[Unverified] Faegard

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Faegard

Postby Faegard on August 14th, 2022, 1:36 am

F A E G A R D
Theme Song

Introduction
Race: Konti
Birthday: 41 Fall, 492 AV
Birthplace: The White Isle
Appearance
Faegard has all the hallmarks of a traditional Konti; a lithe build, moon-pale skin and hair, eerie silver eyes. However, rather than the well-groomed, delicate appearance shared by her sisters on the White Isle, Faegard echoes the harsh unforgiving reality of life on Mizahar. Her long hair is often braided with charms or feathers, the clothes that drape her slender frame are dark in colour, talismans might hang from her neck or her belt.

Concept
The observant and seemingly distant Faegard is driven by two powerful instincts. The first is the call, her natural drive as a childless Konti to find and serve with her gifts. The second is driven by how deeply she feels the suffering of those around her, leaving her helpless to resist lending what healing aid she can. A woman of few words and measured reactions; she is oft perceived as either meek and submissive, or stoic and judgemental.

History
“You never knew your mother?”

I pursed my lips. The question was innocent enough; prompting me to talk about the woman who raised me. Hushing the boiling emotions, I closed my eyes as I responded,

“Ishi has been my mother from the day she took me into her arms.”

My answer was met with pursed lips and a nod,

“Why did you leave the White Isle?”

“To answer the call.” The answer slipped out before I could temper it. Frowning at myself, I allowed space for a sigh to pass through my lips before I continued, “mother felt it before I did, but it drew both of us. When I was old enough, we made for Riverfall.”

Leaning back in contemplation, the expression softened. I knew what question would come next and subconsciously I braced for it,

“Tell me about the scar.”

My heart dropped, my fingers reaching to my belly to trace over the long, ugly, jagged line scrawled between my hips. Although the physical pain had resolved, I felt a twinge as the memory came forcing its way back into my mind.

“We… were attacked.” My voice was low, as if scared that merely mentioning it would somehow bring back the men and their hatred. The words echoed into silence, prompting me to elaborate. With a deep breath, I did,

“Arrows flew out of the trees, killing most of our guards before we even knew what was happening. Then they emerged; six in total, but they all answered to one man. They dragged mother and I from the caravan, out onto the road…”

I trailed off, echoes of that terrible day rolling across my mind like thunder.

“They raped you.” The assumption was soft, but blunt. I nodded,

“Their leader came to us after as we lay there, to make sure no offspring would come from that day… or any after it.”

“How did you survive?” Soft, but persistent, the question sought to draw more of my horrible story out of me. Those details, at least, were slightly more pleasant.

“I don’t know,” I answered truthfully, “I don’t know how long we lay there before Jael finally came across us. Apparently, it was the smoke from the burning caravan that drew him. He saved us. He took us to Riverfall, and mother stayed there, with him. In a way, what happened to us led to her finding a mate. But I… decided to follow the calling, as soon as I was strong enough.”

“… and that led you to me.”

The words drew my gaze upwards to meet the eyes of the man sitting across from me, his wizened features illuminated by the crackling firelight. My veins surged with renewed determination,

“I want to learn Reimancy.” I confirmed, “I won’t be that helpless ever again.”

The man raised an eyebrow, falling into silent judgement to consider my request.

“It won’t be easy... or safe.” He warned, “if you make it through initiation, it will take years before you’re learned enough to protect anyone.”

My resolve was not shaken,

“I have the time.”

After a moment, he seemed to have come to a conclusion and stood, gesturing to me,

“Alright then.”

Language and Skills
Lanugages Known

Fluent Language: Kontinese
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language: Tukant

Lores
Medicine: Human anatomy
How to start a fire

Skills EXP Total Proficiency
Quarterstaff 5 SP 5 Novice
Herbalism 9 SP 9 Novice
Wilderness Survival 10SP 10 Novice
Reimancy (Water) 10SP 10 Novice
Medicine 10RB, 16SP 26 Competent

Possessions
Attire Backpack Worn/Carried
TunicImage TinderpouchImage BackpackImage
PantsImage CombImage WaterskinImage
CloakImage SoapImage QuarterstaffImage
UndergarmentsIt is impolite to steal a peek at a lady’s unmentionables… Rations (7)Image TalismanImage
BeltImage Eating knifeImage
BootsImage

Current GM: 499

Heirloom
It had been Ishi's grandmother that had first witnessed the shooting star, and plucked the tiny glassy rock from the crater it had created on the coast of the White Isle. Considering it a "piece of the stars" she had kept it in a pouch around her neck, passing it onto her daughter, who then passed it to hers. Ishi gave the piece of the stars to Faegard, who now wears it with pride.

Housing
Bungalow in Syka (100GM Rent)

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Housing Cash-Out +500 GM 600 GM
Bungalow Rent -100 GM 500 GM
Quarterstaff - 1 GM 499 GM
Wages 0 499 GM
Living expenses (Common) 0 499GM

Threads
Threads go here
Faegard
The coming storm

Words: 1938
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2022, 6:32 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Faegard

Postby Gossamer on August 14th, 2022, 3:00 pm

Hi Fae!

Your CS is looking really pretty. I just wanted to let you know a few corrections if you decide to stick around and play.

First... Reimancy can't be taken at the start of the game. You can easily learn it IC if you can gain the trust of a mage willing to teach it. That goes for PC and NPC alike.

As a Konti, you can start with a Rak'keli Gnosis or Avalis Gnosis - Your choice. These sister Goddesses usually mark all the Konti at birth. If you want something different, you can simply submit a story to the Help Desk defining how you earned a mark from a different God/dess if you want a gnosis that isn't in the two Goddesses' of the Konti's realms.

Your skills need to be in alphabetical order, this is just so when the skill list gets really long as you RP along, graders can easily find skills in your CS with just a glance... makes the grading ques go faster.

And finally, there are no moving gifs on the site. So if you'd morph your signature into a solid .jpg or .png. That's in the rules and Terms of Use because we find that gifs become uber distracting while your writing should hold the reader's attention, not your aesthetics. :)

Make these quick changes, and you're golden. Nudge me when you do, and I'll remove this intervention.

Thanks!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)