Completed Frenemies(Mitt)

Arguing with myself

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Frenemies(Mitt)

Postby Taln on November 3rd, 2022, 9:15 pm

51 Fall 522 AV

The nice hot forge drew him to it, irresistibly beckoning with a fiery glow that made him smile. But the Blacksmith was still there at the Foundry, and not the nice one. Okay something needed to be done because it was getting annoying. Taln observed him for a few chimes, determined to get to the heat source without forcing the big bonehead to run away scared.

The guy was young and definitely had a stereotypical Sunberth trademark pissy attitude that was his own worst enemy. But how to get the guy to talk? What caste would he be given? Barely past Yasi but creative, so between Chiet and Avora perhaps? Skilled but not an expert. The most insecure position to be in. Not a highest caste like Endal but just enough status to kick around a select few. Smart with height but had no idea how to take control of a situation. Mitt looked like a follower not a leader and maybe that was why he was so quick to react?

Taln walked to the side of the forge and leaned on it with a contented sigh, stretching out his long legs. The young smith looked to be cleaning up and again sweating profusely. Did he have some kind of disorder?! Oh right. Heat.

Within a few chimes, he'd finished sweeping up, took off all that heavy work gear and hung it up. His back to Taln, the hairs still rose up on his neck. That guy did not like being stared at. Hm. How could someone that large be so timid? It was ridiculous. There was no excuse for an able bodied person like Mitt to be insecure.

The smith turned around to glare at Taln with dark blue eyes.

"If you want to intimidate someone properly with a stare, you don't look at their actual eyes-you look just above them at the eyebrows. It gives an advantage."

Mitt turned on his heel, ready to leave.

The kid was going to walk away, run, flee. But why? It wasn't like anyone was lining up to meet a pissy Blacksmith from Sunberth that brooded and sulked like a two year old.

"Don't run away again, I'm not going to bite you. Seriously. I don't think either of us feel like moving when we're tired from a long day of work, am I right?" Taln called out to the retreating back. "Unless of course you're scared or afraid, then run away by all means."
Taln smirked at him with laughter coloring his tone.

"Rawr..."

That kid needed to stop running. From everything. The taunt was just enough to stop him from walking but not enough to turn him around. Taln reluctantly rose to his feet and took two large strides forward to stop two paces from the guy.

Mitt had turned at that moment and was startled at having someone suddenly right in front of him.

'He's acting like a Dek almost! Albeit a stupid one, but a Dek nonetheless.'

"Hold." Said Taln, Mitt barely finishing a step back. The young smith stood still, looking down nervously.

"Oh for Ivak's sake. You act like a Dek. Follow me, we're going to the Tidepool. And don't take all night, your legs are more than long enough to keep up with me. Move it kid."

Mitt followed behind Taln reluctantly, wondering what the fire-eyed nutjob was planning to do to him.

Taln heard the monstrously heavy steps behind him in wonder.
'What the hells is wrong with this guy?' he thought worriedly. The copper haired man ordered a pitcher of beer and handed it to Mitt while he grabbed the glasses. He gestured at the nearest table with his left hand.

"Put that on the table and sit down."

WC 630

Last edited by Taln on November 7th, 2022, 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Words: 246324
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:57 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Never Say Die (1)

Frenemies(Mitt)

Postby Mittle on November 3rd, 2022, 11:05 pm

Mitt swore it was even hotter when the sun finally set. Tiredly he finished cleaning and replaced the broom. He took off the heavy split apron, cap, long sleeve shirt and gloves to leave by the door. Maybe if he coul--

Someone's eyes bored into him and and Mitt could smell the heat coming off that weird guy with the freak eyes.

The young smith glared at him, wishing with sheer exhaustion that he'd just petch off already.

'What? A stare is a stare! I don't need this. I'm outta here.' Prepared to storm off and just get something to eat, Mitt stopped at the freak's comment. What did the guy expect?! Since when was he supposed to -like- freakish fire eyes and moving tattoo gnosis mark thingies?! That's it.

Mitt turned and found himself suddenly and uncomfortably close to the soulless ginger.

'Hold'.' An irrevocable command that seemed to subconsciously steal the young man's confidence.

Fear had him standing stock still, too scared to move. Something shadowy writhed obscenely on the guy's right arm! What the petch WAS that?! Terror knotted tightly in the pit of Mit's stomach, and something nebulous crawled down his spine like a cockroach.

His long legs reached out to follow Taln with fascinated but reluctant horror.
What the petch was all that on his back?! Whip marks? Sword scars? Moving flaming tattoos? Nope. And that's way too much magicy Gods shyke for him to be comfortable.

Would the guy roast him like a side of meat? What did all those moving marks do? Dark blue eyes locked on the three marks of Ivak, each one flaring as a bright living burst of flame.

The pitcher of beer was shoved forcefully into his hand, so he couldn't help but remember his first night at the tavern dealing with Rat. No it was cleaner, opener and quieter here. Mitt set down the pitcher and pulled out the chair a full foot back from the table to sit on the edge.

"I'm not looking to fight magics and shyke like that ok?" Mitt said half defensively, half scared.
"You wanna eat fire or whatever the petch it is that freaks like you do, then just let me leave the Foundry first alright?!"

The soulless ginger looked even more pissed off at Mitt's offer. Great. Mitt looked at him and the molten fiery eyes looked like they were gonna burst into flames. I hate magic shyke! What's his problem? Does he like to toy with his prey before he cooks them? The ginger's eyes nearly sparked.

Taln put up a hand to silence him and got up to whisper something to the bartender. Stu smiled at him as money passed hands and he went out back while Taln returned to the table. He rested his elbows on the table and leaned forward toward the young smith, looking at him intently.

"Why are you so scared? Have I done anything to hurt you that I don't know about?"

Mitt said nothing but his icy blue eyes lingered tentatively at the smoky moving dark thing on his shoulder.

Taln leaned back and laughed.
"Okay, I think I get some of it now." he said, turning on the seat and moving back his right shoulder until it was out of view.

"Does that help? Is it a little better?" The redhead asked.

The young smith said nothing, and only looked down at the table. Why wouldn't the guy just go away? What was the point of all this? These kind of games sucked. He just wanted to get some food and sleep.

WC 601
Last edited by Mittle on November 4th, 2022, 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mittle
"Be an anvil, not a hammer."

Words: 184244
Joined roleplay: September 29th, 2022, 4:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Frenemies(Mitt)

Postby Taln on November 4th, 2022, 12:16 am

Taln's temper flared far hotter than his eyes at the incredibly stupid comment. What was his problem over just a few gnosis marks? He wasn't making a volcano erupt or slinging djed missiles! Petchin' idiot. He makes me just wanna--

A revelation slammed into Taln with the full force of hundreds of memories to ram it home. Had he been that annoying as a Dek?!
"Oh Ivak help me I'm an idiot!"

Had -he- been that ridiculously afraid of everything and practically begging people to hate his whining ass?! A fearful sniveling pathetic wretch that you wanted no part of? He ran a tired hand over his face. Yes. Yes I was. Fine, when in doubt, get something to eat.

Taln gestured to the Dek doppelganger to hold on and asked Stu if he had anything filling he could whip up for them. If nothing else, they were both tired, hungry and thirsty. The redhead went back to his seat and tried to get Mitt to look him in the eyes to ask him a question. No response.

'If I acted even a millionth as ludicrous as this guy, I can't imagine how anyone or anything stood my company at all! Who am I kidding? I was probably much worse. Well that was an ugly, if insightful revelation. Now he acted like an Endal toward a guy that had acted just like he had done! No I don't like that one bit. He's scared, but he's making himself that way. No one else is to blame for his terror as no one was to blame for my own. It was a self-actualizing cycle of endless and needless fear.' He looked down at the Ssena mark and frowned. 'Well I'm done with that chapter.' Taln thought with a firm mental door slam.

Mitt was staring at it. Right. Fear. The redhead adjusted his shoulder away as he knew that the mark even made him uncomfortable.
"Does that help? Is it a little better?"

Still nothing!

Taln snapped his fingers in the kid's face,
"Snap out of it brooding bitch! They're gnosis marks on my skin, see?" He turned to his left arm and showed the infinity symbol.
"This is a peace gnosis from Glav. He was brave and noble." the ginger tried not to choke up at the memories. He traced a long finger slowly over the symbol.

"These aren't gonna get you. Gnosis marks are just a way of a Goddess or God saying Hey, I see you there."

Taln grabbed him by the wrist and placed Mitt's hand over a gnosis mark.

"This is from Xhyvas. There's nothing bad about magic or djed or these gnosis marks. It takes interaction, thought and effort. These are good things, not a sword to the crotch. Weren't you bragging how -smart-you are?"

WC 470 Total WC 1,100
Last edited by Taln on November 5th, 2022, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Frenemies(Mitt)

Postby Mittle on November 4th, 2022, 2:08 am

Mitt's pupils dilated in fear as the guy grabbed his hand. Was he gonna curse me with me something? His skin is almost burning hot! He tried to tug away but the lean guy was stronger than he looked. His body was tensed up waiting for something to happen but it didn't. Granted, the insane guy was like a forge, but he was okay. Wasn't he?

Stu arrived with a big tray mounded with delicious food, saw their hands and quipped,
"Would you two lovers like some music to help set the mood?"

"I think I have to let him eat dinner first before he kisses me good night." Answered Taln.

"Ok then. Just let me know if you need anything else. Flowers..? Candles, you name it."

The young smith jerked his hand away roughly, not finding one bit of this stunt funny at all. He slouched back in his chair with his arms folded over his chest and his long legs stretched out. He had no idea how much he resembled a ten year old with that big fat pout going on.

"That's fine, you go ahead and be mad. I'll just eat all..this..food.. myself. And don't think I won't!" Taln taunted, taking a big chug of beer between bites of food. There was an almost feral hunger to that fiery look.

Mitt's stomach immediately demanded food. Very loudly. His ears burned as he tried not to think about the food. But... His blue eyes drifted toward the huge piles of food and plenty of beer.

"Fuckit." He mumbled, shoving the chair forward to the table and quickly mounding his own plate with meat, tubers and vegetables. For a soulless ginger, that skinny guy could really pack away that food pretty damn fast! Mitt thought he was a good eater but that guy was savage. While he knew he had a good appetite, he watched the guy keep his right hand over his food, his entire front half hunched over the plate and shoveling it in. Well he was kinda scrawny and did look starved.

"So magic won't get me as long as I don't go near your food right?" Mitt tried at some humor.

His eyes were similar to a ravenous eagle as he looked up, briefly confused.
"Huh?" Taln instantly retuned his attention right back to the food with that shaggy head bent over his plate.

Watching the guy eat like a rabid animal was just strange. He shook his head and tore into his own meal, gulping the beer down between bites. Maybe he would get some more carrots or-- It was empty!

There had clearly been enough food on that tray for three or four people!
"Hungry much?" the tawny haired man couldn't believe anyone could eat that fast! He slowed down on his last half and realized that the guy was just watching him eat.

"You uh.. want the rest of i--" before Mitt finished asking the question, Taln removed the plate from his hand and the rest of Mitt's food was cleared in three large rapid bites.

It reminded him of those three people he cleared out of their seats. That same desperately starved lean look.

"Uh.. how much do I owe ya for the meal?" Mitt asked, remembering courtesy's currency of money or fear.

"Why would you owe me? I ordered it."
"I got a little, I can pay for it."
"That was as joke earlier Mitt. This isn't a date. You're too young and not my type." Taln grinned, watching the young smith squirm.
"Yea I know that. I mean. Well you.. I dunno. Man, that's not funny."

The redhead swiftly and effortlessly piled the plates, bowls and utensils back on the tray, setting them back in perfect order.

Grey eyes watched the obsessive cleaning but said nothing about it. If he wasn't looking to get Mitt to pay for his food and drinks, why was he here?

"Why?" he asked, and downed the last of the beer in his mug.
"Why what?" Again, the redhead looked confused.
"Why'd ya pay for the beer and food? Whatcha want?"
"I was hungry and thirsty. Isn't that the normal reason people order these?"

WC 700 Total WC 1.301
Mittle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Frenemies(Mitt)

Postby Taln on November 4th, 2022, 9:07 pm

"Honestly, I did it because you're a pain in the ass to put up with. All the time. You have constant tantrums, sulk and run away scared at practically everything." Taln answered bluntly.

"Mitt you have magic in you right now you moron. You bitch about magic in a place that -specializes in magic, for magic users.- You treat magical people like shyke. A Konti is a magical being that you have no right to talk cruelly to. A total stranger that you barely say hi to, isn't supposed to sound some loud instruments to herald your 'almighty' presence.. No one here owes you a damn thing except you. You expected a hero's welcome for being a bookish know it all, well here it is. To put it succinctly, you're being an entitled dumbass."

Mitt's face rendered a swift series of expressions ranging from indignant outrage to red faced humility and he slouched further back in his seat. He started to pout again but caught himself abruptly enough to stop.

"Dick."
"Dek."
"What?"
"You'd never understand. It would go right over your big fat over-inflated head."

The redhead said calmly and paused to gesture to Stu for another pitcher refill. He placed both hands on the table with palms facing down and sat in a strong upright posture.

"I said dick not deck."
"Not deck the walking planks. Dek."
"What's the difference? I'm not hearing it."
"Never mind. I shouldn't have brought it up."

'Let's deflect from that and bring it back to him. Get him to talk more.'

"You calling me stupid? Coz I ain't. Just sayin'." Mitt retorted defensively.
"If you have to keep telling people you're something and acting pompously, you're telling them the opposite. -Just saying.-"

Taln's temper stirred, his eyes flickering more brightly and he drummed his fingers on the table. With perfect tension breaking timing, Stu came back with another full pitcher to set it down, picked up the empty tray and returned back to the bar.

The Inarta poured for both Mitt and himself. Then he blinked at his automatic actions. He'd compulsively cleaned up after the both of them and now he was pouring drinks for them. Old habits. So many of them.

"I should just clock you one and leave." Mitt threatened stupidly.

Taln leaned back in his chair and gave a loud, genuine hearty laugh.
"if you want to punch me, go for it. I seriously couldn't care less. In fact to be honest with you, I could probably use a good ass kicking."

Stu piped out from the bar,
"Not in here again. You already brought a fight in here once Mitt. You still owe me for that broken chair. Take it outside. Now."

"Fine. Whatever." Mitt bit off, stomping outside in his big clomping way.

The copper haired man paid Stu and apologized. "Sorry about that. I think he has some temper to work out. I know I used to be full of temper at that age too. Still am. Kind of."

The tall red head walked calmly outside to see Mitt standing about twenty paces from the Foundry.

WC 521 Total WC 1,621
Last edited by Taln on November 5th, 2022, 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Frenemies(Mitt)

Postby Mittle on November 4th, 2022, 11:05 pm

'Stupid scrawny big mouthed ass! Soulless ginger! Who the hell does he think he is?! I am not pompous. I didn't do anything! I could squash him like a bug. That'll shut him up. Calling me stupid. What does he know?!' The tawny haired young man was too mad to speak and his erratic, irrational thoughts just stumbled over each other, none of them clear enough to define.

"Fire eyed freak." he muttered quietly as Taln approached and just stood there looking at him with an unwavering stare.

The red head knew Mitt was scared of not being smart enough, strong enough, good enough, but didn't everyone feel that at some point in their lives? Especially early twenties were an adjustment. He clamped down firmly on his temper, refusing to take the bait.

'I choose my battles and this isn't one of them. He's looking at my mouth now and his fists are clenching. The big tall oaf, -is- about to punch me in the mouth.'
Taln put out his arms with his hands in the air in an attitude of surrender and shrugged. His molten gaze remained steady and unwavering.

Mitt punched Taln in the mouth squarely, his dark blue eyes watching him intently.

HIs head rocked backwards and the redhead spit to the side but didn't do anything else in reaction. His hands lowered to his sides calmly and he just kept staring, as immutable as stone.

"Feel better?"
"Fight like a man!"
"I don't fight insecure boys having a tantrum."

Mitt was blatantly obvious about charging in blindly and Taln sighed. The angry young man charged ahead blindly, his fists swinging wildly and not even trying for a plan. Taln quietly stepped thirty degrees to the side to end up right next to Mitt's face on the left. And stared at him in silence.

"I gave you one hit. Drop it and let it go. Now." Taln responded in a very quiet voice. The kid doesn't have to prove himself to me and we're not in Sunberth. Is this the only way he knows how to cope? The kid was ignorant.

HIs dark blue eyes were startled at the reaction. Or more importantly the not fighting back part.

"We don't need a Dek swinging contest here. Besides, you'd lose."

Mitt just stared at him blankly. Then slowly put his fists down.

"It was a thing back in Wi--never mind, it was funny, just take my word for it."

"I can't petchin deal with you. What's your problem?" Mitt asked, completely befuddled by the strange behavior.

He's making me look like an idiot here. That guy was -not- normal. We were supposed to fight it out and go our separate ways, done deal. Why is he just standing there?

"You're being the problem at the moment. I bought you something to eat and drink. I haven't lifted a hand against you. But you don't want to stop and think before reacting."

Taln sighed, tired of the growing mountain of ignorance that just wouldn't stop from the kid. He didn't want to lecture him. It wasn't his problem. It would be far easier to just walk away and let the moron continue to wreak his own self destruction. How much interference was help before it was enabling? He decided to ask a few things to get the kid thinking. So far he hadn't gotten anywhere except out of pocket expenses for an ungrateful brat. He could have at least said thank you. He's making a solid wage right now, not me.

"The first day I was here, I roamed the beach, looked around on my own, I introduced myself to three people. I ate, I showered, I danced then spoke with someone on an interesting new subject. I made plans with them for the next day. What did -you- do while you've been here? I know Stu said you had a fight in the bar before. If you want pity, I'm the last one to give it to you. I've had a lifetime's fill of relentless senseless violence. No more. Not from you, not from anyone."
Not waiting or caring about the answer, Taln left quietly. The redhead walked to the back of the Foundry, sat down and leaned his back against the forge.

Mitt visibly flinched under the quiet but forceful words, each one solidly ramming home its honesty and truth, flattening him like a hammer drawing hot iron. The young blacksmith subconsciously fell back three paces, like the words were hits to the gut. His mouth opened to speak but closed again soon after.

WC 767 Total WC 2,068
Last edited by Mittle on November 30th, 2022, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mittle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Frenemies(Mitt)

Postby Taln on November 5th, 2022, 7:23 pm

The dark haired woman ran with a light step past Mitt to stop in front of Taln and kneeled in front of him.

"You're late. It's rude to say you'll be there and not show up." Rain scolded him teasingly, placing a hand on Taln's chest.

"I got distracted by an idiot, I'm sorry." he answered, reaching a long arm around her waist to draw her closer.

"What happened to your mouth?" she asked in concern, drawing a gentle hand slowly to his face. Taln's flinch was infinitesimal but the urge, the knee-jerk decades long habit to move back was still disturbingly strong.

"Does it hurt? Who did that to you?" Her dark eyes drifted to the tawny haired young man and back to Taln in a silent question.

The ginger smiled and shrugged enigmatically.

"We could always 'make poi' tomorrow...I don't mind sharing." she laughed and moved her hand down to the side of his neck near his ear.

The redhead smiled slowly, stroking her waist with a lazy thumb. "I'll be there in about a bell okay? I can't meet with you tomorrow night. Seraya really doesn't like to share. And it's kind of .. uh..um a bit rougher than what you'd be able to handle."

He leaned forward and brought his mouth to the woman's ear to whisper something, lingering afterward just long enough to drag his lips across her neck. She laughed playfully and responded,

"One bell okay, but don't keep me waiting." Leaning back, the fire dancer gave a heavy lidded smile, rose and ran off again with a light and graceful step, her long dark hair streaming behind her.

"I wont." Taln's eyes flared as he watched the lithe figure's feet barely touching the sand between steps.

As much as he liked his time with Rain, she had a voracious appetite that kept him active all night and making him late for work. He didn't want to get on Nora's bad side but who could say no to a woman like Rainmere?

Mitt coughed, uncomfortable with overhearing the conversation but he was still trying to process the ginger's words.

Hearing the stupid kid was -still- there, Taln gave a very drawn out, irritated and pointed sigh of long standing patience.

"Why are YOU still here? If you're going to keep talking at me, keep your ignorant stupid name calling to yourself. Choose your next words carefully. You're walking on thin magma boy so one more petching insult and I'll do far more damage to you than your sweet little love tap to the mouth."

WC 429 Total WC 2,050

Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Frenemies(Mitt)

Postby Mittle on November 5th, 2022, 10:35 pm

A gorgeous woman ran right past him like he wasn't even there and went directly to that soulless ginger. What the hell would any woman see in him? I mean a ginger guy? Really? Maybe he used his magic stuff on them? Was it only because he was so skinny and some women liked that type?

He'd wanted to talk to Taln, but that conversation he was having was awkward to overhear. Mitt felt like a voyeur or something.

Wait what, another woman's name? How many people was he doing here? That made zero sense. That creepy ginger had no paying job to bring in money, he was both scrawny and ugly. What was his secret? What the petch?! Were they all magic obsessed? Did the women only hang out with other magicky people?

Rain jogged by him, giving him a brief, but icy cold look and kept on going. Mitt stepped back and coughed nervously, having more questions than ever. But the guy was busy in a bell. If he spoke would it piss him off more?

The redhead's comment took him aback and he was hesitant to answer. But the guy was clearly waiting impatiently for an answer. Why -was- he still here? Well he was going to leave but after hearing that recent conversation, there are just some things a guy's gotta ask.

The tawny haired man walked slowly toward Taln, knowing he'd literally have to face him. He was always hanging around the Foundry but Taln was there each evening around supper time. Wait was this where that guy met all these women after Mitt had left work for the day?

Mitt cleared his throat again and stood in front of the sitting figure feeling stupid. He stepped back four paces, keeping a strict distance between them.

The young blacksmith's face registered stunned amazement and he gestured to Rainmere's retreating figure.

"How do you--? She? What's your damn secret?!"

"I don't get it. What's a secret?"

"Her? The other woman's name?"

"I'm still not getting the question. That was Rainmere if you wanted her name. But you're definitely not her type."

Mitt watched the redhead look down pensively, seeming to be caught up in memories.

"Another lifetime ago, I had a brief conversation with an Avora, Kovac about this. I don't think you'd understand."

"So you -do- know what I'm talkin' about then. Well?"

"Well what?"

Ready to snap with impatience, the tawny haired young man stopped himself and watched carefully how he spoke.

"How do you get those women in the first place?"

"I don't -get- anyone. If you love women, they know it. They respond of their own free will, like any other living being. There's never been any secret."

"I've never had a problem loving 'em! Too much, I've been told."

Taln barked out a sharp laugh of derision at Mitt's stupid comment.

"You fear them and hate them because you fear women and they know it. It shows in the way you speak and act and think. Their affections are not a commodity to be bought and sold."

Something flickered brightly in Taln's eyes and the answer to a mystery looked like it clicked into place.

"When you offered to pay for the drinks and meal, that was your version of thank you right?"

"Duh." Taln's frown had him add quickly, "Yes, yes it was. Sir?" he added, not sure about this weird situation.

"Don't call me sir and don't kiss my ass. Just treat me with normal regular courtesy."
Fiery molten eyes bored hard into Mitt, making him shift his weight from foot to foot restlessly.
"Sit down. So how long have you thought that courtesy is purely something you buy or sell?"

"I dunno." the tawny haired young man shrugged looking down and sat in the sand. He drew up his legs, leaned his forearms on them and slouched forward.

"That was not an answer. Try again."

"I saw it in action first hand. And it's solid fact."

"Maybe in your tiny ignorant ring of people in Sunberth."

Mitt's eyes turned icy and his temper rose at the blatant insult.

"Look, Mitt, I don't care if you're mad at me or the world. I just think that you have two issues that need clearing up. First, saying please and thank you as well as treating people with dignity is common courtesy--not money or bullying. Secondly, admitting you don't or didn't know something is -not- weakness. It means you're smart enough to learn from your mistakes. That's what being smart means."

WC 760 Total WC 2,828
Mittle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes