Solo Venturous Sunshine

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 1:45 am

72nd of Spring, 522 AV

D’Varrus was not the sort to make his choices idly. Even in captivity he would try to exert some measure of control, anything to keep himself from feeling trapped by his circumstances. He made that small cell his territory, and when he ate it was because he wanted to. It was part of the great lie he had told himself. He realized that now. Now that he had a taste of what true freedom was like. The freedom to roam wherever he wished. Hunt whatever he liked. Eat whenever he wanted to. Though there was still a piece missing. A part of himself he lacked, that made him feel a great longing when he saw the way how other people interacted. It was a difficult feeling to put into words but that moment he had shared with Indigo was the closest he had come to forming a connection with anyone.

He wondered where she was now while he was on his way to Matthias’ place. While the start of their encounter had been rocky, they had parted more or less amicably. D’Varrus had to figure that because of her curse, wherever she was Indigo was staying put with a friend. He just wished she had stayed with him instead. Well, there was little point in dwelling upon that now. He had work to do, people to meet, and a whole settlement to uncover if he was to do his job right. Which he intended to do. Hence why he was going with Matthias today to meet with a few of the residents, and introduce himself. Although word travels fast in a settlement such as this, D’Varrus and Matthias both had agreed that it would go more smoothly if he introduced himself while a founder was present. Tension in the settlement was rather high with all the cursing going on, and strangers were not as welcome anymore. There was a layer of distrust that hung like low morning fog over Syka. A sentiment D’Varrus understood well.

Walking up onto the deck, he heard Matthias before he saw the man. He was talking with another. A blond haired, blue eyed lad stripped to the waist with a rod in the water. They both turned to him as he walked up, with Matthias letting go of his rod with one hand, and extending it out in greeting. D’Varrus clasped Matthias’ hand back, and gave a slight smile.

“Good to see you D’Varrus. We’re just waiting on Buraga before we head out. Why don’t you grab a seat, or a rod if you’ve a mind to.” Matthias said, gesturing to the chairs out on the deck and a couple of spare rods that leaned against the house. D’Varrus shook his head slightly, and was about to say something when the other man extended his hand.

“D’Varrus eh? My name is Shoal. I keep myself busy repairing ships, fishing and surfing off the beaches around here. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.” Shoal said, grasping his hand firmly before giving it a brisk shake.

WC - 508
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Words: 87654
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2022, 2:17 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 1:46 am

“Pleasure to meet you as well Shoal, and thanks for the offer Matthias, though I think I’ll just stand and watch for now. Sitting down might put me to sleep.” D’Varrus admitted, pulling at the lower half of his face as he stifled a yawn. He leaned slightly against the railing as his eyes traveled out onto the beautiful turquoise water.

“Well the offer still stands. Not just today either, I know I’ve told you this before but feel free to drop by anytime.” Matthias said. “Have you worked out your schedule with Buraga yet?”

D’Varrus shook his head. “No. I’ve been experimenting with it. I’ll probably start patrol early into the evening when its just getting dark and stop when morning comes. That’ll be the best use of my abilities I think, and I find those bells to be preferable to be awake in. I can handle any business I need to in the morning after my patrol and before I go to sleep.” D’Varrus said, turning as he explained his reasoning to look at the source of noise he heard creaking behind him. It was Buraga, a swarthy looking man with a frustrated look on his face till D’Varrus turned about to see him. That expression relaxed somewhat, but from the way the man moved D’Varrus thought he was in pain.

“Ello there D’Varrus. That sounds just fine. My name is Buraga” The man said, introducing into the conversation a range of smells that burned at the back of his nose. Above the subtle smoky undertone there was something medicinal about his scent paired with an equally pungent flower. Wrinkling his nose, D’Varrus forced a smile as he accepted the man’s greeting.

“Pleasure meeting you Buraga. Matthias told me we would be working together soon.” D’Varrus said, twisting his body so that he was also facing the others and including them in on the conversation.

“Well, yes. We’ll get to that here in a bit” Buraga said with a slight grimace that was folded over a smile as he patted D’Varrus on the shoulder.

“Is it bad today?” Matthias asked, walking over to join in on the conversation.

“Its manageable. Kami gave me a few things to help me sleep, but I can’t do anything for the pain during the day if I want to remain sharp.” Buraga said with a sigh as he touched his shoulder reflexively.

“Well don’t push yourself too hard. Take a break when you need one. Better than having an accident” Matthias reassured him as Shoal came over to exchange a brief hug with Buraga.

“Nice to see you again big guy. I knew no curse could keep you down.” Shoal said, and then briefly looked regretful that he’d said something when he looked to D’Varrus.

“That’s alright. D’Varrus has already seen the signs all about Syka. Everyone has. He’s here to help. Help we could certainly use with so many stricken with curses. Just stay well away from the children’s pavilion. We aren’t exactly sure yet who is behind the curses but some of our number believe they are hiding amongst the orphans we brought back on the tenth of this season. So to avoid becoming cursed yourself, I’d advise you to avoid any children you come across just to be safe until we get this figured out. Myself and Stu are immune because we are priests while Shoal here has managed to avoid any contact with the person behind these curses.” Matthias explained, clapping Shoal on the shoulder in turn as he looked back to Buraga.

WC - 595
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 1:54 am

“Well I guess we’ll get going? You’ve already given him a tour of the settlement proper right?” Buraga asked with a tight lipped smile.

Matthias nodded. “Yep, if you two come back later I’ll try and see if I cant get a little gathering going.”

Buraga nodded and turned to head back down to the beach with D’Varrus following shortly thereafter.

“So what do you know about surviving in the jungle?” Buraga asked as they walked out onto the sand.

“Nothing really aside from a few small things I’ve picked up since arriving here. I’ve learned to avoid straying from the paths into the jungle as its pretty easy to get lost.” D’Varrus reasoned slowly.

“Well, we’ll work on that. For now, suffice it to say the jungle is very dangerous and you should avoid going out into it on your own until you become more acquainted with navigating it and mitigating its dangers. There are all kinds of poisonous plants, venomous reptiles and deadly insects out there for you to run into not to mention how easy it is to get lost. If you want to get a taste for it, ask Uta to take you. She probably won’t mind the extra protection, and if you have something a little extra to barter, that’ll go a long way to buying your goodwill around here.”

“Till then your primary responsibility will be patrolling the settlement, spotting threats, and being helping residents get medical attention if they need it. You’ll also need to be around to potentially diffuse situations as things are rather tense here in Syka right now.” Buraga said, stooping to crouch by something that had washed up on the beach. It looked like a clear viscous sack unlike anything he had ever seen. Barely perceptible, several long, thin streamers stretched out behind it across the sand.

“This is a jelly fish. If you see one these on the beach, toss them back into the ocean, but make sure you wear gloves. These tentacles coming off the main body can sting you. Sometimes the sting can be incredibly painful or even deadly so use caution when you approach one. There could be tentacles buried in the sand that you don’t see before you step on it. Normally we would just throw this one in the water and be done with it, having made sure no one walking the beach accidentally stepped on it. However I don’t know what kind this is so we’ll bring it along over to Uta’s later to see if she can help us identify it. I think it would be a good learning experience for us both.” Buraga said with a slight smile as he picked up the jellyfish along the side that looked like a gelatinous sack. Then carefully he stowed it in a small, canvas bag he kept hanging off the backside of his backpack.

“Are there a lot of those things around? They seem like they would be just as hard, if not harder to spot in the water.” D’Varrus reasoned as Buraga was just wrapping up.

“Not that many drift into the bay. I think the sea turtles keep their population low so we don’t even get that many that wash up onto the beach which is fortunate because we haven’t figured out much of a treatment for the stings. Kami and Jansen, our healers over at the Panacea, have been able to take care of the few stings we’ve seen so far, but if the bay were suddenly full of them I don’t know what we’d do. Probably make sure no one swam in the sea for a while which would be difficult with this lot.” Buraga said with a shrug as they continued walking down the beach.

WC - 628
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 1:55 am

“The Panacea is over there right? Matthias showed me the other day, but I’m still getting my bearings around the settlement.” D’Varrus said.

“That’s right. Jansen and Kami are nice enough people. They’ll treat you for free if you’ve got any issues that need fixing. Jansen is one of those Akalak from Riverfall. Bigger than me, and a shade of purplish blue you can’t miss. Nice man. Its a shame his curse has got him falling asleep at random ticks. Kami, well she has a twin somewhere here in Syka but I forget who. She’s tan as a nut and beautiful to boot. Her curse is just that she can’t remember anyone’s name which isn’t so bad when compared to some of the other’s I’ve seen.”

“These curses, they began this season right?” D’Varrus asked cautiously.

Buraga nodded. “Well before you showed up so don’t you worry about anyone pinning that business on you. Still, everyone is a bit on edge ever sense things started going awry after the Veronica made port on the tenth.” As they were walking, Buraga abruptly cut across the beach towards a palm tree with a note nailed across the side of it. Gesturing to it, he turned to D’Varrus. “We’ve got these all around Syka as I’m sure you’ve noticed by now. It details the various curses that everyone is currently dealing with. Here have another look at it, and tell me what you think.”

D’Varrus stepping up to the palm tree did just that. It was a list of names and alongside them were a list of curses, some more terrible than others. It was a simple enough read with names that he occasionally recognized.

WC - 282
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 1:56 am

Mathias - Unaffected

James - Has lost all sense of direction

Randal - Has become bestial in his features

Cleon - Has Extreme Cravings

Faye - Ages 5 years every day, when extremely elderly, ages to a newborn

Oralie - Chased by a violent dark shadow that hurts her

Naadiya - Sometimes becomes a male then becomes a female

Tazrae - No one remembers her

Shade - Wakes up knowing a new language each day fluently but forgets all other languages

Moritz - I think he lies? Uncertain... for he tells tall untrue tales

Crylon - Spontaniously hugs people

Shiress - Haunted by a violent ghost of a person she killed

Antelokes - Gets visions from various Gods

Ialari - Flesh rots off her and she sees herself decaying

Reve - When he touches metal it rusts, rots, and decays

Indigo - Gets lost after only a few steps

Uta - Is magnetic

Juli - Hears sound as visual color

Stu - Unaffected

Jansen - Narcolepsy

Rainmere - Afraid of the dark

Artik - Extreme hair growth

Gracelin - Tremors in her hands

Duncan - After regaining vision has gone blind again

Buraga - Crippling muscle cramping of random muscles

Tony - Plants die at his touch

Dawn - Allerigic to Isusas

Nesra - Constantly breaks things

Lars - Extremely forgetful

Ken - Assumed his kelvic shape of a fowl and hasn't regained his human shape since

Xander - Extreme arthritis for his young age and immobility in his digits

An'um - Loss of the use of Nura language which is divinely granted by her gnosis of Caiyha

Kami - Cannot remember people's names though she knows them

Zayne - Food appears rotten, tastes spoiled, often vomits up perfectly healthy meals

Sorien - Fires spread around him... burning candles set things alight, campfires escape their fire rings

Michaela - Voices in her head tell her to hurt herself
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 1:57 am

It was quite a lengthy list all told, he hadn’t realized that there were so many people running about this small settlement though it made sense after a fashion. Spotting Buraga’s name on there, he realized why Matthias had mentioned the pain earlier. His curse was on the worse side of things all told, and he wasn’t sure exactly how Buraga was managing to appear so normal.

“How often does your curse afflict you this way?” D’Varrus asked after he had taken enough time to thoroughly look through the list.

Buraga shrugged. “Its random. No rhyme or reason to it really. Sometimes it’ll be every chime or so, and sometimes it takes bells. Today is one of the good days, though I’ve got some tonic to mitigate the worst of it if need be.” Buraga said, patting his hip pocket.

“All of these curses.. They seem targeted yes?” D’Varrus said as he slowly puzzled over the list. “I can’t say for certain of course because I don’t know most of the people on this list, but I have met Dawn before who works at the clothing shop, and Indigo who seems to enjoy her independence.”

Buraga cocked his head. “You met Indigo? How’d that go?”

Now it was D’Varrus’ turn to shrug. “It went. She’s tenacious I’ll give her that.”

Burage had a chuckle at that which quickly turned into a pained grimace as he doubled over holding his shoulder. It only lasted a few ticks but when he came up D’Varrus could see a fresh sheen of sweat across the man’s forehead.

“Well I agree, they do seem to be targeted, some less so than others. What else do you think about this list?” Buraga asked.

D’Varrus took another look, and scratched behind his ear. “There are a few curses here that seem like they require a good deal of monitoring. Shiress and Oralie for example should be checked on often to make sure that they get prompt medical attention when they need it. Perhaps have someone stay with them if that is at all possible. Sorian on the other hand should be kept as far as possible from any potential fires that might spread, likely meaning someone should bring his meals to him, and any work he needs to get done should be in broad daylight.” D’Varrus said, humming softly to himself fas he worked back up the list. “Ken and Indigo should be kept somewhere safe in the settlement, perhaps with James. Someone should also follow Tazrae around to make sure that she doesn’t get into any trouble, and follow Cleon around to make sure he doesn’t start any trouble. Jansen should either have someone that tags along with him just in case he falls over, or better yet stay somewhere that won’t get him hurt when he accidentally falls asleep. Lars should also probably stay in Syka proper if he isn’t already because he could forget about getting an injury treated along the way. Aside from that, well the rest are pretty self manageable or not enough of a cause for concern aside from maybe making sure Zayne is eating, and Ialari isn’t going insane.” D’Varrus said, turning back to Buraga.

WC - 535
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 1:58 am

“Fine ideas those, unfortunately we simple don’t have the resources to keep tabs on everyone. Some of what you said we are doing already, but when it comes to putting eyes on these people we are terribly low on manpower. Indigo and Ken are easy enough to coral, but..” Buraga looked at the paper. “Tazrae is particularly hard to find because of their curse, and even if we could find them, we simply don’t have the ability to keep eyes on wherever they go. Same goes for that boy Cleon. I do try to check on Shiress and Oralie when I can though, as I try to check on everyone. Oralie and Shiress are staying over at the Inn if you ever want to pop by to say hello. Oralie is also a kelvic, an Ocelot I think.”

D’Varrus nodded. “Yeah, Matthias mentioned that I think. I’ll do that though, work it into my route. Where are Indigo and Ken being kept?” D’Varrus asked.

“Well Ken is staying with the chickens over at the Protea Inn that we passed not long ago. Indigo I think is staying with Uta. Something about keeping close to the jungle and all that. Like I said, we’ll drop by there later. First I want you to meet Zayne. He’s quite good at unarmed combat and I think you could learn a thing or two from him. I’m better with a weapon in my hand, and we’ll start you training with one soon. Do you have any preferences in that regard?”

D’Varrus shook his head. “Not really. I’m only really familiar with unarmed combat. I suppose if I had to learn a weapon I would want it to be a small one that was easy to carry around. I have a blade that I found shortly before coming here, but it is beat to shite. I’d prefer something with a bit more utility.”

Buraga nodded. “I’ll get my hands on something for you then. First lets go pay Zayne a visit.” Buraga said as they started up away from the beach to cross through the commons.

He took them to a small, open air hut with beautiful wood flooring and several cloth mats rolled up. A man with short brown hair was currently working at unrolling the last few mats when he looked up to smile at him. It was a genuine smile, though the man himself looked pale and haggard. D’Varrus could only assume that this was Zayne because it looked as if it had been quite some time sense the man had eaten a proper meal.

“Buraga, come for another massage?” Zayne asked as they walked up, extending his arm out to clasp both of theirs in greeting.

Buraga shook his head. “Nope, just showing our newest guard around. Zayne, meet D’Varrus.” Buraga said gesturing. “He says he’s fairly good at unarmed combat. I figure you two might enjoy sparring together sometime.”

“Well you are more than welcome to join us for a class sometime D’Varrus. Things have been rather tense lately so there are a fair bit of newcomers dropping by to distress with a good spar. You won’t lack for partners if you decide to come.” Zayne said, clapping him on the shoulder.

WC - 547
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 1:59 am

“How are you managing Zayne?” Buraga asked.

Zayne tilted his head slightly to the side. “I’ve been better. Eating has become a pure effort of will, as has keeping the food down but I’m doing my best to eat regularly if that is what you mean.”

“Well hopefully we get this solved here soon. Seems we got a few leads since that last tenday that the founders are chasing down.” Buraga reasoned and then looked around slightly before settling on D’Varrus. “I suppose we won’t hold you up from getting your class ready any longer. People will be filtering in any tick now. Besides we better get to Uta’s before my tonic wears off. I’m going to need a fresh supply here soon.”

Zayne nodded, and looked to D’Varrus. “Well make sure you drop by again soon. Both of you. I’ll be happy to train you when you do.”

“Thanks” D’Varrus said, nodding his head slightly as he turned to follow Buraga away from the hut. As they drifted away from the building, D’Varrus asked what was on his mind. “What else does he do there besides teach unarmed combat?”

“Well the Tranquility Center has kind of become a lot of things sense it was introduced. For the most part Zayne teaches yoga and stretching while using a private back room to give massages. He also teaches a bit of magic to those he trusts, namely Flux and Projection. Others like Rainmere use the studio to teach firedancing classes, or just regular dancing. Zayne also encourages those who wish to practice with a staff or Tonfa in his main studio.”

“Whats a tonfa?” D’Varrus asked.

“They’re like mini staffs you wield with your hand. You might like to practice with them actually.” Buraga said. “Ask him to show you the next time you drop by.”

D’Varrus made a mental note to do just that as they carried on up the cobblestone path, eventually arriving at their destination.

D’Varrus could see why Indigo would like a place like this. The building was practically ensconced by jungle and hanging over a stream that quietly burbled below. Before they crossed over the bridge that lead to it though, Buraga guided him over to a tree where they hung their bags and stowed away anything metallic before entering the structure. Buraga made sure to bring his bag along while D’Varrus followed him across the bridge to where he knocked on the door.

A woman with short blond hair popped her head out, and then welcomed them inside. D’Varrus was about to introduce himself when he spotted Indigo at the table. Right away mixed feeling from that night bubbled up within him as the woman looked up to meet his gaze.

“Hello D’Varrus.” Indigo said simply, without looking up from the basket she was currently busy making.

“Hello Indigo, and you must be Uta. Its.. Uh nice to see you.” D’Varrus said hesitantly as he shook the woman’s hand.

“Pleasure to meet you as well. I had heard that we had a new kelvic about but Indigo hadn’t mentioned that you were acquainted.” Uta said, shooting Indigo a look before she exchanged a glance with Buraga. “How are your cramps today?”

“Not as bad as yesterday, though I figured while I was showing D’Varrus around I’d come by to let you know I’m running low on tonic.” Buraga said with a grunt, rubbing his shoulder absentmindedly as he looked over at Indigo. “Keeping out of trouble?”

“..Yes” Indigo said somewhat petulantly, and Buraga just sighed. “Also, I brought something I was hoping you can help identify. I figure it would help D’Varrus while he was out on patrol. He needs to get acquainted with the various dangers we already know about before I set him loose on his own. So who better than you and Indigo? I hope you don’t mind I volunteered your services. I’ll figure out a way to pay you back.”

Uta patted the air as she gave a slight shrug. “You worry too much. I don’t mind at all, and I don’t think Indigo will either. Come over to the desk and lay it out carefully if you can. I’ll see if I can help.” Uta said, gesturing them further back into the abode where Buraga laid out the jelly fish. Indigo got up to stand near the table as well.

“Hmm well I don’t-” Uta started to say when Indigo interrupted. “Its a box jellyfish. Careful its sting is very venomous.”

D’Varrus took a step back from it, studying it for a moment before looking from Uta to Indigo.

“Its very painful. Aside from large welts it leaves on your skin, it makes it harder for you to think, and breath. I’ve seen it make a few people sink, while others it afflicts with massive headaches, or muscle pain.” Indigo said, briefly looking at Buraga.

“Well, thank you Indigo. You can just leave this with me, and call us even. I know someone here in Syka that can make good use of this jellyfish, hopefully in a way that will help anyone who gets stung by this sort of creature in the future. They would find this quite valuable for their research so I think that is more than a fair trade for a bit of my time. When would you like to go out in the jungle D’Varrus?”

“I’m not sure. Soon though I’m still working out my sleeping schedule. Morning would probably be best, as early as possible. I’ll be up anyways.” D’Varrus said.

“Alright, morning works for me. Just let me know if you change your mind. Buraga, it was nice seeing you. I’ll make sure to get some more Curare over to the Panace later” Uta said with a slight smile.

WC - 970
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Venturous Sunshine

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 29th, 2022, 2:00 am

“Thank you for your time Uta, and it was nice seeing you Indigo. I’ll be sure to drop by again soon.” Buraga said as he headed for the door. D’Varrus hesitated for a moment, remembering a conversation he’d had not too long ago.

“Can Indigo come when we go out? She really helped me out of a bit of trouble, and I’d like to have her added expertise along for the trip.” D’Varrus said, trying to choose his words carefully so as to not put Indigo on the spot in a bad way. He could tell immediately from the way Uta’s expression slightly changed that she saw through his words and was currently suppressing a slight bit of amusement that upturned her lips into a gentle smile.

“Of course. Actually that reminds me, I needed to ask you something privately Buraga if you would step outside with me real quick.” Uta said, hastily leaving the room with Buraga and shutting the door behind her, leaving the two of them to stand quietly for a few ticks till Indigo dug out something from her pack. Before he could register, she pushed a thin wooden box into his hand. It looked rather well made, with a small iron knob on the front he assumed was used to open and close the box. Stenciled in red oil pain across the top was the title “Alister’s Everburning Tinderbox”. D’Varrus looked up from it with a hint of a question on his lips.

“Its just something I found some time ago. Nothing really, stuff like this washes up all the time or turns up in the jungle like this one did. It will help you start fires. Don’t worry about using up the tinder inside, it always comes back after a day or so, and when its lit not even rain will put it out. I figure as helpless as you are, you could use all the help you can get.” Indigo explained with a wry smile as he opened up the box and inspected the contents briefly before shutting it.

“Well.. Thank you I think? I’ll make good use of it I’m sure.” He said putting the box under his arm as he turned to face her more solidly. “I guess I should get going. Buraga’s got to walk me through the rest of the settlement and then I should sleep before patrolling tonight.”

Indigo slightly nodded, and turned slightly to go back to her basket that was half finished, though she hesitated before she turned about completely.

“Thank you for inviting me along. Be seeing you.” Indigo said, and with that D’Varrus turned around to exit the abode. After saying their goodbyes to Uta, and grabbing their things, Buraga gave him a brief walk around the route he wanted him to use on his first night. It mostly involved skirting the edge of the settlement, keeping to the cobblestone paths and other trails throughout that people might use. In so doing he could inspect them for tracks and any other signs of danger he could pick up in his jaguar form. If a path was damaged he was to make a note of it and bringing up to Buraga when they saw eachother again. All things he had no problem doing as they seemed relatively straight forward. Under no circumstances was he to go out into the jungle alone, and he was strongly encouraged to learn as much he could about it as soon as possible so he could better help protect the settlement by ranging into the jungle where he might be able to uncover more signs before they got close to the settlement. He made a mental note to arrange such an expedition with Uta and Indigo as he said he would do, partially because he liked the idea of maybe having that hint of connection again with Indigo. Partially because he knew this jungle wasn't going to get any easier to understand by sitting on his ass. He needed to get out and conquer it as soon as possible if he was to remain truly independent. If it was as dangerous as they said it was, perhaps it could be a way to keep the slavers off his back if they ever came looking for him. It would be a good option for a retreat if it came to it. Certainly, there had to be placed out there he could lay low for a few days. They wouldn't be seeking out any of the other residents after all, just him who they probably considered very valuable.

Anyways he was getting off track. Buraga was just wrapping up with his objectives as they returned back around Matthias’ place and D’Varrus continued on his back home alone to get a little sleep before night fell. He rather liked Buraga all told and looked forward to working with the man. It seemed like he really did have a lot to learn about living here, and now at least, he knew who he was to go to. The rest of the season was going to be rather eventful from the sound of things and putting his tinder box away, D’Varrus actually found himself looking forward to it. Laying in bed it took him a while to finally drift off, and when he did he dreamed of what his first patrol might bring. He had met quite a few people along his travels today, all of them more interesting than the company he had kept before Syka. Suffice it to say he thought he was going to like this place.

WC - 935
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)