[silver sliver tavern]There will be Brawl! (open for all)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on January 17th, 2011, 5:38 pm

"Hey, don't you ignore me!" Aello screamed at Dervish from the top of the table, stomping her right foot as loudly as she could on the wood. It made a loud thud, but the noise was mainly lost in the chaos and the noise created by the crowd that seemed to be, at this point, fleeing the bar and the impending brawl. "I'm talking to you!" Aello hollered at the man's back, her face growing red, her hands balling into tiny fists as her efforts continued to receive no real response. That was enough Aello thought, she'd teach him not to ignore her.

Aello took one step closer to the edge of the table before she pushed off the edge with her right foot, and sprang up with the left. Aello leapt from the table-top and was heading in the direction of Dervish, Roman, and the barmaid. Her arms were flailing out in all directions, her legs were kicking back and forth, as though she were running a marathon through the air. Her mouth was wide open, her pearly white teeth exposed, as though she were yelling her own version of a battle cry, except no words passed her lips. Aello's brown eyes were wide, and growing wider and wider with each passing moment that she spent suspended in the thick bar air, kicking her legs out, and flailing her arms. It seemed like everything was in slow motion, the movements of the bar, the noises, the people she intended to fight. Everything was going by very very slowly, until she made impact.

Aello crashed into Dervish, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck, her legs hanging in the air, before she brought them up, and wrapped them around his legs. It must have appeared as though she had climbed on his back for a piggy back ride. Except her arms were choking him, instead of resting along his back, her hands resting on his shoulders.

Aello's right arm was leaning against Dervish's Adam's apple, her left hand was clutching her right elbow, and pushing it into Dervish's neck. She was pushing against his neck with all of her might, as she breathed into his neck, and her breath came in and out faster and faster, and less and less often. Her heart was pounding against her tiny rib cage, and Aello couldn't help but wonder if Dervish could feel it against his back. As she whispered, "ignoring people, isn't very polite you know," through gritted teeth, a twisted smile creeping across her face. Her eyes were flashing, this was all fun and games after all, surely no one would get hurt in a bar brawl.

OOCSorry this took so long guys, I was totally confused with the posting order >.< So now I propose this new posting order: Cassandra, Murmur, Dervish, Me, Roman... hope that's ok >.<
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Roman on January 17th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Roman's eyes widened as the barmaid said that they didn't have any bouncers, they widened even further when the man stormed towards him despite the attempts off the barmaid behind him to calm him down. Not able nor willing to back down because of the barmaid that was hiding behind him and not willing to let a woman take the hit for him Roman just gathered all his courage and Stormed forward shoulder first, hoping that his weight and height
would give him an advantage to the man.
Luckely for him though he got a helping hand from the women who was standing on the table, she jumped at dervish and grabbed onto his making him a bit wobbly on his feet from the impact.
Roman slammed into him throwing all of them to the ground and probably crushing the woman that was hanging on the back of the man beneath their combined weight.
Roman quickly got his bearings together and pushed himself a bit more upright hoping to get the man's smell out of his nose. While also silently praying that the woman on the bottom of the pile wouldn't be crushed as flat as a miza.
Hoping to get the wild man out of the fight he had to temporally ignore that the woman was under neath the man and tried to ram his fist into Dervish's face.
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on January 17th, 2011, 11:58 pm

"Oh, thank Priskil," Cassandra said under her breath as the tall man had apparently saved her from the physical harm Dervish meant to dish out. She made a little jump however as she realized that she shouldn't speak of other gods in this city, even in whisper, lest she be heard by the many ears of the ruling power of Ravok. They would certainly not take kindly to her ardent faith in any other but their patron god.

Glancing around to check if anyone nearby had overheard her, the dark-haired barmaid paled when her eyes fell on the attractive man sitting by the corner and calling her out for another drink. She knew him; they had met before in one of the stores along the plaza. The encounter had not been pleasant for her. Cassandra knew the man was somehow connected to Ebonstryfe or Black Sun, one or the other for sure. Fear for the barroom brawlers now filled her heart as she wondered what he might do to them - and if he had heard the last words she spoke. Fortunately, he was a little bit too far from her to have picked up anything over the din in the tavern.

Nodding submissively to him, Cassandra took a mug and filled it to the brim with the house's finest ale, before making her through the crowd that had formed to watch the fight in the middle of the tavern. She placed the cold drink meekly on his table, bowing before taking a step back. But unable to contain herself, knowing that he ahd the authority to bring the fight to a stop, she blurted out without thinking, "Can...can you help restore peace and order?"

Her eyes grew wide and she bit down on her lips as she suddenly realized her error. What stupid terms to use in front of a follower of the god of chaos! "They might... ruin the furniture," Cassandra finished lamely.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Murmur on January 20th, 2011, 3:05 am

Mumur accepted the ale without a thanks. The fight was getting horrendous, and the Ebonstryfe could give a shyke of the outcome. Things like this happened nearly everyday in the outer rims of the city. It’s where the guards got a kick out of some men beating the shyke out of each other.

It was only until they dared involve him would he get his hands soiled with the blood of peasants. They would be wise not to strike him, for the full force of the Ebonstryfe was always behind those that dared to kill one of their own. But Murmur was a man that didn’t enjoy hiding behind the wall of protection set up by his order. He’d be labeled as a piss-poor waste of air, much like several young apprentices he’s witnessed on the field. Squeamish and irritating. Better to take a broken nose than another confrontation with Sir Fren.

“Love,” He began, taking a long gulp of the fresh ale before slamming the cup on the table, “Are you implying I should soil my hands to benefit you? I see no real gain for me. Peace and order? My dear, we’re not in Syliras. Such a thing is left for the void.” But if Cassandra cared to notice, Murmur’s hand began to deform and shift, as the Ebonstryfe surged djed into his limb and transformed it into a bulkier, animalistic hand that sported curled black claws akin to a talon. Indeed, the hand seemed leathery, with creases often seen on a falcon.

Murmur was prepared. But he was also content to wait.
"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
Murmur
The boy next door

Words: 41228
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 5:40 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Dervish on January 20th, 2011, 8:33 am

Dervish glanced right as he accelerated, just barely in time to see arms and a chest hitting him from behind. He smelled a faint female scent, and she seemed to wrap herself around him, impeding his movement and causing him to start toppling, almost falling. He made a small outcry of surprise that was muffled by her weak strangulation, he hadn't seen -this- coming.

Dervish started falling left but began to steady, smiling viciously and attempting to regain his balance, he could shake her off afterwa-- He looked up at the tall patron who was now ramming him at high speed. Dervish tried to yell something but he didn't have the breath, and threw up his hands trying to stop the man, and failing.
The strangers' shoulder rammed into Dervish' chest, effectively dispelling the air in his lungs. Dervish attempted parry turned into a grab, as he and the man hammered into the floor, most likely on top of the woman who had jumped onto his back. For a moment, Dervish was completely disoriented, not knowing who were where, but then the tall man sat up, raising a fist to strike.

Dervish swung a fast right fist at the man's stomach, the region he had the best angle to hit because his face and other parts were out-of-reach, Dervish also being impeded by his weight. His left hand he swung up in an attempt to parry the tall mans' blow, and then grab his hand. Dervish looked vicious, but he was thoroughly enjoying himself, feeling the intensity and fury of the moment, and the energy that seemed to course through him in times like these. It felt like a fullfillment of an instinct, a subconscious drive to fight.
Dervish
Finding a Future

Words: 30403
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Aello on January 20th, 2011, 7:22 pm

As the two men fought on top of her, Aello remained down, with her back lying against the cold, wooden tavern floor. Her forehead was etched with pained lines, her brow was furrowed, and her eyes shut tight, tiny crow's feet appearing around the edges. She was gritting her teeth, and wringing her hands through her hair and clutching her head in pain, rolling her upper body, (the only portion of her body that was even remotely free of the fat angry men on top of her), lazily back and forth from one side to the other, muttering the word, "owwww," over and over as she rolled, and a series of sounds pounded against her ear drums and her head. The vibrations of people's feet against the floorboards washed over her like a wave washes over the shore of a beach. The sound of stamping feet pounded in her eardrums, as did the shouts and roars of the other bar-goers as they ran this way and that, and occasionally urged the others to continue fighting. Aello groaned, as a deep shooting pain, like lightning made its way through her back. She arched her back slightly, as the men leaned back down on her again, and she was once again, flat on the floor like a pancake. Her lungs felt like they were sinking, being deflated like a balloon. Her chest felt tight, and she gasped, inhaling sharply.

Aello looked up and over Dervish's shoulder. Dervish and Roman were still fighting each other, and Aello's head was spinning and pounding with all the excitement. Adrenaline was starting to make its way into her veins, and despite her beaten body, Aello now wanted to fight, she wanted to prove that she wasn't someone who could be brushed off so easily. Even though the world was spinning, and she could barely breath, Aello managed to perform a simple stretch: reaching for the sky... or rather... the other side of the floor. The stretch made her body ache, but Aello felt that she needed it considering how the two men were now turning red about their faces, the veins in their foreheads seemed to be popping, beads of sweat were trickling down their faces, and they smelled awful. Aello scrunched up her nose, as she slowly pushed up against Dervish's shoulders. But that simple force alone, (with no help from her legs), was not enough to pull her body out from under the two fighting men. Aello sighed, she would have to do this the hard way, she thought, as she took her fingers, and inched them along Dervish's neck until she had reached a depression near his collar bone. Then, Aello pressed down deep on the spot, digging her nails into Dervish's shoulder/neck. That would teach him! she thought.

OOCFor anyone who doesn't know, the area I am applying pressure to will treat shoulder pain, along with headaches, and a few other ailments. Any pain Dervish feels would be because my nails are digging into him. Yeah, that's me being a lousy bar-brawler and playing to my level...
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Roman on January 21st, 2011, 11:29 pm

Roman let out a grunt of pain as dervish fist buried itself in his stomach, knocking all the air out of his lungs, his attempt of a punch was easily stopped by the stronger man. Roman was still gasping for breath as the man grabbed his wrist. He gritted his teeth and felt the adrenaline rushing trough his viens as he tried to pull himself free from the mans grasp, pushing himself onto his knees trying to get into a more advantageous position as he did so.
Failing to break the mans grasp at the first few tries roman reared back his free hand and punched right at the mans head.
Unfortunately for poor dervish when Roman was shifting his position to try and throw his punch his right leg shifted up Hitting him lightly but still quite painfully in the crotch, Violating the one sacred rule that was shared amongst the males of every single race, You don't kick below the belt!
Unfortunately in the heat of the fight Dervish probably wouldn't notice nor care that it was accidental.
Not noticing that he probably had thrown even more wood on the fire Roman just continued struggling and throwing punches at Devish's head, the feral grin on the mans face creeping out Roman to no end.
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on January 23rd, 2011, 1:58 pm

Cassandra blushed, embarrassed. She didn't think just asking the man to help would work but it was worth a shot. At least she didn't get berated for sounding like some sort of Syliran loyalist. She hadn't the slightest idea what the Black Sun did to such people but she didn't want to find out.

"I only meant..." The barmaid never got to finish her sentence, as her eyes widened at the sight of one of the man's hands suddenly shifting to something...not entirely human. She backed away, suddenly afraid. Surely, this man was some sort of agent of the city's clandestine ruling body. Who else could carry himself with such confidence and wield such strange magical powers but one in the favor of Rhysol? Cassandra feared for the brawlers then, for their thoughtless actions could very well land them in trouble with the man and whatever group her reported to.

Drawing as near as she could to the mass of bodies on the floor exchanging blows and hits without getting dragged in their violence, Cassandra pleaded to them in a desperate voice to stop. In all honesty, she didn't know what to do. She had never seen such fights get so out of hand before, for back in Syliras, the knights usually took any troublemakers outside for a "talk" and that would be the end of it.

That didn't seem to be what the law did in this city, however.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dervish on January 26th, 2011, 9:04 pm

Dervish grinned viciously, and barely deflected a new blow from the tall man. This was fun but he wanted to get up, he felt trapped on the floor, or rather on the woman, and the weight of the man pinned him down. Something resembling a strike, except it feeling more like a massage hit him feebly from below. Dervish would've hardly noticed it if not for the fact that it seemed to relieve him of the weight and pain his his back. He could feel the woman twisting around beneath him, but didn't pay it much attention since he was pre-occupied.

Suddenly, his smile was torn from his face by a strangling pain in his groin, the tall man had placed a knee there, and Dervish was about to cringe together in pain as he received a fist and then two to the face, disorientating him but in no way comparable in pain to what went on... Elsewhere. He crashed onto the ground and probably Aello heavily, though not with much momentum.

This had suddenly become a lot less fun.

Dervish twisted violently, a short feral growl emitting from his mouth, his face contorted into an angry and pained expression in contrast to the previous one. he'd be damned if this bastard was going to get away with this, Dervish thought and grabbed at the front of the tall man's cloack with his left hand - pulling him left, rolling in the same direction as well as swinging his right hand up onto the man's shoulder, the combined movement of his shifting weight and pressure sending them both rolling off to the left. Dervish immediately attempted to twist out of the mans' range, jumping up into a hunched stance, skimming the tavern for possible opponents, or weapons.
Dervish
Finding a Future

Words: 30403
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Aello on January 26th, 2011, 10:02 pm

As the men rolled off of her stomach, Aello gasped, breathing in deeply, trying to take in as much air as she could to make up for the fact that her lungs had been crushed under the weight of her two opponents for an extended period of time only a few minutes before.

Aello took several long, deep breaths, in through the nose, and then out through the mouth, trying to clear her mind and think of the best way to get through her current situation, and to take her mind off the pain that was coursing through her body. Aello was still writhing in pain, and trying to breath. Trying to think, as the world started to blur, and to spin all around her even faster than before. Aello felt like she may be sick.

Finally, Aello forced herself to her feet, pushing up against her right knee with her right hand. She stood shakily, the bar still spinning, as she clutched the table Roman had been sitting at tightly with her left hand. Her knuckles growing white as she pressed her tiny fingers into the wood, and shut her eyes tightly, willing the world to stop spinning. She took a deep breath, in through her nose, and then out through her mouth, filling her lungs with air before she let it all out, her body instantly hunching slightly over again as she opened her eyes and removed her hand from the table. The world had stopped spinning, she didn't need the table or her eyes closed to help support or ground her anymore. She would be alright on her own, Aello thought, as she glanced around the floor at the two men who had been fighting her. They were rolling around, red in the face, looking as though they were about ready to strangle each other. Aello laughed internally, men, she thought, as she shook her head and watched the two of them go at it. After all, she did need a little break.

But Aello's break was short lived being that Dervish managed to free himself and come to a crouching position. Aello sighed, she better get this over with, she thought as she took a few steps forward, her boots clicking against the wood floor, as she inched closer and closer to Dervish. Her arms remained at her side, but her hands were balled into tiny fists. Aello smirked wickedly, her eyes flashing playfully.

Aello took one last step towards Dervish, and raised her fists into a basic fighting stance, then she twisted her body to the left, swinging her leg around, right towards Devish's face.

OOCSorry this is an awful, slightly jumpy post, full of run-on sentences.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext