Quest Falling Prey (Zach)

Zach Grasswind goes to the Unforgiving's edge for a hunt.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Falling Prey (Zach)

Postby Luminescence on October 20th, 2019, 3:13 am

Rasika was busy writing a patient being discharged a bill when the doors to the Catholicon flew open. The Eypharian woman did not pause in her writing, one pair of hands busy while her gaze flickered up; but upon seeing the exhausted and injured form of Zach stumble inside, she dropped her pen and stood, hurrying to the man's side.

The man spoke, which told the receptionist he wasn't currently in the process of dying, but he still looked seriously injured. "We?" Rasika asked, as she wrapped one of her many arms around the man to keep him upright, calling for medical staff; it was then that she noticed the misty fox curled tightly in his arm, and gave a disbelieving laugh.

"The doctors won't like that. We're not an animal hospital, you know," Rasika scolded Zach, but there was no real venom in her voice. It was Alessia herself that came trotting down the stairs to greet them.

"Than you Rasika, I'll take it from here," she said, briskly, as Zach was passed from one woman to the other, Rasika returning to her desk. Alessia frowned when she noticed the ball of white fur in Zach's arms. "We are not an animal hospital, sir," she parroted Rasika's words to Zach, though she was infinitely more disapproving.

"Regardless, your...companion does not seem in good enough shape to make it to the appropriate location. I'm sure we have someone on staff who has some knowledge of animals." She briskly barked orders to a passing nurse, and lead Zach into a room with several beds; only the farthest one from the door was occupied, by an older man who was fast asleep.

"My name is Doctor Amaryllis, and yourself?" She waited for Zach to introduce himself before continuing. "So, how did you get yourself into such a state?" Alessia asked; she cleaned some of the more minor cuts and scrapes as Zach began explaining his story, jerking his shoulder back into place mid-story when he was thoroughly distracted, giving a wry smile and asking him to continue after the moment of blinding pain gave the Drykas pause.

As she worked, a nurse came in and coaxed the exhausted and injured misty fox out of Zach's arms with some effort, spiriting the animal away to be tended to. Seeing the way Zach watched the animal go, Alessia sighed and reassured him. "Don't worry, the little thing's in good hands. Once it's been treated you're welcome to see it. Once we're sure it's not going to die on us, we'll send it to Miss Piramba. I'm sure she will need to take some time to nurse it back to full health and help it adjust to its new situation before it can be released. I'm sure she wouldn't mind some help doing so if you're so attached. It seems to like you, anyway."

Alessia gave a small smile, more genuine, and finished tying Zach's arm into a sling, speaking briskly. "An herbalist will be by to bring you some herbs to help with the pain, but you're all patched up. I highly recommend you stay the night to recover and check-out in the morning, but if you're determined to leave as soon as possible, we can't stop you." She gave Zach a pointed look before continuing.

"Wear the sling for about a week, but be careful with the arm for the next season or so. Try to avoid anything too strenuous or lifting anything too heavy during that time, or you may cause permanent damage or dislocate it again. You'll be given some herbs for the pain to take home with you, but if you're still having issues with the shoulder over the next while during the healing, don't hesitate to come back. If you have any questions the herbalist can help you."

And with that, the ever-busy doctor was gone in a whirl of her coat, leaving Zach virtually alone in the room, wounds bandaged and arm in a sling, to mull things over. Indeed as she had told Zach, not long after Doctor Amaryllis left, a young woman came by and gave him some herbs that dulled the pain considerably and made him even more exhausted, a thick but not unpleasant sleepiness settling over his weary body.

Perhaps without intending to, Zach would fall asleep there in the sterile white of the medical facility's bed while thinking over the whirlwind of events from that day; and he would dream vividly of white foxes and glowing trails among the green of trees.

OOC :
Aand scene! Thank you for your patience in finishing this thread, Zach; it was a pleasure to write and I'm glad we could finally wrap it up. :D I'll work on grading this as soon as possible!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Falling Prey (Zach)

Postby Luminescence on December 8th, 2021, 9:43 pm

Far out, you've received your grades!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Zach Grasswind

Skills

★Tracking +4
★Observation +5
★Stealth +1
★Navigation (Land) +4
★Socialization +2
★Endurance +3
★Medicine +2
★Animal Husbandry +3
★Climbing +1
★Mountaineering +3
★Wilderness Survival +3
★Running +2
★Planning +1
★Pathfinding +2

Lores

★Hunting: Prey is more plentiful further from the city
★Stealth: Stepping carefully to avoid making noise
★Lore of being caught in a hanging snare trap
★Tracking: Following a blood trail
★Tracking: Following an injured animal is easier
★Misty Peaks fauna: Misty fox
★The Unforgiving: Aptly named
★Endurance: Pushing through the pain of a dislocated shoulder
★Animal husbandry: Soothing a scared and injured animal
★Endurance: Adrenaline dulls pain
★Medicine: Popping your own dislocated shoulder back into place
★Misty Peaks fauna: Bears are bigger than expected
★Planning: Conserving energy for the future
★Medicine: Dressing a wound
★Medicine: Apply pressure to wounds to slow bleeding
★Medicine: Using a tourniquet to stop bleeding
★Navigation: Using the sun to tell direction
★Lore of being initiated into pathfinding
★Pathfinding: Different creatures leave different coloured djed trails
★Pathfinding: Following your own djed trail
★Location: The Catholicon
★People: Doctor Alessia Amaryllis
★People: Rasika, receptionist at the Catholicon
★The Catholicon: Willing to treat animals in an emergency

Other

★Gained the Pathfinding skill
★While all your injuries are healed by now, note that Zach will permanently be at higher risk of dislocating the same shoulder, and it may ache if overworked/in cold weather/etc.

Notes

This thread was a pleasure to write! Congrats on learning Pathfinding. :)

As always, please don't forget to edit or delete your grading request in the queue! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grades, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM; I'll do what I can to fix whatever the issue may be!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Previous