Symenestra Medical Provision

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Symenestra Medical Provision

Postby Sabellius Scarsi on January 11th, 2010, 8:37 pm

In Symenestra culture, how is medical aid dealt with? Is it primarily the job of priests? Are there any trained doctors/nurses? Obviously there aren't many Symenestra but considering the trauma of their births, presumably someone is trained in medicine to be sorting out these Caesarian births.

Also, would 'Sister' be an appropriate term for a female Symenestra nurse/priest?

Thank you!
Sabellius Scarsi
Player

Words: 2411
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2010, 5:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: Symenestra Medical Provision

Postby Colombina on January 11th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Medical aid is performed by "Medics", since healers are very rare. Those in nurse like positions are called "Assistants". Religion is not involved in medicine and the Symenestra would steer away from such endearing terms as "sister" when it came to the profession.

Midwives who help surrogates give birth call their profession "Animal husbandry", however if they do more than just assist in surrogate births they are called Medics.

This link might be a little helpful to you.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Re: Symenestra Medical Provision

Postby Sabellius Scarsi on January 11th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Thank you very much, that link was very helpful. I'm glad of the use of the word 'medics', as I had used without thinking.

And thank you for the feedback on the term 'Sister'. It was fairly important for my characterisation (as far as names and titles can be), but I think I have found a more fitting title in the character's context.
Sabellius Scarsi
Player

Words: 2411
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2010, 5:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet