[Location] The Menagerie

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Cheshire on August 11th, 2010, 8:16 pm

The Menagerie

Within the snowy market place of Avanthal, there is a portion that is a little more wild than the rest. The Menagerie is a market place that is a U-shape of stone shops all curved around a great fire. Here, one can find almost any Avanthal animal they would need from horses and snow elk and oxen to owls and chickens and sheep. Many of these animals are species that one could not find in other places except for the cold climate of Avanthal.

The Menagerie is filled daily with a fair amount of animal experts and eager customers in search of pets, work animals, or just a quick glance at the rare animals the market contains. Each vendor has their own shop inside which they carry out their sales. The shops vary in size depending on the animal or animals sold. These shops are made of stone and very well insulated in order to keep the animals warm and healthy. Some shops also have fenced in areas. These shops are usually reserved for the vendors with large animals like oxen, horses, or elk who do not like to stay indoors. The shops with the fences tend to be smaller due to the fact that the animals are kept outside. The inside of each shop does not change much from shop to shop. Each shop contains a place for the vendor to sit and where they can sort out sales. They each have seats for customers to sit and tables in case groups of people need to work out prices and finances within the group. All shops also have a fire in the middle for warmth. The smaller shops with the animals outside do not tend to have more than the vendor area and seats and tables for the customers.

The larger shops and the shops that keep the animals inside usually have cages or let the animals walk around freely if the vendor trusts them enough. If a visitor ventures a little farther from the curve of shops they will come across a large building that looks somewhat like a barn but is much warmer and insulated. This building is used for animal storage. It is filled with animals of the vendors that have not set up shop. It is also used as storage when the blizzards or other harsh weather come around. The building is well-built and warm enough to keep the animals from getting sick.

Most vendors are friendly but beware the ones who will rip you off. Not all sellers are as trust worthy as one would hope. All vendors accept mizas, but a few accept barter and trade.

Many of the vendors come and go due to the fact they want to take their animals to different lands or they want to take Avanthal animals to lands where they are not known for better profit. There are a few constant vendors though:

(NPC) Tovan Frostfawn - Birds :
ImageSells owls, hawks, and other birds of Avanthal.

Name: Tovan Frostfawn
Race: Vantha
DoB: Fall 89, 456 AV
PoB: Avanthal
Title: Bird seller
Skills: Falconry 55, Animal Husbandry 50, Birdkeeping 60, Wilderness Survival 20
Gnosis: 2 Marks from Morwen, 1 Mark from Eywaat

Tovan’s father taught him about birds from a young age. On his sixteenth birthday, his father gave him his first eagle. He named her Lunna, and he learned all about the art of falconry with her. He even mated her a few times. He felt more attached to that bird than he did with anything else in the world. He trained with her tirelessly, but he loved every moment of it. With her chicks, he started his store in the Menagerie. With the help of his father and brothers, his stock grew into the wide range of birds he has today. By the time Tovan was thirty-one, Lunna was reaching the end of her life. Tovan was devastated, but he knew that Lunna had lived a good life. He released her into the wild to live out the rest of her days in freedom. After a few weeks, Tovan decided to keep one of Lunna's chicks. He could not live without a bird by his side. He named this bird Solas, and to this day, Solas sits on a perch next to him while he works. Tovan is the oldest of the vendors in the Menagerie at the age of fifty-five. He is very kind once you get to know him but to someone who has met him for the first time he seems a bit cold due to the fact he is so quiet.

(NPC) Reikanni Frostfawn – Small Domesticated Animals :
ImageSells domestic animals as pets such as Cats, Dogs, Rabbits, Weasels, and Small Birds. Her shop is warmer than most to accommodate the animals that will most likely spend their lives indoors once purchased.

Name: Reikanni Frostfawn
DoB: Summer 2, 488 AV
Title: Small domesticated animal seller
Skills: Animal Husbandry 45, Persuasion 20, Seduction 30, Storytelling 15
Gnosis- 1 Mark of Morwen

Reikanni is a proud member of the Frostfawn hold and, as such, was raised surrounded by animals. There was never a shortage of furry pets as far as she was involved. Her father Donvan ran the pet store before she took over and most of her days were filled with playing with his unsold pets. She would name each one and would often cry when she found that her favorites got sold while she was not at the store. After months of her getting upset when her favorite pets were sold her father finally let her choose one to keep as her own. She chose a small black kitten which she had already named Umbra. She still has the cat to this day and it walks around the store freely. Reikanni is the most social of the storekeepers in the Menagerie. She always knows the latest news and never runs out of things to talk about. She is wise beyond her years in the art of persuasion though and has been known to get even the most reluctant customer to buy one of her animals. She has also been known to lower her prices for men she finds attractive. Although when her father finds out, he hunts them down and demands full price for the animals.

(NPC) Daluna Coolwater – Hooved Animals :
ImageSells Horses, Elk, and Caribou. She is the kindest of the vendors and often gives discounts to repeat customers.

Name: Daluna Coolwater
DoB: Spring 76, 485 AV
Title: Hooved animal Seller
Skills: Animal Husbandry 40, Horsemanship 48, Fishing 15, Riding 50
Gnosis- 1 Mark of Morwen

Daluna was a shy child and would only open up when she was around animals, horses, to be exact. Daluna was actually from the Coolwater hold, but she did not like to go out on the boats. When her family went out to fish, she would sneak away to the stables and spend time with the horses. The manager of the stable, Lusina, began to treat her like a daughter and let her help around the stables. As soon as Daluna got to know Lusina, she began to wish that she was from the Frostfawn hold instead of Coolwater. Lusina always made sure Daluna knew that her place in Coolwater was important and everyone was put into their hold for a reason. As time went on Daluna finally told her family about her secret of loving horses and spending time at the stables and to her surprise they accepted her for it. Daluna went on to open a store with the help of her mother and Lusina. As a gift for opening her shop, her mother and Lusina got her an elk. Daluna loves the elk as if it was her own family. His name is Rufallo, and he is usually found outside her store. When she is not in her store, she is usually riding him. Daluna and Reikanni are very good friends and often visit each other’s shops. Daluna is very shy, but if you come to her shop often, she will give you discounts. She is known around the Menagerie as the mother of the Menagerie even though she is still young.

Moderator's Note:
Selling to NPCs requires moderation, or at least permission to self-moderate.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Malia on February 26th, 2011, 5:52 pm

Timestamp: 71st of Winter, 510 AV

Malia was wandering around between the vendors of an area that the inhabitants simply called ‘The Menagerie’. She watched transactions and purchases of animals through the windows, but didn’t enter a shop yet. Since Stitch and she had arrived at Avanthal, she had been in search of something to do. Stitch had his own agenda, one she was mildly curious about, but didn’t press him on. He’d tell her bits and pieces every now and then though. He had found a job very quickly. Training the young Kelvics and apprentices of the Icewatch did sound like him. Although Malia hadn’t known that he possessed some unarmed combat skills, she didn’t really mind it. Rather, her opinion tended to go into the opposite direction: Since she didn’t have any means to defend herself in battle, it’d be good if her traveling companion could fight for them both.

While the cloaked figure circled the vendors, like a predator waiting for its prey, she sorted out her thoughts. While Stitch had made an effort to get a job immediately, her decision wasn’t yet made. On the one hand, she needed as much time as possible to practice her Animation skills. She’d have to hide her experiments from the resident Vantha, since she didn’t know what their attitude towards magic was and wasn’t inclined to find out too soon. On the other hand, however, she needed some extra mizas. She couldn’t let Stitch care for her; no, she had always looked after herself. The urge to pay for herself was more like a habit than a firm set of ethics. Furthermore, Animation experiments were expensive. Because she was in a city she didn’t know, in an area of Mizahar that was deserted as well as dangerous, she’d have to resort to buying the goods she needed to craft animated items.

No matter how she put it, finding work was a necessity.

Having made up her mind, Malia approached one of the larger vendors, opened the door and entered it. Pale hands reached up to remove the hood, revealing pale, blank features framed by blood red hair. It was obvious that the stranger was not native to that area. She didn’t wear the right clothing, her complexion was too pale, her eyes too steady. Close to stillstand, in fact. Pitch-black they were, with a red shimmer and blue circles around the irises if one took a closer look. She didn’t appear to be cold. Her eyes examined the shop’s interior.

No emotions shimmered through her voice when she addressed the shop owner, a young woman. “Greetings, I have come to inquire about getting a job here. My companion and I are travelers, but we plan to stay here at least for the rest of the season.” After a short pause she added: “I do not know much about animals, but I have worked with children. It must be similar, changing from one to the other?” It wasn’t phrased like a question and her voice only went a tiny bit up at the end, so it would probably take the owner a little to realize that Malia expected an answer.

The warmth and the furry bodies did appeal to her in a practical sense. The job was safe and, more importantly, she would have plenty of opportunities to study animal behavior she could utilize in her Animation rituals.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Cheshire on March 1st, 2011, 3:00 pm

Another sunrise, another day where Reikanni was surrounded by her loving companions of the menagerie. These companions were not of the Vantha breed though. Reikanni loved her friends in the beast market but more so, she loved her more bestial companions. The cats, dogs, and other furry friends of her shop. Reikanni followed her daily ritual, kissing her husband goodbye, checking in with Kayin, and meeting Daluna at the mouth of the market place to walk toward the Menagerie together. She liked her daily movements but at times it was a little repetitive.

As Reikanni walked through the door to her shop she was greeted by Umbra, her jet black cat. "Good morning mister!" She smiled as she picked the large cat off the floor and rubbed her nose against his cheek. "You are getting so big and heavy! Has Kayin been sneaking food in for you?" She giggled and walked over to her desk in the back of the shop. Setting Umbra down she let her eyes sweep across the span of the shop. "Everyone seems in place. Now all we are missing is the customers!" From the window Reikanni looked out toward the grand fire as she smiled back at the animals. "Some lucky little friends are going to have homes today. Put on your best smiles!"

After a few bells of selling animals and making small talk with the customers a more interesting person stepped into Reikanni's shop. Her hair was red, but not like the strange influx of Inarta the city had seen lately. She seemed more… Reikanni could not put her finger on it. The girl was just different. Even her voice was a bit strange in the way it was so straight forward and emotionless. Reikanni was far more used to the musical voices of the Vantha. Vanni was impossible to speak without a hint of emotion. Reikanni could not help but be a little intrigued by the girl though. Maybe it was her brother's blood in her pushing her toward adventure. Kayin was always much more adventurous than her. "Hello, welcome to my shop! I have to say, it is not everyday someone asks me for a job." She tapped her chin and looked at the woman. She always wanted someone to help around the shop and kids had to be more difficult to deal with than domestic animals. "Sure, can you tell me a bit about you? I mean you seem very nice but I don't want to just hire you without knowing anything about you! Here in Avanthal we are storytellers, why don't you tell me a story about you?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Malia on March 13th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Malia assumed that the girl was friendly and welcoming by nature for she hadn’t been called ‘nice’ for quite a long time. Her appearance and behavior was everything but the stereotype nice people liked and trusted. Most of the time she didn’t mind, but for getting a job she needed to act nice. So she considered the compliment a step into the right direction.

She opened her cloak a little and looked around the room, taking in the cages and the large black cat in the Vantha’s arms, as if the story she should tell was hidden somewhere among the shop’s furniture. The gestures should just buy her more time, however. What kind of story would a Vantha favor? Certainly they liked epic tales of adventure and tragedy, since they were storytellers themselves. Living so high in the north, where snow prohibited moving freely outside the city walls, they surely loved to make up the most exciting tales and share them to entertain one another on long cold evenings. Malia envisioned it all in her head and tried to adjust her story to the requirements.

Eventually she focused on the young shop owner and started. The corners of her mouth twitched a little, as if with amusement. “Well, you are lucky since I have quite the interesting story to share. I was born in southern Taldera ... My family consisted of rich merchants, and my childhood was cherished and happy. However, while I was growing up someone infiltrated the family business from within. He tricked my father into signing a contract, a seemingly harmless slip of parchment. That turned out to be a grave mistake. When I was on the cusp of adulthood, he came and wanted to take me with him, as a price for the cooperation that had made our industry even more successful. My father refused and left the city, leaving the business to his brother. He took me with him and traveled the countryside, always fleeing and hiding from the person who had destroyed him and his family. At the same time, he longed for revenge.” At that point she raised her arms in an apologetic gesture. “Eventually we got separated by a stupid little incident. I haven’t found him ever since, but I’m still looking for him. I intend to help him, but I suppose I am not yet strong enough to reunite with him. Now, was that enough of a story?” Malia didn’t smile, but she tried to make it sound like she had just invented the story on the spot. Surely that had to impress the Vantha? Still, there was enough detail, enough self-confidence in her gaze for Reikanni to assume that she had at least partly taken the story from her own experiences.

Whether the story was true or false, that was for the Vantha to decide. Malia didn’t want to spread clues for Kahnikivas to pick up, after all. He might be still searching for her, even in the far north. One never knew. But for the sake of getting that job and earning some money while she was in Avanthal, she could as well tell the truth and make it sound like fiction. Since she wasn’t very well-versed in storytelling, she had to make do with what she had.

“My name is Azola, by the way”, she added.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Cheshire on March 25th, 2011, 1:36 am

Reikanni's eyes shifted through their wide span of colors as Malia told her story. The blues came out at the beginning of Malia's story as she spoke of her family, while the more pink shades came out then she spoke of the betrayal. That was the interesting thing about the Vantha. The emotion of their stories shone through their eyes. When they listened to other's stories the emotion was reflected back to the storyteller.

Reikanni gave Malia a small pout as the story ended. "That was a beautiful story although a little sad. Of course some of the best stories are." The woman was a bit unemotive for Reikanni's taste but maybe that was what outsiders were like. Not all of the Vantha were as open and talkative as Reikanni though. Her own holdmate Farren rarely talked to anyone except his animals. "Maybe Farren and this woman would get along well…" She had tried to talk to the quiet man many times but he never answered her.

Purring, Umbra leaped out of Reikanni's arms and over to Malia's side. He rubbed against her leg playfully. "He looks like he likes you Azola. His name is Umbra." Her eyes turned a warm honey color as she bent down to pet the cat. "That is a beautiful name by the way Azola. Very Talderian sounding." Reikanni liked the sound of the name. It was musical in its own way, much like the Vani language.

A few customers wandered into the store, causing Umbra to scamper off behind Reikanni's desk. "Well, let's see how you deal with customers!" She motioned to the couple standing in the doorway. "Hello, we are looking for a dog. Do you have any suggestions?" Reikanni would help Malia in any way she needed. She wanted to see how the woman acted around customers. If she was not good with customers there would be other jobs she could do. She could work with stock or feeding. Reikanni wanted to see her in action though. She wanted to see how Malia would react on the spot.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Malia on April 2nd, 2011, 2:08 pm

Malia closely observed the change in the shop owner’s eye color. The irises shifted through a palette of different hues just as easily as she worked through her story. She even guessed that the shifting had something to do with how she told the story. Was Reikanni reacting with her colors to what she said? She wasn’t sure as she didn’t know much about the Vantha. When complimented, she nodded. Although she hid it very well, she was a little pleased that her story had been a success.

Suddenly she saw a black shadow leaping out of the other woman’s arms and then felt something warm and soft against her leg. Looking down, she was greeted with the sight of the big black cat rubbing its body against her side. She cast a short look at Reikanni and hesitated. Then she bent down, said “Hello Umbra” and ran her cold hand through the dark fur. It was so warm, so soft! Something inside her wanted to use it for experiments, wanted to know what was inside, wanted to see a golem moving like that. Of course, the warmth could never be replaced. The warmth of a living being, it was something Malia wouldn’t be able to create. Not really. Well, she could probably invent some kind of copy, a twisted mirror image, but that was about it.

Very Talderian sounding? Malia hadn’t been aware of it, but now her alias made her think of Karjin. The memories had come back, as a slow and steady trickle after the barrier had been removed. She knew that her origin lay in Karjin, at the southern end of Taldera. Was that the reason why she had chosen Azola as an alias? But that wasn’t the right time to think about it, so she pushed the thought aside.

Moving over to the couple, Malia tried to do what Reikanni had said. She wasn’t shy around other people, quite the opposite in fact. But she only spoke up when she was curious about something or felt like she should learn. However, if she was to work at a shop, she had to look nice and friendly to potential customers, right? She’d put a mask on, like she had done countless times before, and get them to spend some money. “Hello and welcome”, she said, a little emotionless, a little slow, but loud and clear. At least she managed to look somewhat nice, plastering an aura of friendliness on her face. Spreading her arms, she led the couple towards the section where the dogs were kept. “What is the purpose you would like your dog for? There are sled dogs, hunting dogs ...” Trailing off, Malia watched the customers, looking curious.

She figured that, although she didn’t know much about dogs in general, it couldn’t be too difficult to select a suitable dog. One had to take a close look at them: In warmer regions, hunting dogs were small and fast, but they’d have to be long-legged in Taldera to handle the snow, right? Malia tried to serve the customers with such thoughts in mind.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Cheshire on April 12th, 2011, 8:56 pm

The couple smiled and followed the woman as Reikanni watched the exchange with a silent smile. The woman seemed quiet but she was happy to see that she could find a few words when it was needed. In this case, when dealing with customers. Reikanni had high hopes for the woman. Although she seemed to have high hopes for most people she attempted to hire at her shop. At times her personality and outlook could be viewed as a little too sunny but it seemed to keep her content.

"We were looking for a dog that could couple as a hunting dog and a children's companion. My husband is a hunter but we would love to have the dog be a playmate for our children." The woman smiled at Malia as she held tight to her husband's hand. Reikanni walked forward to let her new helper know about the dogs that would be best for the couple. "For what they are asking for, a Luvanor, a Spicecoat, a Inganu, a Akinva, or a Falivan. All are hunters as well as good companions. Although most dogs can make a good companion with a kind eye raising them." She stepped back to let the woman return to her work. She did not want to interfere too much but she also could not let the woman answer the couple without knowing the breeds that the store supplied.

The couple looked at the animals around the store giving each a nod as they passed. Finally they stopped at a small pup, an Akinva Deeerstalker. He could not have been more than a year old. He was a snow white color with upturned ears and light eyes. The couple smiled down at the pup. "He looks a little young but he could grow into a fine hunter, don't you think Dayena?" The woman nodded and looked to Malia. "Would you recommend this breed?" Rekanni smiled at Malia and nodded at her hoping she would take the hint and say yes. She was not sure how much the woman knew about animals but she would have hated to see the woman caught in a situation where she did not know the answer.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Malia on May 1st, 2011, 7:18 pm

Malia listened carefully and nodded. So a hunting dog and a loyal and playful companion it should be. Although she didn’t know much about dogs, she figured that almost all of them were good companions to pulsers. They were trained to be just that, after all, pets for those who could afford them. She nodded to Reikanni as the girl provided the names of different breeds, and then continued to show the couple around the store. There were descriptions for each animal on sale, so it wasn’t too hard to point them into the right direction.

At that moment, part of Malia hoped to get over the testing phase soon. She had already had plenty of opportunity to test her ability with words, and she knew how to wield them as a weapon to get what she wanted. Although she had never tried to lure customers into buying something from a store, she was pretty convinced that it couldn’t be too hard. After all, everyone who entered a store came with the intention to buy. One simply had to nurture that intention and transform it into reality, by helping them to get what they wanted.

When they stopped in front of a young Akinva, Malia carefully stepped aside to let them inspect the dog. She didn’t say anything as the two Vantha talked to each other, but when asked she offered a nod. Seeing Reikanni’s smile from the corner of her eyes, she commented: “Yes, I would consider this to be a good choice. Also, it will be easy to teach him the right behavior because he is still very young, and intelligent.” Of course, this was most basic knowledge coupled with an interpretation of the puppy’s curious look, but Malia still hoped that it’d help the customers set their minds on that particular exemplar. One had to utilize every possible advantage, after all.

She stepped forward once again and spread her arms a little. “Would you like to spend a few minutes with him before deciding?” Her tone implied politeness and friendliness. She would take the dog and offer it to the couple so they could feel him, speak with him. The basic rule was the same as with children: Once they interacted with them, they grew attached. Pulsers were easy to read like that.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Cheshire on May 27th, 2011, 11:03 pm

Reikanni was pleased at the girl's interaction with the customers. She seemed friendly enough and in truth she would love just about any help she could get. She could already see the girl working in the shop with her. Of course, she as a little quiet. Reikanni would work on that though. She prided herself in getting just about anyone to talk. She liked to think of it as having a very open aura. One that pulled people in and coaxed them to share their thoughts with her.

The Vantha couple smiled at Malia and nodded. "Yes, that would be wonderful." They were anxious too see the pup. In the back of their minds they had already decided to get the dog. Maybe it was some futile attempt to save their mizas for a few more chimes that caused them to agree to see the dog for a bit in the shop.

When the pup was let out to wander around the store the couple kneeled down to pet him. While the husband was absorbed in the dog the wife looked up at Malia. "I think we have no choice but to take him. Should we pay you or…" Reikanni walked to the woman's side and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'll take care of your mizas." She smiled at Malia as she ushered the woman back to her desk.

Waving a farewell to the couple, Reikanni turned to Malia. "Well, I do not see any reason not to give you the job." She held a hand out to the girl, her eyes turning a light green in excitement. "I look forward to working with you Azola." She tapped her chin with her finger as she thought. In a moment, her eyes lit up in a blaze of ice blue. "How about four gold mizas a day for your work? Does that sound good? I'm sure after a bit we can raise your income too."
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

[Location] The Menagerie

Postby Malia on May 29th, 2011, 9:18 am

When the couple agreed, Malia opened the cage and took the pup out. Even after she had put it on the floor to wander around and communicate with the customers, its warmth lingered on her hands for a while and colored them a faint shade of red. While she rubbed them together, she watched the pulsers and the pup. For a moment she felt the urge to turn and walk away. Disgusting. Jilitse had said that growing attached to an object was the cause for most complications. Mashaen and Drainira. She needed to see animals as objects so she could experiment with them.

Malia stepped back when Reikanni and the customers discussed payment. After they had left the shop, carrying a pup and a lighter purse, Malia turned back to her future superior. She had to remind herself of obeying and pleasing her. Since she was working under her, she wanted to present herself in the best light possible. After all, she had done the same with Stitch... but this time, she’d make sure that nothing went wrong. Reikanni was a pulser and Malia was a Nuit. Period.

Upon hearing the decision, she nodded. “Thank you. I will do my best.” I will also borrow your pets and experiment with them. When the pup had stumbled around the room, she had pondered the difficulty of mirroring its steps with a golem. It would take a long time until she reached that level. Nevertheless, she’d do her best. “Four mizas a day sounds perfect.”

Suddenly she hesitated. Should she tell Reikanni? But then, honesty usually got her farther than subtleties, especially with the outspoken Vantha. “I’d also like to request borrowing some animals for a night or two. You see, I’m doing research and experiments on a subject I don’t want to elaborate about and I probably need living animals to supplement my studies. I will return them in one piece and healthy. If you feel uncomfortable with that, I can also study them here after work.” Still, she hoped that the Vantha would approve of Malia taking them away for a while. It would be so much easier to perform rituals in the shadows.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)