[Quest] Eyes In The Shadow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Sheika on November 15th, 2010, 1:27 am

Sheika felt his heart rate hasten instantly and his ribcage nearly bursting in pain as he felt the excitement explode. The lizard felt him moving, and as Sheika scurried up the tree, the reptile missed his leg by only moments. Sheika, now perched on the branch, peered down at the creature, who in turn was gazing up at him. Sheika was trapped. The Witch Doctor only grinned dismally at himself as he realized his foolishness in jumping up the tree. He was now with nowhere to go and a vicious predator ready for his descent. How was he to get down safely?

Sheika gazed around for Corvo, the other Myrian did not follow him up the tree, good thing too as the Lizard probably would have caught him, yet he seemed to be nowhere in sight. Sheika sighed as he pondered. Perhaps Corvo went off to find the others? That would be wise if he knew where they were. A few darts could probably down the lizard and save Sheika, but that would be embarrassing. Sheika continued to keep his eyes locked on the scaled monster, who only seemed to be more than happy to play a 'staring contest' as it waited for his tree-trapped prey to tire and fall.

But everything was tossed in a whirlwind of confusion. Sheika saw the lizard do some sort of awkward dance just in time to down his ally, Corvo! Sheika was stunned as he watched his friend attack, fail, and get attacked in turn by the scaled reptile. The situation was grim for sure, more so immediately for Corvo than Sheika, oh how the tables can turn. Still, Sheika won the staring contest, so there was a victory to be found.

Sheika was the leader of this mini-fang though, the others elected him, not all for him, but majority it was. He wouldn't be able to show his face back in Taloba if he let on of his own die while he watched from a safe place. No, he wouldn't even be able to accept himself after something like that. Sheika, without much hesitation jumped down from the branch with his ever wicked steel dagger, a rare sight for any Myrian to see let alone own, and got to work. He hoped this wouldn't end Corvo completely, but he felt it would be best to jump on the lizard's back, hopefully to avoid the tail that downed Corvo to begin with. Assuming he managed to mount the beast, he would desperately try to thrust the blade into the lizard, in a horizontal fashion so that a miss would not drive his blade into Corvo's chest. That would be the worst possible thing that could happen.
Sheika
An Apple A Day Keeps the Witchdoctor Away

Words: 37252
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 3:25 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rage on February 11th, 2011, 12:20 pm

GRANTING OF XP

Corvo
Logic - 1xp
Stealth - 1xp
Weapon: Sword Gauntlet - 1xp
Tactics - 1xp

Lores:
- Taking Sides
- Superstitious Fear of Ghosts

Zuzana
Observation - 1xp
Stealth - 1xp
Teaching - 1xp
Intimidation - 1xp

Lore:
- Protectiveness for the Bondmate
- Lecturing a Myrian

Notes:
Due to inactivity, and since two of the PCs have been retired, I'm closing this thread and awarding XP. I only awarded the two remaining PCs. To resolve the current scene: Zuzana sensed the distress of Sheika and their group returned to the campsite. Corvo, while not grievously wounded, needed treatment from the lizard's poisonous bite and the group was forced to return to Taloba. Gamal set out immediately with a new, if smaller, group. They were not heard from again.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous