Solo [Infinity Manor]A Long Lost Tale I

Moritz heads to Infinity Manor to gather info and tell tales...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Infinity Manor]A Long Lost Tale I

Postby Moritz Craven on January 18th, 2023, 1:46 am

5 Winter 522 Continued

One moment Moritz was in Syka, saying a word. Home. The next, as he finished the final syllable, he found himself somewhere else completely. Home. Looking up Moritz found himself on a pathway, one leading a short distance away to an all to familiar building stretching upward before him. Infinity Manor.

Struck with a sense of safety and happiness Moritz grinned, moving off at once and dashing towards the building before him while yelling.

"Infinity! I'm back! I cam to visit! Its me, Moritz!"

As the Kelvic ran up to the building the door popped open, as did several windows, a sight Moritz assumed was a symbol of welcoming. He still could not communicate verbally with Infinity, he never could, but having spent so much time growing up within her he felt he understood her actions well enough to know when she was welcoming someone, something he did not feel with really any person.

As he was nearing the door her heard something moving, and a moment later a ball of fluff came rounding the corner. After a moment Moritz recalled the dog jumping up against him, Nymon that he had purchased back when he was living in Lhavit. He had left the dog behind, seeing as he was going to a hot place and he knew the hound would not survive since it was a thick coated winter dog... He did not regret the decision, knowing it was the right one, but all the same missed the dog he had befriended. Clearly someone had been taking care of her, or perhaps Infinity Manor itself had been taking care of the dog, Moritz was unsure.

Rubbing one hand along the dogs back Moritz smiled, slowly heading inside with the dog in tow. Once there he yelled again, but was sad to see no one else exiting. Apparently his mother was not there, though he decided to check with the house.

"Infinity, is it just you and Naymon here, or is anyone else here? Have you seen my mother?"

Silence. Of course not being able to speak Moritz had not expected a verbal answer, but all the same he expected if she wanted to tell him she would have found some way to communicate or give him directions. If nothing else his mother was not there now, but he had no way of knowing how long it had been since she had been there... Heading past the kitchen Moritz grabbed a snack for Naymon before sitting in a chair in the dining area off of it.

"Infinity. I don't know if my mother is around, or not... Though clearly she is not here. But, well, a lot has happened since I left. Some good, some bad. I ended up in Syka. I made some friends. I learned new things. Gained new skills and abilities. I can cook now for instance! I also was marked by a god, and had some other odd things happen. Though I recently left Syka, and now I am living in Sunberth."

Turning to a bit of a more complicated topic Moritz let out a sigh, looking up at Infinity. He knew she could see or sense him, and so did not really have a particular spot to look, and so instead settled on a semi-random spot that felt right to look at.

"I got a message saying its from my sister... And saying she is in Sunberth or was, and is or was in trouble... So I went there to find here. Also... I met a woman in Syka, and... We are together now. She came with me to Sunberth as well to help. And... We are talking about starting a family, having kids. Though Sunberth is not the safest place... Oh, and I also died a few times, but luckily it didn't take. Some weird time thing where I got stuck for a bit, but eventually I got out."

At the last bit Moritz heard several doors and windows open and slam closed, clearly indicating Infinity wanted details. With a sigh Moritz continued, explaining what had happened.

"Right, so I got stuck in the same day. Though I did not realize it till a few times through... After I got murdered and then woke up again on the same day... First though, what I did was...."

WC: 721
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on January 19th, 2023, 2:31 am

Explaining the odd instance of the repeating day took some time, though Moritz did his best to explain it fully. Starting off with the first run of the day, thinking he was having a vision of the future, and eventually realizing the day was repeating... Only to use it to his advantage and to hunt down the bandits and slavers before they attacked the caravan and murdered and enslaved so many...

"In the end... I died, and killed, and killed some more... I even killed the same man several times. I think even mother would find some humor in the fact I sent the same man to Dira more than once."

Smiling up at Infinity above him Moritz pondered that day or days, still not fully understanding what had happened.

"I think if nothing else, I realized what it was to die... And what I would do if someone tried to kill me or my family. And seeing so many around me die, I was filled with... A rage... Not a mindless one, but one that fueled my actions all the same. And once I thought on it, and the rage left, my desire to see them dead did not change. So I suppose the rage was never really what led me to do such things. I don't really feel bad about it, but I suppose I kind of feel bad for not feeling bad."

Calmly sitting in the chair, Moritz petted Nymon, moving his hand in slow but firm strokes down her back which she seemed to like. The dog had not left his side since he arrived, but he knew it would not be long before he would have to leave her behind... Which saddened him a bit.

"Your a good dog Nymon. Have you been taking care of the place while I'm gone? And Infinity, have you been watching out for Nymon? "

Letting out a sigh he recalled his earlier thoughts, those on Sunberth and Syka and Infinity Manor. And with that he came to a decision, to say what he had been thinking,

"Infinity. I know you can't talk with words... But I know you can understand me when I talk. I don't know where mother is... But... Like I said, I may be starting a family soon. But Sunberth, its not a safe place. There is danger always. I don't know how you work, or how you ended up how you are. But do you know some way to make one like you in Sunberth? I think if I was to raise a family in Sunberth, I would feel much better when I left the house knowing I left them behind in a place like you, where I grew up and always felt safe. And having one like you to watch over them and me. I don't know if its even possible, but could you help me? Could you find a way to explain it to me? Please?"

Looking around at Infinity Moritz looked for some sign, for her to find some way to talk to him. But for once he saw nothing. No response. No action or change around him. Letting out a sigh he nodded, standing up and moving away a bit.

"It's alright Infinity. I know I ask a lot. This has been a long talk. Why don't I go upstairs and rest a bit, and we can talk more after."

Without thinking Moritz lovingly stroked at Infinities walls as he walked, feeling her ever perfect and smooth structure. It was as he was passing a doorway however, a wooden thing that was solid and strong, that he suddenly felt a prick on his hand as he passed. The same hand that had the star embedded in the back. A sudden thing that felt like he was being stabbed, but only for a moment and with a small blade only big enough to jab into his hand. Ripping his hand away he let out a hiss of pain, seeing a drop of blood where he had been cut.

Confused he looked up at Infinity, unsure how it was possible, at least on accident. Not when Infinity controlled herself as she did... He also felt a warmth coming from within the spot where he had been jabbed, as if some bit had been left inside. Looking he did not see anything, but it reminded him of a time he had gotten a splinter.

Not seeing anything wrong, and giving off a shrug, Moritz headed upstairs with Naymon in tow and returned to his old room which he found more or less the same. Clearly Infinity had been taking care of it. Feeling tired suddenly he laid on the bed, and it was not long before slumber overtook him like a building caving in.

WC: 800
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on January 21st, 2023, 4:30 pm

6 Winter 522

Still part asleep, Moritz felt something touch on his mind in a way he had not felt before. And then a moment later there it was again. A feeling of.... Happiness. As if from a distance he could also hear something being repeated, but he could not make it out... Almost like they were yelling a long sentence across a canyon, and none of it was making it to him... And then finally he did hear it, though only a small bit of its meaning... "Awake!" And then it was said again, "awake!"

As he heard it the second time Moritz stirred, realizing he had fallen asleep, and had to scramble for several moments before he got his wits back about himself. Puzzled he wondered if he had been dreaming, still feeling a bit warm but not bad... As he was thinking this though he felt a press of emotion being communicated to him, happiness again, and the word "Moritz", which was his name.

Looking around he did not see anyone, and called out hello in puzzlement. And then he heard it again, speaking his name, "Moritz"... And then paired with frustration he heard more words communicated to him, as if spoken far off.... "Moritz... Speaking... Infinity..." He could tell there was more to it, but those bits of meaning were all he could hear. By then he had figured it out, he was somehow speaking to Infinity Manor, or namely it was speaking to him.

"Infinity? What? But... How? I've never been able to before."

As Moritz looked down at his hand and recalled being jabbed by Infinity, he wondered if that had been what had happened... As if in reply he heard faint laughter, and felt glee expressed across their communication. "I... Part... Inside.... Talk..."

Confused Moritz looked more closely at his hand, focusing on his eyes and activating his Iraso sight. But try and he did he could not see anything odd. He saw the living Infinity around him. The more dull mundane objects like the bed... And then his own body, which almost washed out the weaker objects upon his body. If there was some trace within him he was not seeing it. But then there was nothing on the surface, so that made sense. Shrugging he turned off his Iraso sight, focusing instead on trying to listen to Infinity as she spoke.

"You... Put something inside of me? And that is what is letting us speak? I guess that is also how my mother could talk to you?"

Feeling more happiness communicated Infinity seemed to nod before speaking. He could tell she was speaking properly, but with his weak connection he could only make out what she was saying in spurts. Clearly she was fully sentient, and able to speak just fine, he just could not hear it. "Place... Splinter... Inside... Now... Connected... Now... Archi Mage. I.... Architectrix."

Struggling to hear each bit word by word, what would have taken but moments to communicate took several chimes of work, and of Infinity repeating herself before he got the gist of it all. Still talking back and forth, he felt he had a better idea of it all.

"So.... You placed a splinter of yourself, your wood, or... Body... Inside of me. When you jabbed or stuck me. And now that connects us, and made me an... Archi Mage. And you are an... Architectrix. That.... That is a lot at once."

Laying back across the bed Moritz rested, tired from all of the events even though they had not been talking long. Though perhaps, he reasoned, it was also in part because he was a new Archi Mage as Infinity called him. And whatever Infinity was or did, it had a name. Architectrix. That was the being she was. Smiling Moritz was glad to have a name for her, which without thinking he projected in communication back to Infinity who also smiled and projected happiness back.

WC: 660
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on January 22nd, 2023, 5:53 pm

After resting for awhile, Moritz sat up again, looking up at Infinity above and around him before communicating again. Now though with their connection he did not have to talk as he had before, but could communicate more directly and Infinity could communicate to him. It was all new to the Kelvic, but he felt he was grasping it fast.

Still, regardless of how fast he grasped the concepts the actual action of communication and understanding her was slow. It was like she was moving so much faster and was forcing herself to slow down to be heard, and he on the other hand was moving slow and required her to keep repeating herself to be clear. Her emotions on the other hand were clear, and he could feel those coming across right away. Her slight annoyance at having to repeat herself and talk slowly. Her enjoyment of talking to him. And her happiness of doing so... Those all came in turn quite clearly.

"So, Infinity. You told me how a person becomes a Archi... Mage... Thingy. Which I am now. But how do you work? Or like... How does another Archi... Building thing... No? Archi... Architect? Architecher? Archi-tech-trix. Architectrix. How are those made?"

Smiling at his trouble Infinity spoke in his head, simply correcting him by saying "Architectrix " a few times. He tried to repeat it back, and after a chime or so he felt he could say the word correctly. Once he did she focused again and explained quite simply how it worked. Perhaps too simply. "Same."

Frowning Moritz tried to work out what she meant. What was the same? Making an Arch... thing... Building... Was the same as a person. But in that case she had broken off a splinter, a piece of herself inside of him, jabbing him and placing it inside. How would that work with a building?

"Uh... Infinity... When you say the same. I mean, a house doesn't have flesh. So how would you stick a piece inside of them?"

Before their speech had been tricky, but now that Infinity was trying to communicate a complex idea and Moritz understanding of her words was very slow, it was becoming all the more difficult. Which meant another chimes long discussion and repeating session where Moritz had to puzzle out each word bit by bit and one by one what she was trying to say. "Break... Give... Piece... Piece... Move... New... Expand... Remove... Piece... Live... Give... Make... New... Live... Offer... Piece... Me... Make... New... Birth..."

Here Infinity tried to explain things in several ways, varying, but also saying more or less the same thing over and over. Eventually he felt he got what she was saying, and how it worked to make a new Architectrix. But he went back to put it in his own words to make sure.

"So wait.... To make a new Arch... Architectrix... You have to give up a piece of yourself. Of your Architectrix body. And then I or someone places that piece on a non-Architectrix structure.... And it becomes an Architectrix? That is how it works? Seems pretty simple. Wait what if someone steals a piece? Or you lose a piece by mistake? Does it still work?"

Worried at that thought, Moritz wondered if someone hearing of this might come and try to strip Infinity bare to make many more, his worry coloring his communication with her. However Infinity smiled back, explaining further. "No... Not take... Not mistake... Give... Must... Intent... Give... To make... Intent... Import... Ant... Must... Choose... Simple... But... Complex... Simple... But... Just... Begin."

Nodding along Moritz felt he understood what she meant. It had to be done willingly... Or else it would not make a new Architectrix ... And also while it was simple to make a new one... Just getting a piece from one and placing it on a mundane building... As she said that was just the start of the process, clearly there was more to it than just the initial infusion of making an Architectrix.

"A first step among many, I get what you mean... Like opening a door is the first step to entering a building, it doesn't mean you know the building from entering... But it is still required to enter to go further..."

WC: 712
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on January 23rd, 2023, 9:44 pm

While talking to Infinity was not physically draining, all of the back and forth and trying to understand things was mentally taxing, and so Moritz soon found himself sprawled across the bed trying to rest his head. He did not often deal with such ambiguous situations, though as with anything he assumed he would get better with practice. Surely socializing with an Arch structure was another skill, and one he would improve at and get better at over time.

Letting his mind wander restfully, he flicked his eyes open and closed, looking over at a wall, the ceiling, and just generally being lazy. But a few chimes later he heard Infinity again trying to communicate in his head. "Door... At... Door..."

Struggling for a moment he flopped off the bed, but soon popped back up and looked around. Someone was at the door? Or approaching it? That seemed what she was trying to say. Still bare footed the Kelvic raced his way back out of the room and down the stairs, quickly making the ground floor. He looked around then, wondering if Infinity had been wrong, only to hear a knock at the door.

Moving over quickly he opened it, only to find... A strange man he did not know there? And oddly enough he was a strange man pulling a cart with several chests on it.

"Yes, can I help you?"

Puzzled as to why they were there or what they were bringing, he questioned the man, who in turn looked over the Kelvic before speaking. He was a bit glad to know that Infinity had been right, that someone had been approaching the door, and that her words had alerted him in advance. Anyone outside would have just assumed he happened to be by the door by chance, but thinking defensively such as in Sunberth... Knowing someone entered, or was nearing the door, was a great boon. No one for instance could sneak in without him knowing about it... Or at least no normal person, since this odd magic no one knew of pointed out that there were many odd and magical things and abilities and perhaps one would allow someone to do just that...

The man eying Moritz finally spoke, gesturing at the cart. "Are you Moritz Craven? Your suit seems to say so... And you seem to match his appearance, and honestly I've not met another person that did so, so seems likely you are. Plus you being here... Anyways, I have a package for one Moritz Craven of Infinity Manor. I'll just drop these off."

Looking down Moritz recalled once more his suit said his name, some odd bit of the magic since it only did it once he was fully suited up. He had gotten so used to wearing it he often forgot that quality, but being easy to wear and not being bothered by his Kelvic shifting he wore it most of the time.

"Yes I'm Moritz. Ah, how did you know I was here? And who is it from? Also, what is it?"

He said these last words as the first chest was dropped off, revealing a loud series of jangles. Sound he had heard before, which clearly sounded like coins hitting coins as the contents shifted around. The man eyed him as he finished depositing it, before moving back to the other chest. "My orders just say to drop these off here at Infinity Manor to a Moritz Craven, along with your description. It doesn't say who its from, or such things. That's all I know, I'm not the one who took the order."

A bit concerned Moritz frowned, but carried the chests inside one at a time, before watching as the man quickly left having left the contents of his cart there. Moritz for his part was wondering how anyone knew he was there, seeing as he had not even left the house since he arrived. Clearly then someone was keeping an eye on the place, and noticed once he was there... Though who or why he did not know.

With the door shut again Moritz opened the chests in turn, finding as expected each was filled with coins. A small heap of gold mizas was in each chest... He would need to count it up to make sure, but it clearly appeared to be over a thousand... Setting it aside he would count up the money and then stow it in his coin storage purse which was a magic item for storing money. But all the while he puzzled, trying to work out who would have given him the money or why... He spoke to Infinity but from her response she did not know, nor did she know of anyone nearby watching... Which seemed to mean they were far enough away to not be noticed.

"Thank you anyways for the information Infinity. It seems you know well about what goes on around you. That would be another thing of use in Sunberth, with shifty people trying to sneak in and such..."

WC: 842
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on January 24th, 2023, 1:30 am

After resting for a bit longer, Moritz turned back over to think on the new coins he had received. His first estimate has been over a thousand, but in truth the total had been over two thousand. Between that, other funds he had received, and wages he had saved up, he had a decent chunk of coins saved. He was still curious who it was that had sent it to him, or why, but figured he had no way to return it or puzzle out who sent it, and so had no recourse but to keep it. Perhaps they had some plan at hand...

But since it was clearly indicated as a gift and not a loan, he did not see what plan they could have towards him... Particularly since they did not even say who there were but kept anonymous, further making this scenario less likely. But even if the sender meant good, it still worried Moritz over who it was sending it. In the end he shook his head to clear his mind, and focused instead on what he could affect. Namely, with all that money saved up, what could he buy? What should he buy?

Thinking on Sunberth, he was unsure where buying land was even possible. Perhaps one of the more peripheral areas, away from the thicker population groupings? He would likely need to talk to someone, and find out if they new how to purchase land. Though what kind of land, or where, or how much, he was unsure... Plus what kind of land would be best? Did it even matter if he was to infuse an Architectrix?

"Infinity. I said before, but I am making a family possibly in Sunberth... But... I guess I don't know much about how that works. You said all you need is a piece of you or another Architectrix willingly given... And then to place it into another building to make it like that. But what about the land? Is there anything important for doing it? Does the type of land, or position, or stuff, matter?"

At that Infinity grew silent, not saying much. However Moritz was unsure if she was thinking over her response, or was being silent for some other reason. In the end she did speak, but it was an odd feeling coming across with the words... A bit of worry... Fear... And something else he could not name, but made him think of someone jumping on top of someone and wrapping them in their arms. But what that was he could not think, not really recalling experiencing that before. At least not that he could remember. "Land... Room... Grow... Expand... Room... Land..."

Frowning Moritz tried to figure out these words, having to have Infinity repeat them several times. In the end he figured out what she meant. Namely that an Architectrix needed land, room to grow and expand. Having asked what properties of land were needed and only get that, namely open space, it seemed to mean the type of land did not matter just that there was space for the structure to expand... Expand?

"Wait, Architectrix can get bigger and grow after they begin?! How does that work?"

If Infinity said an Architectrix needed room to grow, then that meant they had a way to add to themselves or build upon themselves. But how did that work? And also thinking on that, Infinity seemed fully formed as a person, only limited by his own ability to speak to her... So then... Did all Architectrix start like that? Or not? That would be something else he would need to ask Infinity about. One more in a long list of questions.

WC: 615
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on January 27th, 2023, 1:59 am

Looking at Infinity with confusion, Moritz tried to worm out another fact, and was left with once more trying to understand the living buildings words. He could sense Infinities frustration as it tried to explain thins to him, but had to keep repeating itself and talking slowly to make itself heard. Even more at that moment Moritz wished he was more skilled so he could assuage her annoyance.

Finally when she did speak it was still confusing, and as before took him chimes of listening and repeating to make out anything of use. "Arch... Grow... Time... Grow... Gift... Power... Mage... Use... Grow.... Mage... Feed... Arch... Grow... Need. Want. Will. Add. Change. Grow."

Taking a few moments to mull it all over once more Moritz tried to restate what Infinity had said to make sure he was understanding things clearly.

"So wait... An Arch structure... It can grow or add to itself... Over time... Or if... An Arch mage like myself... Gives it power... Gives it some of their own energy, which they can then use to.... Do things. Like... Grow... Or add parts. Or rooms, or stuff... I... Think I get it. So that means an Arch structure can change over time, or get bigger, add rooms. But not freely... You said if it wanted to, or needs to, or such.... Assuming it has the power saved up to do so, or something like that? So I guess an Arch gets power slowly over time, or faster if fed. That... Sort of makes sense."

Infinity silently nodded along to his words, sending a sense of contentment at his assessment, seeming to indicate most if not all of it was right. Truly though he was not really figuring it out, just learning to decipher Infinities words properly. He had always to a degree known what she meant, or close to it, so perhaps growing up doing that helped him follow her logic and such and to make it more clear from what she was now saying. Along with that he felt the mental muscles slowly growing, and felt if nothing else he was slightly faster at working out what she was saying. He was still no where near learning to take in full conversations like a normal person talking, but certainly he had improved since he began.

"Huh... I'm guessing then I'm still too new to be doing that type of stuff, since I've certainly not seen any way of feeding power to you for such things. Maybe once I get a bit better, more fluid, with doing such things. Like how with my Iraso sight I can now turn it on or off by just thinking, but at first it was a hard effort to do so."

Thinking it over Moritz recalled the other question he had earlier, around the same time as he learned Arch structures could grow and tried to learn about it. Namely the question of an Arch structures mind from when it was first created to becoming fully formed and aware like Infinity. Another good query he knew he needed to ask Infinity to fully learn about her and her kind.

"So another question. Sorry for so many, but I think every time you answer one, I think of another. But anyways... You are clearly fully aware, more or less like a person. But how does that work. Are all Arch structures like that? Like if you gave me a piece, and I infused a new building, would it be like you right away? I'm not sure I understand that process, could you try to explain it?"

WC: 601
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on March 1st, 2023, 3:44 am

Grade Award!

Name: Moritz Craven
XP Award:
  • Animal Husbandry 2
  • Arcanology 1
  • Architectrix 5
  • Interrogation 4
  • Logic 3
  • Pathfinding 1
  • Persuasion 2
  • Philosophy 1
  • Planning 2
  • Psychology 1
  • Rhetoric 5
  • Socialization 2
  • Storytelling 2

Lores:
  • Storytelling: Telling ones life to a sentient house
  • Philosophy: Feeling bad for not feeling bad
  • Psychology: Understanding thoughts and feelings by explaining a memory
  • Architectrix: Initiation lets you speak to Architectrix
  • Architectrix: Communicating emotions easier than words
  • Architectrix: Initiation by inserting a piece of Architectrix
  • Architectrix: Initiate called Archi Mage
  • Architectrix: Newer users less able to communicate
  • Architectrix: Building infected with Architectrix magic called an Architectrix
  • Architectrix: Architectrix create new Architectrix by placing a piece of themselves in it
  • Architectrix: Piece to create new Architectrix must be offered willingly
  • Architectrix: Aware of the things around them and in them
  • Architectrix: Need land and room to grow or expand
  • Architectrix: Can grow or add to its structure over time or if it wants or needs to
  • Architectrix: Can be fed energy by an Archi mage to speed up growth
  • Architectrix: Can change over time but not freely
  • Architectrix: Newer users unable to use all abilities like feeding Architectrix energy
  • Interrogation: Using one question to lead to the next one

Penalties & Awards:
  • +2,310 gm
  • Initiation into Architectrix

Notes: Architectrix initiation previously approved via HD, added to SS. Yeah for the new magic! Also Miza award already added to ledger with links to challenge were awarded.
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes