Completed Lessons for Days (Part II)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Lessons for Days (Part II)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 6:05 pm

2nd of Summer, 522 A.V.
The Protea Inn

Having just completed his reading on the subject of outdoors awareness when it comes to the Jungle, Rhydian had decided that it would have been best for him to train up his body. There was no point in only training up his mind, after all, seeing as how both aspects were of relative importance. With that having been the case though, Rhydian was going to need to decide the best way to try and train up this rather weak body of his. At the moment he had been all flabby and thin. The natural musculature that was often accompanied by his race had existed but it wasn't exactly as defined as it could have been.

'"Hm.. I'm really going to have to try and figure out what works best here. Perhaps I can find some kind of detailed manual, like I had done with the jungle book?" A hearty laugh would soon escape from the Eypharian's lips as he had thought about trying to obtain yet another book. Books in and of themselves were quite rare within the land of Mizahar and quite honestly, it simply wasn't the type of learning that Rhydian was all that up for. "Who am I kidding? It's probably easier to try and track down a teacher or somethin'. Guess that'll be my goal in the future. For now, I might as well just do what I can on my own." With a soft shrug, the Eypharian would begin to strip down, tossing his torn garments off to the side of the room.

Now standing within the center of his room completely in the buff, Rhydian would begin to smile to himself. He had always felt far more relaxed when clothes weren't involved. He had found them to be far too restricting for his liking and quite honestly preferred to simply go without. Of course that wasn't exactly the reason for his removal of the clothing. While it was true that he hadn't enjoyed wearing them, what he had liked even less was having to wash them. Rather than drench his clothing in sweat, Rhydian had thought it best to perform the following activities in the nude. At least that way he wouldn't have to deal with having to clean his clothes.

To start things off, now that he had managed to remove his clothing but before he would begin his actual workouts, Rhydian had decided to go ahead and get some stretches in. He may not have been the most flexible at the moment but with time, he was sure that his flexibility would improve. The main reason that he is even getting in these stretches is honestly just to ensure that he doesn't pull any muscles while working out. The possibility of improving his flexibility was simply a bonus for him here. "I am going to need to work to completely understand and master what my body is capable of if I am planning on surviving out here. Let's see what I can do to get this process started."

To try and prepare themselves for the training that lie ahead, Rhydian would start by stretching out his left and right arm. He would place his right arms over his left ones and begin to pull inward so that the muscles could get in a few good stretches. This would go on for about a minute or two before he would stop. He would than reciprocate the same action but mirrored, for the same amount of time. From there he would go on to stand on his left leg whilst holding his right leg up with his lowest set of arms. This would go on for about a minute or so before he would reciprocate this action as well, mirrored much like he had done for the upper body stretches. Afterwards he would get in two minutes of lunges on each leg before ultimately standing back up at his full height.

Word Count: 657
Total Word Count: 657

Last edited by Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Words: 132196
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2022, 12:19 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 6:28 pm

More or less feeling as though his stretches for the time being were complete, albeit this only being the case because of how little he seems to know about pre-workout stretching, Rhydian had finally began to feel as though it was time to commit to this workout of his. He knew that it was going to be taxing on both his physical limits and his willpower but that wasn't enough to stop him. His goal was to become the perfect specimen when it came to mastering ones body. This was just the beginning...

"Okay.. So to try and impress Tazzy, I am going to have to push myself for everything that I have here. I can't remain a weak little morsel." A resolved look of determination would overtake the Eypharian as he would give himself a slight nod. He would than drop to the ground and find himself with his hands and feet on the ground but his body being held aloft akin to a planking position. Once he had decided to push his forearms off of the ground, Rhydian would ensure that each of his six hands had been evenly placed upon the ground in their stead. His body had been perpendicular to the ground now as he had thrown himself into a pushup position. With this, he would begin to lower himself to the ground and then push himself back up. Already he had begun to struggle a bit, the strain of lifting his body weight being felt with each rep. All six of his arms couldn't help but shake as he had made these movements but with time he would eventually manage to bust out ten pushups. While he might not have had the best form while he had been performing this act, he was doing the best that he could to try and ensure that the technique was right.

Each of those pushups had been a struggle, and it had been a complete embarrassment for the Eypharian seeing how much he had been struggling, so eventually his arms would give out and cause him to collapse under the strain. His face had managed to avert its center away from the ground at the last moment but the fall overall had still hurt like hell. "Fuck.. I've really got to keep on top of this if I am ever going to get better. I can't go out and let people see me like this.." His head would attempt to shake from side to side but it was nearly impossible to accomplish this task with the way that he had been lying upon the ground. "Okay.. Now for the next bit."

Rolling over so that his back had been on the ground and his legs could be bent upward, Rhydian would allow for an exasperated sigh to escape from his lips. "Okay.. Sit-ups." After crossing all six of his arms over his chest, Rhydian would pull his upper body up off of the ground and would continue to do so until his arms had brushed up against his thighs. Compared to the push-ups, this was honestly preferable to the Eypharian. Perhaps he could keep at this for awhile? Think again. After about the fifth or sixth sit-up, Rhydian had begun to feel the strain burning into his core. The muscles in his stomach and in his lower back had begun to sting but he had refused to give up. As long as he had the energy, Rhydian was going to keep pushing himself until he could come out on top. Over the next two to three minutes, the Eypharian would eventually manage to muster up enough energy to push through the last remaining four or five sit-ups. At the end of this part of the exercise, he would simply collapse onto his back for a few minutes. "Ugh.. Perfection is difficult.."

Word Count: 643
Total Word Count: 1,300

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 7:10 pm

Knowing that he couldn't remain on the ground forever, Rhydian would eventually come to stand back up. He had managed to push himself when it had come to his upper body so it was time to get started on the lower body for a bit. That being said, he had known that the best technique to start with in this instance had been been squats! Not only would this technique allow for his posterior to develop in a rather spectacular way but his lower body would strive as well. That being the case, Rhydian would immediately start the process of placing his six arms out in front of him whilst bending his knees as low as he could. It was a bit of a struggle to try and maintain a semblance of balance while he had performed this technique but he was sure that that would change with time. He would go on to perform about ten squats in total before he would begin to prepare himself for his next workout.

Once he had managed to stabilize his balance a bit, Rhydian would decide to do something that was quite honestly going to drain a ton out of him. He was going to need to try and burn through some endurance training if he was planning on working out for long periods of time. While there had been multiple ways to continue to go about this, Rhydian was certain that this method had been a surefire way to build up his energy reserves and pain tolerance. Despite how exhausted he could tell that he was going to be, Rhydian had decided to run in place. He had planned to do this for about ten minutes as well, more or less completing the circuit of this round of workouts with this. He would go on to perform this act but as he had done so, he could feel the sweet sensation of his muscles burning while he had pushed himself past his limits. In addition to this, his breathing would become ragged after about five minutes of this exercise. If he had developed a better breathing method for when it had come to running than he was certain that he could overcome this issue but at the moment, he just didn't know what to do. Of course the main issue was one that he had completely overlooked. After having run out of breath, Rhydian had continued to breath solely from his mouth. This was a horrible thing for him to be doing in this moment and was ultimately what was dragging him down.

Seven minutes into the workout and the Eypharian would end up tumbling over. He hadn't managed to make it to ten minutes unfortunately but this much was to be expected this early on in his workout regime. Collapsed on the ground in a pool of sweat and sore all over, Rhydian would continue to breathe heavily. A few minutes would have to pass of him just lying on the ground before he could fully catch his breath. Until that point had come to pass, Rhydian had remained down on the ground and had felt as though his lungs were on fire. It was almost as though they were contracting so forcefully with each breath that they had been crunching up.. In all honesty, this wasn't that far off from what he had been thinking. "Urgh.. I feel like I'm dyin' and the floor is all wet with my sweat.. I can't have anyone walkin' in while I'm doin' this... Tazzy would be so mad if she had to clean all of this up."

Shaking his head a bit from side to side, Rhydian would simply continue to lie on the ground for a bit. He had to actively try to settle his breathing down but after about ten minutes had passed, he would manage to collect himself. Cognizant of the fact that he didn't want Tazrae to come in and see how much of a mess he had been making in her Inn, Rhydian would go out of his way to grab a few linen towels from the conjoined bathroom nearby. He would than make his way back into his room and would begin to collect as much of the sweat as he could with the towel. It wasn't the best way to be cleaning up this mess but he was doing all that he could in the moment. Perhaps later he would clean everything up properly. After his workout.

Word Count: 752
Total Word Count: 2,052

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 7:29 pm

Once Rhydian had managed to wipe up the pool of sweat that had collected on the ground beneath him, he would toss the sweat-filled towel off to the side. He was planning on using it again, after he had completed this next round of workouts, so it would have been quite ridiculous of him to have cast it elsewhere. "Man.. I am really hoping that this is all going to be worth it.. I'll have to try and think of ways to reward myself once I get through all of this." All kinds of thoughts would run through the Eypharian's mind as he had begun to try and find ways to reward himself after this workout. For some odd reason though, most of these thoughts would eventually swing back towards Tazrae. He had clearly wanted to push himself to improve his understanding and mastery of his body for his own benefit but was there perhaps a part of him that was doing all of this to try and impress the wondrous inn owner? Well of course there was..! Not that he could really ever mention that to her.

"Okay, okay. Come on. You've got this." Despite the fact that he was having to pep himself up to continue this circuit, Rhydian would begin to get back into a pose that he had initially started this entire endeavor in. The Eypharian would take up the pushup pose once more and would go on to push himself yet again. Rather than aiming for a simple ten this time though, he was going to try and aim for fifteen pushups! The plan was to eventually work his way up to one hundred pushups every other day, if not every day, but fifteen was the most that he was going to be able to aim for at this point. Fifteen was the breaking point for the Eypharian and as such, it had seemed to have been the best goal for him to aim for. That being said, over the course of the next four minutes, Rhydian would work to push past the burning sensation that had crept up and throughout his arms and would manage to bust out those fifteen pushups. From there he would roll over onto his back.

Much like before, Rhydian would begin to run through several sit-ups. He was aiming for fifteen of each workout and had planned to build on this as his technique had increased. Given all of the exercises that he had been pushing himself through though, Rhydian was certain that this wasn't going to be able to last. He had hoped to overcome every limitation that was thrown his way but there had been a small part of him that had desired to give up. Not that he would listen to this part of him. No matter how much it had hurt, Rhydian had persevered throughout the workouts. Fifteen sit-ups would be thrown through the ringer in no time and eventually he would have to move onto the next set of exercises. Knowing that the worst was yet to come though, Rhydian had pushed on like the trooper he was.

The following exercises had consisted primarily of the same techniques that he had been running himself through earlier. Fifteen squats, which had always seemed to have been the easiest of the bunch (despite the fact that he couldn't exactly bend down all that much) and fifteen minutes of running in place. Yet again however, Rhydian simply couldn't keep up with the running in place. While an improvement had been made this time around, seeing as he had managed to cover about eleven minutes as opposed to the last time, he still hadn't been capable of accomplishing the goal that he had set out for. It was truly upsetting to have come this far and to have still been so far away from the goal that he had set for himself. "Damnit.. I'll get there eventually.. I have to."

Alarm bells had been ringing all throughout the Eypharian's mind as he had continued to push himself past his limits. He had wanted to get stronger so badly that he was going past a point that he really shouldn't be and his body was attempting to warn him about it. Even with that being the case though, Rhydian had wanted to move ever forward. He was just getting to the point in which he had begun to consider performing burpees when his muscles had begun to tense up something fierce. A soft shout of pain would escape from the Eypharian's lips as he had begun to drop to his knees, practically scraping them upon the wooden floor as he had done so. "...water. I need to get.. to the water."

Word Count: 792
Total Word Count: 2,844

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 7:50 pm

Pain coursing all throughout his body, Rhydian would eventually have to attempt to get back up. It had been quite clear to him that he was going to need to rest his body if he was ever going to be able to make this pain go away. It had been quite difficult for him to do but despite the burning sensation that had been wracked all throughout his limbs, Rhydian would pick himself back up off of the ground and would head towards the previously used towel. Using just his foot, Rhydian would kick the towel on over towards the puddle of sweat that had found itself growing yet again. A quick cleaning job would take place as he would begin to wipe the area down for a bit.

Now that that small task had been taken care of, Rhydian would begin to make his way out of his room and over towards the gathering room. He didn't care that he was still in the nude at the moment and was honestly more concerned with the fact that a trail of sweat might have been dripping off of him. Normally he wouldn't have ever trailed this much sweat through the inn but at the moment, his brain simply wasn't operating in the manner in which it should be. No, instead of worrying about what was going on around him, Rhydian was simply worried about obtaining something to hydrate himself with. That was precisely why he had been headed in this specific direction. Once he had managed to make it to the gathering room, Rhydian would pick up a pitcher of freshwater and would pour himself a cool glass. He would proceed to down the liquid in a span of thirty seconds and would go on to pour himself another. After about three or four of these glasses, Rhydian would finally feel refreshed enough to think of where it was that he had been.

Pain had still wracked his body but at least he was cognizant of his surroundings now. Realizing that anyone could come in and see him at any moment, Rhydian would begin to book it out towards the main deck. From there he would head out towards the beachfront and would eventually collapse in the cool nighttime sands. Honestly, he was quite exhausted as it was. No part of him had wished to continue on for the day. All that he had wanted to do now was try and wash off this mound of sweat that had continued to accumulate. "By Laviku... I don't think that I have ever been this tired... I just need to relax." Hoping to try and cool down, Rhydian would drag himself across the sands and into the ocean. From what he could tell, there had already been a couple of people out on the beachfront enjoying the cool night air. At least these people were able to enjoy themselves.

Over the course of the next several minutes, Rhydian would manage to make his way out towards what some might consider to be a bit too far away from the shore for someone of his skill level. The reasons that he had come out here had been quite simple to him but others might not agree. For some reason, whenever Rhydian had found himself out in the water, everything had simply felt right. It was as though he was where he had belonged and all of his troubles had been washed away. After everything that had happened today and everyone that he had met, Rhydian wasn't all that surprised that he had managed to feel this way.. but at least he was able to feel this way now thanks to more than just the water.

Things were starting to feel a bit more relaxing for the night, now that Rhydian had managed to get himself to the place in which he had felt most comfortable, but that wasn't going to last for all that long. What Rhydian honestly should have been prepared for but was surprisingly quite unaware of was the fact that tense muscles in the water could react in negative ways if he wasn't careful. Cramps had continued to spasm all across the Eypharian's body as he had been a bit of a ways away from the shore. Unable to keep himself afloat because of this, Rhydian had immediately started to sink beneath the water.

Word Count: 734
Total Word Count: 3,578

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 8:34 pm

Every part of Rhydian had wished to shout in pain as he had begun to sink beneath the surface of the water but he had known that if he were to have done so, that he would have been done for. Unlike his mother, Lyel, Rhydian hadn't been capable of breathing beneath the waves. If he were to allow this pain to get to him than he assuredly would have drowned here and now. Not wishing to meet his demise here, Rhydian would attempt to flail about in the water so that he could at least attract somebody's attention, if not manage to swim. He had known how to swim in general but at the moment, with the way that his muscles were tensing up, there was no hopes of him being able to do so. Not being left with many options here, Rhydian would simply continue to hold his breath whilst keeping his eyes open for signs of anything that could help him here.

As the Eypharian had continued to trash around, the saltwater surrounding him would be pushed into his eyes with far more force than it normally would have. This would cause a burning sensation to overtake his eyes but it wasn't something that he was unused to. Pushing through the pain, given that he had yet to acquire any swimming goggles, Rhydian would only take note of the things that had been surrounding him at the moment. Schools of fish had found themselves swimming away from the trashing figure while others had decided to draw ever closer for the possibility of a meal. Things were starting to look bleak and Rhydian honestly wasn't sure what he should do here. Why did he push himself to such an extent? Was his journey going to come to an end this soon?

Almost as thought the gods themselves had chosen to answer him, a single arm would find itself slung around the Eypharian's waist. With very little effort, the two figures would be pulled to the surface before Rhydian had been able to lose his breath. Upon reaching the surface, deep gasps for air would be taken by the Eypharian. He wasn't sure who had just come to his rescue but he had sincerely appreciated the fact that they just had. Over the course of the next several minutes, the two would make their way on over towards the shore before Rhydian was laid out so that he could get some rest.

Completely unsure of what in the hell had just happened, Rhydian had simply remained lying on the sands of the beach for a couple of minutes. He had to reorient himself with everything that was going on at the moment. Was he still alive? Who was it that had just came to his saving? Unsure of what was real and what wasn't. Eventually he would manage to come to his senses though and what he had seen before him had been even more confusing. Standing before him had been two individuals. The reason that this was confusing was because of the fact that there had only been one person that had come to his aid. "I... Thank you for saving me. Might I ask who you are..?"

Figuring that they might as well introduce themselves to the random newcomer whom they had to fish out of the water, the two men would exchange a look. One of them would then speak up and go out of the way to introduce himself. "Er-.. Right. Well I suppose that you can call me Duncan, kid. I'm guessing that you aren't exactly the best swimmer yet, yeah?"[/color] A wave of embarrassment would decidedly wash over Rhydian as he had glanced up at the man before him. Duncan was a name that Rhydian had only recently come to know. Earlier in the day, Tazrae had spoken with him about this man and how he had been the one that had essentially built and looked over the pools that the two had gone to earlier.

"Ahaha... Yeah, I guess that you could say that. I uh.. I'm-" Before Rhydian would really have the chance to introduce himself, a second voice would speak up. This one had been a bit more gruff than the last and had belonged to a man whom had seemed to have been quite discontent with life. "No kidding, Duncan. You wouldn't have had to save the man if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't all that great at swimming." At this point Rhydian had gone to interject but yet again he would find himself cut off. "Now, now Buraga. You can't always assume that that was what happened out there. It's always best to ask in these kinds of situations." Before he could get cut off yet again, Rhydian had decided to jump on in. "Exactly..! That's not why I was drowning out there anyways.. It's because of how sore my body was after all that working out!"

Rather than give the Eypharian an answer, Duncan and Buraga would simply just go silent. They couldn't believe that this man had known how sore he had been and had still decided to throw himself out into the deeper end of the ocean. "Boy.. Are you stupid," Buraga would ask. "What in all of MIzahar could possibly have made you think that that was a good idea? You could have lost your life out there!" Rhydian had understood exactly what it was that this Buraga fella had been saying to him and couldn't do much else aside from hang his head in shame. "And for that matter, who even are you? Definitely haven't seen your face around here before." At this point, Duncan would join in once again. "Agreed. This is my first time seeing you around here as well. Are you perhaps new to Syka?"

Still feeling entirely ashamed of what was going on, Rhydian would allow for a soft sigh to escape from his lips. "..yes sirs. My name is Rhydian Lamoze and I am fairly new to Syka. In fact, I just got here earlier today." Having come to understand that this newcomer was going to likely be a newfound resident of the settlement, Buraga would begin to smile with a big toothy grin. "Is that so? Well welcome to Syka!! I take it that you are going to be joining the Syka Rangers, correct? Not that you really have much of a choice if you are planning on joining up with this little settlement of ours. We need every able bodied individual that we can get."

Hearing that he was going to be inducted into this rangers program, Rhydian would simply nod along. He had remembered discussing this matter a bit with Mathias but hadn't ever really managed to wrap things up on that front. That being the case, Rhydian had figured that he might as well go out of the way and get it done here and now. "I.. Yes sir! I understand that I am not yet fully capable of traversing the lands without difficulty but I am capable of living off of the land for about two weeks or so!" Buraga's smile would falter at this. He had been glad that they were going to be able to add another Ranger into their ranks but admittedly quite disappointed at the fact that it was really only a reserve ranger. "Right.. Well in that case, we'll just have to go ahead and get you brought into our service. Now repeat after me."

Doing as he had been told, Rhydian would repeat each of the words that Buraga had spoken aloud to him, admittedly with a minor change here and there. "I, Rhydian Lamoze, do solemnly affirm that I will support and defend the people, ideas, and boundaries of Syka against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Founders of Syka and the orders of the officers appointed over me. In Kihala's name, I pledge my weapon, my magic, and my life. And also in the name of Laviku." With this, Rhydian had been made into a Reserve Ranger! It was going to be hard work but at least a few more productive bits were accomplished today. "Right, so now that that is all said and done, I suppose that I, or perhaps we should give you some advice so that you can be of more use to use. Sound good? Good."

Word Count: 1,428
Total Word Count: 5,006

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 9:06 pm

Seeing that they had intended on giving the Eypharian a couple of tips on surviving in the wilderness, the two would go on to exchange glances once more. They were both quite versed in the subject overall and were practically having a mental debate on which of the two of them should start off the process. Ultimately though, Buraga had been the one that was going to need to begin. He is in charge of the Syka Rangers after all.

"Right.. So let's see. Given that you were just having to be pulled out of the sea, I suppose that we could start by speaking about water. You may think that water would be easy to find on a tropical beach, but the truth is that not much of it would be safe for you to consume. You can’t drink saltwater, obviously, but you would also need to be careful about any streams you find or of licking water off of any plants that you might come across. You can contract life-threatening diseases such as giardia by drinking water from a ground source in the tropics. The only water that is definitively safe to drink in the tropics is rainwater, and any ground-level water that you find and consume needs to be boiled at the bare minimum. Be sure to keep this in mind for as long as you can."

Admittedly, this was something that Rhydian had just mostly read about not all that long ago. There were a few bits of information that he hadn't managed to discover that was just told to him though so thankfully there were some benefits here. "And of course you can't discuss water without going over how to acquire food. You see, food is another problem in the tropics. Not all plants and fruits you find in the tropics are safe to eat – not at all. As a general rule, any white or yellow-colored plants and fruits should be avoided at all costs. To test plants to see if they’re safe, rub them over your skin and see if you react negatively within twenty-four hours. Next, place some against your lips and wait for a few more hours to see if anything happens. Then, place some more against your tongue and wait again. At that point, if there have been no negative effects whatsoever, you can consume a very small portion of the plant and then wait for at least ten more hours. If nothing has happened still, the plant should be safe to eat. The good news in the tropics is that many edible foods such as coconuts, bananas, and mangoes can be found in great abundance. You just need to make sure they aren’t infested with worms or bugs or anything like that. And out here, in Syka, there are all kinds of other creatures that you can try and cook as well. It's entirely dependent on your skill when it comes to hunting and fishing though. I would highly recommend you practice those by the way. As a Syka Ranger, you are going to be responsible for assisting in the obtaining of food around here."

Rhydian would nod his head several times over as he had begun to take several mental notes on the entire process. As far as he was concerned, his contributions to this land were eventually going to become apparent. He wasn't quite sure of how to hunt exactly but at least he wasn't all that bad with his longbow. Not that he had it on him at the moment. "Yes, of course. As I've told Tazrae, I'll be sure to be of use to Syka. Not only have I just sworn a vow for that very thing but overall I just really want to help out." The two men would quirk an eyebrow as they had looked over Rhydian a couple of times. They hadn't been able to tell straight away what kind of help he was going to be able to provide to them but they were keen on figuring it out as time had gone on.

Word Count: 683
Total Word Count: 5,689

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 9:20 pm

Duncan would begin to nod to himself a couple of times before settling on a subject that was also likely to be of assistance in the future. Even though his main specialty had been just about anything pertaining to the water, when it came to Wilderness Survival, his main specialty had been anything to do with tropical areas.

"Right, it's just as he says. Of course that isn't really the only thing that the land has to offer you. There is always going to be more to the land than just the flora and fauna. For example, one must think of how it is that they are going to orient themselves in the jungle. Orientation in the forest is very difficult, but it’s very easy to get lost, the dense vegetation makes you lose the sense of distance and size. The thick blanket of leaves and branches sometimes prevents us from seeing the sky, instilling in us a sense of loss. To get a better idea of the area and the direction to take, you can climb up on the top of a tree. For a claustrophobic, being in a rainforest is like being in a nightmare, even a normal person would feel crushed by the sense of oppression and disorientation that infuses the forest. The walking in the jungle is always very slow, it takes long times to cover small distances. Depending of the zone, you can proceed to less than a 100 meters per hour."

Scratching lightly at his chin, Duncan would try to think of any other useful things that there are for one to really even need to know. "Hmm.. There is also the fact that in the forest, the dangers can also come from above. When you walk in the forest it is always advisable to bring a machete to make their way in the dense vegetation. The machete can also come in handy as a weapon of defense and hunting. Oh. And you should never walk barefoot. Cover tightly feet and legs because the thorns, the ants and other small insects could cause injury, that in an environment like this, it would infect immediately. An adequate protection can protect you against spider bites and stings of scorpions and snakes."

Word Count: 375
Total Word Count: 6,064

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on August 7th, 2022, 9:36 pm

In all honesty, Rhydian had truly wished to learn more about the things that were required of a Syka Ranger. If he were able to undergo some kind of grand journey with them then he was certain that he could come to further understand everything that was going to be needed when it came to understanding ones surroundings but at the moment, this just was too difficult for him to focus on. Both Rhydian's brain and body had been worn away from how taxing the day had been for him. Not only had he found himself a new home and met many new friends along the way but now he was working himself to try and find ways to become one with the surrounding lands. This was all something that he had really hoped to further understand one day but for now, he simply couldn't wrap his head around it.

"Guys, I just want you to know that I highly appreciate all of the advice that you are giving me. If you would allow it, I am really hoping to try and explore a bit of the region with you guys.. Falyndar is definitely a land full of dangers and one that I am hoping to explore. I am just hoping that when that times comes, that I can have one of you by my side.. I want to be of as much use to Syka as I can. I am going to do everything within my power to get to that point but it's going to take some time... Of course at the end of the day, it's up to the both of you. Either way, thank you again. For saving me, for bringing me into the Rangers, and for helping me out before things even get started.. It honestly means the world to me."

Having said his peace, Rhydian would begrudgingly push himself off of the ground and begin to make headway back towards the Protea Inn. As he had done as much, he would turn back briefly and offer the two a curt wave. He didn't really know anything that there was to know about them, aside from what Tazrae had offered to him in terms of information, but he was certainly looking forward to getting to know the two of them better. And after everything that had happened today? They were certainly interested in getting to see what he could do as well.

Word Count: 407
Total Word Count: 6,471

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes