OOC Info Autumn 520 AV Calendar

The events happening in Lhavit this autumn.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Autumn 520 AV Calendar

Postby Luminescence on September 5th, 2020, 3:49 am

Autumn continues to be hot, humid, and rainy as another year progresses with no sign of a true winter in sight. However, Lhavitians make the most of the autumn season, celebrating festivals as normal and enjoying the season as much as they can; but it's not all smooth sailing, as towards the end of the season, there are hauntings abound as ghosts fill the city.

Overview of Season Events

☼ Daytime Event - ☾ Nighttime Event
☆ Moderated/Prompted Event

1st: The Watchtowers flare red, announcing the beginning of autumn.

☾ 22nd: The Moon Festival is held, lasting well into the early hours of the following morning. As usual, Aysel can be seen around the city getting increasingly drunk throughout the night.

☾ 38th: A bonfire is organized and held on the Sharai Peak near the Okomo Estates; snacks and drinks are provided, and it's a night of merriment as people gather to socialize. The night is filled with plenty of music, song, and stories.

☆☼ 46th: The New Crone makes an appearance within the city, setting up a small table in the Surya Plaza to offer readings. Nobody is sure why she does this; perhaps a new Crone means new traditions, or perhaps she is simply proving her existence after the death of her predecessor. Regardless, most people avoid her.

Note: I will post a starter for this thread at some point during the season, and anyone who is interested may pop into the thread to ask for a reading from the Crone, which I will moderate. This is meant to be something short and fun with only one or two replies from me per PC that posts. :)

60th: With winter gone, snow apples have been ripening earlier and often unpredictably; the Snow Apple Orchard puts out a call for people to help them pick their apples, which ripened suddenly and without much warning, before they go bad. Payment is offered in baked apple goods and, once the picking is done, all the snow apple cider one could desire while volunteers relax and socialize.

82nd: Seemingly out of nowhere, hordes of ghost crop up within the city practically overnight, terrorizing Lhavitians and wreaking havoc. Rostam and any other capable spiritists are called in to help deal with the problem.

89th: After a week of scares and tireless work from those who could help, it seems the restless spirits that descended upon the city have all either moved on or been appropriately subdued by spiritists.

OOC Info & Seasonal Themes

Autumn is my favourite season, and it generally brings two moods with it, at least for me: spooky and cozy. Halloween is almost here, and the weather is (hopefully soon) cooling down, which means hot drinks and sweaters! So I decided to craft this season's calendar around those two concepts.

I am hoping to include a moderated event based on the appearance of the spirits this season, but as of right now it is tentative due to some personal things going on and my focus being on wrapping up previous quests/events. I will let you all know for sure by mid-September, and give any necessary details. :) In the meantime, feel free to use the ghost event as you please!

Since NaNo is also this season, I wanted to give the seasonal theme writing challenge another try as well; hopefully, it will give you all a bit of inspiration, and help you with reaching your NaNo goal. As I mentioned, the focus of this season are the themes/concepts 'spooky' and 'cozy'. I'm purposefully leaving these vague to give you as much freedom as possible, so get creative with what those two words mean to you and your PC!

Please post below if you're attempting the seasonal theme challenge of spooky and/or cozy; you should keep track of your threads in this post, including links and word counts. You'll have to write 15,000 words over the course of the season to complete the challenge; that's 5,000 words a month, or about 1,250 words a week. You can put all of your focus into one of the themes, or do a combination of the two as you please, but the threads that count towards this challenge must somehow fit the concept of spooky and/or cozy. Threads involving the usual list of seasonal challenges found below are also eligible to count for the seasonal theme challenge.

As always, if you have any questions, let me know. Happy writing, and happy autumn! :D

Weather Throughout the Season

The rain and storms that ended summer continue into the autumn season, and the humidity remains. Autumn brings with it thicker and more frequent fogs as well, especially in the mornings and down by the Port. The rain begins to taper off around the 40th of the season, and the rest of the season alternates between light showers and sunny days, though the heat and humidity never seem to dissipate.

Seasonal Challenges

Complete 6 of these challenges to earn Lhavit's Seasonal Medal. A maximum of 3 challenges can be completed in a single thread, and if doing multiple challenges in a thread each one should consist of at least 800 words; that is, threads containing 2 challenges should be a minimum of 1,600 words, and threads containing 3 challenges should be a minimum of 2,400 words. Single challenge threads should be a minimum of 1,000 words. If you have completed the challenges, then post them to my office with links to the threads.

✧Get sick from eating too many sweets

✧Have your PC experience one of the three fears listed in their registry post

✧Have your PC de-stress with the comfort activity/item listed in their registry post

✧Encounter a ghost or a monster with another PC

✧Enjoy a cozy evening by a fire

✧Earn 5 XP in a new skill of your choice that begins with the letter 'C'

✧Prank someone by scaring them, OR be pranked by someone scaring you with another PC

✧Go for a nature walk

✧Tell or listen to a scary story with another PC

✧Earn 5 XP in a new skill of your choice that begins with the letter 'S'
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)