[Note by Luminescence] Gilbert Grimwald

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Gilbert Grimwald

Postby Gilbert Grimwald on January 6th, 2022, 6:48 pm

Gilbert Grimwald

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 13, Winter, 486 av
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance: In a land filled with exotic species, Gilbert Grimwald is your average human being. His face is unblemished and his white skin has been slightly kissed by the sun. His hair is a long tangle of blonde that despite his young age, is showing signs of whitening and his pointed chin is cradled by a shaggy beard. His most distinguishing features are his magnificent blue eyes and his face which typically flaunts a smile that makes it seem as though he hasn't a care in the world. His body is thin and he is fairly tall, standing at an even 6 feet tall and weighing just 160 pounds.

Character Concept

Gilbert Grimwald is a jovial being, often finding the silver lining, even on the darkest of days. However, there is an underlying seriousness and hunger for knowledge that drives him. When not practicing Calligraphy, he is often found spinning a yarn or playing his Lute for the people of Zeltiva. Great Joy can be found in music but there is also sorrow and pain. Tapping into raw emotion through sound is truly inspiring.

However, behind his seemingly extroverted persona, there lies an introvert that hides his true purpose in life. A practitioner of Projection and Glyphing, Gilbert practices his art and craft in quiet, careful not to let word of these skills fall on burning ears. Afterall, his very existence depends on his silence and secretive lifestyle. Always on the search for individuals he can actually trust is a tiresome endeavor but true companionship is dependent on his vigilance.

Character History

Much of Gilbert's past life is shrouded in mystery, partially because he doesn't wish to share with others that his father was a wizard and his mother was a librarian and teacher. That alone would be enough to stir suspicion in the inhabitants of Mizahar.

What is known is his father was gifted with Projection and Reimancy. In fact, his father is the one who started Gilbert down the path of magic and began tearing his son's soul at a very young age, teaching him how to separate his astral existence from his physical one.

These basics would stick with Gilbert, even after his father was exiled into the Wilds. But his training wasn't even close to being complete. In fact, outside of the basics, it hadn't even really begun. He was devastated when his father was ousted and shunned, but one lesson was learned from his loss. He could never freely discuss his passion or newly obtained skills with anyone or he would suffer the same fate, perhaps worse.

His mother raised him with love while she continued teaching at the academy. She instilled in him a love for art and music and showed him the beauty that could be plucked from the darkness that weighed heavily on the hearts of others. Her love for Gilbert and for her city was what carried her through to her final breath, and with her passing, her loss was felt by all. Yet, with her final chapter, came Gilbert's first. No one knows what the future holds for him, not even himself.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language:
Poor Language:

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Projection +15 RB, 11 SP 26 Competent
Busking 5 SP 5 Novice
Calligraphy 9 SP 9 Novice
Musical Instrument: Lute 5 SP 5 Novice
Storytelling 10 SP 10 Novice
Weapon Skill: Staves 5 SP 5 Novice

Lores

Zeltiva: Streetplan
History: Projection

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

-Lute (Gwyndoline)

Heirloom: Staff of House Grimwald: The wooden staff is your typical Gnarled piece of wood with metallic engravings at one end. The engravings are a tarnished steel in color and is the Grimwald Creed written in Ancient Tongue.

Housing

House: Flat, roughly 20x20, includes a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and table.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Lute -55 GM 45 GM

Thread List
Gilbert Grimwald
Player

Words: 2280
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2021, 7:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Gilbert Grimwald

Postby Luminescence on January 8th, 2022, 3:26 am

Let me shed some light on the situation

Welcome to Miz, Gilbert! My name is Luminescence; I'm a Character Sheet Liaison and Storyteller, and I'm here to help. Your CS is looking good, but there are a few things that you'll need to adjust before you can continue.

Age/Birthday: As it is currently winter 521 AV, Gilbert would be 35. Please adjust either his age or birthday accordingly.

History: While much of Mizahar is distrustful of magic, this attitude can vary between cities, and Zeltiva is actually quite tolerant and encouraging of magic. As such, Gilbert's father wouldn't be shunned for magic unless he was practicing a taboo magic (such as leeching) or was abusing his magic in a manner harmful to the city/other people. This also means that Gilbert is perfectly safe to practice/discuss his magic in Zeltiva.

Skills: You've shorted yourself 5 SP; you currently only have 45 SP, so feel free to add in those extra points where you would like. You specifically mention Gilbert knowing Glyphing in your concept, so I suggest putting those 5 SP into Glyphing; if you don't choose to start with the Glyphing skill, please remove that bit from your concept.

Lores: I believe someone pointed this out in chat, but your lore on projection history is broad and a bit confusing; if you want to keep a projection lore, I would suggest something like 'Projection: Correctly reattaching to your body'.

Possessions: If you're going to track your mizas in your possessions, please be sure to keep it up to date with your ledger.

General: Please be aware that Zeltiva doesn't have a dedicated Storyteller, so job and wage requests will have to go through the Help Desk. Also, you must post in a domain's seasonal character registry before posting; Zeltiva's can be found here.

Once you've made the above corrections, please let me know and I'll remove this intervention. Otherwise, if you have any questions, feel free to either PM me or find me in chat!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)