Different To Everyone(Luke)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Xochitl Eztli on January 16th, 2011, 10:23 am

8th day of Winter, 510 AV, Noon

Xochitl Eztli walked through Zeltiva markets, full cape clinging lightly to her small body. She looked through stands and shops, just browing for any types of weapons she might be able to use. The hood of the cape was over her head, hiding most of her face. What she wanted was just to cover the tattoo on the left side of her face. What it actually was or meant was a complete mystery even to her; that's if it even ahd a meaning. I shrugged my bag higher on my shoulders and accidentally bumped into a man. She was only 4''8' and the man would be atleast 6''5, so she was completely dwarfed compared to him. He glared down at her and grabbed her shoulder, stopping her, "apologise!" he damanded, voice thick with anger. Short fuse much? Yet, Xochitl said nothing and just pushed his hand away and kept walking. The man, though, had a different idea. He gripped onto her shoulder again, nearly crushing it and she winced. He swung her around to face him, her hood falling back. His grip loosened as his gaze fell upon her tattoo, surprised that she would have one. Though his composure was fixed within moments.

"Apologise!" the man demanded again, voice strained with anger and sounding like he was ready to try and rip her head off. Yet, Xochitl merely looked at his hand, grabbed it in hers, which happened to have spiked gauntlets on. Though, lucky for him, the spikes were only on the knuckles. She grabbed two fingers and bent them grab, her grip too strong for someone so small. She then looked up at him, her pale yet bright green eyes boring into his dull brown eyes, "I don't need to apologise as I did nothing. You were the one trying to steal from me," she said with an innocent smile on her face as she reached over and grabbed the pouch of money he had taken from her. She then held it up and threw his hand away, "Next time, don't try to pickpocket from someone so small when you're so big. I saw you reaching down." and with that, she turned and walked off, lifting the hood over her head again. Stupid people. She streatched her hands infront of her, watching as the gauntlet moved with her hand like it was part of her.

She had looked for days in this city, and yet her brother wasn't here. Like every other place she had gone to. Would she ever find him? What if he ws already dead? She shook the thought away instantly. He couldn't be dead. He was her only family and he couldn't be dead. Looks like she'd be leaving this city tonight.
Don't Follow Xochitl's Silent Footsteps.
Chaos Shall Always Follow.
Xochitl Eztli
4''8' of difference that will ignore you

Words: 8013
Joined roleplay: January 15th, 2011, 12:12 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on January 16th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Luke had finally gotten himself proper equipment. He had been running around too long without being prepared and it bugged the hell out of him. When he finally got that leather armor it felt like a comfortable second skin that he missed terribly. His shield was well missed too and especially the feel of a good sword. The only thing that was missing was a bow. His horse has already been bought and was ready for him at the stables when he decided to leave this city.

It was a nice city to be in but the sailors did threw it off. Even though Luke himself was a bandit, the attitudes of these idiots was appalling. They were constantly groping women or taunting smaller men, he was sick of it and wanted out.

Many people had warned him about the mountain pass that was the only exit out of the area but he didn't care anymore. He would not be stuck in some port city for the rest of his life. He needed to find out where the hell Kain and his men went.

Although he had no clue were to start. Cyphrus seemed like a good place to goand visit any port cities. He knew they wouldn't be traveling north towards colder more civilized waters. No the south and its wilderness would hold more freedom for bandits and pirates alike.

The second he found a good bow for sell then he would be off. The markets were packed with people trying to get their daily food rations. Different venues offered various things with all sorts of merchants trying to gather as much attention and business as possible. What he needed was a good weapon shop. Except the one he was in earlier didn't have any Short Bows so he had to find something better stocked.

In his search for things a man bumped into his right shoulder and didn't even apologize. Luke furrowed his eye brows and glared in the direction of the idiot. It seemed as if he simply kept going without a care towards Luke. He knew it was giving into his natural anger but he couldn't resist at least following the pig. If anyhting he would have a word with the man. Although this person was nearly as tall as Luke and he knew there would be no sense talking with a sailor. Still he followed the man, carefully nudging people out of the way. He didn't want to be a jack ass like this man had been.

After a few moments of passing threw the crowd. Luke began to notice the sailor was looking around heavily. He seemed to spot someone around a booth and headed straight for he. The person was short enough not to be seen over the crowd so he assumed it was a woman or a terribly short guy. Either way this sailor seemed like a damn thief and if he could stop something like this from happening he would.

He had to be slightly rougher with people to get there in time and people didn't hesitate to complain at him for it. Before he could reach the two the swine reached down and quietly snatched her purse. With his downward angle he could see the whole thing. To make it worse he tried to act like she bumped into him. This was all ridiculous and Luke started forcing people to move. Before he could step in the extremely petite woman forced the man's hand off of her shoulder, and started talking about how he stole from her!

Luke was completely taken back by how she knew what was going on. It was amazing for anyone to pick up on something like that . He tried getting a closer look at the woman and noticed the odd markings on her face. They were intricate and gave her a more fearsome exotic look. He thought the marks were quite lovely. When she took back her purse and walked off the young woman put her hood back on. Luke was not about to let her get away from him. His travels would be hard and someone with that kind of skill would be useful. He continued to push his way threw the crowd til it lessened and allowed for easier movements.

When he caught up to the young woman he didn't know exactly what to say.. He fumbled for a few words as he kept close behind her. When he thought of something he quickly got up beside her.

“That was some stunt back there!,So were are you traveling too?” It wasn't the best thing to say but it was something at least. He tried sounding friendly and nice to catch a better side of her than the person he saw dealing with a thief.
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Xochitl Eztli on January 16th, 2011, 1:35 pm

Xochitl glanced over at the sight of some shortbow arrows. She pondered whether or not to get them, though she decided against it. She already had arrows and getting too many was a waste of money. Though she had quite a bt, It wouldn't be worth it to just go and buy anything and then be left broke.

She continued to walk, her strides small and quick yet they looked so graceful. As the crowds thinned to next to nothing, Xochitl pulled her cloak off and pulled her bag off her shoulders, the shortbow and arrows held in a quiver. She put the cloak in the bag and then shrugged the bag back on, which covered most of the the shortbow and the arrows. She still hadn't noticed Luke yet though. As her hair cascaded down her back, reaching to the small of her back, the breeze came by and lgihtly blew it aside, showing the two blood red roses with the same, unique pattern behind it, on her shoulder, which her shirt didn't quite cover.

Where could her brother be? For all she knew he could very well be in this city but she just hadn't looked hard enough. Yet, if she did meet him, what would she say? What could she say? Come home with me? They didn't have a home anymore. When Yao left 6 years ago he had abandoned the chance of ever living there again. And so did Xochitl when she went to search for him. They left everything behind. What Yao's cause was, she had no idea, but she had a perfectly good reason for leaving. To find him and....and what? Why was it that these thought always circled back to the exact same thing. What would she do when she met him? Why had she even gone looking for him?

She was thinking too much about it. Time was wasting and she could be using it to search for Yao. Her dear brother. Her only family.

The wind died and so did her thoughts. For now. It was then that she heard the voice of a man, talking to her. She looekd up at him as he came beside her. Jeez. He was too tall. Couldn't he shrink at all? Like, maybe walking on his knees? Though, he'd still be taller. It sucked being short. But it definately had it's advantages when fighting. Xochitl was actually caught off guard by his question, she looked away. Where she was walking. Why did he want to know where she was going? She was just some random to him wasn't she? Though, as she looekd at him again and studied him a little closer, something did seemed familar about him. Yet, she couldn't pinpoint what.

Xochitl's pale, bright green eyes studied Luke for a moment more before she looked away. Saying the same thing she had said to everyone who asked this type of question since she left 6 years ago, "To find my brother," she replied shortly. Though her tone wasn't nearly as innocent yet sharp like a knife as it was with the man. No. Not at all, it was curious, kind and cautious all at the smae time. For now. She glanced back up at him before she asked, "what's it to you? Why do you care?" she then gave a light sigh and put a lock of hair behind her ear as it blew into her face. Who was this man and what did he want?
Xochitl Eztli

Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on January 19th, 2011, 7:16 am

When the woman spoke, her tone was pleasant and curious. It was a drastic difference from what that idiot heard back there got. She simply asked him what he wanted and told him about looking for her brother. It was ironic they were both chasing after people. It was a more than a perfect situation for the two to at least meet. He easily kept up with her pace and turned his head to talk.

“I saw what you did to that man back there.” He stopped walking because it wouldn't be too long before they started walking down random streets. He didn't want to chase her around town to have a simple conversation. “It was impressive and I wanted to just have a pleasant chat with you. It's nice to gather friends that can handle themselves in a fight.” He gave the most charming smile that he could possibly muster “My name is Luke Lammergeier, I won't bite.”

///OOC\\\ Hey pebble PM me when you get the chance! Sorry I was late with this!!!
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Xochitl Eztli on January 19th, 2011, 11:08 am

Xochitl noticed the man stop and she continued for a few steps and then stopped and glanced abck at the man. After waiting for a few moments to hear what else he had to say, she actually blinke din surprise at his compliment? Did he actually just compliment her? Noone had done that before. Well other then Yao, but he was her brother. They generally did that. They were meant to. Yet a complete stranger who had just happened to witness what had happened? now that didn't happen very often. Actually, not at all. Just who was this man?

It was then that he introduced himself as Luke Lammergeier. Different name. Xochitl glanced down the street for a moment, seeing noone in sight. Great. What if he was a psychopathe that was just acting? Nah. She doubted it. Though something about him did seem overly familar. She looked back up at the man, "My name's Xochitl.. Xochitl Eztli," she said, gaze daring him to look away. She wondered why she hadn't even thought about giving her name to him. Yet, she just felt that he already knew it somehow.
Xochitl Eztli

Character sheet