Open A Little Boys Birthday Party

Tazrae decides to do something special for Ian for his 4th birthday.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Little Boys Birthday Party

Postby Cleon on June 28th, 2022, 3:25 am

Cleon set down the keg with a grunt, on the floor next to the nearest table. Wiping the sweat off of his brow, he took a seat, flashing a grin over at Faye before looking at Shiress who was addressing him. “Sure, I don’t mind in the slightest. I could keep an eye on Ian for the moment if you wanted.” He said, looking over at the boy who’d managed to get himself covered with breakfast which drew a smirk out of Cleon. It reminded him quite a bit of what it had been like raising Faye, something fresh on his mind after the past season. He still regretted deeply his behavior that had gotten them both pretty scorched by sunburn but looking upon Faye’s face now he could tell she didn’t hold it against him even though she had every right to. This would be the season to make it up to her, and start laying down roots with something more permanent then the room they rented at the Inn. Not that he wasn’t grateful for Tazrae’s hospitality, he hadn’t felt so good nor ate so well ever before, however getting a place of their own just felt like something he had to do.

Such thoughts could wait however, first they had a birthday party to celebrate for, and after last season, Cleon felt Syka needed something like that to lighten the mood. “Stu suggested a game called just under where we all try walking under a bar set across two poles that gets progressively lower and lower. I’m… well I’m not nearly as good at explaining it, but the way he described it, the game sounded like a good bit of fun.” Cleon said as he turned his mind towards a grumbling in his belly. Realizing he was famished, he grabbed a plate and quickly tucked into it while sparing a glance at Ian every tick or so to keep an eye on the boy while Cleon considered other ideas.

Food of course got him thinking about the strange gift he had received last season. A small clay jar full of candied fruit with a note that he had yet to fully explore. Perhaps he could do so today, and maybe share in the fun depending on how it all worked out. Cleon had a yearning to get out onto the water anyways, and after practicing in the Community pool for so long, he felt he was ready for the sea now. Maybe even purchase a board of his own. There was an idea.

Cleon finished the bite that was already in his mouth before he decided to speak. He looked at Shiress because she was the nearest, but he spoke loudly enough for the whole room to hear. “Would any of you be interested in getting out onto the water today? I could go find Randal and see if he would mind me bringing a few things down from the shop for us all to have fun with. I’ve a mind to do a little surfing myself later, but there are paddle boards and such too.” Cleon said, reasoning as picked another bite out of his plate. Savoring every one. He hadn’t realized how much of his taste had been changed by his affliction. Not bad persay, just bland so now it felt like every piece was just bursting with flavor. It was hard to stop himself from inhaling the whole plate, although being preoccupied as he was certainly helped to slow him down.

“I’ve got something that I personally need to test, but if it works, I think I might have an idea for another game for the more adventurous.” Cleon smirked, his thoughts still very much on the sea. It was shaping up to be such a pleasant day, and suddenly he found himself with so many choices that it was hard to decide what to do first. A nice problem to have he considered briefly before deciding that after he cleaned up he could see about setting up a few things for the kids. Over the course of last season he had gotten fairly good at putting things together with wood, and he wouldn’t mind going on a few errands to make sure this birthday was special.

Picking up his dirty dishes, he took them over to get washed before approaching Tazrae about another idea that had come time mind. “What do you think about me setting up a training dummy for the kids to play with. I acquired on last season in order to practice a little bit, and I think paired with a couple of sticks it could be a good way for the children to get their energy out. Plus its never a bad idea to start training early.” He reasoned, considering that he could probably build a few more in his free time with a little practice. “If its really popular, maybe we could find an area to set a few up in. I certainly wouldn’t mind trying my hand at building them.” It was an interesting idea, but definitely one that would require a bit more experience on his part since he was only really used to working on surfboards.

Fortunately Stu’s idea didn’t sound like it would require a whole lot of expertise on his part, plugging his training dummy into the ground would be a simple enough assignment. He supposed he could get to work on shaping a few sticks for the kids to whack at the training dummy with, making sure they were smooth and not likely to splinter in their hands, stuff like that. He definitely had the urge to do something with his hands. Depending on what they decided to do with his ideas, Cleon stayed ready to go back out again, eager to keep himself busy because it kept his thoughts away from the previous season. Given what he suggested, keeping busy wouldn’t be a problem as he needed to test out the deep sea candies, see about placing the training dummy, preparing a few sticks for said training dummy, going to see Randal about purchasing a surfboard, and possibly going around Syka to invite people he came across while on his errands while picking their brains for ideas about the party. All in all, he was excited, and he lingered near the entrance of the Protea until he had a firm decision about where to start.

WC - 1,074

Cleon
Player

Words: 492860
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2022, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

A Little Boys Birthday Party

Postby Faye on June 28th, 2022, 3:37 am

Date, Season, Year

Surprisingly, Faye didn’t feel uncomfortable to be left alone by Cleon. She felt comfortable enough around Tazrae, and Ian, so by proxy Shiress was included in that. It made her feel good to be a part of the decision making process, and already had her thinking a good deal of what she could do to help decorate. She brightened up at Tazrae’s suggestion as it would also be an excuse to do a little shopping for clothes that she wanted now that she wasn’t changing sizes several times over the course of a season. Besides that, she’d never dyed cloth before and it could be something fun to learn although she wasn’t sure how she would make patterns out of it just yet.

“I could do that. I think if we made them out of cotton we could use them again later for another party, right?” She asked, not so quite sure of herself as her statements shifted into a question. It wasn’t something that she had really worked with before, but she knew a little bit about sewing so Faye figured that she would be able to get the hang of it with some guidance. The subject of painting supplies certainly peaked her interest but for different reasons not altogether associated with decorating. It was something Cleon would admonish her for, playing when there was work to be done she decided to forgo the paints for now and stick with the more practical ways she could help decorate.

Of course, going shopping wasn’t far from her mind either, but she stuck around for a while as she finished her breakfast and alternated between watching everyone. She liked Ian’s choice of animals, although she wasn’t sure how good she’d be at capturing such creatures on cloth. Maybe if she really, really simplified their designs down she could do it, but that was a big if. It felt a bit funny watching Shiress interact with her son, something that had been missing from her own upbringing, but she didn’t dwell on that thought, instead moving along to decided if she would check their room or under the cupboard first before going out on her errand.

She must have wasted more time than she thought because Cleon managed to make it back before she really decided what to do with herself, and she felt a little caught out like she was about to be admonished. Fortunately, the reprimand never came, and Shiress saved her was a suggestion that she borrow her for a moment to help decorate which Faye was extremely grateful for, then a little nervous as she look at the woman. They were virtually strangers to one another, and Faye’s small bit of experience with Shiress left her feeling slightly intimidated, but looking at the woman now, she just felt bad for what she must have gone through during the previous season. The way she looked made Faye realize just how lightly she had gotten off last season, although that wasn’t exactly fair to say as her season had been torment enough in her eyes with a myriad of problems beyond just clothing.

Still she accepted the offer readily enough, shaking her head eagerly at Shiress’ suggestion and glad when Cleon didn’t raise a fuss about it. “I’d love to help Shiress, and then after would you like to go to the Mercantile and Tropical Fever Fashions with me?” She asked, following along to wherever the woman lead. Faye hadn’t ever heard of these wax sticks she had mentioned, but they sounded like they could be pretty fun for decorating with so she was intrigued to see what Shiress had in mind. “I know a bit about sewing if you think that will help.” Then paused, looking at Shiress nervously for a moment before offering a tentative smile. “Um… well do you think you could show me how to construct the paper lanterns that can fly later?”

It was an intriguing suggestion that had caught her imagination right away, and it gave her a thought that she wanted to explore. “Do you think we could attach strings to them, and you know, sort of fly them around?” She asked, swiftly following up the second question. Faye wasn’t much for silent pauses in conversation, something she knew irritated her brother, but she really couldn’t help herself once she got going. There were just thoughts that needed to be spoken aloud was the simplest way she could explain it. She gave Shiress an apologetic look, hoping that she would understand.

“Is this your first birthday party?” She blurted next as she realized that this was indeed her first party if one didn’t count the events of last season which had been overshadowed by the curse. As she asked it, she studied Shiress’s face, looking more serious than she intended to as she leaned intently towards the woman.

WC - 815
Faye
Player

Words: 82075
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2022, 3:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous