Solo [Alluvion Academy]Talking and Telling

Moritz has an unexpected disucssion...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Alluvion Academy]Talking and Telling

Postby Moritz Craven on January 25th, 2021, 2:36 am

31 Winter 520

Siting in class Moritz stared forward at the board. His instructor of the moment was miss Priya, the oddly scaled woman who taught writing and other similar topics Mortiz took. At the moment she was focused on something she was writing on the board, for a poem their class would be working on today. Moritz assumed this was to be an example of the type of poem, but he was unsure due to the vague explanation she had given prior to beginning her writing.

It was while this was going on that someone knocked at the door, entering a moment later. Like many of the students Mortiz eyes turned to see the new entrant, and was a bit surprised at what he saw.

It was a Shinya standing in the doorway. The persons nature was obvious enough to anyone from Lhavit that was who this person was, a member of the Shinya, wearing their dinstictve skyglass armor. This one, a man, even had a skyglass spear which seemed a bit odd to Moritz but made sense. Shinya did fight in various manners, including weapons.

Upon entering the room Priya stopped her work, turning to look as the man headed over. Rather than explain himself out loud the man came around to her side and bent in close to whisper something. This took a full chime, with Priya seeming to ask clarifying questions only for the Shinya to answer in another whispered response.

Moritz was unsure what was going on, but the most likely to him seemed to be some kind of attack. Was the school under siege? Was some monster thing loose in the city and nearby? Would they be evacuated? His brain churned through possibilities and ideas as to what was going on, and many students in the room began to whisper or speak to other students with growing apprehension.

Finally the two finished talking, and Moritz froze ad Priya turned and looked directly at him.

"Moritz, take your things and go with the Shinya here. Don't worry, everything is fine. Just answer truthfully anything your asked."

Moritz frowned in concentration, wondering what could be going on that involved him and meant pulling him out of class, slowly grabbing his pack off the ground and then standing while continuing to examine Priya and the Shinya's gaze. While he was bigger than he had been even a season ago he was still smaller than the Shinya who was after all a full grown man.

With a nod Moritz headed towards the door, the Shinya motioning for Moritz to step outside. Once he did he found he was not alone, and another Shinya was waiting in the hallway. This one was a heavyset woman who looked like she could strangle a bear with her raw hands. Somehow she was even larger than the other male Shinya, and in some way reminded Moritz of his instructor in combat Kyra.

"Just follow along alright?" the woman told as much as asked, clearly expecting obedience. With no further words and not giving Moritz any chance to respond the trio moved off with Moritz in between then.

WC: 525
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on March 7th, 2021, 1:46 pm

As they walked along Moritz quickly realized they were going to the second floor. The second floor being a place students did not usually go, holding the offices of teachers and other such things. Moritz looked about with interest as they went up the stairs and through empty offices, but found most were closed and the ones that were open did not hold much of interest but books and piles of paper.

Moritz, reasoning to himself, supposed that due to his lack of information on the second floor he had in a rare flight of fancy built it up to something much wilder and grander than it was. The truth was somewhat of a letdown to the young kelvic, and after passing a few did not see much of interest he could glean without going inside and opening some books.

Sandwiched between the two Shinya Moritz could not see far ahead or behind, and in their silence felt a trickle of dread on his back. Or no, that was a bit of sweat running down his neck, no mystical awareness or reaction. He did however have the sudden urge to strip and change to his Okomo form. While he was equally at home in both, he felt.... Safer, in his Okomo form. It was after all larger, stronger, and respected in Lhavit... But, Moritz reasoned, it would be tricky to move down the halls and into the room when they got there in that form.

When the man in front suddenly stopped Moritz nearly ran into him, so short had he come to rest. It resulted in Moritz dancing vaguely on his toes, teetering for a moment before landing on the flats of his feet.

"Inside" the woman said, not explaining any further. The two Shinya then took up places on either side of the door, one opening it and waiting for Moritz to enter before shutting it behind him.

Upon entering Moritz found himself facing two people behind a desk, both holding a serious air about them to Moritz eyes. One was a beautiful horned woman, clearly an Ethaefal, the other a more normal looking human man but with the same air about him. Moritz was not quite sure why, but he knew that meant something. He just did not know enough to know what that was.

The female Eth did seen kinder in her countenance, a smoother less jagged face if nothing else as she peered at Moritz, while the man seemed rigged in his face. Like if needed he could use his stern chin to lop off Moritz head in one motion. When one did speak if was the woman, not the man who was silent. Or perhaps the two had decided to lead with Talora's kinder visage since he was a child and hoped to not overly intimidate the boy, and so had planned for him to stay silent.

"Hello Moritz, I am Talora, and this is Aysel. Do you know who we are? Or why we asked to speak to you?"

Moritz frowned in concentration, wondering on the question. Puzzling this over in silence, during which the two waited patiently, Moritz tried to puzzle it out logically for over a chime. They had ordered Shinya about, one was an Eth, they had a serious demeanor and air of strength... Moritz had no idea who they were, though clearly someone of power and import. As for why he was there... Moritz had even less of an idea, as no one had said anything. When he did speak it was in a calm almost per-planned speech, one without many pauses and not giving either of the two adults time to respond.

"Well, your an Ethaefal, I know that. I am unsure who he is. Or what... Human I guess? Doesn't seem Kelvic, so I'm guessing human. I suppose you asked to speak to me because you wanted to know something I know, or confirm something, or something like that. And because you could. I mean most people don't order Shinya about so... its reasonable I beleive, on your first question, your someone important in Lhavit. Someone who garners respect. But no, I have no idea who you are, beyond the names you gave. As to why you are here, I suppose it is one of those prior reasons I mentioned."

Aysel smiled and chuckled to himself, which drew a glare from Talora, though not a harsh one.

"Well, he isn't wrong. Everything he just said is true, isn't it? Its almost like you asked a different question than the one you wanted, and got a different answer than you expected Talora. Really, no one to blame but yourself. They did warn us he was a literal fellow didn't he?"

Still chuckling to himself the mans face seemed to soften to Moritz, giving the boy a knowing smile as if to say "really?" in regards to Talora's question without speaking.

"You try to be too nice, just give the boy a straight question."

WC: 835
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on March 7th, 2021, 2:38 pm

Moritz watched the two calmly, wondering how much was an act meant to get him to talk and how much was real. Shrugging to himself Moritz realized he did not really care, having nothing specific really to hide and not minding explaining what he could. The two exchanged a glance which seemed to say more to them than Moritz, and afterwards Aysel began speaking.

"Moritz I am Aysel, and though this is my day form I am also an Ethaefal. And as she said before, this is Talora. We are both Ethaefal, and we are the Co-Rulers of Lhavit. Which is why we can... order Shinya about, if we need to. As for why we are here, we are following a rumor that we heard. It seems to be spreading quite far, and is a serious topic, so we tracked it back to this school. And eventually your class... And then to you. That is why we set this up. We need to talk to you about your... Dream, of Morwen."

Pausing once more, though for a much shorter span of time, Moritz shrugged and plopped down into the chair before the desk.

"Oh, is that it? Why didn't you just ask that to begin with? And it wasn't a dream. I saw it after a dream, but I know what a dream is. This wasn't a dream. It was the truth."

As Moritz drew closer Aysel leaned ahead, noticing something about Moritz which puzzled him. Farther away he had not seen it clearly, but now...

"Right... Uh, Moritz, what is wrong with your eyes? I thought you were an Okomo Kelvic, and had Okomo eyes. Those are unlike any Okomo's eyes I've seen."

Pausing again in thought Moritz reached up and touched the spot above his eyes before realizing what the man meant.

"Oh, you mean that? That is from a gift I received. I was in the mountains and met and befriended a witch. She asked to see me again, and when she did she gave a gift. Part of that gift permanently changes how my eyes appear. Its more noticeable when its in use, but you can still see it now when its not. I can show you if you want."

"Uh, no, thank you for the offer but no. Well that is totally normal, meeting a witch in the mountains who you manage to befriend, who also gives you a magical boon which changes your appearance permanently, totally normal, happens all the time. "

Moritz frowned, puzzling over the words, wondering on what he meant before more or less taking it at face value.

"Really? I thought it was quite rare. She seemed rather secretive about the whole affair, even made me promise not to tell certain bits to people. But she did say I could explain what happened to my eyes if I needed to. As for the other bits, well I did give my word, so I can't really talk about them. But its common? Do you know many other people it has happened to?"

Kneading his forehead with two fingers, Aysel began speaking under his breath before taking on a more normal tone and volume. "Literal, literal, they did say quite literal... Uh no Moritz, I don't know anyone that has happened to. It is quite rare, you are right. I was trying to make a joke, pointing out how odd it was and how matter of fact on the topic you were."

"Oh, a joke? Seemed more like you were just lying. Or maybe it just was not a very good joke? I mean if there are good jokes, then by comparison other jokes have to be bad don't they? I mean otherwise all jokes would just be neutrally jokes, and there would be no bad or good."

Clearing her throat loudly Talora drew everyone's attention. "Yes, jokes, but perhaps we should get back to the topic at hand? Moritz, could you tell us about the day you had that... Not a dream... Prophetic vision?"

Glancing again at Aysel, Talora returned his gaze with a look that was clearly meant to convey "see not so easy is it!", before returning to watch Moritz.

WC: 700
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on March 8th, 2021, 11:54 pm

Moritz shrugged before growing silent, focusing back on his memories to another day... Back in his mind to the past and what he once saw. It was not so vivid as it once had been to Moritz mind, but having retold it many times and thought back on it he did not find it difficult to recall the vision.

For he knew as Talora said it was a true prophetic vision, a true seeing of something, not just a dream or something he imagined.

"It happened in the morning, early. I was asleep, I was dreaming. But then that faded and things became clear, things became clearly not a dream. Dreams are hazy, indistinct, confusing, and often without control. This... This was something else entirely."

As Moritz launched into the tale of his vision for what felt to him the millionth time he slowly and steadily wound through it. Occasionally Talora or Aysel would stop him to ask a question, or to clarify something. Or to ask Moritz how he felt, what he was or had been thinking, and what he thought on something. How he knew such and such detail, which tended to always have the same answer, because I saw it in the vision.

For in truth for ones in the know there were several nuggets of truth within the tale, things Moritz did not understand and likely should not have known, but truths which lent credence to the other details in their veracity.

And then as he finished the two asked him to repeat it again, stopping at each part, then once more without any pauses, and over several more times. Each time Moritz more or less told it the same, and certainly without changing any facts. For he was simply recounting something he had seen, something unchanging and which did not alter no matter which direction a question came from.

A jungle. Trees but hot, hotter than he knew from Lhavit. A pressing heat in waves that was not the climate of an Okomo by any measure. And within that jungle a woman, Morwen. Morwen, her name in his head, told by the source of the vision. As if seeing from another, but not truly from a humans eyes.

He then saw Morwen pass onward in the vision, moving through the jungle and into a gate of magic that led from the hot jungle into another place of heat. Even hotter and more oppressive. Another world, through the gate and onward to another world. A Goddess of ice and cold, pressing into the heat for hopes of finding a lost loved one. Her family, her missing grandson, who she searched for. He was lost, and she went to look for him, following a rumor, in some ways alike to the two rulers of Lhavit following a rumor that led to Moritz...

But the vision grew dark, as once she was there Morwen was captured by a horrible being, creature, monster, captured and shackled, shackled to a throne in a fortress that was the horrid beasts domain. And there contained, captured, she was drained of her powers to counter the heat of the world. A slow bleed of her powers, but one that will if left unchecked lead to her death. To her end. If nothing was done, an urgency about Moritz as he told of the vision, if nothing was done she would die.

The lack of winter on Mizahar caused by her absence, as she weakened in captivity. Death and replacement by another to her divine realm, or rescue and possible resurgence.

As Moritz finished telling the vision's tale again he paused when no further questions came forth.

After a time of silence where nothing was said Talora finally broke the emptiness by more words. "So, so that is all then?"

WC: 636
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on March 9th, 2021, 12:16 am

For a few moments Moritz considered, as usual thinking in silence. But then his mind went back to the question, her question. Not of the vision, but of the day he had the vision. And when he thought on that, something else did come to mind.

"Well, that was the end of the vision. But then I found the skyglass that fell from the sky."

Aysel and Talora both freezing, they turned in unison after a moment to stare at Moritz. "What skyglass?" Talora asked. "You mean a meteor, you found a meteor after you had the vision? A fall?"

Moritz shook his head, bending down to pick up his pack he had placed there during their meeting. Rooting around for a few moments he found what he was looking for and pulled the item out. Holding it up for the two Ethaefal to see Moritz showed the odd bit of skyglass.

"Not a meteor, I found a piece of fallen skyglass. It came down from the sky, and I followed it, and this is what I found. It was after I left the house, shortly after I had the vision. I'd never heard of skyglass falling from the sky, I thought it had to be made from what fell. But this is clearly skyglass, and it definitely fell from the sky. I mean I found it in the crater where it landed. I doubt anyone would go through the trouble to fake a falling and the crater as well, not to mention abandoning some skyglass within it."

Motioning for the item Aysel waited for Mortiz to nod before quickly snatching the object away. Once it was in his hand both he and Talora examined it closely in various ways. Looking, touching, he thought at one point one of them was even smelling at it. Everything short of licking it, to Moritz eyes.

Once they were done Aysel handed it back to Mortiz, eyeing the boy deeply. Speaking in barely a whisper, but projecting so Moritz could clearly hear, Aysel asked another question. "What day... What day did you have the vision, and then find this?"

Moritz, speaking confidently at such a simple question answered just as simply.

"The 21st of winter. I had the vision in the morning, and while it was still dark I saw the fall and found this. Why, do you know of it?"

Clearly the date meant something to the two Ethaefal, as once more they exchanged a meaningful look.

"Yes, it is called a Twilight Star. It is said to be true skyglass, not made, and can only be found early in the morning... The morning of the 21st of winter... This is incredibly rare, it is not a toy or something to be played with. Do you understand?"

Moritz nodded, not quite sure what the man meant. Played with? Why would he play with it? And it was skyglass, which meant that if he did it was unlikely to be harmed... Moritz was left feeling uninformed, clearly seeing that the two knew more but were not saying anything.

"I think... I think that is all we need to know. You can go now Moritz."

Placing the skyglass back in his pack Moritz stood, looking at the two.

"You know something, don't you? This all, it means something? Are you not going to tell me?"

This time Talora spoke, looking at Moritz kindly. "This is a rather serious matter. We must discuss it with certain... Parties. But trust me, if there is something we can tell you, we will let you know. Alright? For now, do not dwell on it. Go back to class."

Moritz nodded, feeling left out, but knowing the two would not say anything more until they felt like it. And being the rulers of Lhavit, it was not like he could make them talk if they did not want to.

WC: 650
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes