[Ravok Quest] Uncle Rhysol needs YOU!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Verilian on March 17th, 2011, 12:44 pm

Ravok... a refuge of peace in an otherwise chaotic world, made so by the very god from which chaos springs. To it's citizens Rhysol is their savior, their father who protects them from the dangers of the outside world. The Voice is their mother, whose wisdom guides them and whose word carries nearly as much weight as Rhysol himself. Through the Black Sun they guide Ravok, and through the Ebonstryfe they protect it's borders and keep it's people safe. But not everybody sees things that way...

To some, Rhysol is a god to be hated and feared, the Voice is a tyrant, and the orders beneath them are the arms that carry the bloodied sword. To those people Ravok is an evil place ruled by an evil god and something must be done about it, even if it means risking the safety of the people who call the floating city home. They have been trying to sabotage the Rhysol and his followers, stealing documents and items of value, attacking patrols of the Ebonstryfe, and otherwise doing anything they can to disrupt their activities. The Voice has demanded retribution, but before such can take place all those involved must be discovered, all items stolen must be retrieved, and to do this will require outside help. The Black Sun needs YOU to help root out these threats and help keep Ravok safe.

Anyone may sign up for this quest assuming you are in or around Ravok this spring. Also, you may still sign up once the quest starts because this is going to be a multi-thread, possibly multi-season quest. It will include everything from open combat to subtle behind the scenes political intrigue, and each character who signs up will have a role tailored to suit them best. To start things off, there are three sign up "groups" to choose from, though you can switch around at any time and the exact role you play within the group will vary from character to character.

Group A: Rhysol's loyal, this group includes anyone who is already a member of the Black Sun/Ebonstryfe or has strong ties to Rhysol, or is just a loyal fanatic in general.

Group B: The not so loyal, but still don't want to end up floating dead in a lake, Group B consists of all characters who will need to be persuade, black maled, bribed, or otherwised forced in gerneral to help the Black sun.

Group C: Rhysol's enemies, group C is for those who want to risk their character's lives fighting the good fight against Rhysol and his minions. Please note that while your intentions may be pure, most of Ravok will view you as the bad guy and want to kill you if they find out.

DISCLAIMER:Anyone may sign up for any group, but be warned that characters in group C will be at considerable risk of getting harmed, cursed, or even killed. All three groups have risks, however, and safety is not guaranteed for anyone.

This adventure will be about exposing a conspiracy against Rhysol and his followers, rooting out the traitors in the system, and ultimately crushing all involved. The actual events that play out will be dependent upon those who sign up but could range anywhere from all out bloodshed to subtle behind the scenes investigation. Players will be infiltrating the conspiracy, retrieving stolen items belonging to the Black Sun, kidnapping or killing conspirators, interrogating them, seducing them, pretending to be one of them, whatever it takes to bring to light all that is happening.

The adventure will last at the least from early spring to early summer, and will consist of multiple threads. Seth and Gillar will be helping as well. Players can still carry out their own stories duing the course of this adventure because there will be a lot of "down" time between the events that take place throughout the course of the adventure. Anyone interested in taking part please post here out of character and I will contact you to discuss what part you'll be playing in this little adventure as well as preparing your recruiting thread. Once enough people have signed up we'll start the main story.
Last edited by Verilian on March 18th, 2011, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aello on March 17th, 2011, 1:42 pm

*Looks all around and then raises hand rather reluctantly* Ok I shall come along. Fun times right? You know nearly dying is always tons and tons of fun. Always what one looks forward to in this game. (Note the sarcasm). So yeah... mayhem... bring it on V.

P.S. I would like it to seem like Aello is in group B, simply because I could use some money for books and other supplies, (since this girl is too crazy too hold down a job), but really, she is in the lovely group C. Death to Rhysol I say! *Shakes fist angrily at the God* You are going to die, consider yourself warned mister!
Last edited by Aello on March 17th, 2011, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Roman on March 17th, 2011, 1:43 pm

Well I am going to sigh up for group A. He might not be the most fanatical follower but he truly believes that rhysol is the god that made his life in ravok more or less safe, not to mention he already is the whipping boy of a few ebonstryfe. (ask seth about more info if you wish).

So bring it on!
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Robert Cithon on March 17th, 2011, 1:46 pm

I will join in fun. More than likely I will want to be in group B. Can't wait for the madness to unfold.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Crismento Miren on March 17th, 2011, 2:06 pm

I'd like to sign up, too. Cris is not much of a fighter, but might have other useful talents. Group B is probably the most appropriate since he's not really a devoted follower of Rhysol.
Crismento Miren
Not Laconic

Words: 114694
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby DraSimon Slade on March 17th, 2011, 4:26 pm

I would be willing to join up in this. Throw DraSimon into Group B. He does not particularly care about what happens to Rhysol or his followers, but he is more than ready to put himself into a position of any power.
He could be persuaded into joining either side if the price and the persuasion was right. Violence will not work as much of a motivator, but it could be used to propel him into some temporary action.
Maybe he is a selfish self-centered character, but he is happy with himself.
DraSimon Slade
Busker

Words: 16881
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Sulavik on March 17th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Okay, this quest looks AMAZING. Sulavik will be in group B... to begin with. He has skills in Lakan and in Unarmed. Due to his a bit crazy second soul, and Sulavik's not exactly normal either, he could very probably be persuaded into Group A, if they promised him safety and training for killing his father. That would be interesting, actually. He wouldn't actually BELIEVE in their cause, but he'd be a good lackey.

Funfun. :) Thanks for letting me be involved!
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Gural on March 17th, 2011, 10:24 pm

This quest does look very promising indeed, with that in mind i would like to join group C. Gural could easily refuse to take part in the quest, but i will take him believing that Rhysol lacks any honor to be the reason he should be punished. (like we do with the Cerulean back home, on a slightly bigger scale) Also i would really like to firsthand feel all that danger you are granting to the enemies of the god.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Words: 34400
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 10:58 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Syndre on March 17th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Sign me up :) Though Syndre is loyal to Akajia and not Rhysol, he isn't exactly anti-Rhysol. I'm leaning between group B and C, probably more so to B. If there was some type of divine intervention from his Goddess telling him to go against Rhysol, then I would choose C. If not, stick me in B.
Syndre
Vermin of Ravok

Words: 128551
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Reaver on March 17th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Group B. Reaver could pretend to be Group A, though. He's lived in the city long enough. PM me if you want me to be involved.

EDIT: Group A would apply, you wouldn't need to force him to join. He'd choose to in hopes of earning something nifty... like access to a proper lab.
Last edited by Reaver on March 22nd, 2011, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next