[Shinyama Pavillon] May i enter? (Hyacinth, please)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Una Nox on December 4th, 2010, 2:20 pm

89th Day of The Season of Fall, 510 AV.

Una really did not want to be the idle one anymore. She wanted a job, no, she rather needed one; And so she was here, on the first tier of the Shinyama peak, at the entrance to this weird looking building. When she came to think of it, all building in Lhavit were kind of strange compared to any other cities she was in. Why did she think about such things anyway? She needed a job, right? And Priskil knew that all she was good for know was picking fights and kicking buts, if she was even good enough for that? Well this was by no means a good time to doubt one's self, so she quickly banished the thought as she took a deep breath and took her first steps towards the structure. It was only a few steps, yet every next one felt much more hard and pressing than the one before. Was she really that scared she was not going to pull through? Should she chicken out? A sudden shiver was what she could feel down her spine as she slapped herself. How did she even go as far as to fall in doubt? With a somewhat absent grin and a numb left cheek she progressed further and further until she was at the door.

And she was in, it was no big deal, yet. She could feel her heart beat a bit faster, could she really be a part of all this? After pulling a sleeve of a random man who seemed a bit rough around the edges, she was pointed to one of the offices at the right side of the giant room. Not wanting to waste any time and determination she still had on idle chatter, she quickly thanked the man and left for the office.

The office was not really all that hard too reach, nor it was as scary as Una had imagined it in her mind, but still there was something missing as she had entered, maybe a person? She could not help herself but shiver a bit, as she found the stillness of the room too creepy for her taste. She leaned against the wall hoping for someone to show up anytime soon.
Last edited by Una Nox on January 2nd, 2011, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Una Nox
May Priskil guide my blade

Words: 40495
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2010, 2:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelpie on December 24th, 2010, 8:38 am

oocTerribly sorry this was so late, Una. But don't forget to timestamp, hon!

The Shinyama Pavilion was well known among Lhavitians as the go-to for people in distress or searching for “enlightenment” in Zintila’s name. It was an enormous and tall structure, and it was very hard to miss. The day had been generous, with the chill kept at bay by fires held in skyglass bowls set in corners, giving the overall feel of the first floor a warm and comforting one. Many people entered and exited the pavilion, so it was not so odd that Una entered, with a mindset to learn or become initiated. It was only a matter of proving herself.

So when she arrived at one of the offices, it wasn’t long before a bald head emerged from a corner and an elderly man stood before the woman smiling brightly at the visitor and bowing low in greeting. He was garbed in a black robe and a blue sash, with a shock of a graying beard falling pin straight just below the pit of his neck. “Welcome, welcome.” He said in his smoky voice. He spoke in Common, assuming Una did not speak Lhavitian at all. “My name is Dian Tovu, and you are?”He continued, then, regardless of her answer. “How may I help you on this fine day, my lady? Do you seek our aid? An issue with a civilian, perhaps?”
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Una Nox on January 2nd, 2011, 2:30 pm

:)Stamped, also i will try to keep these as short and as clear as possible, if that is alright.

It was a bit of a shock when the bald man appeared and even more so when he spoke in common, but none of it had much effect on Una as she quickly got her mind off any thoughts she did not need in the current moment. The old man did not seem to stop, even after he asked the first of his questions, and Una could not help but think of him as a well trained parrot.

She did not interupt him unti he was done and then she quickly spoke what had been on her mind for quite some time now: „My name is Una, just Una is sufficient; I seek to be „enligthened“ if that is how you say it, and hopefully join the Shinya, and i think that's about it“ she responded in Lhavitian, just to let him know, she was not simply an ignorant stranger.
Una Nox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelpie on January 25th, 2011, 6:31 am

oocI seem to have overlooked this once again. Thanks for nudging me, I didn't mean to do it on purpose.

"A pleasure Una. You are a gem among the visitors we receive so frequently, for not many who have not lived their entire lives in the sanctity of the monastery chose this path out of whim. If you would please follow me." Tovu gestured toward Una to follow as he led her up stairs through hallways and sliding doors, passing a myriad of acolytes and shinya alike.

It was several chimes before they reached the topmost level and entered a room where Una could see various students being instructed in meditation via their instructors in corners, and others choosing to stand alone in their silence. The small room in the far side of the spacious area was their destination, and Tovu was brisk as he led the woman there, knocked on the door and entered himself. The door was shut, and Una was left for not but several seconds before Tovu opened the sliding door once more.

"You may enter." He said, and as Una did so, he exited, and the sliding door was shut behind her.

The man that sat before her now was none other than the Shinsa, himself. Garbed in his signature black robes and gold overcoat, his head clean shaved and his beard as black as a crow's feather. His bright eyes shone with a wisdom he did not conceal and with a gesture, Una took her seat on one of the cushions across from him.

"Welcome to the Shinyama Pavilion, Una. I am Atanu Tan'kima, Shinsa of the Shinya Order. Dian Tovu has told me you seek to join our Order, I am pleased to hear this. Is there a reason why we should take someone such as yourself under our tutelage? Please do not look upon this conversation as a question on your capabilities of becoming a Shinya. There are risks for those that take us lightly, I only assume precaution for the betterment of candidates."
Kelpie

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Una Nox on January 25th, 2011, 8:26 am

:)Don't worry, it happens, anyway, thank you :)

The man, Tovu, was gone too quickly for her to even say thank you properly, but that did not bother her much. People here sure seemed busy, that thought was not lost even after gazing upon the Shinsa of the Shinya. Even while it looked like he was not doing much at the moment, Una could not shake of the feeling that even know, he is actually doing something important besides losing his time on a simple talk with her.

She was gestured to a seat, it was a gesture she find hard to ressist as she was sitting down. Quickly after the man spoke in a casual tone, it was probably the routine that made him so confident in what he was assuming. After waiting for him to finish, Una's completely relaxed face quickly pulled up, into a grin. She spoke somewhat quietly as always, but still keeping her voice loud enough to be heard: „Thank you, it is a pleasure to be here, Atanu. And indeed i do seek to be instructed here, but i think you are asking the wrong question, the right one would be; Why wouldn't you take me under your wing? I am sure that i can be all i am expected of and more. As for my reason to even be here, i am a follower of Priskil, and there is nothing we hate more than being useless, or at least it is so in my case; Shelter was provided for me in this city, and a part of me would like to pay you back eventually. I assure you i am quite aware of the risks, and everything related to them, that much i can say for certain. So how about it, do i match up to what you wanted to hear in order to let me pass?“ she used a casual tone as well, there was no reason to be all stiff about this, unless it really was needed.

Una could not help but wonder what was it that she was expected to say, or do, or not say... The list grew infinite in her head, as all she could do now was wait, and hope for a best possible outcome.
Una Nox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelpie on February 8th, 2011, 8:37 am

Atanu stared placidly at Una, barely a reaction to her response. He did not look unkindly to her, nor did he look favorably. He was the in-between. Neutral and without judgment just yet.

“I can safely say that our Order would be proud to have someone such as yourself join us, and it is generous of you to want to repay our city. Most simply show their thankfulness by treating our men and women to meals or kina, but you… you go beyond, and I can see this. Priskil is welcome here, and a follower of her even more so. What I am interested now, however, is your skills. If we are to induct you, you will begin as an Acolyte but will be elevated based on the skills you currently hold. If you excel, you will be placed in advanced classes and will train until you are ready to undertake the Awakening.”

He paused, allowing her to speak before he continued, “Foreign Acolytes will not have a Viraya to take care of, so most of your duties will consist of listening and following the instructions of your Shinya sponsor. But I will ask you again if this is the path you wish to take as there will be no turning back should you fail.”
Kelpie

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Una Nox on February 10th, 2011, 8:20 am

The indifferent vibe the man was giving off poked at Una’s inner peace a bit, but hopefully not enough for him to notice. Still, she remained as calm as her mind would let her, as she was listening to what he was saying. As soon as he stopped talking for a moment, she knew it was her turn to speak, so she opened her mouth in an awkward way before speaking out the very next second: “ My skills are indeed lacking, and even more so, I have not even the slightest of ideas how is that magic called projection done; yes, I am quite clueless, but I would still like to go further…” her voice trailed off as she wondered if blabbing everything out is a good approach with this man.

Foreign Acolytes would not have to take care of a Viraya? “What the hell is a Viraya?” Una wondered, she looked at the man, deciding she would not ask him, she could always pick that knowledge up during the way. Damn her slow brain. He spoke in a bit of morbid manner in the woman’s mind, but that did not bother her much, not much at all. So after all that talk, all he really did was ask her the same question many times; she was a bit surprised at this thought as she talked back: “As it was a couple of chimes ago, my decision is still the same, I still wish to continue; And besides, who said anything about trying to go back?” she gave of a slight hint of pride with those last words as she waited for him to respond in any manner she could understand or grasp.
Una Nox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets