[Knirin Gardens] At rainbows end [Descant]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Fade on January 27th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Fade shifted position her eyes still wondering around the greenery then looked back at him.
The girlier side of Fade had to point out that he was, well quite handsome, in his reserved somewhat strange manner.

Fast, yes her hunch had been right, cheetahs were fast. She didn’t know from personal experience of course, she had only a vague idea.
She stayed in silence for a few minutes pondering his words, she hoped he wouldn’t break the silence, the abilities to enjoy another’s silence was a hard one to find. But anyway she needed silence, she played with a blade of grass and said Just an ex pit fighter? Ok then I’m just an ex contortionist and acrobat” She chuckled looking at him again, Fade's eyes were twinkling with what could be defined as playful malice. Reading Fades icy eyes was difficult though, his though presented a strange sense of .

“So…you were a slave too then?” It was again more of a statement then a question. She longed to ask him for more information, but he would tell her if he wanted to.
He had smiled after his last statement and Fade took it as a sign of sanity, for her it was better to laugh than to cry.
She also wanted to know what a cheetah really looked like, but it would be to forward and all the nakedness would be…well embarrassing.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on January 30th, 2011, 9:51 pm

He watched her shift in her place, he bit his lip, wondering if he made her uncomfortable or if he was boring her. He was worried and it showed on his face. When she looked back at him, he quickly averted his eyes, feeling as though he might be watching her too closely, shifting his eyes to the grass. He wondered what she was thinking, if her thoughts were similar to his but, he couldnt build up the courage to ask.

As she spoke again, he looked back up at her, noting the tone of her voice and gave a somewhat coy half smile. It seemed as though she was playing some sort of verbal game with him. A game he obviously wasnt familiar with. "It suits you, your build and the way you move supports that type of lifestyle. But honestly, thats all I am, I'd be lucky to be some childs pet. Kavala says that if I bond, I'd be more of a best friend or something like that to someone because I've lived longer without being bonded. But why would someone bond with me, Im just a retired pttfighter with scars for show, and scarred male kelvics dont have much value." He shook his head and actually let out a small chuckle, looking at her again. He memorized her features, taking just a little bit of her at a time. Like the thinness of her pale lips, or the elegant thickness of her eyelashes, or the slender lengths of her fingers.

He nodded in response to her question that seemed more like a deduction than a question. He tilted his head, reading just a bit of curiosity in her eyes and for some reason he had the urge to quell it. "Is there something you wanted to know, Fade? You look a bit curious. If so, ask what you want, I dont mind...at all." He simply waited for her to answer, he had a hunch about what it was but he didnt want to jump to conclusions. Honestly, he'd answer just about anything she could ask him. Its strange, normally, he was even more reserved than he was now.
Descant Shepard
Player

Words: 35137
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 7:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Fade on January 31st, 2011, 1:31 pm

She wasn’t following him much on the bonding part, her knowledge regarding Kelvics was very limited, but she understood the need, the longing to have someone close.
“Your not just an ex pit fighter, no one is just anything. Everyone is something or everything to someone” She smiled at him catching his eyes again, he had shifted away almost as if he were embarrassed. He said he had no value, she almost chuckled out loud, for her part she was probably worth her weight in mizas!
“I really didn’t choose my profession, I…well, my owner was the owner of a circus, and training was a good excuse to be away from him…it gave me something else to live for…” She shut her mouth suddenly very apprehensive as she usually was when talking about her past.
She tied a knot with the blade of grass and started another one, a smile still playing on her lips.

Was there something she wanted to know? Fade looked up from the tender blade of grass, folding her hands in her lap, she replied truthfully “I’m curious about many things, about your past and well I was wondering what a cheetah really looks like…” Then she added “And of course you’re welcome to ask any question”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on February 7th, 2011, 8:17 pm

Descant listened to Fade speak about about the worth of a person, but alas, he chuckled again. He ruffled his hair for the third time, it may have seemed as though it was something he did when he was nervous. He brought his eyes back to hers and let out a small chuckles yet again. "Well Im sure for most people, that would be true, but the only person I really have in the world other than myself is Kavala. And she has a life that doesnt at all have room enough for me and she makes it anyway, but I doubt Im everything to her. And Im sure not everything to myself.. " He shrugged and tapped the thick, black nail of his forefinger against his palm. He wondered about something for a moment, staring in her eyes, comtemplating his thought, but not bothering to share it.

His ears perked as she started to speak on her past in more detail. He figured that she was somehow involved in some kind of circus, being that she was an acrobat and contortionist. He tiled his head, looking at his pam, then back to her eyes, a but of a nervous tendency that he'd shown around Kavala herself. He also noticed that she seemed to cut off the rest of her story. He smiled and stared back up at her again, understanding the feeling of talking about a painful past.

He watched her nimble fingers tie a knot in the blade of grass she was playing with and start on another. Then her smile, even though it was small, as small as the smiles he actually gave, it was breathtaking to him. He watched her closer than before, seeking to understand how such a beautiful being came to end up conversating with him.

As she responded to the question of her curiosity, a small smile formed on his face. He'd expected as much. Apparently everyone had been curious about his past so far, but his second suspicion had been correct, she wanted to see his animal form.

He would, of course ask his question afterward, but right now, he was going to show her his bestial form. He smiled and looked back to her from his palm then spoke. "Ok then...close your eyes."
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fade on February 8th, 2011, 12:29 pm

He ruffled his hair, she noticed with the corner of her eye, he had done it before, maybe it was nervousness but it was quite, well…cute.
Fade finished another knot slowly, not rushing almost as if she hadn’t heard him. She listened to his words and added softly to his meagre list of people “and me…”
She didn’t actually know where that inner voice had come from and she hoped he wouldn’t take it in a bad way.

She looked up at him noting his habit of staring at his palm smiled at his order, finished another knot and after some seconds slowly closed her eyes a small smile on her face.
Then she quickly asked, her eyes flashing open, ready to close them if need be “Can you understand speech when in your animal form?”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on February 16th, 2011, 3:22 pm

As he'd removed his cloak, she opened her eyes again. He chuckled and leaned over to her. "Close your eyes, Fade..." He spoke softly then stood, turning around, hoping shed closed her eyes. He lifted his shirt over his head and tossed it to the ground with his cloak. He reached to his belt and gave it a single tug, stripping himself down to the shorts he wore underneath his pants and turned slightly to look at Fade to make sure she kept her eyes closed before he dropped them. And before she opened her eyes again to ask him of his communication skills in his bestial form, he had shifted in a beautiful arrangement of flashing lights. They swirled together and formed the shape of Descants cheetah frame. He nodded to her question, he could in fact understand her.

His cheetah form was lean, rittled with spots and long. His tail flicked in her direction as he stalked closer to her and nuzzled her. He gave her cheek a lick from his raspy tongue and laid his body next to her.
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Descant Shepard on February 16th, 2011, 3:22 pm

As he'd removed his cloak, she opened her eyes again. He chuckled and leaned over to her. "Close your eyes, Fade..." He spoke softly then stood, turning around, hoping shed closed her eyes. He lifted his shirt over his head and tossed it to the ground with his cloak. He reached to his belt and gave it a single tug, stripping himself down to the shorts he wore underneath his pants and turned slightly to look at Fade to make sure she kept her eyes closed before he dropped them. And before she opened her eyes again to ask him of his communication skills in his bestial form, he had shifted in a beautiful arrangement of flashing lights. They swirled together and formed the shape of Descants cheetah frame. He nodded to her question, he could in fact understand her.

His cheetah form was lean, rittled with spots and long. His tail flicked in her direction as he stalked closer to her and nuzzled her. He gave her cheek a lick from his raspy tongue and laid his body next to her.
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fade on February 18th, 2011, 12:55 pm

She closed her eyes again quickly just to open them to stare right as Descants animal form, and it was like nothing she had seen before.
As he touched her the wave of emotions and desires washed over her, she grimaced slightly her lips forming a hard line for a moment. She had no problem surfacing, controlling her gift. Maybe it was the simple fact that she wanted to help him get what he wanted let aside her Ranuri. Or because her Ranuri compelled her to do what she would have done anyway.

She lauphed lightly as he licked her cheek.
He was truly amazing, she hesitated not sure if he would let her then tickled his jaw, she knew cats lowed being scratched there.

She hoped her grimace wouldn’t be misinterpreted so she explained “Don’t be upset, it’s this “ she tapped her faintly glowing mark “It’s a gnosis mark from Nikali, goddess of slavery, pleasure and lust it…tells me what people desire or needs and makes me feel compelled to serve them in any way” She said it matter of factly, it was the first time she had said it so openly, she seemed to open up “Some people regard it as a curse, but it’s a blessing, it helped me survive my slavery.” She looked into his golden eyes and said “I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you or if you feel I have invaded your privacy”

She traced with her slender fingers some spots on his muscled back, she opened her mouth as if to say something then she smiled saying slowly “You are truly amazing”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on March 11th, 2011, 2:13 am

As Fade scratched under his chin his body relaxed just a bit more as he laid there with her. He had indeed noticed her expression earlier, but thought nothing of it and when she began to explain it, nodded his head, understanding whtat she was saying. He simply nuzzled her again, as if to say "Dont worry about it...".

As she continued to touch him, tracing her fingers over his body, he watched her hand and looked back to her face periodically. When she spoke again, he tilted his head, no one had ever called him amazing before. He tilted his head a bit, his tail grazing her back as he laid there. If he could smile he would, but..cheetahs dont smile. He simply stared up at her pale face, marveling her icy blues and enjoy the petting.

Since she continued to touch him, Fade should know, due to her gnosis, that he was starting to get a bit hungry and wanted to head back to Sanctuary now. He had to see Kavala and talk to her aboout hunting game for the winter. It was getting cold and no doubt animals for the hunt would be scarce, but she'd asked Descant to help, he owed it to Kavala. he was ready to work.
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fade on March 18th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Fade looked back into his feline gold eyes and something moved inside her. She looked away, her eyes taking in the gardens. She looked at her fingers gently resting against his lean body and feeling his desires almost as her own.

He wanted to go to Kavala, Fade understood his yearning as her own and the slight hunger sating from the pits of his stomach.
She looked at the big cat next to her and almost asked herself how she had got here. Months ago all this would have seemed nothing but a weird rambling dream.

“Go if you must” She said a half smiled on her lips her clear blue eyes distant. “I’m sure we will meet again soon”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Previous