The trouble with chance Part 2 (Gael)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The trouble with chance Part 2 (Gael)

Postby Reed on July 9th, 2020, 8:09 pm

Reed took a seat as Gael started to talk about kelvics, paying careful attention to his words. They were a lot more complicated that he had thought. He supposed that was only natural for a man who could exchange to forms whenever he wanted. In a way it was like learning about his mother, what her life had been like before he came into the world. Why she had never escaped. Though that was less hard to figure for a man that never recognized his shackles until the knights broke them. Maybe she had been born a slave too, and never had known any different. Did that make his father a slaver? He felt a spasm of hatred for the man he’d never met.

I suppose that’s a kindness then, that you don’t feel pain when you shift. My mind had it being a far more, involved process.” Reed said, searching for the right words. He didn’t want to comment on the other parts. The dark history of Gael’s people because he didn’t want to dwell on such things. It made him want to do things, actions he was incapable of and dissuaded against when he had mentioned as much to Kaer. It was healthier to focus on the good he could do here than the bad he could do elsewhere. Besides, he was rather enjoying his training so far.

When Gael asked about Akalaks, Reed sat back looking perplexed. “To be honest, I’m still learning about them myself, which sounds odd I know. I’ve always known how see the light that comes from the heat of things. Everything else though is all so new to me.” Reed said trailing off. He was thinking about Merdem of course, and Kaer’s advice to keep quiet about his twin soul. It was apparently a secret all Akalak kept, which made sense to Reed. If people knew you harbored another person within you that might take over at any time, well that was problematic for a number of reasons. Before he could decide to share that, little Nikali spoke from her position on the bed. “He’s also got a brother that he hides inside.

Reed stood up and turned to her, narrowing his eyes. The statue just stuck his tongue out at him before continuing to looking back to Gael. “Akalak’s are a bit sensitive about that, so tread carefully” She shrugged, favoring them both with a sidelong glance while she paced across the bed. Rolling his eyes, Reed nodded. “That too, but I know even less about that then I do about Akalak history. I know he’s there, and sometimes he comes to the fore, though that is not something you have to worry about now. I’ve got him well contained.” He said before trying to change the subject back to the pits.

Probably better that way, the crowd there is more than a bit rowdy when the blood gets flowing.” Reed said solemnly, taking back his seat to rest his chin in his hand while he looked up at Gael. He sat up straighter at Gael’s suggestion though, as he considered what that might look like. “Sure, though I’m not sure the lady deserves a story.” Reed said clucking his tongue at the statuette before facing Gael. Little Nikali threw something at him that missed and skittered against the floor. He just shook his head. What a crazy situation he had found himself in, suddenly bonded with a statuette harassing him. At least the little statue settled down after that to watch Gael, probably eager for the story to come while Reed leaned forward intent on seeing the change first hand.
Reed
Player

Words: 112495
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2019, 6:47 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous