[Note by Luminescence] Honnor

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Honnor

Postby Honnor on December 20th, 2021, 11:45 pm

Honnor

Appearance

Race: Jamoura
Birthday: 3, Winter, 371 av.
Birthplace: The Spires

Appearance: A behemoth of a creature, Honnor is simian in appearance. He stands at a staggering 7'8 inches tall, which is considered short for his species, and weighs just over 550 lbs. More rotund than muscular in appearance, his compact appearing frame is laden with musculature beneath a rounded belly and coat of reddish brown fur. On his forearms and from his legs and torso is where his fur grows the longest, draping from his body as if it were a form of attire. The hairless skin of his face and pronounced jowls is a darker gray that makes his close-set verdure eyes glisten. Below his snout, on his chin, is the only trace of abundant hair growth that can be found on his face as light brown strands of dread-locked hair make up what Humans would typically refer to as beards.

Character Concept

Gone is the world Honnor once knew. Left with only the lingering memories of life just after the Valterrian and the struggles that the Djed had created. These memories remain, locked within the archive that is his mind as he hopes to help the land of Mizahar heal, to reorganize, to help facilitate the rejuvenation of Jamouran society.

Feeling like a stranger in a foreign land, Honnor has lost touch with The Spires as he seeks knowledge and enlightenment. An Aurist, his vision guides him, aiding him in his pursuit of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.

Taking up residence in Lhavit. A Hahk'maghtar, Honnor chooses to surround himself with the Arcane, desiring mastery over self so that he may pass down everything he has learned.

Bold, brave, genuine, and kind. Honnor is not afraid of the world around him, rather, he is naturally inquisitive of it. He is bold in that he will stand passionately for what he believes in and will protect the friends that he considers to be family or those who cannot protect themselves. A genuine and kind being, if one can get past his outward appearance, they will see the depth of his compassionate soul. However, outwardly, he can be quite intimidating which has helped him keep threats at bay without the need for conflict or violence.

But please be wary and bear one thing in mind, while he may be a gentle giant, carelessly taking his kindness for weakness or disrespecting him could quickly lead to an individual biting off more than they can chew.

Character History

Very little is known about Honnor’s past. In fact, most of his past is a carefully guarded secret. There are times where he will let details of his past slip, but more often than not, they are vague or shared under the guise of a lesson to be learned. Further details may be given to those he trusts, but that list is a very short one.

(What is known, is that Honnor hails from The Spires and was born to a father that was a renowned survivalist and a mother that was a seer, said to be kissed by the Goddess Caiyha herself. Honnor shared gifts from both of his parents. From his mother, Kabah, he began to learn how to read the varying energies of the world around him. From his father, Tifu, he learned about the wilds and various plantlife. Unfortunately, his training would be cut short as both of his parents fell victim to Human aggression and were murdered for their ‘sorcerous’ ways. This left Honnor an orphan with a heaviness and bitterness in his heart, emotions that would initially blind him from his destiny. Seeing the potential of the young Honnor, to teach forgiveness, his chieftain would send him to faraway lands, tasked with a mission to absorb the knowledge of various cultures and societies. Reluctantly he agreed and would journey through Mizahar. He was amazed by the people of the world and over time would learn that not all outsiders were as destructive as those that came before. Lhavit would become his home, steeped in power and mystery. A unique place that holds many secrets that his curiosity hungers to unveil.)

Language

Fluent Language: Jamourian
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language: N/A

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Auristics 26 SP 26 Competent
Botany 5 SP 5 Novice
Gardening 5 SP 5 Novice
Persuasion 5 SP 5 Novice
Weapon: Polearms 5 SP 5 Novice
Wilderness Survival +10 RB, 4 SP 14 Novice

Lores

Auristics: Sensing dishonesty
Wilderness Survival: Fire Starting

Possessions

-Simple Shirt
-Simple Cloak
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Kina

Heirloom: Gnarled Walking Stick - This simple walking stick, to a Jamouran is quite small. However, it is 4 feet long, pointed on one end, and blunted on the other. It is an ordinary twisted wooden stick, with the symbol of his family carved into the knotted grip (a large tree encircled by a sun). While it can be used as a weapon, against heavy armors or superior weaponry its risk of failure increases.

Housing

House: Standard size tri-domed cottage - 20x20 (400 sq ft), with a 12x12 (144 sq ft) garden. The garden comes complete with a small three foot stone wall and simple metal gate. The construction is primarily stone for the outer walls; wood for floors and roofs. This Okomo Estate home does not feature a skyglass roof. This home comes with a hearth, bed, chest, chair, small table, and a chamber pot. It is also devoid of individual rooms as Honnor is a large creature that needs as much space as possible.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 Kina 100 Kina

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Last edited by Honnor on January 3rd, 2022, 4:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Honnor
Player

Words: 3123
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2021, 8:21 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Honnor

Postby Luminescence on December 21st, 2021, 3:58 am

Let me shed some light on the situation

Welcome to Miz, Honnor! We've already spoken a bit, but my name is Luminescence; I'm a Character Sheet Liaison and Storyteller, and I'm here to help. Your CS is looking good, but there are a few things that you'll need to adjust before you can continue.

History: You mention Honnor's father is a 'shaman', however shamans don't exactly exist in Mizahar as far as I'm aware. I found two vague uses of the word in the lore and both instances referred to Myrian culture. What do you mean by shaman in this context? Was he spiritual, particularly knowledgeable about nature, etc. I would describe that instead since it's also clearer.

Human expansion would not have killed Honnor's parents as it is virtually nonexistent; the human expansion that affected Jamoura was pre-Valterrian. Post-Valterrian, the world is so dangerous and populations so low that such expansion isn't really a thing. That said, it's possible his parents were still killed by humans who were perhaps traveling and who were fearful of Jamoura and/or magic.

Skills: I want to doublecheck you know what the Intelligence skill consists of; it isn't literally one's intelligence, but rather has to do with gathering information. Strength is not a skill; however, Bodybuilding is a skill, as is Endurance.

Please label your starting package skills as SP (aside from your RB). Also, you're missing 10 SP. You're allowed 50 SP in addition to your RB. For your Wilderness Survival skill, please specify what biome you're familiar with. You get one at Novice, and being raised in the Spires it should probably be either Forest or Tundra.

Lores: Your lores are much too broad. Lores are very specific bits of knowledge. For example, an auristics lore might be 'Auristics: Recognizing strong emotions', and a botany lore might be 'Botany: Growing cycle of mint'.

Possessions: Please choose a cloak OR coat. Jamoura often don't wear clothing and definitely don't wear boots, so if you want to remove some of those items from your sheet you can (although you can't exchange them for money). If you're going to track your kina in your possessions please make sure to keep it up to date with your ledger.

General: Don't forget to link your CS to your profile! You can do so through the User Control Panel.

Once you've made the above corrections, please let me know and I'll remove this intervention. Otherwise, if you have any questions, feel free to either PM me or find me in chat!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)