[silver sliver tavern]There will be Brawl! (open for all)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Dervish on January 10th, 2011, 2:33 pm

The girl at the other end of the table seemed distressed, and looked around in the tavern seeming to scan for something. Dervish still had this volatile energy, he wasn't angry today, he just felt alive, and had a taste for trouble. He drummed his fingers along the table, and saw the waitress approaching, looking more or less elapsed in her own thoughts. As she arrived she smiled and quickly threw out a list of offers, which honestly didn't sound so bad.

"I'm not sure, am I?" Dervish asked the girl in front of him when the maid asked if he was ordering for her. Unless she did something drastic he'd continue;"My name's Dervish, and I'd like a ... Common meal, since the other one's not finished." He smiled a vacant polite smile as he placed his order, and looked at the coughing girl out of the corner of his eye.
Dervish
Finding a Future

Words: 30403
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on January 11th, 2011, 1:41 am

As she waited for the woman to place her order, Cassandra shifted her position and moved behind the man who called himself Dervish to allow another patron to pass by. That gave her an idea. She waited for another of the tavern's patrons to pass behind her, and as luck would have it, it was someone who was drunk.

The man picked himself up from the bar as if he's had enough to drink and staggered towards the door. The narrow spaces between the tables made it difficult for him to navigate through them while maintaining his balance, though he seemed to manage just fine until he neared Cassandra. Turning sideways, the man tried to squeeze between the barmaid and the table next to the one she was waiting on. For her part, Cassandra moved away a little too slowly so that the man bodily bumped into her rear, causing her to stumble forward and, in the process, cracked Dervish's skull with the edge of the wooden serving tray she carried. It wasn't a powerful blow - the most the man would get from it would be a small bump on the head - but Cassandra felt him jerk forward upon impact, both from surprise and the weight behind the blow.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" she shot at the retreating drunk to cover up the fact that she had actually use him to achieve her own ends. That light tap should be enough to reset her mark. Still, she had to make sure. Crouching beside Dervish, a look of concern etched on her pretty face, Cassandra was very apologetic.

"I am so sorry, sir! Are you alright? I apologize for hitting you, it was an accident!" She had her hand on his arm, perhaps to stay it should he decide to strike back at her, perhaps to just calm him down. But in truth, the contact was necessary for the dark-hair woman. "I... Please, let me get you a drink as way of apology - on the house! I'll...I'll go get it now!" She bowed at him as she departed, completely forgetting to take the order of the woman sitting beside him.

As soon as she had reached the safety of the bar, Cassandra tapped into the power of her mark, amplifying the pain suffered by her victim. The slight soreness of the bump should feel like a throbbing headache to Dervish now. It wouldn't improve the man's mood and she herself hated to do it, but it was necessary for her own survival. She didn't dare look in the direction of the man for fear of him thinking that she was somehow responsible for the sudden jabs of pain drilling into his brain. Instead, she just went about her business, filling a mug with the house's special and calling for another plate of lamb chaps from inside the kitchen. She acted it all out a little rushed and panicky, as befitting a contrite barmaid who had just offended a customer.

Putting up such fronts had almost become second nature to her when serving in the tavern. A barmaid had to wear all sorts of masks to keep the patrons buying, after all.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Roman on January 11th, 2011, 3:05 am

Not noticing or just not caring for the little incident that had happened in the middle of the tavern Roman just continued eating his meal, occasionally sipping from his mug of ale.
With a satisfied sigh he dropped his eating utensils on his plate and drank the rest of his ale in one gulp.
"That girl did say that I could get a free refill by my meal." Roman stood up and grabbed his now empty mug and made his way to the bar, occasionally bumping into people on his way.

oocSorry for the short reply, but this should give cassandra enough to go and dump dervish ale over his head :)
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on January 11th, 2011, 4:06 am

With a mug of Silver Sliver in one hand and a tray of food in the other, Cassandra made her way back towards the table in the middle of the room. A slight frown creased her forehead, part of the expression of contrition on her face. She truly felt sorry to so use Dervish for her own benefit, but she was also relieved that any pain that stemmed from her mark would be delayed by a day. It was a necessary cruelty for her part, she tried to convince herself.

The barmaid held the tray level to her head so that the patrons would not nudge her arm and cause her to spill the meal. Unfortunately for her, it became a visual block for her and she did not see that the tall, lanky man she had served earlier had gotten up and was making his way towards the bar. He passed in front of her, totally catching her by surprise, and she could not stop her forward momentum in time to avoid him.

Cassandra tripped on the man's trailing leg.

It wasn't so bad for him, only slighty unbalancing him as his leading foot was already firmly placed on the floor. But it was an entirely different matter for the barmaid. Her ankles locked up and she instinctively shot her arms out to catch herself before she hit the floor. This, of course, led to her throwing the serving tray up and away from her. As she struggled to get up after her bad fall - sopping wet from the spilled drink she carried and one wrist hurting as she had fallen on it at an awkward angle - she found only the mug handle still in her hand, the rest of it having shattered on the floor. Worse, she just realized that she had flung the food she carried directly at the table she was supposed to serve it on.

The dark-haired barmaid groaned as she looked up, afraid to see which of the two - Dervish or the woman - was hit by the sizzling lamb chops and hot gravy.

And the very hot iron plate. Who could forget that?

OOC Note :
Sorry to hog all the action, but I wanted to get the ball rolling. I won't post again until all of you guys have posted. =)
there is something
i have to say to you
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dervish on January 11th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Dervish was awaiting an answer, and didn't really pay any heed to the large drunk moving past them, apart from a short glance. Today he didn't really care about anything, except for having some entertainment. He suddenly sensed a movement behind him from the pretty waitress - and suddenly his head flew forward, a hard object, which turned out to be a wooden tray, hitting him in the back of the head.

Dervish almost instinctively struck out against the poor waitress, but suddenly her hands were on his right arm. Instead gripped her wrist with his left hand and looked at her for a split second with a surprised and feral look, then released her and seemed to sigh and calm down, slumping into his chair as she murmured her quick apology;""It'll be fi--" Dervish started, but she ran away before he had a chance to speak any further.
Suddenly, the pain in the back of his head seemed to amplify, a throbbing headache emerged and Dervish grabbed his head with a few well-placed curses, that damned tray had hit hard, someone would have to pay for this..
He smashed a hand into the table and focused, trying to ignore the pain which seemed completely unwilling to release it's grip around his head, but rather gain in strength. Had it hit so.. Damn.. Hard!?

The pain seemed to fade abit, and Dervish looked up in relief. The barmaid was coming with his food - She ought to be, considering how his head felt right now. The tall man was mov-- He saw the waitress felt, but despite his seeing it happen he couldn't move, as she stumbled forward and the Iron Plate took air, sending gravy and food in all directions - and suddenly ramming into Dervish' one hand parry, shifting path and hitting his eyebrow, then clattering onto the floor with a ringing sound. His clothes, face and hands were covered in gravy and a gracious amount of it slowly slid down the left part of his hair, landing on the ground with a slimy thud.

For a second or two the world went black, but then Dervish felt heat rise up in his body, crawling like a rush of blood up along his spine, and sending him flying up into a standing position. He shoved the table brutally out of his way into a few other customers. With a grunt he started walking forward, with his right hand grabbing the top of his chair and his left hand in front of him.

A heroic young male customer got up and stepped into Dervish' path holding out a hand and murmuring something in an attempt to calm him down. He had probably not noticed the chair in his hand, or he would have dodged the blow that came from Dervish' right as he swung the chair into the man, sending him flying onto the table next to them, the occupants of which erupted into a chaos of either fear or anger. The blow sent a ripple up through Dervish arm, a pleasant release of pent-up energy, and he randomly threw away the ruined chair.
Most of the patrons in the bar were now on the move, to one place or another, which caused more confusion. Dervish was moving towards the tall wiry man and the waitress, approaching them with a ferocious smile. His visage seemed devoid of calm or humanity, but rather filled with an animalistic rage.

OOCYour action was awesome and got the ball rolling, thank you ^^
Dervish
Finding a Future

Character sheet

Postby Aello on January 12th, 2011, 3:37 am

Aello watched as the bar maid's tray crashed into Dervish's head. Oh this can't be good, she thought, as the maid muttered a quick apology, and she lay her hands on his right arm, as if to help calm his mounting anger. Before Dervish had time to speak again, the maid had run off. How strange, Aello thought, as another wave of pure exhaustion washed over her. She wished she had the energy to look into more, but somewhere inside herself, she knew that if she tried she would be over-doing it.

"You ok?" Aello asked. The man seemed to be ignoring her, instead, he was eyeing the barmaid who was making her way towards their table with a plate of food. It was steaming hot. Aello smiled warily at the plate, it should make him feel better, calm his nerves, she thought. Just as she watched in horror as the maid tripped over a patron's leg, and the tray of food she had been carrying went flying through the air. Aello supposed she had thought too soon as dark grey gravy and other food items fell off their tray on their way towards the table she and Dervish were sitting at.

Aello watched as the tray made contact with Dervish's one hand parry, wide-eyed. The tray made a loud clattering sound as it hit the floor, and Aello gasped. This cannot be good, she thought, as Dervish got to his feet, cheeks red, gravy was dripping off his skin, in his hair. It seemed slimy, and made him appear grimier than before. Gross, Aello thought, as Dervish angrily tossed their table to the side, nearly toppling it over, (it teetered back and forth, but never fell). Thank goodness, otherwise her spiritism-supply jars may have shattered on the floor, and that really would have pissed Aello off, because, now that she thought of it, the shards of glass could have ruined her bag as well. Aello saw Dervish pick up his chair out of the corner of her eye.

Aello's blood was boiling, her hands had balled into fists, and her face was turning red, and rather hot. Aello sprang to her feet. "Hey, I know you're angry, but could you watch what you throw around!" Aello yelled at Dervish's back. She didn't want to add why the man should be so careful, it probably wouldn't be a good idea if she mentioned that she communicated to the dead and practiced magic after all.

But Dervish didn't seem to be listening to her, he was too busy beating up other customers, and generally expressing her anger. Aello sighed, letting go of her anger, but only for a moment, she shook her head, men, she thought, before her fury consumed her once more. Aello watched as Dervish hurled the broken chair he had just smashed a patron with over the head over his shoulder. He seemed to be huffing and puffing, his fists clenching and re-clenching. How ridiculous, she thought, as Aello's anger started to grow, several patrons running around, some trying to get away, others simply moving for the sake of moving. This added to the general confusion in the bar.

"Hey! Don't you ignore me!" Aello shouted as she climbed up on her chair, before stepping onto their table. For once in her life, Aello was now towering over everyone. It felt good, she felt powerful. "Hey! HEY!" Aello kept shouting, trying to get Dervish's attention over all the commotion. If the guy kept it up, it would certainly be war, Aello wasn't afraid to pull out her bow if she had to.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Roman on January 13th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Roman tried to turn around and grab the barmaid who tripped over his leg, but was to slow to stop it. He followed the plate of food with his eyes as it flew trough the air and lander right on top of one of the patron's head.
Being more concerned about the waitress then the brutish looking man he knelt down next to her his back exposed to dervish.
"Are you alright?" he helped the woman back to her feet but quickly turned around when he heard a loud crash. The man who got the food over him was slowly walking towards them with a murderous smile on his face.
"Miss, I think it would be best if you went and got the bouncers. Because we are in big trouble."
He glanced at the woman standing on the table that was yelling at the man to calm down. But the man just ignored her.
"Look, why don't you listen to the woman you are courting and calm down?" He glanced around at the chaos in the bar, right now there wasn't a fight yet so if that guy was calmed down he might prevent it.
"Just go and was yourself up and get another meal? I bet you won't have to pay for another one, besides things like that happen." He straightened himself up and towered above him trying to intimidate him into stopping.
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on January 14th, 2011, 1:06 am

Cassandra got up with a grimace on her face as she gingerly clutching her sprained hand close to her chest, looking about in confusion. She didn't know who to focus on first as the whole tavern seemed to have erupted into chaos in the span of a few seconds. The man named Dervish seemed to be on a rampage, demolishing everything in his path, and the woman he had been sitting with was now atop a table, screaming at him for who knew what reason. The other patrons seemed to join in the ruckus, those who have imbibed a little too much drink anyway - some were cheering the man on, others calling him out to 'leave the poor barmaid alone' and take on someone his own size - and those who still had their wits about them had the sense to move away from the budding bar brawl. And all this from a mere trip from her, one she did not even do on purpose.

The one who caused her to fall, the lanky man, helped her up. He seemed apologetic enough, though when he asked her to call for the bouncers, Cassandra stared at him in confusion.

"We don't have any!" she exclaimed.

One look at the expression on Dervish's face told her it would have been a good idea to have one or two burly men standing between her and him, however. She retreated behind the tall man, keeping him between her and oncoming Dervish.

"Please, sir!" she called out, panic in her voice. "It was an accident! I'll get you another meal and drink - on the house! Please, everyone! Please calm down!"

Cassandra glanced out the window, suddenly worried that a bar-room brawl might attract some unwanted attention from the city guards, and those were controlled by Ebonstryfe, a group no one would enjoy having the attention of.
there is something
i have to say to you
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Murmur on January 14th, 2011, 1:49 am

oocHope you don't mind my random joining :)

It was his lunch break, and a damn well long one, at least in his terms. Twenty-five chimes to eat was plenty of time to grab a quick meal, but Murmur's version of "quick" was composed of sitting in a pub with a cup of ale and watching the denizens of Ravok during their everyday routines. What their version of a normal life was without the watchful eyes of the Ebonstryfe and Black Sun. Needless to say, many of his fellow peers were always hidden under the veil of a normal citizen, as was he; sitting in a corner of the Silver Sliver Tavern where his legs were stretched out and crossed in front of him, and his hand toyed with the handle of his cup.

To be frank, he had been watchful of the barmaid, the one named Cassandra Coven, and his gaze often passed hers, although he seemed to pay her no heed. He was, though, interested in the abruptness of the hostilities that brewed in the tavern. Just one little slip and an entire pub erupts? Perhaps the price to pay for being a peasant in a city under the rule of chaotic god. Drives everyone absolutely mad.

"Anger management, boys." Was all he murmured with a smile, taking a sip of his cold ale and finding it drained with a mock frown. "Miss, if you please," Murmur called over the racket toward Cassandra, "Another refill." Definitely wouldn't want to miss this show.

Pricelist :
ale - 4cm
"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
Murmur
The boy next door

Words: 41228
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 5:40 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Dervish on January 14th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Dervish looked up at the screaming woman on the table, with the same violence in his eyes as at everyone else. He felt like fighting, and turned his gaze back onto the tall man. He might have seemed dangerous with his height - But he was too lanky, and his apparent bravado seemed hollow. He seemed average, not a fighter. The barmaid was screaming something, but it was incomprehensible, as well as what the others said. Dervish saw their mouths move, but only noise came out, not words. Not that he cared.

The entire tavern was dissolving into chaos, like a ripple of madness spreading out from the first source of the commotion. Dervish smiled, he felt his anger and violence surge, and leaned forward, charging the man with his head and shoulders bent low, aiming for his chest region in order to tackle him onto the ground or into some of the tavern furniture.
Dervish
Finding a Future

Character sheet

PreviousNext