husbandry. Whichever you choose to label it as, be mindful that they are one and the same, so moving forward when you gain skill points in either it is all going towards the same single skill.

*Your possessions: Please choose a cloak OR coat.

*Your heirloom: What size is this tapestry, and what specific gems is it made up of? Just based on the description you have, it sounds like it might be too expensive to have as an heirloom. Heirlooms are a single item worth up to a maximum of 50 GM. You can find a list of gems and their prices here.

*General: Don't forget to link your CS to your profile! You can do so through the User Control Panel.

Once you've made the above corrections, let me know and I'll remove this intervention. Otherwise, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to either PM me or find me in chat!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)