A healing process [Aello]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Gabriella Ishira on February 20th, 2011, 8:47 am

Watching the strange bird, she wondered why such a small bird would follow this woman, these kinds couldn't be tamed. She sighed as the woman refused to take off her shirt but understood of why she wouldn't do it so she just brushed it off. Hearing a wolf had done this to her, she figured it must be from the wolf's claws, meaning there was dirt inside of the wounds, she needed to clean them quick as they already looked infected.

Finally her mastiff ran back holding a vial with a liquid in it. She held out her hand as the large dog dropped it in her hand and she gripped it tightly and took off the wooden cork. She took some of the herbs out and crushed them up into tiny pieces then put them in the vial. She then grabbed a cloth from her bag and tipped the vial onto the cloth and then put the vial down. "Now, this may sting a bit, but it'll help." Slowly, she pressed the cloth against her wound and dabbed it lightly on the large slices.

She took another cup of water and used another part of the cloth and soaked it then wiped the dried blood off of the girls skin. Reaching into her bag she pulled out some long cloth and wrapped it tightly around her wounds. "There, that should do for now."
Gabriella Ishira
Monk

Words: 7660
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 4:38 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Aello on February 20th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Aello winced as soon as the cloth had made contact with her flesh. "A little bit?" she cried, "it stings a whole heck of a lot!" The mixture seemed to be trickling into her wounds, and mixing with her blood. Sliding down her flesh, and causing her flesh to cool, and become surprisingly itchy. "Do you tell everybody that Gabriella? Just so you can lull them into a false sense of security and then do... THIS to them?" Aello paused for a minute as Gabriella continued to work. She tilted her head back and her hair tumbled down past her shoulders. Her eyes were closed, and she was gritting her teeth in pain.

"Because THIS seems more like a form of torture than anything else!" Aello continued, "which makes me wonder if you're trying to heal me or poison me, and if it weren't for the aura I saw the other day, I'd be leaning towards the latter," she added, letting it be known that she was a magic user, and not someone the girl should so much as attempt to mess with; for perhaps she knew more, and could be dangerous. Rephrase: she did know more magic, and how to use various weapons, which made her dangerous if she were in a bad mood, but Gabriella didn't need to know that. Especially when she was supposedly treating Aello with some mysterious green plant that she knew she had seen before, but didn't know the name of. She wondered if Gabriella did, or if she simply knew what to use everything for.

Aello opened her eyes again a few moments later, and when she did, she stared intently at Gabriella. There was a fire in her eyes, a mixture of pain, and anger at the fact that Gabriella had caused it, even though the woman was only trying to help. "So what are you putting on it anyway? Some sort of weed or flower? A mixture of things perhaps?" Aello paused. "And what is this supposed to do exactly, clean the wound? Ward off infection? Soak up all the nasty crusty, dried blood?"

Aello's stomach began to rise and fall heavily as her breathing grew more rapid and her heart began to beat a little faster. The woman was wiping the dried blood away, as if to get at the underlying portion of her wound. "What in all of the god's names are you doing now?" Aello asked, thinking that the dried blood were a good thing. After all, wouldn't it keep more germs from getting in, and more blood from seeping out of the split portions of her skin? "Shouldn't you have left that nasty looking stuff in place?" Aello complained, starting to wonder if the girl truly knew as much about medicine as she claimed, or if she were as clueless as Aello. She wondered if it were the blind leading the blind, and she might as well attempt at treating the wounds herself. She'd more than likely fail though, being clueless, so perhaps she should just let the woman work, she thought as the girl leaned back and stopped working on her.

When Aello looked down at her body again, she realized that Gabriella had bandaged her wounds. Guess that'll keep herself from bleeding too much, Aello thought as she looked back up at the woman. "Thanks," she muttered sheepishly.

OOCJust so you know, I'm going to be away for the next few days. I'm going to get back on Wednesday, but I'm not sure I'll have internet access until then. Feel free to post in the meantime though, and I promise I'll reply as soon as I return.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gabriella Ishira on February 28th, 2011, 7:33 am

As she treated her, she took in the yelling as just a side affect of the medicine, and that meant it was working. Being so use to the yelling now, it was rarely an issue but sometimes, people would think she was trying to hurt them when she tried to help them, and things got bad, so Apollo had to jump in to help her. Thankfully, this was not one of those times as Gabriella could tell that she was a strong woman that knew more than Gabriella thought she did. She worked through the yelling till she had finally finished and sat down as Apollo brought back a bowl of water in his mouth. He tried to give it to Gabriella, so she patted his head and took it then looked it in to see the giant slobber blob floating in the water. Ech! She thought, but she thanked him then when he walked off dumped it out beside her. "He tries so hard to help but some things he just can't do, i'll go grab some fresh water.

She picked up with cup that she had given her before and walked over to the lake to grab some more. Kneeling, she lightly slid the cup into the water and filled it to the top then got up very slowly trying not to spill it and walked back over. She sat down in front of the girl again and handed her the cup to drink, she really didn't want to make her move to much so she would get her anything that she needed.
Gabriella Ishira
Monk

Character sheet

Postby Aello on February 28th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Aello took the glass of water from Gabriella, but as soon as she did, she set it down on the left side of her body. "Sorry, but I'm not drinking that... wouldn't want leftover doggy slobber," she commented, her voice betraying her. She wanted to appear nice to this woman, especially since Gabriella had just bandaged Aello up, but her voice hinted at a certain level of disdain. After all, it wasn't as though Gabriella actually expected Aello to drink that, right? Her dog touched it... and goodness knows how clean that mangy mutt was. Not only that, but she was sick of being babied now that the medicine had been applied to her injury. It was only a flesh wound anyway.

"Besides, I carry something called a waterskin for this purpose," Aello continued, as she reached for her bag. She was careful not to accidently hit the sparrow. She pulled the bag towards her and rummaged through it for a moment before pulling the waterskin out. She opened the top, lifted it to her lips, and took a few sips before lowering it again. She wasn't particularly thirsty, but she'd drink to satisfy the healer. At least she knew that her waterskin was clean.

"How you doing down there love?" Aello asked the sparrow as it continued to chirp at her. "Don't tell me you're hungry because you already coughed up the grass I fed you, and now I don't know what to try." The bird continued chirping. Aello sighed. "Can't you go and find a worm or something on your own? I'm not exactly cut out for the whole feeding you the instant you ask thing right now." Aello paused for a minute, she was nibbling on her bottom lip. "Sorry," she said, although whether her apology was directed at Gabriella or her bird remained unclear.

"Anyway, Gabs... you seem to know something about animals. Having tamed your lovely dog there and all, have any idea what the bird wants?" Aello asked. "I just found it in the forest a few days ago. Its wing was obviously broken, so I patched it up, and the thing has been following me ever since." Aello paused for a moment, "suffice it to say, I know nothing of animals."

OOCNow that I'm all patched up, we could talk about the animals for a bit, or you could just walk off, and we could wrap up. Since Winter is ending and all. We could always do something next season. (Purely social threads get tiring fast, so unless you want something crazy or inconvenient to happen to each of us, I would suggest wrapping up). But whatever you would like to do. I'm relatively open.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gabriella Ishira on March 1st, 2011, 9:11 am

Feeling a little bad that her dog had ruined the water, she sighed a little but shook it off seeing that she had her own water. She placed her hands in her lap and looked down at the little bird as it looked hungry. Not knowing much about animals other than her dog, she thought for a second about what she would see the birds eat before she got up and looked around. A bush had caught her attention as she walked over to it and started to pick out some small berries that looked edible, she thought maybe the little bird would like them.

Her dog followed her over to inspect what she was doing. When he looked in her hands, his stomach growled slightly as he hadn't had anything to eat in a while. Suddenly her hand was covered in his slobber and the berries were gone. "Apollo!" She scolded him and swatted him lightly on the head as he tucked his tail under and crawled away knowing he was in trouble. She shook her head and walked over to the water to wash her hand good before she returned to the bush to pick more.

Once she had another hand full of berries, she walked back over and sat near the bird and placed the berries on the floor in front of it hoping it would like them. "Hopefully that'll satisfy him."

OOC: Yah im growing kind of bored of all the social things, that why i left for a little bit, it was starting to bore me so im up for anything.
Gabriella Ishira
Monk

Character sheet

Postby Aello on March 1st, 2011, 3:35 pm

Aello watched as the sparrow ate up all the berries happily. Little splotches of red juice clinging to the sides of its beak and dripping down the side of it. She smiled happily, the bird was rather cute when it was happy, and generally, making a mess of itself. She supposed the bird would clean itself up later, and decided not to bother helping it clean its face.

"Thanks," Aello said to Gabriella. "It really does seem to like those berries. Whatever they are."

"Anyway," Aello began, as she got to her feet, "thanks for patching me up. I really do appreciate your kindness Gabriella," she commented, as she slowly picked up all her belongings, and eased everything onto her aching body. "But now I must depart and find something to eat. Practice the bow, all of those lovely things."

Aello started to walk away, and when the sparrow had noticed her leaving, it seemed to follow. It was chirping away happily, and Aello couldn't help but smile. She truly was growing rather fond of the bird. "Until our paths do cross," Aello called over her shoulder as she headed into the forest, out of Gabriella's sight.

OOCAlright, I figured I'd turn this in now. See you next season!
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Seth on March 10th, 2011, 3:56 am

Gabriella

• +2 Animal Husbandry XP
  • +1 Medicine XP
  • +1 Herbalism XP

Lores: Dog Command: Down!, Dog Command: Fetch!, How to Realize one is Injured by Sight, Aello is a bit Strange, How to Treat Simple Wounds.

The Method behind my Madness :
You get the Animal Husbandry for taking care of your doggie, as well as giving him a few simple commands that he followed. You get a mixture of medicine and herbalism points for using both to help with Aello's wounds!

Aello:

• +2 Birdkeeping XP
  • +1 Intimidation XP

Lores: Having to Walk with Wounds, How to Hold Little Birds, Making your way through Ravok's Wilderness, Knowing what Birds Want.

The Method behind my Madness :
You get the Birdkeeping XP for taking care of your bird, as well as an Intimidation XP point for being so mean!

Good job, you two! I look forward to seeing more of both of you interacting together!
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous